60 plants. G13+Hash plant. 1600w Aeroflo60 grow

• Thread starter weedgirl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

weedgirl

Adding another res is not really an option. I can add more water to the one i have, by raising the water level in the pipes/containers, but I mean the system is made for 60 plants, and the res came with the setup, so I kind of assume GHE made the res for 60 plants.

Is there any other way to combat the swings in nutrients other then adding more water/nuets. To be honest I am not really measuring the EC on a daily basis now, I just measure it and write it down like 2h after i change the water or add more water (and nuets).

My PH meter broke, so my PH is unknown too for now. But RO water and Advanced nuets should be "PH perfect" so hopefully that is not a disaster.

I am pretty sure they are all female. The one mother plant i was unsure about is in flower (12/12) as well, and it looks female to me. I put it under a 400w next to the Aeroflo (in a bubbler) since i have 2 other mother plant's I was 100% sure about (they are in a tent on 18/6). They can supply the clones i need in the future.

tokinupon1

tokinupon1

I'm sure the res was just a if you have issues suggestion. I don't know about the ph perfect line up yet we dont have it yet. Kinda scary with no ph meter but plants look good so far.

Ester

Ester

I have been following your thread from the beginning. Seems your initial start up costs got the better of you now. Dunno. Just reading into what you need to get out of the run to stay ahead.

As far as not being able to acquire a test strip or anything to check nutes and keep them stabilized.

I would use drain to waste right now. It is much better IMO. The ph would be consistent. It depends on how much your spraying in cycles also. You could elevate the reservoir to run the nuts the other direction and take the end caps off and let it run into buckets.

O

Organicyumyum

if you happen to find the right pheno of this strain you will be very excited! I popped a ten pack of these back in '03 and I ended up finding one keeper that was incredible in regards to yield, potency, flavor, and bud structure. The pheno Im talking about leans toward the hash plant side of the cross and is extremely potent and tasty. good luck!

F

Fuman

Hey Weedgirl.

Looking good, we'll be keeping an eye on you european chick.

PS. Metric all the way to infinity x

W

weedgirl

Week #3 of Flower.
Feeding day. I ran out of cal/mag, but I will buy some more Monday and add it then.

foodweek31.png

I have an issue with some plants being taller then the others. I am not sure how to best deal with it. Should I top them (in week 3 of flower) or should I crop them or just tie them down to the frame of the net. Any suggestions?

I can still raise the lamps a bit, but I am thinking I will get more yield in the end, by all of the plants having the same height, thus being the right distance from the lights, and not having half the plants to far away.

P1010438.JPG

P1010440.JPG

P1010436.JPG

P1010435.JPG

P1010434.JPG

P1010433.JPG

P1010437.JPG

P1010432.JPG

W

weedgirl

Week #4 of Flower.
Feeding day. I upped the food a little for week 4.

I build a 2nd net (sandwich style) in an attempt to mange my out of control plants, so there are now two lairs of net. I turned the lights down from 600w to 360w for better pictures, but when on 600w the light penetrates all the way to the base of the plants. I hope I can use the 2nd net to keep the plants down and away from the lights, if they wont stop growing now.

I gotta say the PH perfect series really works wonders on RO water. My PH is steady at 5.7 with no adjustment.

I am starting to see "buds" develop, and it's very exciting :) I am now 100% positive that all the plants are female.

foodweek4.jpg

P1010476.JPG

P1010474.JPG

P1010473.JPG

P1010465.JPG

P1010448.JPG

P1010457.JPG

P1010458.JPG

P1010464.JPG

P1010446.JPG

M

Max-Juice

nice job plants are lookin good keep it up and you have a nice harvest

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

Damn if i was you I'd be in there every day taking the larger lower fan leaves off, disgrouling all over the mofuckin place. Get the light to those lower areas!

S

StrikeitRich

my .02

no, leave them till they dry up and fall off. jk.

but fureal u want as much sun spots as possible.

Peace,
S i R

W

weedgirl

Week # 5 of Flower
foodweek5.png

I am beginning to get really nervous for this grow, since it's starting to look like my last one. My last grow was a total fail (see Post about my last grow fail)

Taking advice from all you helpful people, I have cut down on the "grow" and the "cal/mag" for this feed, and done a bit of trimming, cutting away some of the larger fan leaves and allot of the lower branches and leaves, that look'ed to pathetic to become anything useful.

I am not at all sure if I should trim them more and if I should maybe cut away all the bottom growth, or even more fan leaves from the mid/top area.

The whole grow is really long and stringy like my last grow, and I don't know if I am doing something really radically wrong.

I am on week 5 of flower and the buds are starting to come along, but they are still not really as dense as I remember the buds on my first grow was at this point.

P1010494.JPG
P1010493.JPG
P1010492.JPG
P1010491.JPG
P1010487.JPG
P1010489.JPG
P1010485.JPG
P1010484.JPG
P1010483.JPG
P1010482.JPG

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Those are getting a bit unruly. Def need to trim everything under that lower trellis. Get all that energy used to make those lower buds up to the top buds that are getting light.

