4 600s or 3 1000s

• Thread starter Bobby Smith
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Boomer242

nice to see u running the ez cloner. my partner just grabbed one is using jacks tips about power cloner and he got roots in 6-7 days. sick system def worth the investment. ill be gettin one soon.
im just stoked to see u up and runnin brotha. keep it up

S

Socachi

Bobby ever thought of trying T5's over your clones? Less heat get the light lower, less electric

B

Bobby Smith

Bobby ever thought of trying T5's over your clones? Less heat get the light lower, less electric

Well not T5s, but I usually have T8s over them (see pic below) - was too lazy to setup my entire veg tent in there (the EZ Clone will be on the bottom under T8s, mothers up top under the 400HPS) so just threw them under the 400 for convenience.

All vegging plants (both clones and mothers) are contained in my bi-level (no homo) 4x3 tent inside the 14x10 room.

81910 001
I

Indefinately

Hey Bobby

I have just finished catching up on your "project".

Nice work mate,

Keep us updated..........

Indefinately............................

B

Bobby Smith

Good seeing you over here, bro - I'll have a pic update tomorrow to explain where we're at - broke a part of the cooltube so ordered a replacement piece which will be here next Wednesday.

I

Indefinately

Hey Bobby

Had to follow you over,
Couldnt miss out on this awesome build.
Looking forward to seing everything nice and GREEN.

Indefinately........

B

Bobby Smith

I have a couple of pics, but they're honestly not worth showing - imagine the rattiest looking clones you can, now imagine that someone ran them over with a lawnmower - that's pretty much it.

They're in the cloner and about 10 have roots and the majority of the rest have pre-roots - if I had to guess, I'd say at least 7-10 days before they go into the system.

Gonna take some more clones today in Rapid Rooters or Jiffy Pellets as replacements in case the originals don't make it.

Awww heck, I'll take some pics today and post them, I guess I have been kind of neglecting this thread (but in my defense, ain't shit been going on).

Here's the list of remaining stuff, gonna start banging it out today and get as much done as possible before Thursday (cooltube replacement is delivered):

Panda floor of structure?
Panda ceiling of structure?
Run water line to other side of reservoir
Setup catch bucket for AC
Setup dehuey/catch bucket
Run ducting/hang fans for cooltube
Setup veg tent
Setup both filters
Setup large and small ozone
Build platform for base
Rewire outlet
TRASH!!!!
Stand for veg rez
Run amp tests on circuits
Mount electrical!!
Wire cooltube
Water line through soil bed

EDIT: I was also on an ill poker heater for the past week - lost about $15K over the weekend, but still up about $40K for the week.

R

RMCG

Damn.
I don't play poker anymore.

A few too many 'poker lessons' at a couple hundred an hour is enough for me...

Where you going to put your ozone generators?

B

Bobby Smith

Damn.
I don't play poker anymore.

A few too many 'poker lessons' at a couple hundred an hour is enough for me...

Where you going to put your ozone generators?

Lol.......there's no game more fun but frustrating - stopped playing yesterday when I was down $10K for Saturday and Sunday..........had 8-8 in the hijack, made it $150 to go..........the button popped it to $350, I call, we go to the flop heads up...........flop is A-8-2, I bet out $700, he raises to $1500, I shove, he calls..........he had the cooler of all coolers, A-A........$5K lost that hand ($15K over the two shitty days), decided that was a sign I should take a break for a couple of days.

However, finished fourth place in a $500 buy-in which got me $25K earlier in the week (never play tourneys but decided to on a whim).

Anyhow, was gonna put the smaller ozone generator (Cap Jr.) in the actual grow room - it has a timer built in for 10 on/10 off, so the levels never get that high.

Was gonna put the larger generator (Cap 5500 model) in the "dead area" of the garage to (hopefully) neutralize any odors that are in the AC exhaust (but will have the smaller ozone and two filters running fulltime in the growing area to assist in removing stank).

I think that *should* cover my odor bases, but odor is by far my biggest fear, so if I smell anything in my driveway I'm just gonna keep on adding filters and ozone generators until I max out my available amps.

Security is of the utmost importance.

Here's a couple of pics of the broken vertitube section, the unbroken ones, pics of how I set the chiller up so it doesn't leak (lol, who'd have thunk that you'd need different size tubing for the intake/exhaust), and some pics of the rattiest clones you've ever seen (from a couple of days ago, I'll try to get freshies today):

11910 004
11910 005
111310 002
111310 003
111310 004
111310 005
111310 006
111310 007
R

RMCG

I work too damn hard for my money to gamble like that. Takes bigger brass than I have to throw 15k away on a weekend.

Be careful with the generators ~in~ your room. It can remove the smell of the product too.

I would definitely use the bigger one on the exhaust only.

B

Bobby Smith

I work too damn hard for my money to gamble like that. Takes bigger brass than I have to throw 15k away on a weekend.

Be careful with the generators ~in~ your room. It can remove the smell of the product too.

I would definitely use the bigger one on the exhaust only.

Yeah, I'm not gonna turn any on until they're needed - my sincere hope is that the two filters (4" and 6") should get the overwhelming majority of the stank, and then the 5500 will clean up any residual.

The smaller one in the room will be the last one that gets turned on of those four.

And it's only gambling if the other guy is better than you are........:big_boss:

I

Indefinately

Hey Bobby,

Hows your to do list going?
Getting much done........

I havent done anything major in weeks.
Unfortunately there is one "negative" thing abount Ganga.
You cant be bothered doing anything but smoke.
LOL

I have some clones going at least.
I need to get a move on, and i think you need to get the room Flowering too mate.

All the best......
Indefinately..................

