2010/2011 Purple Myst Project

• Thread starter Xrancher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Xrancher

Xrancher

I slept in until 6:00 this morning instead of my usual 5:00 am wake up...the fog had rolled in...it was foggy as hell...then it cleared by 7:00 and at 8:30 it rolled back in...kinda like the tides...so I got inspired and took some fog pics...

sun_rays_fog_n_cannabis4_resize.jpg

sun_rays_n_cannabis1_resize.jpg

Aug_6_2011_man_n_cannabis2_resize.jpg

I swear my hand is in this pic...

hand_in_cannabis1_resize.jpg

and this one as well...I'm on my toes...my reach is over 8'...

hand_in_cannabi2_resize.jpg

colors of Fall...look for the leaf hopper...

old_yellow_n_purple_fan_leaves_resize.jpg

Peace and Blue Skies,

Xrancher

Xrancher

Xrancher

I thought I would introduce some of the PJ Purple Myst's neighbors...

Here is my little SpaceShip...she was one of the tiniest clones I think I ever paid actual money for...

SpaceShip3resize.jpg

SpaceShip10resize.jpg

SpaceShip9resize.jpg

SpaceShip_bud_macro1resize.jpg

SpaceShip_bud_macro3.jpg

SpaceShip_bud_macro4.jpg

SpaceShip_macro_bud2.jpg

This cut is the purest Sativa I've seen in a long time...oh and the cage around it is 5' tall to give perspective...

Pineapple Thai...

pineapple_thai2resize.jpg

Last and least is #13 PJ Purple Myst clone...off the 4 original clones...she's the runt...

PJ_clone_runt_resize.jpg

Those are a few neighbors of the original four Purple Girl clones that are now 10' tall...

Peace and Blue Skies,

Xrancher

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Howdy Xrancher,
Had to stop in again and browse your garden. Looks like things are moving along nicely for you. I have to say your fog pictures make me think your garden needs a gorilla. I dont know how that would work but he would look right at home besides then you might be able to get someones hand up higher than those monsters. I relaized when seeing your "little plants" how far away I am from that kind of garden. great pictures

Xrancher

Xrancher

Howdy Xrancher,
Had to stop in again and browse your garden. Looks like things are moving along nicely for you. I have to say your fog pictures make me think your garden needs a gorilla. I dont know how that would work but he would look right at home besides then you might be able to get someones hand up higher than those monsters. I relaized when seeing your "little plants" how far away I am from that kind of garden. great pictures

Thanks for droppin by my garden Dr. Dankz...I thought I was going to see a gorilla yesterday when I was crawling around in gnomeland grooming and fertilizing my girls/monsters...I have a few animals, as you can see, that frequent the enchanted garden from time to time...I heard a sound behind me yesterday while deep in the jungle, it was one of my chickens...scared the shit outa me...lol...

I'm glad you enjoy the photos...and I'm glad they inspire you...this all started with the dream to do what I'm finally doing after years of hard knocks...

then I stumble onto this site and onto "humboldtlocal"s thread...talk about inspiration...that grow of his inspired me like nothing else could.

Preparation for this years grow started over a year ago...I'm already planning and preparing for next years grow...with the Universe willing to let me...

I grow out of the love for this wonderful, magical and medicinal plant...all I want in return is healing for my patients, peace in my life, and a modest living, allowing me more time to spend outside in my garden.

Thanks again Dr. D for stopping in...keep dreaming big and it will happen...It's still a bit of a struggle but well worth it...

I don't always get what I want...but I get what I need...

Peace and Blue Skies,

Xrancher

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Thanks for droppin by my garden Dr. Dankz...I thought I was going to see a gorilla yesterday when I was crawling around in gnomeland grooming and fertilizing my girls/monsters...I have a few animals, as you can see, that frequent the enchanted garden from time to time...I heard a sound behind me yesterday while deep in the jungle, it was one of my chickens...scared the shit outa me...lol...

I'm glad you enjoy the photos...and I'm glad they inspire you...this all started with the dream to do what I'm finally doing after years of hard knocks...

then I stumble onto this site and onto "humboldtlocal"s thread...talk about inspiration...that grow of his inspired me like nothing else could.

Preparation for this years grow started over a year ago...I'm already planning and preparing for next years grow...with the Universe willing to let me...

I grow out of the love for this wonderful, magical and medicinal plant...all I want in return is healing for my patients, peace in my life, and a modest living, allowing me more time to spend outside in my garden.

Thanks again Dr. D for stopping in...keep dreaming big and it will happen...It's still a bit of a struggle but well worth it...

I don't always get what I want...but I get what I need...

Peace and Blue Skies,

Xrancher

Hey Brother,

If I had a chicken come wandering out from inside one of my plants I would flat out freak even if it was mine. But I might end up with a good dinner that night.

Thank you always for the inspiration. I always have found with any project I have worked on success is 1 part inspiration 5 parts hard work and 2 parts persistence.

I am striving toward the same goal of being able to provide myself and my patients with low cost meds in a world were the price of everything seems to be flat out crazy these days. Growing even just my first time has provided a real sense of completion and achievement I feel its hard to find in today's world.

