8k 5mp +Supersoil 2nd Grow

• Thread starter aleYarok
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Ale,
I'm trying to figure that one out myself. I got it on my 7 seedlings that are just on a top feed recirculating drip. H&G + cal mag plus at 700ppm. PH 5.7-6.4 (it raises in about 3-4 days). At first I thought it to be possibly PH. Then possibly a watering issue.I'm still not comfortable with the idea of the wet rockwool cube in the quick drying hydroton, so it is always a tossup as to which media to watch for moisture levels. I will shoot up a pic when I get a second with the camera.

-TF

aleYarok

aleYarok

im so worried now about this heat stress. turned the ac down a couple days ago as i noticed the top of canopy like 5" from the cool tubes was really hot.
still runing AN sensi + cal mag + right now they are at ~1200 ph 5.8 all week long.

i cant seem to fucking get rid of the mites.
im scared i have created super mites.
floramite worked for like a week.
tried a couple dr doom foggers.
no pest strip seems to be slowing them down.
next ill spray with some azamax i have left.
what next?? forbid?
luckily the mites dont really seem to like the bubba, only the soil plants.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Ale,
here are a couple of shots of my chem valley kush plants in veg.
WHat do you think? Similar, huh.

-TF

IMG 2067
IMG 2068
IMG 2069
TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Hey ale,
I think that 5 inches is too close for the cool tube to be to your plant if you don't want it to overheat. Try spacing it further away. See if the plants look happier the next day.

Have you tried predator mites or any other beneficial insects? I combated some mites about a year ago on a small grow 4x4 space, and 2 weeks to harvest to go. I cranked up the fans then later came back with a vacuum with a hose with a small tip. I sucked up as many mites as humanly possible (most were clinging to the tops, because of the windy conditions). Then I let loose a big batch of ladybugs. Must have been a 200 at least. It was insane. They took out the already weakened mite army, and got me to the finish.I would have gone for a more specific predator and I would think that the results would be even better, except it was just easier to grab the old standby at the nursery.

Seamaiden has a post talking about something similar, except green bamboo stakes were used, along with tons of fan circulation.The mites go to it in the heavy wind, thinking that it is a stronger stalk of the plant, and gather towards the tip. Then, they were wiped clean in one upward motion with a paper towel soaked in azmax or something like that. Repeat each day or as required till gone.

Sounds solid to me. Anyhow best of luck on that one.

-TF

H

HypnoToad

Looking good...really good. I know that Subcools super soil makes some good buds, but how is yield? Is there a big hit? Especially if you did a MPB run? Do you think Subcools soil would handle that alone without anything else?

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
your a breeder now... of mites

im so worried now about this heat stress. turned the ac down a couple days ago as i noticed the top of canopy like 5" from the cool tubes was really hot.
still runing AN sensi + cal mag + right now they are at ~1200 ph 5.8 all week long.

i cant seem to fucking get rid of the mites.
im scared i have created super mites.
floramite worked for like a week.
tried a couple dr doom foggers.
no pest strip seems to be slowing them down.
next ill spray with some azamax i have left.
what next?? forbid?
luckily the mites dont really seem to like the bubba, only the soil plants.

move the bulbs farther away or the plants farther away if needed. leaves can get fried if it is too hot. use your hand to feel the temps hear the leaves. if you cant hold your hand there it is too hot.
turning up the ac may not solve it.

mites:
you have to kill the entire life cycle of the mites.
eggs and adults. you cant just keep spraying floramite and expect them to die. you could be and probably are making the problem worse if there is no method to your madness.

One of the main reasons there is a pesticide resistance borg is because of people doing exactly what you are doing.

If you just keep spraying floramite, the mites can and will become stronger and more resistant to it.

few years ago floramite was an effective solution, scenarios like yours is how super mites are made stronger.

happy to help but have to ask a few questions

Did you ever read the directions for floramite?
Or you just read about it on the internet buy some and start spraying?

Maybe a better question is..
Did you even get any directions with the floramite?

Then explain the scenario of what you have done so far. Your statement do not have any reason to them, nor can tell what order you did things and how long you been doing them.

example: I saw mites, I spray floramite every day for3 days, then I use a doc doom fogger, then a day later used a pest strip.

Then can try and help you to become educated on how to properly get rid of mites.

aleYarok

aleYarok

move the bulbs farther away or the plants farther away if needed. leaves can get fried if it is too hot. use your hand to feel the temps hear the leaves. if you cant hold your hand there it is too hot.
turning up the ac may not solve it.

mites:
you have to kill the entire life cycle of the mites.
eggs and adults. you cant just keep spraying floramite and expect them to die. you could be and probably are making the problem worse if there is no method to your madness.

