2010/2011 Purple Myst Project

• Thread starter Xrancher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Xrancher

Xrancher

Hey there S i R, I've been working my ass off...!!!...yesterday I was at the local court house wanting to face the officer that gave me a ticket in my local town.
I wanted to cross examine him in front of his peers...but the douche didn't show up and I won by default...that's good...!!!...but I really wanted to let the judge know what a dick he was for giving me a ticket...long story...so I wasn't working in the garden...

But this morning the dew made the Agribon sag...so here's a shot of what the fix was...the Agribon is super light weight...add water and it gets heavy...the peak is right at 11'6".

added vertical support posts...

agribon_supports3resize.jpg

I'm using all my hoop house stuff for the bug barrier house...I hope I got it on in time...???...we'll see...

Thanks for droppin by S i R and all you other farmers...I'm learning what to do and what not to do...this garden is almost to big for one old dude...

Peace, Blue Skies and No Bugs,

Xrancher

Xrancher

Xrancher

Hey Farmers, I have a problem with PJ Purple Myst #3...it's dying...it's the only one dying among all the others...

Here's the pics...

#1...

1_Purple_Myst_2resize.jpg

#2...

2_Purple_Myst_2resize.jpg

#3...the one dying...

3_Purple_Myst_2resize.jpg

#4...

4_Purple_Myst_2resize.jpg

I think moles or gophers is the cause...anyone have any ideas...???...
they all have the exact same nutes and growing conditions...WTF...???...!!!

And here's another addition...the original greenhouse end on the Agribon hoophouse.

Hoophouse_end1resize.jpg

So now I have a real door...with screen for ventilation.

Peace and Blue Skies,

Xrancher

Xrancher

Xrancher

Well...I've been working my ass off to make ends meet and some of the time working in my garden.

I hope #3 PJ Purple is going to make it...I trimmed a some wilted and dying branches in hopes it will come back to life...my thoughts tell me it's a combo of moles/gophers and lack of water uptake.

Here's a pic from this morning of #3...

3_Purple_wilted1resize.jpg

This is #4 PJ this morning...

4_Purple_Myst912011resize.jpg

A pic of the variety pack...I think 7 strains are shown...

variety_Pack2resize.jpg

That's all I've got for now...crossin my fingers for life...

Peace, Blue Skies and you farmers in the U.S. be safe on this long weekend,

Xrancher

S

StrikeitRich

Sorry that one has to have a problem, but atleast its just the one.

All things are looking nice including that sly door u got.

The variety pack any ideas on the strains. looks nice, where u get that from?

Keep on rocking!

Peace,
S i R

Xrancher

Xrancher

StrikeitRich Sorry that one has to have a problem, but atleast its just the one.

All things are looking nice including that sly door u got.

The variety pack any ideas on the strains. looks nice, where u get that from?

Keep on rocking!

Peace,
S i R

Hi S i R, thanks for stopping by,

I do know what strains are shown...I think...I'll have to take a look at the full size pic to see for sure...I should have shot that photo in the dark...that white background makes it washed out in the daylight...sorry...

From the top left...continuing clockwise...PJ Purple Myst #4...PJ Purple Myst#3...notice the droopy leaves...next...Kandy Kush...the tallest of the girls...bent over by the Agribon...PJ Purple Myst #2 & #1...Purple Dawg on the upper right...next is Purple Trash...one that fell over...has a post in front of it...immediately to the right is a couple leaves of Romulan...in front of that is one branch of Fucking incredible...lower right is Headband...to it's left..center of pic... is BlackBerry Kush...lower left is Soma...

I had to go and actually look to make sure...lol...

The ones that can't be seen are...TrainWreck...Pineapple Thai...Purple Chem...Thai Diesel and SpaceShip...I lost count...9 in the pic...plus the 5 that aren't visible...is...14 strains...???...

It's amazing that every strain is unique to it's self, structure, color, aroma...even the clones have there own personalities...well to me anyway...and also for my patients who require different medicinal qualities.

Thanks for the visit S i R, and everyone else,

Peace and Blue Skies,

Xrancher

S

StrikeitRich

Ty for the time u took to look that shit up for me.

Damn i wish i had the space to run that many girls, and that large too.

Peace,
S i R

T

theTinker

This is one of my favourite thread. Your work is just amazing. Very professional. Thanks for the proper resolution photos!

Xrancher

Xrancher

Ty for the time u took to look that shit up for me.

Damn i wish i had the space to run that many girls, and that large too.

