2015 Denver Cup

• Thread starter FlyinJStable
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420circuit

420circuit

Dropped another ounce of primo buds at the Weed4Warriors booth near the VIP lounge area/Raw tent and saw Oom pah pah, he was chatting with other seed breeders and honestly it was a little like watching a meeting of wizards. Can't wait to see what these guys come up with next. They seemed to agree about the OG BioWar stuff, spoke with several people who use it. Most of the seed sellers were over toward the corner by the loud outdoor stage, toward the train tracks. They have maps at the entrance, but cruising that outdoor area you will find lots.

Lot of enails on display, many offering dabs, same with vape pens. Much easier getting around today, crowds thinned out a bit, but still a lot of people.

Saw the CNN uplink truck in the rec area, one of the camera operators asked for my contact info to give to Dr. Gupta, might get interviewed. If I see him will suggest he stop by the Weed4Warriors tent to meet some of the vets who self treat their various issues. Spoke with one of the Stanleys at the Realm of Caring tent and left with the impression that here is a good person who is going to change the landscape of cannabis as medicine. He explained why they cannot share their work with other shops or even individuals, it is about them making enough money to grow the operation and support the people who come to the ROC. The Stanley's pay about 95% of the bills for ROC and support a lot of people's cannabis oil needs. They are not being assholes by keeping their genetics in house, they are running a large operation that must make a profit to survive so they can continue their work producing and developing cannabis oil medicine. before putting them down you should look into their operation more closely. I mention this because of all the hate posts directed toward them. It is uncalled for.

Second day at the Cup was nice, saw lots of tired looking people walking around puffing away. I do not think the smell can ever be removed from my clothing.:D

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

Dropped another ounce of primo buds at the Weed4Warriors booth near the VIP lounge area/Raw tent and saw Oom pah pah, he was chatting with other seed breeders and honestly it was a little like watching a meeting of wizards. Can't wait to see what these guys come up with next. They seemed to agree about the OG BioWar stuff, spoke with several people who use it. Most of the seed sellers were over toward the corner by the loud outdoor stage, toward the train tracks. They have maps at the entrance, but cruising that outdoor area you will find lots.

Lot of enails on display, many offering dabs, same with vape pens. Much easier getting around today, crowds thinned out a bit, but still a lot of people.

Saw the CNN uplink truck in the rec area, one of the camera operators asked for my contact info to give to Dr. Gupta, might get interviewed. If I see him will suggest he stop by the Weed4Warriors tent to meet some of the vets who self treat their various issues. Spoke with one of the Stanleys at the Realm of Caring tent and left with the impression that here is a good person who is going to change the landscape of cannabis as medicine. He explained why they cannot share their work with other shops or even individuals, it is about them making enough money to grow the operation and support the people who come to the ROC. The Stanley's pay about 95% of the bills for ROC and support a lot of people's cannabis oil needs. They are not being assholes by keeping their genetics in house, they are running a large operation that must make a profit to survive so they can continue their work producing and developing cannabis oil medicine. before putting them down you should look into their operation more closely. I mention this because of all the hate posts directed toward them. It is uncalled for.

Second day at the Cup was nice, saw lots of tired looking people walking around puffing away. I do not think the smell can ever be removed from my clothing.:D

No hate for the Stanleys' but they did just happen to 'end up with' that "WEB" and not breed it, but you know this if your paying attention. and i'm sorry to say they are notorious for not 'sharing' outside of the brotherhood. Glad you had a great time,.....

starr

starr

Cup was fun got all kinds of goodies met a bunch of nice people was very chill sadly my group of friends that came up fell out early did alot of babysitting and waking people up. Then we hit the bars. It was very exciting sitting across the table from a bunch of stuffed animals. Lmao. Watching my friends from the coast drink at 9000ft was hilarious two drinks and they were swaying and slurring.

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

Cup was fun got all kinds of goodies met a bunch of nice people was very chill sadly my group of friends that came up fell out early did alot of babysitting and waking people up. Then we hit the bars. It was very exciting sitting across the table from a bunch of stuffed animals. Lmao. Watching my friends from the coast drink at 9000ft was hilarious two drinks and they were swaying and slurring.

I just love that drive to the airport, and the conversations about how we 'do this every day' and twice on SUNDAY! LMFAO at the 'stuffed animals'!

