• Tagged users None
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
What's good Bobby! Is the PVC packed with clones and rocking? :wondering

B

Bobby Smith

Shady, thanks for checking in, bro - just checked out your thread, looking nice :)

Clones in the EZ are having issues (again, this thing is gonna be the death of me, but hopefully they're on their way to recovery) - also have been paranoid as fuck because of a police "scare" (not really *knock on wood*, hopefully just me being super paranoid) and have been thinking of tearing everything down............or maybe just tearing down the PVC and growing four trees in HP aero (in my state, the laws get UBER draconian if caught with more than 10 plants, and then it's kiss your ass goodbye if more than 20 plants, but less than 10 plants and I would probably just get probation or something).

Again, there's no one in the world who knows that I grow, there's no smell, my electric bill the past few months is probably lower than my neighbor's, and I don't sell any of my weed..............so again, I'm probably being paranoid, but I sure fucking hate some thoughts going through my head.

That being said, aren'tcha glad you asked? :confused0054:

Will have a real update in a couple of days when I see if these clones are salvageable or if I'm gonna have to start over again (might just use rockwool/Rapid Rooters to ensure I get rooted clones if I need to again).

G

gudkarma

you crazy bobby.

come on now! dont do anything rash.

what scare?

you are all 'noid & have a recurring issue on this front.

four huge bushes & 120 cuts, it's all the same... when you get caught... cause you're caught.

...or if you get caught?

...or you'll NEVER be caught.

which is it?

do you cover all of your bases all (at least 95%) of the time?

B

Bobby Smith

Ever since I took a look at that fucking NORML page I've been uneasy, to be sure........but this was a cop driving up and down the block a few times (which I heard) at 1am, so I got outta bed to see who was driving up and down the block........walked into the living room just in time to see him shining his spotlight onto my bushes as he drove by...........again, probably nothing, but (without trying to be arrogant), I do have a reasonable amount to lose these days.

Lol, I'm slowly coming to the realization that *hopefully, furiously, furiously knocking on wood* I was being a *touch* overly paranoid.............but bro, check out NORML - unfortunately, there's a LARGE difference in how our state sees plant counts - not even talking federal, simply on the state level (scary mandatory minimum lengths).

Still gonna get at least one (preferably two) runs outta this system, and then I'm gonna change it up to trees (or at least as "tree-ish" as I can get with ~2000 watts).

Got my tree system down to two options:

1) Either HP aero with four stationary trees screened around the vertitube

or (and this is the one I'm gonna do because it's so fucking cool)

2) Four trees rotating on their own turntables around the vertitube.........already sourced the turntables (figure 100 pounds should be good per plant, but I could go up to 150 per plant if necessary), now I just need to figure out how I'd feed the fuckers.

2RPM, two spinning clockwise and two spinning counter clockwise - basically a DIY of a system that's already out there but is made for much smaller plants.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Shit... I'm paranoid, a med patient, and legal caregiver in Cali... Just remember to stay safe and make sure you don't piss off your girl... Oh yeah, be careful where you toss out your trash too... :itwasntme

S

Spuzzum

Oh yeah, be careful where you toss out your trash too... :itwasntme

Yep.. used to bag my used cubes and discarded stock from the harvest, and dump it in a neighbourhood garbage bin behind some apartments.

Shit, here in Vancouver, we got growers who discard their leaf as well.. drive up an alley in the middle of the night, open the tailgate or back door to a van.. pull out the entire plastic/cardboard sheet completely full of leaf, stock and tiny budlets, and drive off. Others just dump bags full in alleys and quiet street corners.

It's the strangest thing the 1st time you see a dump. :D

G

gudkarma

hahhhahahahaha...

home boy, i'm a card carrying member of NORML.

and you should be too!

i live in one of the nicest towns in our state, have mortgages (plural), a legit established biz, all kinds of other assets, a hot wife, nice cars, and more... you take no more risk than anybody else.

quite the opposite, 20 years ago and long before i "made it", gudkarma was homeless, slept in his car, & washed up behind people's homes at night.