Keep Living the dream.

-Doc

Xrancher

Xrancher

Hey Brother,

If I had a chicken come wandering out from inside one of my plants I would flat out freak even if it was mine. But I might end up with a good dinner that night.

Thank you always for the inspiration. I always have found with any project I have worked on success is 1 part inspiration 5 parts hard work and 2 parts persistence.

I am striving toward the same goal of being able to provide myself and my patients with low cost meds in a world were the price of everything seems to be flat out crazy these days. Growing even just my first time has provided a real sense of completion and achievement I feel its hard to find in today's world.

Keep Living the dream.

-Doc

Hi Dr. D, you're very welcome for the inspiration...you and I are on the same page as providing quality Medicinal Cannabis at low prices to our patients.

Speaking of chickens in the Enchanted Garden I have found a real Gnome...

I brought in a ringer...a professional gnome hunter...here's what he found...

gnome_hunter_resize.jpg

First he waited for gnome weather...

1morning_mist_resize.jpg

3morning_mist_resize.jpg

2morning_mist_resize.jpg

Now for the first time...

The cutest gnome in the whole wide world...

3gnome_resize.jpg

1gnome_resize.jpg

2gnome_resize.jpg

well that's all I have for now...

Peace and Blue Skies,

Xrancher

L

LikemindS

Great Thread Xranch!
I really like the hoop house!
I hope to have one of those for myself one day.
All your bushes look beautiful!!!
Keep up the good work and good meds!
:banana1sv6: :banana1sv6: :banana1sv6: :banana1sv6:

T

TheGreenHand

I gotta give props when its due....and man i aint seen plants that large in a long time! You gotta gift brother, Keep up the great work!

Xrancher

Xrancher

Great Thread Xranch!
I really like the hoop house!
I hope to have one of those for myself one day.
All your bushes look beautiful!!!
Keep up the good work and good meds!

Thanks for stoppin by LikemindS, the hoophouse with supplemental light is the secret...it saved my butt from the crappy weather, rain and hail, that would have really wrecked my garden this Spring.
Hard work...but you can see the results...

I gotta give props when its due....and man i aint seen plants that large in a long time! You gotta gift brother, Keep up the great work!

Hey TheGreenHand, thanks for stoppin by and for the props...I'm actually amazed myself at the way these girls/monsters are growing...it goes to show what good prep and hard work will accomplish...

Thanks as well to all you Farmers that stop in to the Enchanted Garden for a visit...I really can hardly wait for my PJ Purple Myst flowers..I'm gettin a bit low on that particular medication at the moment...

Peace and Blue Skies,

Xrancher

T

theTinker

When is the expected finish date?

I cant even imagine how long that would all take to trim, but i bet its work u will enjoy! Killer photos as always my man. Thanks

Xrancher

Xrancher

When is the expected finish date?

I cant even imagine how long that would all take to trim, but i bet its work u will enjoy! Killer photos as always my man. Thanks

Thanks for the visit Tinker, I think I'll have a fairly staggered harvest...the PJ Purple Myst or whatever it is, is a late finisher...the SpaceShip, Purple Trash and Purple Chem will be harvested first...I hope...as they were the first to start flowering...
The trimming is scaring me at the moment...I have reinforcements in mind for sure...I won't mention any names...but the state of the art trimming machine is $1000.00 a day with an $8,500.00 cash deposit...so I won't be trying it this year...!!!...???...lol...

Here are some more neighbors of the PJ Purple Myst...

Purple Trash...

Morning light...

purple_trash_bud4resize.jpg

Later in the afternoon...

purple_trash2resize.jpg

purple_trash1resize.jpg

purple_trash_bud1resize.jpg

Cali Connection Purple Chem from seed...the two in the foreground...
These differ in phenotype somewhat...

purple_chem4resize.jpg

purple_chem6resize.jpg

purple_chem5resize.jpg

purple_chem2resize.jpg

purple_chem1resize.jpg

Thanks again Tinker for droppin by and all you other farmers as well,

Peace and Blue Skies,

Xrancher

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Dont Worry to much Rancher I have my chain saw gassed up and 5 brand new pair of scissors. The girls are looking great brother. I even like those garden gnomes you found. If you are not aware you can buy the trimpro gas powered trimmer for around 3200-3500. electric is about 500 more with the speed control. I don't know were that sits in your world. Just a thought.

Make sure you feed the elves hidden in your wonderful enchanted land.

Xrancher

Xrancher

Dont Worry to much Rancher I have my chain saw gassed up and 5 brand new pair of scissors. The girls are looking great brother. I even like those garden gnomes you found. If you are not aware you can buy the trimpro gas powered trimmer for around 3200-3500. electric is about 500 more with the speed control. I don't know were that sits in your world. Just a thought.

Make sure you feed the elves hidden in your wonderful enchanted land.

Hi there Dr. D, I'll keep you in mind for sure...right now my cash stash is a bit low but I have a mentor with a trimpro...so I do have some options open...
I think we'll need more than five pairs of scissors..or is that just for you???...lol...you are definitely right about the chain saw...the Kandy Kush has a 4" stalk right now.
I think the gnomes/elves went back to their lairs...I really never know what I might find in that jungle..I chased another chicken out of there again today...lol...

