60 plants. G13+Hash plant. 1600w Aeroflo60 grow

• Thread starter weedgirl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

Ok you have a lot of questions, and the answers are related to one another. "Interrelated", to use a specific term. What I mean by this is what I mentioned earlier; that if your temps are low, that will affect nutrient takeup.

Accordig to my ec meter, 1.53 ppt = 3.05 ms. That is about where I am now. Is that too high for a Aeroflo in week 5 of flower?

I read what you said about nutrient strength, but I am unfamiliar with the scale you're using. What is your EC? If temps are low and humidity is that high (too high!) then your plants will be unable to move water and the nutrients in it up to the growing sites.

Are you familiar with the concept of VPD, or vapor pressure differential? What this idea says is that there is an ideal range of humidity, but that this ideal range changes with temperature. The only time 80% relative humidity would be okay is when your room temps are 29 C! Otherwise, they need to be lower, because your plants will not be able to transpire moisture. If they can't do that, then they can't transport nutrients from their roots up to their buds and that leads to the trouble you're having now.

The reason I asked about how often you're changing over the air in your room is because if the air doesn't get replaced regularly, humidity generally goes up- too high- and CO2 content goes down- too low. If you can't draw in fresh air without it being too cold, can you draw air from your living space, where it's warmer? Another advantage of using air from your living area is that people breathe out CO2 and that's good for your plants too!

I still think many problems can be solved in your setup by reducing humidity and raising temperature. Aim for 65-75% RH at 26-27 C. Both will help your girls drink more water, and thus take up more of the nutrients in that water. If you add a heater, that will raise temperature and automatically relative humidity will fall. Just don't aim the heater directly at the plants.

nuttso

nuttso

ttystikk is completly right. btw with that humidity and without cleaned air from the outside with a hepa or ulpa filter u are crying for botrytis. especially in nordern europe. the ideal temp is 24c (day without co2) and 22c (night). canopy no higher than 27. With co2 u need to go up to 28-30c. U need to change your air in this room 1 time at a minute. Without a sterile room aim for 40-50%. Your ec seems really high to me. Will come back later to this. I would never run this kind of nft system if i need the money.

W

weedgirl

@ttystikk
My EC is:
1.50 ttp
1500 ppm
3.05 ms

Those are all the same I think :) Just different units of messure.

Ok, I added another vortex fan. I now have one blowing air out the chimney, and one taking air in from the basement. I opend two windows in the basement, so there should be plenty of fresh air, and hopefully it won't get too cold. Or at least not as cold as if taken directly from the outside.

I also added a 120w dehumidifier I just rememberd having (shut up) and hopefully that will help. Now I just hope I don't blow a fuse (again..)

The humidity fell to 76% about 5-10 min after those changes.

Edit: humidity at 72% after a few hours. I have set the intake fan to turn off with the lights, hopeing it wont get too cold at night.

ttystikk

ttystikk

@ttystikk
My EC is:
1.50 ttp
1500 ppm
3.05 ms

Those are all the same I think :) Just different units of messure.

I'm not sure about the NFT style system you're running, but I generally try to stay below 1200 ppm, and even 1000 as a working maximum unless I'm really pushing the plants. Again, 'pushing' the plants is a strategy that needs to take several environmental factors into account; temps must be high enough, humidity must be in the right range, and CO2 must be abundant- read enriched- for higher nutrient concentrations to be beneficial.

Ok, I added another vortex fan. I now have one blowing air out the chimney, and one taking air in from the basement. I opend two windows in the basement, so there should be plenty of fresh air, and hopefully it won't get too cold. Or at least not as cold as if taken directly from the outside.

Ok, is this addressing the low temperature situation? It needs to be 26-27 in daytime, and if it isn't, your plants will not grow as strongly as they should.

I also added a 120w dehumidifier I just rememberd having (shut up) and hopefully that will help. Now I just hope I don't blow a fuse (again..)

The humidity fell to 76% about 5-10 min after those changes.

Edit: humidity at 72% after a few hours. I have set the intake fan to turn off with the lights, hopeing it wont get too cold at night.

A dehumidifier is a good start; it amounts to an expensive heater. Remember that unless you're actively adding moisture to the air, if the temperature rises, relative humidity ALWAYS falls. That's because the 'relative' part refers to the percentage of moisture in the air 'relative to' the maximum amount it can hold at that temperature. Higher temperature air can hold more water, thus relative humidity falls. A small space heater will do what your dehumidifier is doing, for much less investment, and you'll be able to more effectively manage temperature directly.

What nuttso said about high humidity and botrytis in northern europe is absolutely spot on. I'd hate to see you get this thing dialed in, only to see the fungus eat your harvest!

I hope this helps.

W

weedgirl

Very very helpful. Thank you.

I will keep a close eye on the temperture. Where should I messeure it? Under the plants and not in direct light, or what?

I will buy a hepa filter for my intakt fan asap.

I will flush the system with clean RO water and add a less concentrated feed.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Mutually beneficial discussion!

Very very helpful. Thank you.

I will keep a close eye on the temperture. Where should I messeure it? Under the plants and not in direct light, or what?

