2015 Denver Cup

• Thread starter FlyinJStable
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UCMETOO

UCMETOO

I must be old, it takes me longer to type '2 b' than it does to type 'to be' but i digress. Does not appear be good news.

http://www.westword.com/news/mariju...cks-down-on-cannabis-cup-dispensaries-6650491

Businesses planning to give out free product or even just show their buds at the now-annual High Times Cannabis Cup had better think twice, according to a memo issued earlier this month by the Colorado Department of Revenue.

The memo says any shop that displays or gives out bud at the three-day convention could face criminal sanctions from the state. “Your facility must be operated strictly within the law set forth by the Colorado Constitution, Colorado Revised Statutes and the Colorado Code of Regulations,” the department reminds business owners.

After receiving several letters from dispensaries seeking clarification, the department realized it needed to make its position clear, according to the memo signed by Marijuana Enforcement Division head Lewis Koski. “Statute clearly mandates that marijuana produced within the regulated system must remain in the closed system (and only transported between MED licensed premise) until final sale to a patient or customer, and may not be consumed within any licensed premises.”

In short: Since the Cannabis Cup isn’t a state-legal recreational dispensary, you can’t display your pot there. And the state is tightening all the loopholes, too. “Medical or retail marijuana licensee owners or employees should not use personally purchased flower or product as a means to avoid the intent of the statute and regulation prohibiting off-premises display or sale of marijuana,” the memo continues, pointing out that an often-ignored state law prohibits anyone from buying, reselling or “acquiring” medical or retail cannabis products purchased from a dispensary.

In the memo, Koski suggests that any dispensary still wanting to participate at the Cannabis Cup by handing out fliers or coupons relocate itself outside of the public-consumption area to avoid “any participation in which the licensee might appear to be facilitating potentially illegal conduct.”

Past events have seen dispensaries displaying whole plants at the Cannabis Cup, as well as dispensaries offering up free dabs or hits of herb at their booths. And over the past few weeks, several dispensary owners have taken to Facebook to express their frustration with Koski’s memo, noting that they paid thousands for their booth spots at the Cannabis Cup and thousands more preparing massive displays.

High Times reps have said the Cup and competition will still go on as planned.

Read the entire warning at the state MED site.

Hey bigworm, do you always beef with people that give you the heads up? just want you all to be aware and safe, and have a great time. Some of us live here and see where Denver is going and has been going for a while,......PEACE!

As i understand the scene IG does not make the rules, influence the rules or enforce them so that makes it just an opinion that it will be "OK"

I'd rather tell you to be careful and end up wrong than not say anything and watch you go down! Just to let you guys from out of town know Denver just shut down over 50 warehouse grows for "MEDICAL PATIENTS" and "CAREGIVERS" and those folks have State constitutionally guaranteed rights,...visitiors from out of state on the other hand do not.
i say be prepared for the worst and enjoy it when it does not go that way, otherwise you end up needing shit like bail money in a pinch and that just SUCKS!

Last edited:
UCMETOO

UCMETOO

//Four hours into the trip... Should be there by midnight Colorado time. Sneaked a gram through the checkpoint lol see you guys there!

Hey Mega where was that checkpoint? might as well tell the guy behind you on the highway too!

lollipopman

lollipopman

Well the wife said tna so have fun, stay safe see y'all tomorrow

420circuit

420circuit

OK, I went to the venue today to pre-register, to pick up VIP stuff, wrist bands and concert tickets and saw some cops harassing a couple guys with out of state plates (TX). There were a few unmarked cop cars, 2 uniforms and a skinny hispanic guy with a star on his belt yelling at people. There was a group of a few dozen people smoking around picnic tables near the entrance and they were being pretty much ignored, but they guys in the car were in for it. I left immediately, but be warned, there are a bunch of federal looking asshats, probably sore losers, out for revenge. We legalized cannabis here and their entire careers are being discounted as the country wakes up, so it is natural that they will act out. Problem is, it may be illegal for them to do this, since Congress passed the budget that includes an amendment to restrict federal spending for drug enforcement in states where it is legal. Be aware of the rules and be careful, there be dicks about. It is still possible to have a good time, just don't plan on transacting pounds in the parking lot, that's where this shit was happening. I got in and out today without any issues, no search or even a smell check. If i understand it correctly, anyone 21 or older can carry up to an ounce, but you can't sell or buy except from a shop. I think the guys being hassled were involved in something larger, or it could be the cops were just looking to exercise their authority. Be smart. I intend to smoke many many joints with complete strangers tomorrow and will be sharing my best smoke with anyone who would like. This is free country and here in CO we have legalized cannabis, which actually works is we stay within the rules that are constantly being dicked with by the asshats at the state office. Sorry, little upset by seeing cops in the parking lot at the Cup. High Times should require them to identify themselves by wearing sillt costumes. Oh, some of them already do that.
Cart