One of the main reasons there is a pesticide resistance borg is because of people doing exactly what you are doing.

If you just keep spraying floramite, the mites can and will become stronger and more resistant to it.

few years ago floramite was an effective solution, scenarios like yours is how super mites are made stronger.

happy to help but have to ask a few questions

Did you ever read the directions for floramite?
Or you just read about it on the internet buy some and start spraying?

Maybe a better question is..
Did you even get any directions with the floramite?

Then explain the scenario of what you have done so far. Your statement do not have any reason to them, nor can tell what order you did things and how long you been doing them.

example: I saw mites, I spray floramite every day for3 days, then I use a doc doom fogger, then a day later used a pest strip.

Then can try and help you to become educated on how to properly get rid of mites.
i cant move my plants or bulbs any further apart...
i can place my hands right on the cool tube, its warm/hot to touch but i can hold my hands there as long as i want

yeah i now know the mistakes i made with floramite.
got little oz bottle that came with instructions... 32 drops (1ml) to 1 gal something like that. didnt see any mites for a couple days. left for vaca for a week. came back and they where back. did the same spray again but the sprayer broke halfway through. got a new one a day later and resprayed again. still mites. looked online and realized the little instructions they gave me was a low dose and i should have been using more, and also lowered the PH before adding? i didnt think i had to spray every 3 days... just once in veg and its done?
i really dont know when i sprayed did these things, half of it has been me half my dad too but ill try and get as close as i can

~jan 6th first spray
~jan 10th-21st vacation
~jan 22nd second spray
~jan 23rd 3rd spray and first bomb
~jan 26th second bomb + no pest strip added

i figure i need like 3 different miticides and use a different one every 3 days?

do i need to get something like dm penetrator for foliar sprays?

the browning of the leaves seems to be getting worst, its taking over the whole leaf, and only the biggest fan leaves, starting with younger ones up top and going down?

T

Tdawg

Use some SNS217, a little bit pricey, but i knocked out my whole mites population.

You guys are feeding them a lil too strong, ill stay around 300-500ppm max.

U

UCtestn

the male outside away from the sealed room... still cant decided but i will prob end up killing it soon.

can anybody tell me whats wrong with my plants???

The rust spots look like magnesium, but with the mites, it may be bug damage.

The "taco look" is probably low humidity. perhaps the affected leaves are getting hit more with the fans then the non affected leaves. They curl up to protect the water in the leaves and prevent "sweating"

As for your mite problem, if you aren't in flower yet, hit them every three days with something different. Forbid, Floramite, avid and rotate them. Get an automizer if you can afford one. Once you have them under control, wait a month and start releasing lady bugs on a regular basis (twice a month)... good look

aleYarok

aleYarok

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11688
doesnt look like mg to me...
i did a foliar spray with calmag+ the other day and it didnt make any difference.
ppms was at 1200, backed off to 950 to see if maybe that its.

my room is around ~50% rh... i believe its just that cut of bubba from harborside.
that is how it has looked since we got the clones, the serrated edges curling up... none of the other strains are doing it.

im about to go into flower feb 1st... i think ill try at predator mites...

any advice on lady bugs??? i got 1500 for $10 last round last week of harvest... seemed like 300 didnt even make it out of the bag and just died... the others just seemed to escape the room. we did have lady bugs in our room for a month.

U

UCtestn

On the lady bugs... Spend $50 bucks and get 6,000 LoL

I see it as cheap insurance.

Interesting on you leaves curling.
If it isn't a deficiency, it'll be the bugs. It really looks like Cal/Mag to me. The damage won't go away, you just wont get it on the new growth. I'll follow the progress for sure.

Like the setup.

aleYarok

aleYarok

On the lady bugs... Spend $50 bucks and get 6,000 LoL

I see it as cheap insurance.

Interesting on you leaves curling.
If it isn't a deficiency, it'll be the bugs. It really looks like Cal/Mag to me. The damage won't go away, you just wont get it on the new growth. I'll follow the progress for sure.

Like the setup.
thanks bro

yeah the leaf curl is a bit odd, the bud tender at harborside even made a comment about it when we picked up the clones.
(asked if there was any chance it was the same vendor that i got bubba from back in sept and he told me they had a few bubba vendors and this cut was easy to identify by the curl

M

MediMary

hey brother ale, just checking in seeing how things are looking.
Sure you will tame these ladies right :)

sdgrower

sdgrower

can anybody tell me whats wrong with my plants???