Peace,
S i R

No worries...

Yeah...it took me 20 years of procrastination to get here...lol...and...I'm moving next year to a different farm...it's good and bad at the same time...IYKWIM.

This is one of my favourite thread. Your work is just amazing. Very professional. Thanks for the proper resolution photos!

Thanks a bunch Tinker, I'm not so much a professional than trying to give patients some options with what medication works for them...

the magical Cannabis plant has been in prohibition so long that not much research has been done on specific strains that relieve an individuals symptoms...

I feel I need to grow a variety because it's basically up to the patient to self-diagnose...I don't recommend or suggest any strain...that would be practicing medicine...which is illegal without a license...I just give them samples until they decide what works best for them...they decide.

I was told by my Dr. that I should start a data base with strains that commonly relieve specific symptoms so Dr.s would have something to recommend to their patients.

Thanks again S i R & Tinker and all you other farmers for the visits...I hope my trials and errors help with your grows, gives you inspiration or at least gives you some entertainment..lol...

I just found one brownish bud on the Pineapple Thai...I dissected it but found no bug...???

That's it for now,

Peace and Blue Skies,

Xrancher

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Howdy Rancher. Have ya missed me yet. Hey I know it was a while back but I just purchased a 20 pack of new scissors and I am planning them all for me when I help come trim the Jungle. I see your having some chalenges. My first question is have you fended off the bud moths ?? I am worried for your one plant have you checked the soil she is growing in for compaction? I know it shouldnt be an issue but if she is an agressive root grower she might have root bound herself. watering less more often will fix that it causes serious wilting and discoloring because the roots are starved for air. I dont know that is the cause but its my full 2 cents.

Beyond that does Hortohoney happen to have a younger single sister haha. The rest of your garden looks great brother your finacinal woes will soon be comming to a close from what I see. I love that pinkish purple coloring in the pistols on your PJ's.

Much Love
-Dr.

Xrancher

Xrancher

Howdy Rancher. Have ya missed me yet. Hey I know it was a while back but I just purchased a 20 pack of new scissors and I am planning them all for me when I help come trim the Jungle. I see your having some chalenges. My first question is have you fended off the bud moths ?? I am worried for your one plant have you checked the soil she is growing in for compaction? I know it shouldnt be an issue but if she is an agressive root grower she might have root bound herself. watering less more often will fix that it causes serious wilting and discoloring because the roots are starved for air. I dont know that is the cause but its my full 2 cents.

Beyond that does Hortohoney happen to have a younger single sister haha. The rest of your garden looks great brother your finacinal woes will soon be comming to a close from what I see. I love that pinkish purple coloring in the pistols on your PJ's.

Much Love
-Dr.

I've missed you for sure Dr. D...I have some good news and bad news...

First...I believe I've found the problem with #3 PJ...I spent some time crawling around in the Enchanted Garden taking a close look at what's going on...this is what I found...one main branch was dying...1/3 of the plant...

A branch/node separated at the top of the bark/cambium ridge...

damaged_branch1resize.jpg

that gave an entry for insects and mold...resulting in this...

dying_branch3resize.jpg

I cut the entire branch off below the damaged node...

damaged_branch2resize.jpg

lopped_branch2resize.jpg

notice the dark stripe going up from the damaged branch...

branch_n_hand1resize.jpg

closer look at the damaged stalk...I believe the black specks are "frass" insect shit...

frass1resize.jpg

yet a closer look at the white material resembling mold inside the stalk...

white_material1resize.jpg

I sealed the fresh cut branch with Pruning Sealer...

pruning_sealerresize.jpg

pruning_sealer_appliedresize.jpg

now I wait...to see how #3 responds to the trauma of surgery...

so that's the good news...bad news is I've found budworm damage on the Spaceship plant...I've got pictures to post later when I find time...I'm on full budworm alert...I don't know if there were already eggs or the moths are hatching inside the enclosed garden and then laying eggs...

Oh...sorry Dr. D...hortohoney's got no sisters...

Peace, Blue Skies and Kill them bugs,

Xrancher

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Howdy Rancher,
I am very glad to see you have things as under control as possible. I was glad to see you found the cause of the sad PJ. I am terrified for you with those dumb moths. I really hope you can contain them to a small portion of things I hear they can really play hell on some gardens. Are there any helper bugs you could import? I dont know what would be aggressive toward moths and there larva praying mantises perhaps. What other measures will you employ to control or reduce there population. I would like to be prepared in case I ever get them.

