2kw SCROG with Blackberry Kush in Roots Coco 2nd Grow

• Thread starter CelticEBE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cheyenne

Did you say this was your 1st grow? damn dude that looks great!

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Thanks Cheyenne! This is actually my second grow, but my first solo run. My first run was bad. REAL BAD. I had to move from Oakland to LA right after we flipped, and my partner was LAZY and things went to hell. We had multiple problems and being miles away I had no control over what he did. Ant problem, Spider Mite problems, Temperature problem, all resulted in less than a lb off of 2k watts. I was not happy, so I took a step back and spent a LOT of time reading. I started on IC, RIU and 420mag. Then I found the Farm and I said to myself.....this is where it is.

I got a lot of my information and idea's from people on here. I learned a LOT from this site and I am eternally grateful for it and all the helpful people on here.

Again Thank You! I'm not here to be the biggest baddest mofo on the block. I just want to grow the best buds I can and maybe help some people along the way. I do NOT want my EGO to grow with the size of my grow's and I certainly do plan to move onwards and upwards.

Last night I started my 6th week of Flower, switched the Big Bud for Overdrive and brought the ppm down to 1100. I Love the way this plant LOOKS and SMELLS!!!

motta-tokka

motta-tokka

What did the creator of the Blackberry say about the strain, linage wise? I am starting a cut from a very reputable clone only collective but cant find much info on her. When I seen you met the creator I was stoked to hear! Post up anything you can about it and super nice grow! Best of luck

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

@motta

Thanks for reminding me. He said it was a cross between Blackberry, and he quoted the source but I forgot, and White Rhino which I forgot the source on as well. Next time I see him I will write everything down and then add it to the strain guide.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Week 6 Flower:

Things are moving right along. Noticed some growth on the bud tips the other day and I have been advised to cut back on my CO2 a bit. I have had things in the 1800 range for the last two weeks and I think I will bring it down to around 1300 for next week and then cut it all together at week 8. Already planning for the next run which will hopefully be a mix of BBK, Pure Kush and Banana OG. Definitely going to be moving to a UC system, either DIY or from CCH20. Just depends on budget really. Also going to give myself a LOT more room to work with. My garden right now is entirely too cramped.

The picture on the bottom is a good indication of what I mean by not giving myself enough room to work. If I want to get to the other side I have to crawl under those buds. Makes me feel all Ninja like though.:bandit

100 1900
100 1903
100 1902
M

mrdizzle

they look really good bro, I think we have a different pheno thou, looks like you should get close to 3.5-4 off that table

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

they look really good bro, I think we have a different pheno thou, looks like you should get close to 3.5-4 off that table

Quite possible we have different pheno's, I remember you saying your cut came from Grass Valley area, and mine came from Chico. Funny thing about it all is that the strain was created here in LA.

Not sure what I am gonna pull yield wise, I haven't even tried to guess. Just know that it is going to be a better run than the last one I was a part of and that's what I am striving for. To just get better and better and grow the best possible bud that I can.

caliogk

caliogk

Premium Member
Supporter
If I want to get to the other side I have to crawl under those buds. Makes me feel all Ninja like though.:bandit

I believe that's called a high quality problem.

Donkey dicks all over of kush.

I would be doing these under the branches to get to the other side

:boogie::boogie::boogie::boogie:

T

t7rln

Yeah those are some very very nice RE can sized kolas my friend. I'm still working on mine. Very nice grow journal BTW.

t7rln

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Week 6 Flower:

My garden right now is entirely too cramped.

The picture on the bottom is a good indication of what I mean by not giving myself enough room to work. If I want to get to the other side I have to crawl under those buds. Makes me feel all Ninja like though.:bandit

What an awful problem to have! But I'd still trade you for my spider mites anyday LOL!

That's a great looking forest of capital-D Dank you got there brother!

Rock on!
:party0023:

waayne

waayne

Really nice garden!
You're gonna have some killer dank soon!!!:rock

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
those buds are def the size of cans like you were saying bro, compared to dizzles they do look pretty big...nice work meng!!

Burn

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Thanks for the support everyone! It put a smile on my face for sure this morning. I am in week 7 now and I decided last night to change things up a bit. Initially I was going to run 900 ppm all week 7 and then start flushing them out. After much thought and hearing what some other people have done in different systems I decided to ramp things down a little more instead of a straight hard crash. So I am giving them 900 ppm for 3 days, 600 ppm for 3 days, 300 ppm for three days, then they will get a dose of Final Phase and then get flushed with straight RO water til they are done.

I look back in retrospect and I can say that I have learned a LOT this run. I don't think I will run Connie again. It's too hot for my taste. I may stick with the straight dd's nute schedule next time, using AN's Sensi Grow and Sensi Bloom. His schedule worked really well for my BBK cut. Being in Coir, I couldn't have done it without the Drip Clean either.

I will post some pics later this week and then probably some pics when I take them down. I just got an offer to have someone build me DD's system and I have some thinking to do. I have been leaning more towards building a UC system but I do like the idea of the bigger buckets. Hmmmmmmm:thinking

T

tokinsmokin

Nice grow, similar to some of my past runs with the magnum xxxl's and coco. I was trying to decide whether I would do an mpb set up or an undercurrent and I chose to do mpb's. Either way they're very similar systems and will produce great results. Good luck with the next one!

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Week 7

Sorry for the horrible pic quality here. Took these with my Blackberry.....geotagging is off so no worries on that. Kinda find it amusing that I took pics of Blackberry Kush with a Blackberry Phone.

I ran out of co2 last night and I don't think I am going to fill it back up again. Calyxes are swelling big time and I am really pleased as punch with this run. :banana1sv6:

Flush begins on Monday. Does anyone have any experience with Final Phase in Coir? My plans were to flush the hell out them then give them a light watering with the FP, let it sit for 6 hours and then flush the hell out of em again. Then every night give them a medium flush til I see about 30% cloudy trichs.

I am picking up a spin-pro trimmer as I am a one man army and I was wondering what you trim then dry people out there suggest as far as temp/humidity/duration for drying. I am picking up one of those mesh hanging drying racks for after the salad spinner and just wanted to see if I could get some feedback from you guys here at the Farm.

IMG00035
IMG00040
IMG00042
BakedasBeans

BakedasBeans

I've used final phase in coir a few times and haven't had any bad experiences with it at all. That flush, run final phase, flush plan sounds really good as well. That's how advanced recommends to use it. Awesome grow Celtic!!

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Last night while pokin around in the garden I noticed some of the leaves turning purple.....I was hoping for this. Since the co2 ran out I decided to drop temps a bit. Lights on temps are between 75 to 80 and lights off things are in the 65 to 70 range. Thank God the weather has been mild this summer. Gonna take pics with the Rebel next week before I start cuttin em down.

All the other harvests I have been party to the bud was always hung to dry, then trimmed, then cured so I am looking to hear some advice from others who do it the other way. Trim then dry. I have been lurking shit for the last two days to find any info and I can't seem to find anything and I am getting a tad bit frustrated. I even PMed TrimScene and they haven't messaged me back. Ugghhhh!

aleYarok

aleYarok

the reason some prefer to trim first is because its easier with all the leaves sticking straight out, where after its dried the buds have compacted a bit and the leaves are drooped down, sticking to the buds. most trimmers only work (well) with freshly harvested buds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom