8k 5mpb first grow

• Thread starter aleYarok
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
aleYarok

aleYarok

yes first grow ever! never even seen a growing/budding mj plant before my own.
do you guys think those are 1 lbers?
ill check out that post, ive read a lot on drying a curing, but actually doing it and this much at time is a whole nother story
and yeap the idea is the buckets are commerical and soil is our headstash. me and dad smoke quite a bit of weed. haha. also will be for friends and family

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

First grow. Sweet! You guys must be going just about nuts at this point then. Quite the rewarding feeling. Great for you and your pop. Have fun, and get help for the trim if you can.

aleYarok

aleYarok

First grow. Sweet! You guys must be going just about nuts at this point then. Quite the rewarding feeling. Great for you and your pop. Have fun, and get help for the trim if you can.
yeap basically. super stoked to have sooo much fucking dank.
and i have a couple friends to help with the trim.

aleYarok

aleYarok

got some updates for you all.
they are day 43 right now. was going to take them to 55 (thats what ive heard on blackberry kush) but based on the photos im already seeing quite a bit of amber on the blackberry and bubba... what do u guys think? should i start a 5 day flush tomorrow of 500ppm like DDs and just take these girls 5 more days? or stick to the orginal plan and not do start the 5 day flush till next friday and cut at 55 days.

photos
(wide shots where all taken 2 days ago, macro shot taken today, what a difference it makes with lights off and using flash. but a pain in the ass to have two tripod in the room, one for camera and one for flash)
1. bbk1
2. bbk2
3. bbk3
4. bbk4
5. bubba
6. caddy
7. lemon ogs LST vs no training
8. bbk
9. bbk
10. bbk
11. bbk (fucking crazy foxtailing!)
12. bubba in super soil
13. bubba
14. bubba
15. bubba
16. bubba
17. bubba
18. bubba
19. lemon og
20. lemon og
21. lemon og
22. caddy
23. caddy
24. caddy

the resin production and colors of each strain is just blowing me away. the caddy is getting super dark like greyish purp. blackberry and bubba are just straight purp. the bubba is like little balls of frosty dank, sooo fucking dense. and the trichs on the lemon looks like glass, they like extrude so far out.
cant believe the quality is this good on our first grow, now we just need to work on yield. im just completely blown away by these plants.

Bbk1
Bbk2
Bbk3
Bbk4
Bubba
Caddy
Lemonog
DSC 0620
DSC 0621
DSC 0622
DSC 0565
DSC 0579
DSC 0588
DSC 0592
DSC 0595
DSC 0596
DSC 0600
DSC 0602
DSC 0606
DSC 0614
DSC 0619
DSC 0628
DSC 0633
DSC 0637
E

easypleasie

You sure that's only 43 days? They look really close to being done for only 6 weeks. Do your mpb girls look more done than the bbk's in soil? The only time my kushes ever finished really early was when I stressed the shit out of them. Oddly, that was the most potent kush harvest i've had lol. I'd still let them go at least 8 weeks. Snip a sample bud and see how it smokes. Could help ya more with the next harvest.

aleYarok

aleYarok

yeap thats 43 days!! flip was oct 21.

i dont have any bbk in soil, just in the buckets. the bubba in soil also looks like i could be ready, but on the lemon og and caddy i still see quite a bit of clear so i know those need to go longer.

haha oh im sure somehow i stressed these bitches out.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Great looking pics there, Ale. The close ups are sweet.

Gives me something to look forward too in the near future.

-TF:evilgrin0013:

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Well, I say don't pick yet. You want to watch the trichromes every day, looking for the glands to show milky, and then starting amber. It's totally your preference on when to pick, between milky and more amber. I like easy's idea to take a sample at different ages to find a favorite pick time for the particular strain. I usually myself in the past looked for the first amber, and would start flushing.

aleYarok

aleYarok

if you look at the photos you can see amber heads!
one things is the amber doesnt look the same in other photos ive seen. ive seen the amber starts inside the trich head with like a little amber dot, maybe the amber im seeing is just a reflection?

i love the idea of taste testing nugs but its gonna take a couple weeks to dry and cure to test anyways... and plus these girls are still being pumped with nutes so it prob wouldnt taste to good anyways...

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I didn't see amber as much, but I will look again. I wonder about the possibility of flushing a single branch by cutting the branch, and putting the cut part into a glass of water for a week before trimming? Hmmm. If they were all done the same, it would be a fair test. I think I will try that when I figure out which pheno of the deadhead that I am keeping.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Ok, I do see some amber in there. It's not a lot, but I would keep a close watch on that factor. The amber that you have at day 43 is surprisingly early by a couple of week by my count. Possibly from stress factors. Who knows. I say a vigilant eye is your best friend. I heard that the mpb's flush faster than some other mediums. You know, run a low concentration of nutes for the last week instead of plain water. The soil plants you can give a flush on an individual basis of course. I'm jealous of all of your variety, man. Have fun.

aleYarok

aleYarok

ahh good idea about cola harvesting and flushing it with a cup a water. ive seen someone made colored buds buy doing this but with food coloring (made pretty buds be he said it didnt smoke good at all) so imagine the single cola will still suck the clean water up to be flushed.

i just got a 60-100x scope from radio shack today to check out my trichs. ill just keep looking every day. the nugs photographed where the tops of the outside colas so they should be maturing faster, with the scope ill be able to look at more nugs inside the plant that prob havent matured as fast.

yeah i know that they dont need a long flush, i remember DDs saying that these plants have a high metabolism from all the light + frothy nute solution. if they just had straight R/O they would get all crispy really fast. just gonna do 500ppm for 5 days like what DDs does.

aleYarok

aleYarok

these bitches are getting cut down RIGHT NOW! wahooooo!!!!
im FREAKING out.
only been planning this for a year!!! hahah
final photos coming soon.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Go Ale!

Congrats man. As Bossman said, if you make it to harvest your first run in MPB's you're doing great!

-TF

aleYarok

aleYarok

ffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
4 for us triming for 7 hours got 2/3rds of the way through ONE plant... granted it is the biggest plant, 2 of the other seem to be half the weight, and the 3rd is close to the big one but not quite...

Top Bottom