(And please tell me you cleaned your grow spacer after the trim. All of that shit on the floor is a magnet for pests and disease)

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Hi weedgirl! How's going?
I read the other topic where you were frustrated because the plants were not growing dense buds, and looking the pics of you garden, I notice you're using an adjust wing reflector which produces a lot more heat than the conventional air cooled one, and that could be definitely the reason for that as the flower opens in high temperature and closes in cold.
What's the temperature in your room? I also notice your plants very very close to the bulb, what's the distance between them?
Hope your girls are doing better.
Peace!

nuttso

nuttso

Sorry if already answered, but where did you get those seeds? I don't know this pheno but 2.5 ec seems really high to me. I know only one pheno here in mý area that can take up that much nutes in nft. C99 F1 is a nute whore too. Btw you can get nearly the same results with drain to waste coco done right as you get with this crap nft recirculating shit. And alot easier for sure. In this small area High Pressure Air Assisted Drain To Waste Aeroponic will outyield everything but the second choice should be coco coir dtw. You can get alot of problems in recirculating systems. And on the other side... With drain to waste u have full control of the feeding. Everytime fresh nutes is the key. Since Air Assisted Aeroponic isn't for people that don't know how to grow and more important don't know the strain i would go with coco in your position and make sure to find the right pheno. Hope everything goes well. I believe it's the high ec or the genetics. And if it's in the genetic, there is nothing you can do about it.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I've been lurking on your thread for some time now, and I'm wondering a few things. First, 2.5 EC is 1250ppm @500, right? Seems high to me.

Second, unless my calcs are wrong, 22.5 C = 72 degrees F, and that's a bit low too. These girls like it warm! This goes double in flower and with high EC. If this were my grow, I'd be shooting for daytime air temps in the 27-28 C range, or around 80-82 degrees F. Low temps slow down all of the plants' metabolic processes, including nutrient take-up.

Third, are they getting fresh air at all times? If you're not enriching with CO2, you'll need to be certain they're getting enough.

Fourth, you said something about having a limit on the power you can consume, but I'm accustomed to using 1000W HPS exclusively in my grows. These provide plenty of light and penetration, and so I wonder what having 600s is doing to your setup. Combined with a high EC and low temps, this could be part of the lankiness issue.

Fifth, when you do your nutes, do you change the water in your res. completely? Flush with pure RO water? If you're not getting rid of all the old nutrients, adding new will boost your EC but the ratios will all be off. My problem with using bottle nutrients is that when I want to tweak things a bit, the bottles are clumsy, since they don't have just one nutrient in them. At this point, I'd add a bit of K (potassium).

Last, I notice I get better results when my pH wanders a bit. Mine generally starts around 5.4-5.5, then slowly over the course of a few weeks rises to around 6.2-6.4. This seems to cover the bases in terms of ideal nutrient takeup at either end of the 'optimum' pH spectrum.

W

weedgirl

Thank you very much for the great reply's. It's really really appreciated.

I gotta say, my buds looks somewhat better today than they did 3 days ago. I hope they keep it up :) I am still kind of nervous, and my "hard to make" decisions are this.

Should I add another inline fan, sucking in air from the outside, while the lights are on? The air outside is cold (5-10c and falling fast) as I am in the north part of europe.

Should I lower my feed, and start using less nutrients all together?

Should i stop using grow and cal/mag completely?

Should I trim even more of the plants away, from the top and middle section of the bush that is my plants? (like large fan leaves and small budsites)

My humidity is VERY high all the time, could that be the problem? (80%+)

@cannarado
Ok, so I trimmed off everything bellow the bottom net, with the exception of a few very small plants that got nothing above the net anyway. See pics. Yes I sweep the floor after trimming. But thank you for the notice :)

@Th3Jungl3Boy
The room temp is 18c at night, 23c mid day and on rare occasions as high as 25-26 just before lights goes off. But apparently it should be as high as 27-28c at this point according to ttystikk?
My top buds are kind of near the bulb. Like 40 cm away, but I do my very best to lead them away from the bulb, using the net. They still seem to be growing slightly tho.

@nuttso
Sensi Seeds. It's in the first post :) But they are from 3 different mothers, made from 3 different seeds (from the same bag of seeds). So I don't think it can be genetics. Also i think Sensi seeds is a top brand, and I picked the most expensive once...

@ttystikk
Accordig to my ec meter, 1.53 ppt = 3.05 ms. That is about where I am now. Is that too high for a Aeroflo in week 5 of flower?

Your calcs are right. That is about where I am at. But you seem to disagree with Th3Jungl3Boy about the best temperature in the grow room.

I have a vortex fan running in the other end of the room, and it's a big room. I can add another drwing fresh air from outside, but that will be cold air, lowing the temperature even more. I was thinking I could put it on a timer to only run while lights are on.

Yes I cant use 1000w lights. I was even considering growing short plants and using 400w only to cover a bigger area and growing more plants. I am after more yield pr. watt. :)

I don't flush the roots with clean water. but I do empty out all the water. Should I flush the roots with clean RO water in between feeds, to make sure I get all the old nutrients out?

My PH is 5.4 to 5.7 now and I have not adjusted at all. I can add some PH up, do you think that is a good idea?

Some pictures from today
P1010508.JPG

P10105091.JPG

P10105071.JPG

P1010498.JPG

P1010506.JPG

P1010505.JPG

P1010502.JPG

P1010500.JPG

P1010501.JPG

P1010495.JPG

Latest posts