Looks like nutrient lock out. Flush all of you plants with plain ph'd water and give them a few days and they will be back.
As far as mites. The best receipe I have found is using Safers End All II 3 times 3 days apart (9 total days) every month. Make sure you use Safers End All II. Its organic and it systematically kills both the mites AND their larvae. Azamax can handle any spot treatments in the meantime.
Avoid using Avid and Floramite if you can especially if you plan to provide others with your medicine.

As far as PM industrial dehumidifiers keeping your room at 40% rh or a little lower.
Good luck bro. Fight the good fight.
:animbong:

aleYarok

aleYarok

Looks like nutrient lock out. Flush all of you plants with plain ph'd water and give them a few days and they will be back.
As far as mites. The best receipe I have found is using Safers End All II 3 times 3 days apart (9 total days) every month. Make sure you use Safers End All II. Its organic and it systematically kills both the mites AND their larvae. Azamax can handle any spot treatments in the meantime.
Avoid using Avid and Floramite if you can especially if you plan to provide others with your medicine.

As far as PM industrial dehumidifiers keeping your room at 40% rh or a little lower.
Good luck bro. Fight the good fight.
:animbong:
i wont be using floramite anymore as im about to filp in a couple days. ill check out that Safers End All II thanks. do i need something like penetrator to add to for foliar sprays? im on a 24/7 veg should i spray with lights off?
the ac and cheapo used dehuey we got for $50 keeps our room at @50% or under =)

im about to flush in a couple days so hopefully that fixes the lock out. should i get some HG drip clean for the flush?

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
i cant move my plants or bulbs any further apart...
i can place my hands right on the cool tube, its warm/hot to touch but i can hold my hands there as long as i want

the browning of the leaves seems to be getting worst, its taking over the whole leaf, and only the biggest fan leaves, starting with younger ones up top and going down
It also could be the amount of lumens burning the plants. light bleaching/lumen shock. sometimes starts out looking like that.
if you go into the sun all day without being used to it, most people get sunburned. same thing can happen to plants.

Can also be made worse with too much wind.

Is there a fan blowing directly on the plants?

otherwise I am assuming your ph and feeding is on point.

yeah i now know the mistakes i made with floramite.
got little oz bottle that came with instructions... 32 drops (1ml) to 1 gal something like that. didnt see any mites for a couple days. left for vaca for a week. came back and they where back. did the same spray again but the sprayer broke halfway through. got a new one a day later and resprayed again. still mites. looked online and realized the little instructions they gave me was a low dose and i should have been using more, and also lowered the PH before adding? i didnt think i had to spray every 3 days... just once in veg and its done?
i really dont know when i sprayed did these things, half of it has been me half my dad too but ill try and get as close as i can

~jan 6th first spray
~jan 10th-21st vacation
~jan 22nd second spray
~jan 23rd 3rd spray and first bomb
~jan 26th second bomb + no pest strip added

i figure i need like 3 different miticides and use a different one every 3 days?

do i need to get something like dm penetrator for foliar sprays?
good deal. good to know and understand or else the problem can become worse.

rotate the product with others. once you saw the floramite did not work, then best to go to something else. continuing the floramite just helped the mites become more resistant to it.

residual means how long it lasts. floramite has a 21 day residual.

If you use , floramite, avid or forbid, best to use them once and rotate them.
can also combine them with neem, sns217, or azatrol to try and slow the mites down. the ns217 does kill adults and eggs, not cheap to use but is safer on your and the plants and does work.

you have to spray everywhere and clean, they are so small and easy to miss.
a good way to make sure they are toast is a attain tr bomb, then follow up 3 days later with the ipm rotation. (whether you choose organic based or pesticides same deal rotate them)

do make sure to be safe and get gloves suit goggle respirator if using pesticides.

most pesticides are not recommended for consumable products, so you need to male sure to use them way ahead of time to make sure there is not any residuals left in your buds.

usually using the rotation of products will knock em down and kill em before they get a chance to get used to it.

good luck, declare war on those mites. hope that helps.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
is there a difference between end all and end all II???
that is a pyrethrum product. will only annoy them maybe slow em down a little bit. imho, better off the the sns217 over that.

You may need to get nasty and declare war (forbid/avid) and kill them. adults and eggs both.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
yes spray with lights off. yes can use saturator or a wetting agent. (cocowet costs less than saturator)

sdgrower

sdgrower

is there a difference between end all and end all II???

Not sure. Probably a concentration difference. I like to us it because it is inexpensive and the 3 times over 9 days receipe has worked very well for me.
Cheers!

Top Bottom