HairyRoots

HairyRoots

I don't think it's gonna be an issue. Maybe not as many dabs as last year but they can't hold us down. The dispensaries have spent too much money to not bring there product in and share it. I think they will harass those that are being ignorant and drawin attention to themselves. Have fun be safe and get high!!!! Don't give them a reason to fuck with you.

llamabox

llamabox

Shotgun's was great as always. Sadly the local pigs had a presence off and on all night so no smoke circles outside this year. It was half as crowded this year and of course Cannarado is makes a great host so we enjoyed it a ton. Good to see everyone again FunkMonk, Curby, Motive303, Kendog, Jj at Top Dawg, the Og Raskal crew, Terra Rojo and all the others I lost in the shuffle.

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

You guys give them HELL,.....! Remember this is how we have been doing this for decades, keep your wits about you and look before you leap- and remember you don't need approval to have FUN!!!

Sorry to say i'll miss you guys today, got a chance to ski freshies up here in VAIL ( this time of year you gotta pick your poison ) so i chose first chair, 3rd actually, and DEATHSTAR-HEADBAND cones standing in the fallng snow over Rain/Snow slush standing in line.......... I hope you enjoy your choice too!!!!

Sometimes it SUCKS to be right, i hope i'm at least a little bit wrong too, so you can all get your 'STONE' on propper!

Last edited:
A

A-Roe

@FlyinJStable grab the boy a pack of whitefire if ya can I gotcha, saw OG Raskal on IG with them packed up and ready to go at the cup.

HairyRoots

HairyRoots

So many good and new genetics available, the "plan" I had to get specific gear didn't go as planned at all lol.
A new to me seed company is Gage Green Genetics. Is there anyone here that is familiar with there work. Talked to the main guy, the legend, as one of his booth buddies referred to him as. He was telling me about his Daybreaker (Chemdog D x Joseph Og). He said it was tested at 29% and the flavor is incredible. A very difficult strain to grow, he said she will throw beans at you if your environment is not perfect. Sounds like one of those difficult but very rewarding strains. Grabbed me a pack, now just wanting a back story on the genetics. Also got Nightmare Cookies and Tangerine Power from Sin City. Very impressed with there stock.

Lastly I chatted with Jill from tga subcool seeds creator of jillybean. She talked me into the Space Bomb. She said its pretty much the only thing she's smokin on right now.

Hope everyone else had/has as much fun as I did. Good to be around so many other like minded people.

420circuit

420circuit

We had a GREAT time at the Cup today. No complaints, tons of seeds, excellent staff taking care of the crowds, great vibe among the crowd, too much to take in in one day, going back tomorrow. Throwing down a challenge to local growers, I donated an ounce of prime buds to the Weed4WarriorsProject folks today and will do it again tomorrow because I believe in what they are doing, using cannabis to heal the people returning from their military service. Sativa seems to help with PTSD, so the very least I can do is give them some since they went and did something to help me. Saw Loompa at their booth and he told me to help them out instead of contributing to him after he handed me a pack of Silver Bubster. I will be back tomorrow and will give them another jar, but want to credit Loompa for giving me a little push to do the right thing. There are a lot of seed vendors at the Cup and I didn't see any problems, just a lot of excellent genetics. People were smoking almost everywhere, I toked a doobie in front of a no smoking sign, which I didn't notice until it made me chuckle. Weather was great, but the beautiful women in skimpy outfits were a little chilly, which is a different conversation. I can wholeheartedly recommend going to the Cup this year, today was amazing.:D If you smoked one of the many joints I handed out, post up your impression. What a great day.:D

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

We had a great time today, the bog booth was the only one I recognized so I grabbed some sour bubble. Hopefully find more tomorrow. Definitely a lot to take in. Wish I had more weed I'd love to help out the weed 4 warriors. I got a buddy that gets my donations directly though ;) phone don't work for shit in there, but would like to toke with some farmers tomorrow!

Top Bottom