Oom pah pah

Oom pah pah

Loompa Farms
There is no place for Hate in any growers heart or mind. If you don't like something lead by example and show the world how you believe it should be done. It was a pleasure chatting with like minded intelligent people as always. Too many to list is a good thing. I'm going to make the rounds today and say High.

420circuit

420circuit

The Cup was awesome because it allowed like minded people to come together around a common cause. All I saw was smiling people, some looked like they were pretty much amazed at what is happening with the movement toward legalization. i didn't see any problems with the cops, except during the pre-registration on Friday. Downtown Denver had cops writing tickets, but I did not see any of that crap at the Cup. Just a great time had by all. i tried to vote yesterday but the system was broken, hopefully they got enough votes for people's choice to be somewhat accurate. The seed breeders are genuine pioneers in this area, after meeting quite a few I feel that the state of the art is in good hands. We are all in for some excellent genetics.:D

I sat for some of Rare Dankness guys discussion and heard him say $400 pounds are being contracted by the giant warehouse people, so someone inside the business is seeing numbers that will require an adjustment to some business plans. Was a pleasure to see and hear thoughts from many of the great cannabis experts. Rock on!

GreenintheThumb

GreenintheThumb

Right now the recreational tax on a pound is 15% and based on an aggregate of the entire community. The MED asked what everyone sold and bought wholesale at last year and then they tax THAT number for the year. It doesn't matter if you sell a $100 pound or a $3000 pound. You're taxed as if it was $1750. So I don't see $400 pounds with more than $250 being tax anytime soon. I keep hearing about the fear of $400-600 pounds from these greenhouses but the cost of compliance with state regulation makes me think it's unlikely for many many years. We'll see...

MEGA956

MEGA956

//Top Dawgs booth was one of my favorites! Tried one of the cookies cross, tasty as fuck! Green Thumb Dannys booth was packed!!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
ROC is a cash cow, the Stanley's are not paying the bills, not even close, more like families of sick kids are..all should do a little more research on that whole hustle...Web is R4 badseed from Greenwerks and is not even the best CBD producing strain available these days....Plus CBD oil is 50 state legal, no need to move kids and families to Colorado and pay out the ass to get something you can get at the health food stores or off Amazon that is cleaner and more consistant..don't believe the Stanley hype, ROC is giving nothing away.

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
ROC is a cash cow, the Stanley's are not paying the bills, not even close, more like families of sick kids are..all should do a little more research on that whole hustle...Web is R4 badseed from Greenwerks and is not even the best CBD producing strain available these days....Plus CBD oil is 50 state legal, no need to move kids and families to Colorado and pay out the ass to get something you can get at the health food stores or off Amazon that is cleaner and more consistant..don't believe the Stanley hype, ROC is giving nothing away.

Cash cow is right. The fact that they line their coffers from families of sick kids is what gets me ticked especially since I suffer epilepsy from a 2008 head injury. To think the people who do provide good cbd medicine to needy patients at little to no cost; you don't really hear about them. It's not easy for me even to be on a cbd regiment unless I am growing and making my own capsules to take twice a day. It can be expensive to keep that up if you have to get it from a storefront. All boils down to making a big cash profit and looking like a hero for the press at the same time...

But yeah, I hope you all had a great 420 and a blast at the cup. :) :)

420circuit

420circuit

Hey TK, when I saw their booth I was surprised how little traffic was around it, I even hung out quite a bit at the booth across the way, the Weed4Warriors, and could see the situation. My feeling is probably similar to yours in that they should join the movement by sharing genetics, cuts, process details and general discoveries about the medical application of cannabis oil. So, not being the shy type, I walked up to Josh Stanley and asked him if he had a minute to talk about the plant, making oil and dosage, and he said sure, and we had a very informative and thoughtful chat. Before I asked about sharing the plant he spoke up and said they they will not be sharing cuts or seeds of CW, so to please not ask. So I asked about R4, R14er and the leaf variegation and he confirmed that it looks like the same basic plant. I asked if the test results from Steep Hill posted on a dispensary website looked like the same results he was getting and he said yes, that's very close, but that they are working to improve the numbers currently. 21% CBD and .9% THC is what that test shows. Regarding dosing, he confirmed that what I have seen elsewhere is the best guess amount, for an adult fighting disease, probably 500mg of CBD oil and 200mg of THC oil daily, but there are a lot of variables, like how the oil is made and such, so we really don't know, this is just a best guess.