I will buy a hepa filter for my intakt fan asap.

I will flush the system with clean RO water and add a less concentrated feed.

You know, you're helping me learn more about growing in Europe, and about the NFT system you're using- so the benefits are going both ways!

Measure the temperature at the same height as the main part of your plants, perhaps 10-20 cm or so below the tops. Measure it in the room near the plants, but not under the light, or that will influence the reading.

Do you have a small space heater? That would be the best solution for low temperature, and the most controllable. You can get a heater with a simple temp gauge on it, or get a little more sophisticated and get a simple heater that will come on anytime the power to it is activated, then put a dedicated thermostat in control of it.

If the environmental conditions that support fungus are not present, the fungus can't hurt you. On the other hand, if you have conditions that are ideal for fungal infection, it can be all but impossible to prevent it- even with measures like HEPA filtration.

W

weedgirl

My water was 3.50 ms 6 days after feeding. That is litteraly "off the chart" according to this chart.

I am flushing the system, first with tap water, then RO water and then refilling it with RO water. But how much nutrients should I use now? What EC (ms) should I go for?
PPM-EC-C2.jpg

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Looks good under the hood. Looks at those plants prayin'! Nice and clean underneath the trellis. Looking better already. Very nice!

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Looks like your listening to all the advice and acting, this a cool and knowledgeable thread, lots of peeps are learning from this BUT, weed girl, it's all about the right genetics, you could grow the most amazing buds but they won't get you high.

Having a cutting from a friend will make great difference to the quality of yours buds. Sensi seeds were there from the beginning but there are small seed companies that have latest cannabis genetics. You want these........ Good luck looks like your gonna pull a decent yield.

Side note, once your know your genetics, growth habit etc, you'll be able to control the heights much better. The right type of pruning can increase your yield 2 fold. I'm in Europe dealing with cold temps too.

Peace

G81

M

mr cheese

hi mate, sorry if this has already been said, haven't got time to read thru the thread but i can answer your question as to why your buds are looking strange.. its from to much feed, plus by the looks of em on your pics their also getting to much N..
are you using 3 part feed?? if so use this system n u cnt go wrong..

.. G.M.B (grow.micro.bloom)
wk1 2.1.1 e.c 1.0
wk2 2.1.1 e.c 1.2
wk3 1.1.2 base e.c 1.0 add pk to bring e.c 1.4
wk4 0.3.5 e.c 1.4 - 1.6
wk5 0.3.5 base e.c 1.0 add pk to bring e.c 1.6
wk6 1.3.5 e.c 1.4
wk7 0.3.5 e.c 1.2
wk8 plain water

follow that n youl have healthy happy green plants right up till harvest, no need for additives like m.g, cal mag ect ect.. if you notice in wk 6 i give them a tiny bit of grow feed, this just helps them stay nice n green n healthy..
obviously you can just use the head formula of 6/9 micro bloom but everybody has to add extra mg, cal mag ect, with my formula you get the same quality and yeild without the extra expense of additives..

hope this helps... c

nuttso

nuttso

Go back to 2.5, keep a close eye everyday if the ec is climbing or falling. if it falls than they eat more, if it climbs they drink more and don't need that much nutes. a healthy res will slowly decrease in ec. this is what you wan't. slowly ph swinging ec degrease. in recirc systems it is good to swing from 5.5 to 6.2. if it's stable in the 5.6-5.8 part it's good too. this is why i love drain to waste. you cannot manage to tell me what nutrients are in your res after it was exposed a few days to the plants. the other bad part about recirc is pythium. if you grow dtw bucket style you will not infect your whole crop, but with recirc the spores will hit every plant. i water coco with 18-19° c if i was to water aero or dwc it would be 16°. pythium can't grow in this conditions. ask the big rdwc growers what they fear the most. dtw will always outyield recirc. my homie yielded 8,5 kg wet under 2x600 watt adjust a wing. that 1,8 kg dry stinky dank bud with just canna coco ab, cannazym and pk for 3 waterings. coco airpot hempy bucket style . watered only every 4 days. little run off. no special yielder gens but some topping scrogging and lollipoping.you can also innoculate the good bennies in coco add some silicate, molasses and lots of humid and fulvic plus weekly aerated compost tea flushes and play around with auxins, gibberlins, cytokinin and some triacontanol for optimum results. as for botrytis you must have alot of luck in a basement with this conditions not to catch it. your only bet is plant resistance. keep a close eye for botrytis after week 8. measure your night rh as well. if your in the 70 % at day you will be in the 90 % at night. maybe you are lucky and there is no botrytis in your area, wich i highly doubt. the ideal conditions for plants are also good conditions for fungi. in a non sealed room you need to lower rh to 40-45%.

W

weedgirl

@ mr cheese
Thank you. That is real helpfull. I have been adding equal amounts of micro / bloom / grow because that was what the bottle told me to do. I will definitely change that. I am also starting to think that the amount's recomended on the bottle is for growing with no other additives than micro / grow / bloom, so if I follow them and then add BigBud and Sensizym and CalMag, my EC will explode. They are running on tap water now (did since yesterday) and I will flush them with clean RO water today, and then change that for RO with a light nutrient mix (without Grow and CalMag)

Sounds like a good plan right?

