2015 Denver Cup

• Thread starter FlyinJStable
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
muir

muir

bring a rain coat/shell for the city and boots if you plan on getting into the mountains. The computer models are all over the place on the upslope storm. Nobody knows at this point what the area will get for pricip.

420circuit

420circuit

Yep, welcome to Colorado, "if you don't like the weather, just wait 15 minutes." I have an insulated windbreaker jacket (with a hood) that gets more use than any other because it might be 30 and snowing in the morning and sunny 60 in the afternoon. Last year we had similar weather, chilly morning, but standing in line wasn't bad because it didn't rain until afternoon and even then it wasn't too bad, I walked almost a mile to the parking lot along a busy road with no sidewalk because the shuttle was nowhere to be found, but it was fine, just an annoyance.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
If it is anything like last year your best bet is to buy all you can on the first day, most seed guys were real cheap day one even the first couple hours of day one..as they started to run low on seeds, the price shot up to what you would pay anyways from other distributors...first couple hours was $35 for 10 but the last day was more like $150 for 10 if they even had any at all....only a couple cats have their own dedicated booth, most are in a collective booth or like Seedsman which repped probably 20+ breeders in the one booth..MTG, Exotic, BOG, Sin City all had there own booth I believe..Topdawg, 303, OG Kushman, and a couple more shared a booth...I think Feno seeds has a booth again with a few different breeders in it...alot of extraction equipment represented, maybe 20 booths worth of just closed loop BHO systems.

Eat before you go or bring a sandwich or something because the food scene sucks, hour long lines inside and if your leave to go across the street to Taco Johns or Wendy's you might spend a couple hours in line...also if your from out of town and are not used to the altitude out here in Denver be cautious it will kick your ass. If you try and take every dab you can and smoke every sample offered to ya by your buds, your going to fall out...I promise you it will not be an enjoyable time at all...so if you drink all night with us at Shotguns you might not even make it out of bed the next day for the cup..alcohol kicks ya in the sack out here if your not ready for it...Mile High is no joke

Ahhhh a little T N A action I see @Texas Kid . I've heard good stuff bout Shotgun Willies.

How will the Cactusman find you? I'll start looking up front stage at "drip pan alley" and work my way back from there. Would love to hang with you a bit. peace and thanks for your tipz on Denvers altitude.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

So I have an E mail from DenverMart and It stated the Booth (Vendors) Map will be out sometime this week?
IMHO its at the Printers and they cant release the image till its printed and available to general public.
I promise that If I find a Key Layout of the Booths before Friday I will post it.
Have fun Farmers.

llamabox

llamabox

Ahhhh a little T N A action I see @Texas Kid . I've heard good stuff bout Shotgun Willies.

How will the Cactusman find you? I'll start looking up front stage at "drip pan alley" and work my way back from there. Would love to hang with you a bit. peace and thanks for your tipz on Denvers altitude.

Cannarado has a VIP section roped off for us at the club. And you chat with most folks outside at the smoke circles.

Werunwild69

Werunwild69

Cannarado has a VIP section roped off for us at the club. And you chat with most folks outside at the smoke circles.
@llamabox who would be priviliged to be in the VIP that is roped off for "us"? Is this by" invitation only"?

MEGA956

MEGA956

//Dam, my homie just cancelled on me, guess I'm hitting the road by myself. Hope to meet some farmers there, hang out and stuff.

420circuit

420circuit

What is this crap about seed sales being screwed with? Saw a comment from a local dispensary grower that his shop got a warning about selling seeds, basically that he had better not...
Wtf

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice! thanks for sharing that. :D I have a feeling I am going to be totally lost........

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Lets be VERY VERY clear about something before this gets out of hand
Colorado thrives, around the Canna Industry The city Would not want one of the biggest events they hold getting harassed
By anyone.
Most importantly the event has its own securities and is a Rented Venue,
Is this how we need to come off I for one am going to the CUP April, 18-21 2015 To
HAVE A GREAT TIME AND SPEND MONEY On Everything.

Personally I don't think it would be in HT best interest to have vendors harassed by law enforcement, it would have big repercussion for future events. Plus if we let rumors dictate our actions we would all still be growing in a closet somewhere.
Its All good
Its what We choose to focus on that will Make it Great...
SO unless you are 100% certain you know for fact, Its simply a rumor and that is just Bad business.
See you at the Cup
FlyJ

Werunwild69

Werunwild69

Will be in for the celebration this Friday. Staying at the Hilton Garden Inn at 14th. St. and Welton St. Are their any other farmers following this thread staying there?

MEGA956

MEGA956

//Just heard no free samples of bud will be offered at the cup by any vendor, no dabs no chocolate fountain no pot sandwiches nothing cannabis infused basically. I thought that was the whole point of a "Cannabis Cup" don't know if it was worth the price of the ticket I paid.

Denver is done I guess. I'm down to go to Seattle next year for a cup over there.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
I think you misunderstand...

Licensed cannabis businesses are not allowed to participate in the transaction of sampling or giving marijuana away at events like the Cup,” said Rhett Jordan, founding partner at the Native Roots chain of pot shops, interpreting an April 3 bulletin from Colorado’s Marijuana Enforcement Division. “It’s going to be a little tricky … In the past, (businesses giving away cannabis) were definitely the main reason people came to the Cup, to experience the cannabis community in one place at one time and to try all your favorite companies and favorite strains for free under one roof.”

Plenty of out of state businesses not regulated by the CO market still seem to be able to offer seeds and samples. No where has there been any official confirmation that out of state vendors will face similar restrictions

Last edited:
S

Scaldutchman

A couple stacks doesn't go far so get ready and pace yourself.....elite cuts blow compared to seeds, there are possibly 10 elites in every ten pack plus you know what they actually are because you get then strait from the breeder and not some hack renaming everything out there and passing it off as elite..
Hey brthr, sorry I'm just getting back to you, just saw your msg. Yrs I totally hear ya,I got my eyes on a few flavz I want to check out and see if it really lives up to its name, that's what I loved about the SBD cup is that you could actually check out finishes flowers of the good phenos to keep a eye out for, versus just grabbing packs online

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Where their is a will there is a way.

the fun is still the gathering of the like minded who are present

Sounds like a lot of attendee sharing is going to be the NORM

Still sending my support and Good Vibes to what I believe

IT will still be
the biggest 420 to date

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Oh boy what a bummer for you guys! The city wants you to stop by one of the local rec dispos and unload your pockets on taxed weed instead of sucking up free dabs! Way to go Denver!:D

Top Bottom