Thanks for stoppin by Bro,

Peace and Blue Skies,

Xrancher

Xrancher

Xrancher

Yummy, yum!

Hey S i R, thanks for stoppin by...I got the "jonesez" as well...I have some other experiments goin as you can see...I have been so fn busy helping old friends, visitors and starting a new business that I've been neglecting the Enchanted Garden...
I just came inside after a couple of hours in that jungle...fertilizing with fish emulsion and looking at what needs to be done.
I'm waiting until the evening cool down and am going to remove all of the old fan leaves from the PJ Purple Myst...
Here are some pics of what I've got to do...

Purple_fan_leaves3resize.jpg

Purple_fan_leaves1resize.jpg

Purple_fan_leaves2resize.jpg

Thanks again S i R for stoppin in,

Peace and Blue Skies,

Xrancher

Xrancher

Xrancher

Well...I was wondering if I would get around to supporting my plants before they fell...as fate would have it...

I spent the weekend with some of my old Bro's that get together every now and then which I hadn't seen in 5 or 6 years.

I left hortohoney in charge of the farm for a few days...well I get a call from her Saturday as we are all eating and partying that the Purple Trash, BlackBerry Kush and the TrainWreck had fallen over.

hortohoney and I have discussed the art of getting the Cannabis plants back upright a time or two so she knows how not to move them until all supports are ready so you only move them once...I have had to learn the hard way...lifting them up and down will do more damage than just lifting them once.

So hortohoney gets some 2" x 10' posts cuts them down to 8' and pounds them in to save my girls...

What a cool and multi-skilled woman to have watching the farm while I'm away partying with old friends...one in a million...

hortohoney rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only had a couple of posts at the farm for her to use...so Sunday I went to the local builders supply and bought 15 more posts and a huge roll of binding twine...

First some pics that hortohoney took when the girls were down so I could see how bad they looked...

Purple Trash down...notice the root ball coming out of the ground...with the BlackBerry Kush leaning in the background...

Purple_Trash_falls_down1.jpg

The Purple Trash is on the ground between two smaller plants...

Purple_Trash_falls_over1.jpg

Purple Trash down with BlackBerry Kush down in background...

Blackberry_Kush_falls_down1.jpg

Looking at the top of the cola's with the Purple Trash laying down...

Purple_Trash_falls_over2.jpg

hortohoney worked about 1 1/2 hours to get them back upright...
then on Sunday I finished the job...

Purple Trash back vertical...

purple_trash_after_posts1resize.jpg

Oh...almost forgot one Purple Myst was leaning even though it was caged...

Purple Myst posted and twined...

purple_myst_after_posts1resize.jpg

TrainWreck posted and twined

trainwreck_after_posts1resize.jpg

Well they all survived with just slight damage thanks to hortohoney.

It's all good now...well not really...

eta: I went outside to take another photo and saw hundreds of moths flying around in front of my house in the morning sun...none in the garden...yet...maybe one...got the Agribon+ 19 out and covered the girls...still working on the frame and supports...pics to follow...

Peace and Blue Skies,

Xrancher

Xrancher

Xrancher

Here are the photos of my work today...I still have a bit to do...but I'm takin a med break...iykwim...

Throwing the Agribon+ 19 over the garden...

outside_agribon1resize.jpg

Hoops up with Agribon+ 19...

outside_agribon2resize.jpg

Perspective...

outside_agribon3resize.jpg

The peak inside is 11'...I'm having a bit of trouble with my 12' Kandy Kush...I'm thinking about chopping it back a bit...

Inside_agribon1resize.jpg

The hoops are 30' long starting from the ground with the first 10' from the ground 1" PVC...then 20' of 3/4" that's secured to the top of my 6' fence...the hoops are also connected at the peak...the ridge is 3/4" PVC as well.

inside_agribon2resize.jpg

That's a lot of work...for one day...

man you can really see the bugs now...!!!...killed two moths inside...while they were trying to get out...I'm on bud worm watch...kill the little fuckers...

Peace and Blue Skies,

Xrancher

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
wow im impressed you can make a hoop house that big out of 1" pvc

good work

Xrancher

Xrancher

wow im impressed you can make a hoop house that big out of 1" pvc

good work

Thanks motherlode, really only the first ten feet is 1" the next 20' is 3/4" on over the top which then sits in a custom made steel pipe pockets screwed to the fence posts...
The pockets or saddles for the PVC is 7" long steel pipe which is leftover 1 1/2" roll bar tubing from my race car.
The end that sits on the ground, the 1" piece, is slid over a concrete stake.

This is just the stuff I had laying around...I actually had to spend $30.00 on fittings...ouch...!!!...the Agribon+ 19 was only $70.00...it has a 85%-90% light transmission and keeps the moths out...I will have to provide some ventilation.

Thanks for stoppin in motherlode...and everyone else of course,

Peace and Blue Skies.

Xrancher

Latest posts

Top Bottom