5x5 Corner-to-Corner Solo Cup Run

• Thread starter Observationist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Yup that's essentially what I ended up doing. Then I used a little chart I have to figure out the best size screw to use to secure the pieces together, used silicone in the corners of the channels to keep the plastic sheeting stuck to the sides and bottom, and stapled the plastic to the plywood channels above the water line. Then I had to use a 6" hole saw to carefully drill out the holes in the lid piece, and painted them all white with Killz.
Definitely think that’s what the OP should do. He’s got the time before it gets to crazy

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
The best part is if the plastic wears out or gets a leak in it, it's easy and cheap to replace. I think when I was building this I priced channels that were made of PVC and similar dimensions, but they wanted like over 100 bucks per channel. I made 6 of them this way and only spent like 50 bucks on plastic, silicone and staples. Already had the plywood on hand as I said.. My channels are approximately 8 feet long (the length of a sheet of plywood) about 8 inches deep and 8 inches wide and will hold 6 plants each.. If taken care of properly, should last me the rest of my life.

Oh, and I found a plastic tote made to store fake Christmas trees at Walmart during the holiday season as a reservoir. I just lined the outside of it with panda plastic as it's a clear tote. Works great as a reservoir. It's not too tall, nice and wide so all the channels can just gravity drain directly into the res. Holds about 50-60 gallons or so.

Last edited:
Ganjadad

Ganjadad

The best part is if the plastic wears out or gets a leak in it, it's easy and cheap to replace. I think when I was building this I priced channels that were made of PVC and similar dimensions, but they wanted like over 100 bucks per channel. I made 6 of them this way and only spent like 50 bucks on plastic, silicone and staples. Already had the plywood on hand as I said.. My channels are approximately 8 feet long (the length of a sheet of plywood) about 8 inches deep and 8 inches wide and will hold 6 plants each.. If taken care of properly, should last me the rest of my life.

Oh, and I found a plastic tote made to store fake Christmas trees at Walmart during the holiday season as a reservoir. I just lined the outside of it with panda plastic as it's a clear tote. Works great as a reservoir. It's not too tall, nice and wide so all the channels can just gravity drain directly into the res. Holds about 50-60 gallons or so.
Definitely a great thing to build but I guess he should way the cost and time to build against suing this type of grow once or multiple times. If he wants to do it like this again then definitely this way but if he wants to change it maybe just the sprayer this time around but it would be good to have it on hand if needed. That tote sounds perfect, just needs a decent submersible water pump and some hose, air pump&stone and he’s golden

Observationist

Observationist

Definitely a great thing to build but I guess he should way the cost and time to build against suing this type of grow once or multiple times. If he wants to do it like this again then definitely this way but if he wants to change it maybe just the sprayer this time around but it would be good to have it on hand if needed. That tote sounds perfect, just needs a decent submersible water pump and some hose, air pump&stone and he’s golden
Got totes I could use

Got a carepackage coming with a pump

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I just noticed this but you've got a lot of room left in those solo cups - maybe once the plants get a little bigger you could pop them out of those cups and add some fresh dirt at the bottom and put the plants back in? Just a thought.

Observationist

Observationist

I just noticed this but you've got a lot of room left in those solo cups - maybe once the plants get a little bigger you could pop them out of those cups and add some fresh dirt at the bottom and put the plants back in? Just a thought.
Correct

I’ll fill em up a little more and let the stem put out more roots.

or

once I can lift the plant/root mass out of the cup easily then I’d add more perlite/coc

Sparks 714

Sparks 714

Things are starting to look pretty good over here. But i bet its a pain in the rear to have to hand water all these babies individually. But keep up the good work! Im always interested when someone has the cojones to think and do something outside of the box. 😁👍

LJBB

LJBB

100ft 10$

I might not even end up using this but bought it just incase and something to play with/think
Noooooooooo Brooooooooo get Netafim or Floraflex 1/4 inch line. You will want to punch your self in the face the entire time you deal with that black 1/4 shit! It keeps a memory and is 100% impossible to deal with in a 4x8 with 32 plants let alone your insanity!

Top Bottom