24-48 Hours of dark before harvest ??

• Thread starter Bruno
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kfuller802vt

just choped her down. i try to cut as far down as i xan but cant hang the whole plant because of the metal scrog
8F27CD62 0604 45D3 9593 F39507DC3474

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

cuz it looks like shit and i was reading the post, i gave mine 48 of darkness and just chopped her at 10/85/5
So to shit on someone else hard work and brag about yours... Kk got it. Not very cool in my books man. People work hard on thier grows and I can't speak for the rest of the people here or the mods/owner but I'm here to gain knowledge and support others not rip em down to make myself look good. It's that kinda post that's going to deter people from making posts and being proud of what they have accomplished. IME bag appeal is bullshit and has nothing to do with quality. Some strains are airy, compact, various colors etc. Bag appeal while nice is last on my list of quality. I'm not trying to be a dick just point out that it really doesn't help the community to shit on ppls hard work

K

kfuller802vt

So to shit on someone else hard work and brag about yours... Kk got it. Not very cool in my books man. People work hard on thier grows and I can't speak for the rest of the people here or the mods/owner but I'm here to gain knowledge and support others not rip em down to make myself look good. It's that kinda post that's going to deter people from making posts and being proud of what they have accomplished. IME bag appeal is bullshit and has nothing to do with quality. Some strains are airy, compact, various colors etc. Bag appeal while nice is last on my list of quality. I'm not trying to be a dick just point out that it really doesn't help the community to shit on ppls hard work

the bud looks like shit what should i have said instead, hey great looking premature bud bro better luck next time

K

kfuller802vt

lots of people also browse a few internet forums and dont care that much about it either, how do you know that the picture wasnt to troll to begin with. how do you know “he put alot of hard work” into the plant, he obviously didnt put that much work into it if he picked a bud with the pistils sticking straight out of the flower lmao

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

the bud looks like shit what should i have said instead, hey great looking premature bud bro better luck next time
Well i can tell we grew up in different era's. I have no problem telling someone they may be doing something wrong if its going to benefit them. Not just shit on it to make myself look better. No point having a discussion over it because its pretty obvious where your mindset is. Pretty obvious every thread/post you make is some how what i call humble braggin and looking for approval. Then shit on someone else just to be able to post you pics to brag. Good day

AintFree

AintFree

This last page was pretty amusing. I like seeing trolls get owned. Also, Aqua Man, the generational comment is a perfect explanation of millennial bullshit. They want props for anything they do (their participation ribbons and all) and will insult and disagree all the way to their grave just to be the center of attention. Talk about hypocrisy. They bitch about being bullied then be a bully in the long run. The way I was raised, we got bullied, got bigger, and tougher, then stomped a mudhole in the bully's ass then continued on our way without any more problems with that bully. Back to the thread topic. I do 72 hours at the end before I cut like a lot of people do. The reason I do it is because it seems to stop the production of chlorophyll earlier than just chopping and hanging in the dark. I've noticed higher resin content than plants I don't do it with. My guess is that the plants fight response is telling it to get stickier to try to get pollen to reproduce before it's too late. Just nature being nature. I use the technique and find it to be quite useful for a smoother and more aromatic flower and smoke. I've also noticed the flavor profiles are more prevalent on the girls I finish that way. Everything GOOD genetic really does have it's own taste and odor when attention is focused on making that a top priority instead of weight. I'll take small grow over commercial cannabis any day.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

This last page was pretty amusing. I like seeing trolls get owned. Also, Aqua Man, the generational comment is a perfect explanation of millennial bullshit. They want props for anything they do (their participation ribbons and all) and will insult and disagree all the way to their grave just to be the center of attention. Talk about hypocrisy. They bitch about being bullied then be a bully in the long run. The way I was raised, we got bullied, got bigger, and tougher, then stomped a mudhole in the bully's ass then continued on our way without any more problems with that bully. Back to the thread topic. I do 72 hours at the end before I cut like a lot of people do. The reason I do it is because it seems to stop the production of chlorophyll earlier than just chopping and hanging in the dark. I've noticed higher resin content than plants I don't do it with. My guess is that the plants fight response is telling it to get stickier to try to get pollen to reproduce before it's too late. Just nature being nature. I use the technique and find it to be quite useful for a smoother and more aromatic flower and smoke. I've also noticed the flavor profiles are more prevalent on the girls I finish that way. Everything GOOD genetic really does have it's own taste and odor when attention is focused on making that a top priority instead of weight. I'll take small grow over commercial cannabis any day.
72 hrs of darkness here as well.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Im curious if you tried only one day. Thats all it should take for the starches to leave the plant back to the roots. Thats why the flowers taste smoother.