Regarding their business model, sometimes you gotta listen to someone who has a different vision that yours, even when it kind of pisses you off at first look. The guy I spoke with is clearly on a mission to save the lives of a lot of sick kids by making an effective medicine. He looked me in the eye and said that he pays 95% of ROC's bills (the other 5% is from donations) and both sells and gives away oil to people who need it. They are doing their level best to help these people and to accomplish that mission they have a roadmap that involves a lot more stuff than we can see with a quick look. They are building a machine that requires everything to work, the business has to survive, the legal crap has to be paid for and worked around and then there are all the technical challenges in making, testing and processing. They are looking long term. I can see that it is not just a money machine with them. Really.

If it was me or you running it, we would go open source and share our research and plants with the world. I don't know why they are not doing that, but after meeting and listening, I trust that they are doing this in the way that will ensure that the oil gets to the people who need it most. My guess is that they are looking to be able to go huge, like McDonalds scale, and that would require that they keep the tent flaps closed while working on their technical stuff.

Let's see what they do. Anyone can get the same plant that they started with and make their own version of the oil. I asked about any remarkable cures recently and he told me about a terminal leukemia patient who seems to be either cured or in remission and what I knew from his story was that he is clearly investing himself into this project, he thinks that he may have helped his friend to continue living. My notion of their enterprise has done a 180 after our brief meeting. What I can report from my encounter is that these people are smart and driven to make the medicine available. There is no room for hate in this affair, just because they don't give away their research or genetics does not make them bad. Let's be patient and see what they come up with. I expect that we will all benefit from their work.

420circuit

420circuit

My friend called me an ass kisser for "siding" with the Stanleys. He could not be more wrong. If you had been standing there while Josh Stanley explained what they are doing, you would come away with the same impression, that these are good people with a good vision and that they are on a mission. And no, it is not just about money, but they need to make money to get this thing built. If you have a better way, please go for it, build something to compete with them, competition encourages us to reach farther and run faster. But for us to cast stones at these guys is wrong.

I saw hundreds of people doing their best gangster impressions at the Cup and am wondering how someone could hate on the Stanleys but not notice the money games being played in the rest of the canna industry. I don't care what anyone does with their plants or how they play the money game, it is of no concern to me as long as I don't get hit by a stray bullet. As we move toward legalization the money will be less of a factor, the price is clearly coming down with increasing supplies being grown. That discussion in the seminar where $400 pounds being contracted by huge warehouse grows is a signal that big changes are coming.

Regarding the funky R14er plant, I chatted with a serious grower about it and he has an idea about using aspirin in the cloner that may help. I am going to try it to see if the plant can be improved, but I am not expert, just a guy trying to survive by making the most effective cannabis oil. Wish me luck and lets move forward together.:D

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

my impression of the stanleys....they are not sharing for one reason...they are hoping that when it comes fully 100% legal across the board, they will have a foot in advantage over everyone else....no different than a tech company keeping their research private, in fear that the competition may catch up....but my experience tells me they are setting themselves up for future failure...their model puts them vs everyone else...and once it would become legal across the board, the stanleys will fall behind...

btw, anyone with that much to write about the stanleys and sticking up for them, is either a close friend, or a stanley themself lol....in fact, the second message sounds like your trying to distance yourself from possibly being pointed as a stanley ;)

420circuit

420circuit

I go with facts and try to ignore the herd mentality. Life is too short to be hating without a legit reason. There is zero reason to hate on these guys and most of what you see in the forums is not accurate. Let me know if you want a cut of the R14er. It is an ugly ducking and you won't want to smoke it, but the oil makes a high CBD edible that may have some important medical applications. I expect to be attacked for posting something that goes against the herd thinking, but do not care because the real facts should be brought up, instead of impressions and opinions. Go ahead and make some CBD oil for a child who is suffering and then weigh in on this. Until then, let's see what they come up with. I am scared shitless at the thought of giving the oil I make to someone else, what if it hurts them or doesn't help as much as something else? The Stanleys are working this problem, probably better than anyone else at the moment. Nothing to hate about. We were wrong.

420circuit

420circuit

I do not have a dog in this fight. I am an old guy who had a brain tumor removed a few years ago and am growing and making oil to prevent it from growing back. I have no relationship with the Stanleys other than a few minute conversation at the Cup. Go ahead and attack me for sharing what I have learned. I could give a fuck.

420circuit

420circuit

Sorry to be testy, it was long weekend. I am man enough to stand up and tell the truth and to admit when I'm wrong.

Latest posts

Top Bottom