J

jakew215

I could grow way more bud in a simpler setup, but I lack the available space and I'm not willing to use the power that would necessitate (at least 4-6K, whereas I'm using 2.4K).

There is no more efficient way to grow than to totally encircle the bulbs with plants, so I believe (based on countless hours of research) that this is the most efficient system I could've built.

im sorry i know this is a fairly old post but you really think this is your most efficient option?

how much do you plan on producing from this system? i think a sog in soil wouldnt dominate in simplicity and yield. just my .02 once again.

B

Bobby Smith

im sorry i know this is a fairly old post but you really think this is your most efficient option?

how much do you plan on producing from this system? i think a sog in soil wouldnt dominate in simplicity and yield. just my .02 once again.

It kind of depends on your definition of "efficiency" - for me, it's a function of least amount of time servicing my garden and getting the greatest yield possible.

Without a doubt, coliseum-type grows where vertically hung bulbs are surrounded on all sides by plants (a vertical SOG) are the highest-yielding systems there are, all else equal.

Whereas an advanced flat gardener can get 1gpw, an advanced vert gardener can get upwards of 1.5gpw+ (obviously there's a gazillion factors that come into play, but again, all else equal).

My first run in this system I'll be shooting for 3-4 pounds, which will blow away my gpw from flat gardening.

By my third or fourth run, I'd like to try and hit 8 pounds, which is unheard of for flat gardening (especially by an at best "decent" gardener).

I have no qualms with using a medium (it wouldn't be soil though, that's for sure) and still might use one (rockwool, perlite, hydroton) and do a drain to waste, but handwatering soil every day or two doesn't really fit my lifestyle (I travel a lot, and even when I'm home don't like to be bothered to mess with my garden every day).

Indefinately, the list hasn't changed much, been busy doing some interview prep - I'm gonna bang some of it out this afternoon, though - need to cut some more clones, methinks.

R

RMCG

Grams per Watt per Square Foot.

This system will out produce a flat garden, hands down.

B

Bobby Smith

Grams per Watt per Square Foot.

This system will out produce a flat garden, hands down.

I don't think that additional parameter of "square foot" needs to be in there - can you give an example where it becomes a factor?

You can use hypotheticals if you need to, I'm just having trouble understanding...........to my knowledge, vertical bare bulb SOGs have the highest gpw period, ergo the more square footage one adds, the more their advantage.

R

RMCG

When compared to flat tables a v-sog takes up less floor space (sq. ft) and will yield better.

I was agreeing with you and reiterating your point.

:anim_44:

J

jakew215

you think this system will be EASIER to take care of then soil?

ive checked my garden three times in two weeks. one time to water.

you sure as hell dont need to be in there everyday. and 95% of the time i walk in, look for bugs, check the soil and walk out. i dont see how thats a lot of work?

i have no res to change, no ppms or ph to check. i may not yield as much per watt as you but im sure its pretty close when you take into account all the wattage your adding for required equipment for a hydro setup, i have one fan and a 1k light for my personal room. its like 1250 watts TOTAL.

now you guys have pumps, chillers, a/c's, etc etc. so much shit to go wrong ya know, a pump fails anything.

about the only thing that will fuck my room up is if my power goes out or my timer or buld burns up. even then ill catch it in a day or two and nothing should DIE.

sorry, im just looking at the big picture and the whole cost of things. i can guarantee i have less headaches than you.

B

Bobby Smith

you think this system will be EASIER to take care of then soil?

ive checked my garden three times in two weeks. one time to water.

you sure as hell dont need to be in there everyday. and 95% of the time i walk in, look for bugs, check the soil and walk out. i dont see how thats a lot of work?

i have no res to change, no ppms or ph to check. i may not yield as much per watt as you but im sure its pretty close when you take into account all the wattage your adding for required equipment for a hydro setup, i have one fan and a 1k light for my personal room. its like 1250 watts TOTAL.

now you guys have pumps, chillers, a/c's, etc etc. so much shit to go wrong ya know, a pump fails anything.

about the only thing that will fuck my room up is if my power goes out or my timer or buld burns up. even then ill catch it in a day or two and nothing should DIE.

sorry, im just looking at the big picture and the whole cost of things. i can guarantee i have less headaches than you.

Hey man, you're preaching to the choir, and that was one of my main decisions when building my room - go intake/exhaust and save initially and on an ongoing power basis, or seal it up and spend more upfront and on an ongoing basis - I chose to seal it up, because my goal is to grow the dankest weed possible with my genetics, and unfortunately that's just not possible in an intake/exhaust scenario where I can't control my parameters.

By definition, being able to control every variable imaginable lets me worry less, have to check on my room less, and lets me max the plants out to their genetic potential.

Without a doubt, a well setup hydro system is less maintenance than a soil system that must be handwatered; it just is - yes, MUCH more effort upfront, but on an ongoing basis there's nothing besides an occasional rez change out.

Of course with all the extra equipment used there's more variables (and points of weakness, if you will), but for the drastically larger yields (seriously, it's not gonna be close in grams per watt at all between a hydro VSOG and a soil SCROG), I'm willing to take that chance.

However, I have said repeatedly that I may go to a drain to waste setup, which would eliminate the need for a chiller, eliminate my need to check PPMs and pH, and generally make my life much, much simpler - still haven't decided yet, but if I do that, the only point of failure would be a pump going out, and I'd install a redundant pump to combat that possibility.

BTW, no offense taken at all and I enjoy speaking about this - as I said in my PM to you, vertical bare bulbs (IMO) are the future (and present in many cases) of indoor growing.

EDIT: for some reason I keep on saying "vertical bare bulbs", when I really just mean "vertically hung bulbs", as I'm going to be using a cooltube on mine.

Top Bottom