The rest of the benefits are debatable in my opinion and research.

There is full info on this in ed rosenthals grow book.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Im curious if you tried only one day. Thats all it should take for the starches to leave the plant back to the roots. Thats why the flowers taste smoother.

The rest of the benefits are debatable in my opinion and research.

There is full info on this in ed rosenthals grow book.
Totally. To my knowledge 24 hrs is sufficient to do the job. Any more than that is unnecessary.
There are 2 things you're accomplishing, removing starches and building up volatile terpenes that usually gas off during lights on. Those Terps off gas quickly at temps over 20c so they usually deplete through the course of the day and replenish overnight, so a cold 24 hr dark period allows you to harvest with maximum terpene content intact.

Anthem

Anthem

Totally. To my knowledge 24 hrs is sufficient to do the job. Any more than that is unnecessary.
There are 2 things you're accomplishing, removing starches and building up volatile terpenes that usually gas off during lights on. Those Terps off gas quickly at temps over 20c so they usually deplete through the course of the day and replenish overnight, so a cold 24 hr dark period allows you to harvest with maximum terpene content intact.
I do about 30 hours just because of my lighting schedule, My understanding of the multi day thing is it builds up additional THC. I have read that THC is the plants natural sunscreen and the additional times just allows more to build in the plant, but I have never tried. Also seen JB in LA letting the plant just die in total darkness, but I have not seen them post about that lately on IG. I really do not see a reason to wait over 24 hours for the cut!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I do about 30 hours just because of my lighting schedule, My understanding of the multi day thing is it builds up additional THC. I have read that THC is the plants natural sunscreen and the additional times just allows more to build in the plant, but I have never tried. Also seen JB in LA letting the plant just die in total darkness, but I have not seen them post about that lately on IG. I really do not see a reason to wait over 24 hours for the cut!

In tests I have read it does not increase thc. Growers just say they look more frosty. But even if they do make more trichomes that does not automatically mean more potency. Its whats in them that counts.

And why would the plant make more sunscreen in the dark?

Too many myths...

Anthem

Anthem

In tests I have read it does not increase thc. Growers just say they look more frosty. But even if they do make more trichomes that does not automatically mean more potency. Its whats in them that counts.

Too many myths...
The plant actually rebuilds the trichomes while in darkness, it does it every time it is in the dark. Does not more THC mean there is more THC per gram and thus a more potent product?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Too many myths...
Try a side by side......you might be surprised.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Try a side by side......you might be surprised.

Have. Didn't make a difference according to the dispensary that tested my flowers. The one not left in the dark actually had a percent more thc. I think it could go either way. Proper fertilizing and plant health makes much more difference.

I followed every mythical technique in the beginning. I have stopped doing all of it and the weed has gotten better and better from better gardening, faster recovery and just knowing what the plants are telling me.

If the techniques were proven there would be no argument.

Cant do it again to confirm as my flower room is always running perpetually.

What did hurt results was fading plants before harvest. The medium green healthy not yellowed plants had higher potency every test.

So much for flushing to yellow. Not that it makes any sense at all to do so.

Unless the medium is overfertilized. But damage is done by then.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The plant actually rebuilds the trichomes while in darkness, it does it every time it is in the dark. Does not more THC mean there is more THC per gram and thus a more potent product?

Again. More trichomes does not automatically mean more potency.

Sick plants sometimes get super frosty. But not super potent.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Just like the entourage effect..I don't need proof.
It seems to work for me and I always have plants in flower, and so I shall continue:)
In any event, I get a better dry and cure.

Now I am not arguing with that kind of result. I say do what you like and works for you.

I am a science based kind of person. I need to know why.

I am saying the thc content did not go up when they tested my stuff. Thats a fact.

Back then when i was less experienced the flowers tasted better flushed. But they were less potent so i learned to taper the feed down during ripening and got higher potency and better flavor. Its kind of a balancing act.

budzygreen

budzygreen

I have seen a few people do this with great results.. I personally saw a noticeable difference in trichome coverage and they bulked up a bit more. I will be doing this next week on a room full of Sour Diesel.. can't wait!

:character0180:
That works Great as long as you keep the rubber down and the shinny side up!!

Top Bottom