Ps. Should I still add BigBud and SensiZym?

@ nuttso
Thank you for the warning and advice. I think maybe I had that fungie last time (or my buds did.. shut up). I will keep the dehumidifier running day and night, and keep a real close eye on my buds.

nuttso

nuttso

@ mr cheese
Thank you. That is real helpfull. I have been adding equal amounts of micro / bloom / grow because that was what the bottle told me to do. I will definitely change that. I am also starting to think that the amount's recomended on the bottle is for growing with no other additives than micro / grow / bloom, so if I follow them and then add BigBud and Sensizym and CalMag, my EC will explode. They are running on tap water now (did since yesterday) and I will flush them with clean RO water today, and then change that for RO with a light nutrient mix (without Grow and CalMag)Sounds like a good plan right?

Ps. Should I still add BigBud and SensiZym?

Think twice about that.

here is the official advance nutrient calculator:

It is true that you can play with ratios. but honestly if you ask me this ain't for you at the moment. don't got the time right now to do the math with an's 3 part. but generally you wan't something like more N in veg and less N in flower but more p and much more k. several ratios will work. think about coco bro. really much less work. better taste, can be reused alot of times.

W

weedgirl

I have adjusted the EC to .70 MS. I will measure it again tomorrow to see if it's going up or down, and act accordingly.

I have managed to raise the temperature in the room to 25c but that makes my water in the system 24c as well, and I think that is too high (right?). I have dumped a 1½ liter bottle of frozen water in the reservoir to lower it a bit.

My PH is up to 6.5 but as I understand I should not adjust it while it's in 5.5 to 6.5 range.

Some pics from today. Some of them surely looks better than others. The last 2 pictures are from my old mother plant that I am flowing along side the Aeroflo.

P1010621.JPG

foodweek61.png

P1010622.JPG

P1010623.JPG

P1010624.JPG

P1010627.JPG

P1010628.JPG

P1010625.JPG

P1010626.JPG

ttystikk

ttystikk

I have adjusted the EC to .70 MS. I will measure it again tomorrow to see if it's going up or down, and act accordingly.

I have managed to raise the temperature in the room to 25c but that makes my water in the system 24c as well, and I think that is too high (right?). I have dumped a 1½ liter bottle of frozen water in the reservoir to lower it a bit.

My PH is up to 6.5 but as I understand I should not adjust it while it's in 5.5 to 6.5 range.

Some pics from today. Some of them surely looks better than others. The last 2 pictures are from my old mother plant that I am flowing along side the Aeroflo.

I can't give specific recommendations about EC, but .7 might be low. Your pH might be high in part because the EC is low.

The temps are doing better in your room, but you definitely want to do everything you can to keep the res. temperature down. Aim for 17 C, 18-19 would be acceptable to hold off the root rot.

W

weedgirl

My EC fell from .7 to .63 over 24h so I added some more nutrients.

I adjusted the EC to 1.06 ms and the PH is back at 5.5.

Water temperature is 72f (25c) now, but I will buy some 5 liter bottles and chuck in the freezer, and then the reservoir, to lower the temperature.

I may buy a water chiller when I get some more cash flow.

ttystikk

ttystikk

My EC fell from .7 to .63 over 24h so I added some more nutrients.

I adjusted the EC to 1.06 ms and the PH is back at 5.5.

Water temperature is 72f (25c) now, but I will buy some 5 liter bottles and chuck in the freezer, and then the reservoir, to lower the temperature.

I may buy a water chiller when I get some more cash flow.

I have a chiller to handle all my cooling needs, from RDWC systems to air in my growrooms to even chilling my ezcloner. I highly recommend them.

W

weedgirl

Update:
They are starting to dense up, after lowering the EC, adding a dehumidifier, and raising the temperature. They look allot better now and I am looking forward to posting the next set of pictures Saturday or Sunday. I added 30 liters of water today, and hopefully they can make it till Saturday on that.

The EC had gone up slightly today from 1.06 yesterday to 1.12. After adding 30 liter of water with a light nutrient mix, that water is now 1.09 ms and the ph is 6.3

My last issue is the 25c water water, but I bought four 15 liter water jugs that i put in the freezer. I plan to drop one or two in to the reservoir tomorrow to see if that helps. Hopefully they are frozen by tomorrow.

I was considering adding some homemade CO2 emitter, but I don't know if it's a waste when I got vortex fans replacing the air in the room anyway.

Ps. After reading up on homemade CO2 emitters, I decided against it. Proper ventilation is the way to go.

nuttso

nuttso

we will get you through this one. but honestly. think about what and how you will grow next time. after you fill your next reservoir with fresh ro. go up to 2.5 ec and study the next 2 days. if you add anything to your rez than only water. not water with more nutes. when you hit 50% of the starting water level, than it is time to change the rez. i would change it every 7 days.

W

weedgirl

Thanks nuttso, I will. And thanks for the advice.

What's the reason for not adding water with nuets, and only clean water, when topping up the reservoir?

Latest posts

Top Bottom