2014 vegetable garden action.....

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Most starts are out from under lights and in greenhouse off to a banner start.
DSC 0580

ZONER

ZONER

Looking good ......... My damn cat ate the leaves off all my melon starts, wonder why he didn't touch the hot peppers....:mad:

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

I've been slack.. Still haven't started seeds. And my roommate got a German Shepherd, and the fucker won't stay outta my beds. If this continues once I plant I'm gonna make a coat out of that dog. @chickenman too late to start warm weather seeds or should I look to source some starts. I'm in Lakewood, FYI.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I've been slack.. Still haven't started seeds. And my roommate got a German Shepherd, and the fucker won't stay outta my beds. If this continues once I plant I'm gonna make a coat out of that dog. @chickenman too late to start warm weather seeds or should I look to source some starts. I'm in Lakewood, FYI.
usually put plants out by june 10 so may not be too late to start from seeds...

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Man chickenman between this thread and your time to eat thread, youve got me stricken with envy lol. I miss having chickens around the yard, came in handy for so many things, manure for fertilizer/composting, fresh eggs, pollutant free poultry. I need to get out of the city again. I can hardly even have a worm bin where I live without neighbors bitchin.

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

If anybody knows where I can source chicken wire or something similar for cheap PM me. I'm gonna have a dead dog if it doesn't stay out my beds.

Cort

Cort

primo, check around local fencing companies and sometimes feed stores. compare with big box store prices.

Rabbits got my darned cantaloupe and a few corn sprouts. AHH need more pepper dust till I can get fenced. Melon just started flowering too dang it.

Anyone know where I can get some extra time, dirt cheap? Cant seem to find any.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Primo,try a hotwire around that garden to keep the dog out,they only hit it a couple times and they stay away.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
CM, no automatic waterers..?
Nope, 2 8 gallon fonts last 3 days or so, can add our treatment.. For hens we use 50 gallon barrels with nipples, heated during winter, cant really heat auto waters.....

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

Nope, 2 8 gallon fonts last 3 days or so, can add our treatment.. For hens we use 50 gallon barrels with nipples, heated during winter, cant really heat auto waters.....
Sent you a PM, CM.

Hey look what I found this morning out near the beds. 3rd one this year.
IMG 20140508 101849

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Did you kill it...?
I have a model that the manufacturer has a heating element for, and then we insulate the supply lines and frankly, I love it and how much water it saves just by not getting full of chicken shit. I do also offer other various choices of water sources, from rainwater I collect in trays, to pro-biotic treated, to the water I have up on the porch, to the constant-flow nipple waterer, kind of like I do with stuff like the oyster shell flour and feed--I'm trusting them to eat what they actually need. So far so good, they're happy and healthy outside those girls who are obviously Charlemagne's favorite schtoopers. Backs are a bit pink, but no blood and no one's being picked at, either. Right now their favorite is a tray that I had dumped a bunch of used soil in and then it got rained in, so it's overflowing. The chick's spending a lot of time in and around it. In fact, the chick is pretty much completely integrated into the flock, dashes under all the hens to snatch tidbits, but mostly hangs out with Guini still cuz she feeds it. It looks a lot more long-legged than whoever the momma was did when she was a chick.

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

Did you kill it...?
I have a model that the manufacturer has a heating element for, and then we insulate the supply lines and frankly, I love it and how much water it saves just by not getting full of chicken shit. I do also offer other various choices of water sources, from rainwater I collect in trays, to pro-biotic treated, to the water I have up on the porch, to the constant-flow nipple waterer, kind of like I do with stuff like the oyster shell flour and feed--I'm trusting them to eat what they actually need. So far so good, they're happy and healthy outside those girls who are obviously Charlemagne's favorite schtoopers. Backs are a bit pink, but no blood and no one's being picked at, either. Right now their favorite is a tray that I had dumped a bunch of used soil in and then it got rained in, so it's overflowing. The chick's spending a lot of time in and around it. In fact, the chick is pretty much completely integrated into the flock, dashes under all the hens to snatch tidbits, but mostly hangs out with Guini still cuz she feeds it. It looks a lot more long-legged than whoever the momma was did when she was a chick.

ABSOLUTELY NOT! Turned her lose in a drainage washout as with the others. In my younger days they all would be in an aquarium as my new pets. I grew up in TX woodlands..always coming home with snakes. Then it was cottonmouth, copperheads, and rattlers. My mom loved it...

Latest posts

Top Bottom