220 plants in a bonsai wheel

• Thread starter SYROUS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BipolarHiRoller

I've seen these things go for cheaper than I would think they cost in my area on C-list, hope to see things go smoothly for you and maybe I can consider getting one, they look so efficient.

MarijuanaBaybee

MarijuanaBaybee

damm dude that crayzee never herd or seen one of these things loooks really interesting to me. you can resize the pics with this program man hope this helps keep up the work and im defently down to see how these turn out goood luck
http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

this is your first run with it?
i REALLY want to know the honest all the way dry weight you harvest (nothing personal but there always seems to be real weight and 'internet' reported weight lol.

the reason why is that's a shitload of work getting ad prepping 220 plants and transplanting all those damn things. if these systems dont blow out over 1gpw i dont think i would even want one. granted it should be all top quality smoke being that it's all colas and also a sog using all the light without reflecting it.

also how many sq ft of space does this system take up? was also thinking a benefit may be how much floor space it does not use.

Tsunami Rose

Tsunami Rose

Woooow., who ever would have thought. So I have questions.
How do you feed? Maybe thats really dumb, but i feel like water would get everywhere.
How fast does it rotate?
Are you having any problems w/ PM since it seems to be very dense in there.
Do you do any green cleaning?

Sick ass set up tho, Im definitely going to do more research on this style of growing.

JH420

JH420

i REALLY want to know the honest all the way dry weight you harvest (nothing personal but there always seems to be real weight and 'internet' reported weight lol.

the reason why is that's a shitload of work getting ad prepping 220 plants and transplanting all those damn things. if these systems dont blow out over 1gpw i dont think i would even want one. granted it should be all top quality smoke being that it's all colas and also a sog using all the light without reflecting it.

also how many sq ft of space does this system take up? was also thinking a benefit may be how much floor space it does not use.

Yeah I'm really curious to hear what she yeilds too. Personally, the plant numbers are way too high for me. I might be too fried at the moment but I don't really see a point in this thing turning around, cosidering the vert light in there and all wouldn't the plants get hit with the same light no matter where they are in the wheel? This thing prolly needs to hit at minimum 1.5 gpw to make it worth the extra costs, plant #'s, workload, more mother plants etc...

But ya gotta love the lights coverage on these plants though.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
the wheel turns becasue thats how they are fed - the cubes dip into a tray as they come around the bottom

S

SYROUS

its my second run ,second hydro gro , the first run i was clueless 110 plants bout 70-80 were this durban garbage i had that went all hermie i never weighed but there was a garbage bag packed it was frosty ,purple and pretty just seeded went to hash ,good fuckin hash though,the rest was a skunk kush that turned out fantastic ,i didnt veg at all and had never used rockwool and got just under 3/4 of a lb of turbo ,no lie ,This round im smashing it im thinking 14g average per plant some more tonight im gonna clean and spray for bugs(maintenance none there) ill take some pics of a few trays out of the wheel its pretty sweet ,and its not that much work ,transplant once and thats it,2 trays of clones easy to take care of ,mothers easy to take care of, approx 20ft square floor

S

SYROUS

Woooow., who ever would have thought. So I have questions.
How do you feed? Maybe thats really dumb, but i feel like water would get everywhere.
How fast does it rotate?
Are you having any problems w/ PM since it seems to be very dense in there.
Do you do any green cleaning?

Sick ass set up tho, Im definitely going to do more research on this style of growing.

yeah the wheel turns theres a flood table at the bottom ,1hr/rotation,theres trays at the side that collect any dripping and send it back to the table ,its very ,very clean and simple to operate,chain drivin, ive hacked the bottom third and it is dense but i put fans to blow up threw th bottom of plants as well as trew the wheel my fingers are crossed though,and thats the joy of the rotating lots of air flo from every angle

S

SYROUS

Yeah I'm really curious to hear what she yeilds too. Personally, the plant numbers are way too high for me. I might be too fried at the moment but I don't really see a point in this thing turning around, cosidering the vert light in there and all wouldn't the plants get hit with the same light no matter where they are in the wheel? This thing prolly needs to hit at minimum 1.5 gpw to make it worth the extra costs, plant #'s, workload, more mother plants etc...

But ya gotta love the lights coverage on these plants though.

im confident i will destroy the 1g/watt if i chopped now id be close and i have four-five weeks left,and yes they would get hit with light no matter what but the movement allows every leaf to get hit from every angle,just like those sun spinners and light movers,check the growco website ,its not just novelty ,not much extra costs 220 3" cubes and nutes ,once your set up but if i can get 4-5lbs every 2 months with 1400w its worth every sent and minute spent

JH420

JH420

im confident i will destroy the 1g/watt if i chopped now id be close and i have four-five weeks left,and yes they would get hit with light no matter what but the movement allows every leaf to get hit from every angle,just like those sun spinners and light movers,check the growco website ,its not just novelty ,not much extra costs 220 3" cubes and nutes ,once your set up but if i can get 4-5lbs every 2 months with 1400w its worth every sent and minute spent

So 5 bows would give ya 1.6 gpw...with zero veg time that is impressive. By extra cost I was referring to the wheel itself, I think you said around 4k. I do love the concept, don't get me wrong...

B

Bobby Smith

The benefit of the spinning wheel is that weed is both a phototropic and gravitropic plant; that means that it grows towards light and against gravity.

That being said, the gravitropic aspect of the plant's growth is stronger than the phototropic - that's why a plant will grow vertically even when the light is even with or below the plant.

Since the gravity is always changing (and the plants are constantly trying to grow against gravity), the stems of plants in these wheels get ginormously large (for 1.5' plants) which allows them to hold mucho mas buds than a comparably sized plant which is not rotated.

Sick setup man, I'm jealous and rooting for you to hit 2GPW :)

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
this is the first wheel setup outside the volksgarden I have seen - yours is the monster truck version apparently - looks awesome to me

hoping you got your pic issues sorted

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
nice setup, want to see buds twirling around :bong hit:

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I always thought those things were cool. Growco I know the owner real well since before the store. Great guy a little pricey on some stuff.

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

Damn thats cool I wanna see more pictures.. ya only thing limiting for a lot of guys is the initial cost.

G

GASNINJA

My boy gave me an omega a year ago n ive been meaning to knock the dust off it and get it spinnin. But ive been a little intimidated
got any advice i was thinking for the first run not fillin it up all the way space out the plants a little more. N usin bush master to keep em short

S

SYROUS

My boy gave me an omega a year ago n ive been meaning to knock the dust off it and get it spinnin. But ive been a little intimidated
got any advice i was thinking for the first run not fillin it up all the way space out the plants a little more. N usin bush master to keep em short

go for it bro,yeah i was asking in another forum if i should beast em/bushmaster but i left them all good so far,and fill it thats what makes it worth while,i wanted to go perpetual harvest half every month but that conflicts with my feeding,the trays are built for 10 plants i put 11 ,i do have four fans blowing from every direction though its gettin tight,but as long as you rotate with lights on it works out

Top Bottom