It was to much to hope that there could be more than one girl like that around whos easy to find. I will find one I just have to keep looking

Death to the Invaders

-Doc

S

StrikeitRich

Wow, Again u amaze me with ur teachings. What i would give to follow u in ur garden and learn from u for a couple seasons.

Peace,
S i R

Xrancher

Xrancher

It's been 10 days since I've updated...the Agribon experiment is over and off of the girls.

I have worm damage...it could be much worse...I cut all the damaged colas off the affected plants...I'm trying to salvage the undamaged parts...probably 1lb dried...damn fucking moths...

I'm contemplating spraying BT...I've read a lot of info on it and I might try it at least on half my plants...I really hate to spray but BT is a naturally occurring bacteria just concentrated to be affective for larvae.

Here are some pics...

The Garden...

Garden_pic_9152011resize.jpg

#4 PJ Purple Myst...

4_PJ_Purple_Myst_9152011resize.jpg

#3 PJ Purple Myst...the one that's been trying to die...

3_Pj_Purple_Myst_9152011resize.jpg

Purple Chem...

Purple_Chem_9152011resize.jpg

I've been busy as hell...with all things...I do have some wisdom to impart...

Don't fucking grow your plants so god damn big...they're way too much for one guy to deal with...!!!...and...put more space between them...

My Soma plants have sooo many leaves...I plucked one 5' plant for 2 fucking hours this evening...found some budworm damage but not much ...so far.

Thanks everyone for stopping by, I'll update again when "The Universe" allows me time...

Peace and Blue Skies,

Xrancher

S

StrikeitRich

I've been busy as hell...with all things...I do have some wisdom to impart...

Don't fucking grow your plants so god damn big...they're way too much for one guy to deal with...!!!...and...put more space between them...

Peace and Blue Skies,

Xrancher

"Man's got to know his limitations"

S

StrikeitRich

I'm sure u will pull through this. Sucks u still got bud worms. Atleast ur vigilant enough to fix it before they take everything out.

I've never had to deal with them so i cannot advise in the matter.

I'm sure it will be okay.

That Purple Chem is Chunky looking, or is she just naked?lol.

Peace,
S i R

Xrancher

Xrancher

"Man's got to know his limitations"

That's the rub...how do we know our limitations until we cross the line...???...

Then it's too late...and we know...reminds me of the Biblical myth about "The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil"...

I have purchased Pyrethrin, BT and Spinosad to combat the "evil ones"...

I decided after much research to use Spinosad...a naturally occurring microbial agent found in dirt, which won't harm lady bugs, is highly non-toxic, breaks down in sunlight and when sprayed on leafy vegetables can be harvested the next day...so whether we know it or not most of our vegetables we eat are sprayed with at least one of these organic insecticides if not all...

The active ingredient is derived from a naturally occurring soil dwelling bacterium called Saccharopolyspora spinosa, a rare actinomycete reportedly collected from soil in an abandoned rum distillery on a Caribbean Island in 1982 by a scientist on vacation.[

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinosad

It took me from 6:00pm until 2:00am to spray my garden...

well...we'll see how all this goes...

Peace and Blue Skies,

Xrancher

Xrancher

Xrancher

So...I was in the garden at dusk...I saw a moth on a leaf...

I went to kill it by hand...but...

The motherfucker was already dead!!!!!!!!!!

Yahooooo!!!!!!!

it's working...

Peace and Blue Skies,

Xrancher

Xrancher

Xrancher

I now believe after dissecting many buds that the moth explosion I witnessed a few weeks ago was from my garden.

I haven't found one worm on my big plants with damage...only the remainder of their pupal casing...

Next year I will definitely spray for moths earlier... right when the buds first start to develop.

I saw some more worm damage while I was spraying the other night and will get some photos in the near future...

I am going to set up scaffolding to reach the tops...I used a 12 foot, 3 legged ladder the night I sprayed...it was a pain in the ass.

off to work...

Peace and Blue Skies,

Xrancher

S

Screen OF Green

Man I would love to do outdoor sometime but it sounds like you guys are bothered a lot by bugs... and I Fucking Hate Bugs!

Beautiful plants

S

StrikeitRich

Wheeew.. And all is better in the world for the moment. LOL.

I hear u bout them ladders and uneaven surfaces. lol. Scaffelding.. U got a cherry picker u can get out there.. lol

Peace,
S i R

Latest posts

Top Bottom