...lots to loose is on the dinner plate of drama for nearly everyone who grows.

my town is small & on a border with several other small towns. homes are close and neighbors watching. i see cops on my street, and in my area, all the time.

so what?

cops looking in your & other people's bushes via the patrol car has nothing to do with bobby's rocketship grow lab.

i'd be stoked if i saw that on my street... and i'm holding 145 plants at the end of my driveway.

what you describe seems like standard cop patrol behavior.

i will say : cops prying on your garage door ==> NOT meaningless.

as a highly educated (10 years of higher ed) and street smart (been to jail) individual, i make it my mission to know laws regarding cultivation, penalties, and more... the same way i study up on grow techniques, nutes, & strains.

i'm gonna PM you a website set up by someone who got caught in our state with mad herb in his car.

the site chronicles his insane legal experiences.

he is VERY famous (and respected by those in the know) for fighting those draconian maryjane laws about which you worry so much.

read through it... check this dude's experience ...& look and see how fruitless fighting the State can be... one ounce to 20 pounds ...4 plants to 120 cuts.

too, might have to sell off a bunch of your favorite shit, because lawyers will want $30 to $50k UP FRONT ...even if you were busted with 4 trees.

in any case & as you see it, "probation" for a few trees would hinge on your legal argument(s), the skills of your asshole lawyer, & the whim of a dickhead judge.

the State will do it's best to stick you with everything possible ..."intent to distribute", "cultivation", "consumption", and more.

with your rocketship lab ==> plan to win... not to loose.

plan for success ...not failure.

plan to cover every base & never get caught.

plan to NEVER slack off, cause that's what makes getting caught a surity.

i hope to see you growing in your rocketship grow lab for years to come.

i hope you spare no expense covering your tracks the same way you spare no expense on pvc tubing, lights, and environmental controls.

i hope you relax, keep doing what everyday bobby does, and grow onward.

much respect!

~gudkarma

420Gator

420Gator

Four trees rotating on their own turntables around the vertitube.........already sourced the turntables (figure 100 pounds should be good per plant, but I could go up to 150 per plant if necessary)

mind sharing the source? i saw the site u posted for the pre made ones, looks like a cool idea

B

Bobby Smith

GK and Shady, thanks guys - just needed someone to tell me I was being an idiot, I'm all better now, promise :) (but if you guys don't hear from me say a little prayer and listen for me screaming "I told you SO!!!" from prison)

420Gator, give me some time before I divulge that information - waiting on a call back from the manufacturer to ensure that those stands could really support 100 pounds each and still rotate (as well as trying to figure out an automated feeding system for a constantly spinning plant).

Also just went out and grabbed some Jiffy Pellets to try and save the current crop of clones, because these delays are starting to piss me off.......now, onto the big news.

ATTENTION: remember how I was torn between recirculating and DTW earlier in the thread, and loved the speed and lack of cleaning media from recirculating but was also in love with the simplicity and "foolproof-ness" of DTW? Well ladies and gentlemen, I believe I've found the Holy Grail, and its name is HP Aero (aka TAG) - will be running DTW, obviously.

Ordered the diaphragm pump, misting nozzles, and high pressure fittings last night.........done about 30 hours of research in the past couple of days, and it really seems to be pretty simple (I'm not going with an accumulator tank and solenoids for this one, but I will be upgrading to that eventually).

Reservoir----->inline filter------->pump------->nozzles

Easy peasie.....figure I'll run something like 3 seconds on / 5 minutes off, or something like that.........probably operate around 85-90PSI, if my math is correct.

Also, another added benefit is that instead of a 600 watt operating for 25% of the time this pump (similar wattage) will be running for about 12 minutes a day (ballpark).

G

gudkarma

i'm gonna call you a leading expert on lab set up & efficiency.

getting ready to dust off the ol' jiffy tray and bust out a bag of root riot plugs myself.

i was taking 48 cuts for the best 24 now i'm thinking 75 for the best 24... scales are different but need for rooted cuts is the same, thoughts?

for this batch, i was gonna get bumps in my (bubble) cloner, and go straight to the
plugs presoaked & ph'd of course

B

Bobby Smith

Lol, don't you dare jinx me with that title - I'm just a bored retard who likes to mess around with stuff - definitely gonna take some tweaking, as the lower plants won't get the true 50 micron TAG droplets, so probably gonna run a feed line from the base of the structure up as well.........need that shit to get here ASAP so I can start fucking around with it.

Also, running DTW eliminates the need for me to run a chiller (lights off temps of 70 means that the water will be ~68, and lights on the cool coil *should* be keeping temps right around 70 as well)...........so I've gone from an hourly electric use of 280 watts (guesstimate, pumps and chiller, and higher in hot weather when the chiller runs more) to an hourly electric use of 8 watts (48 seconds per hour @600 watts), regardless of temps.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Looking forward to seeing some pics of clones in PVC... I know you like gadgets even more than I do, but damn Bobby... The pipes are gonna be unfrozen pretty soon with Spring time around the corner... :giggle

M

MediMary

your projects are always so fun bobs, im looking forward to your HP build out.:lock:

B

Bobby Smith

Changed my mind and figured if I'm gonna do it I might as well do it right, so I'm going with an accumulator tank and solenoids (timer and solenoids will run off of a 12V battery so power outages will be a non-issue).

Gonna be running from 115 - 140PSI instead of 80-100PSI (might as well go balls out, right?).

Details of my slapdash planning are in this thread if anyone's interested (I'll do the building in this thread - with pics, obviously):

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

You converting the pentadecagon to HP aero to waste setup?

I gotta hand it to ya BS, you always like to ride the cutting edge!

I just can't wait to see tome of this hot tech turn out some sweet plants.

-TF

B

Bobby Smith

Lol, who said anything about plants? :P

Just ordered the accumulator tank (4.5 gallon), already ordered the 12V solenoids (4 of them, but probably only need two), ordered the misters and high compression fittings, ordered the pump (but I'm upgrading to a big boy 150PSI mothafugga), so now I just need the timer (waiting on an answer from a dude in that thread before I order it) and some miscellaneous gauges/valves and I'm rocking and rolling.

Oh, and I need a 12V battery and I need to figure out how to wire the timer/solenoids to that battery.

Basically going to try to emulate the box (and I've pretty much bought all the same equipment) as this dude (post #355):

EDIT: Here's the latest update from that thread:

All right, I said fuck it and just ordered everything today, so here's the price list if anyone else wants to give this a shot (prices include shipping, and links are above for the specific items):

150PSI pump - $171
30 misters - $45
4.5 gallon tank - $67
12V solenoids (4) - $34
12V timer - $96
Fittings and tubing (this is where you get fucked) - $225
100 micron inline filtere - $17

That's what I've bought (ordered) so far, and I'm sure there's at least another $1-200 worth of random shit (gauges, check valves, 12V battery, etc.), but I think that the stuff above gets me *just about* there.

Now..........who the fuck knows how to wire up this timer and solenoid to a 12V battery?

B

Bobby Smith

A couple of things - decided that the Coliseum was too large for 600s, so I made a new base using 3" fittings which reduced the diameter by about 2', so the plants are gonna start at about 19" away from the light (closer, actually) as opposed to starting 31" from the light.

Have done shitloads of little shit like electrical, plumbing, etc., and there's still more to do, but here's the HP aero "brain" I just finished making.

Gonna be two misters per column, one at the top and one in the middle.

Plants will be in the system by Wednesday at the latest, but hopefully Monday or Tuesday.

12911 001
12911 003
12911 004
12911 008
12911 011
12911 012
12911 014
12911 015
12311 005
12811 017
B

Bobby Smith

Some more random pics...........you can see how much smaller the Coli is, love the extra room I've gotten and love that the plants are really gonna be getting blasted with light - didn't make sense to go to all this setup trouble and then have the lights (possibly) too far from the plants.

I think that the original design would work great with 4 1Ks, but for 4 600s I wanted to make it a little smaller.

FYI, that screen is a sun screen that I chopped up and glued in the columns directly over the bottom mister - it's (in theory) going to stop roots from the top plants from overtaking the bottom mister and blocking it, sort of like an awning.

And even though I added a reducer to each column, the fact that the Coli now sits on the ground has (net) lowered the height, which is good because I thought it was too high before and was somewhat wasting the bottom light.

Also going to much easier to incorporate a screen into this (simply twist tie to each column), and I'm going to use one for the first run.

Like the look of the three high Coli in the pic below - was just while the glue dried, but I might go to a 45 site if it turns out that I can be efficient enough that I don't need to use 2400 watts to produce enough for me and my girl to smoke.

Last thing - that price breakdown I posted about HP aero two posts above was a fucking joke.............have easily tripled that amount at this point.........lol, some things never change.

12811 008
12811 009
12811 012
12811 014
12811 016
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Thx for the tips on the PVC Bobby! You are definitely very experienced in this area... I must say that I'm a bit confused on the recent photo updates... So is the last shot of the 3 high coli the current design and the one in the previous post the old design? As I mentioned before the old design seemed to not have enough access, but the 3 high coli at least allows access from above... Which would be great to see bud shots as well... :cool

B

Bobby Smith

No, and sorry for the confusion - just ignore that three high pic, that was just a construction pic as I waited for the glue to dry on the screens - the Coli is still gonna be six high, it's just in a 5' diameter footprint now instead of the 7' diameter footprint that it was when I used 4" fittings for the base.

And with the new setup there's gonna be just about zero access, but the diameter is small enough and my arms are long enough that I can reach inside and do whatever I need to do that way - I'll have a little access, but not much, especially when the screen goes in there.

Wow, this thread has been a monster, and this has taken months and months longer than it should've, but it's almost time to start growing in this thing :)

Top Bottom