8k 5mpb first grow

• Thread starter aleYarok
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeross

mikeross

I really dont know anything about foliar spraying I am just going by what I experienced in my early stages of veg when I sprayed for bugs. My plants ended up looking exactly like yours. I figured it was because I sprayed with the lights on. I have done other foliar treatments starting to spray right at lights out... my plants do great.

Now as far as treating PM with foliar spray I have no clue... I have never heard about the advantages of spraying with the lights on for PM.

I cant understand how you can not burn your plants though spraying with the lights on, especially at the beginning of the light cycle... no matter what your treating for. If you have PM issue you should look into a sulfur burner. I have not experienced PM yet but some of my friends have burners in their room and they all have nothing but good things to say.

What type of medium where these teens in... how did the transplant into the MPB go for ya?

aleYarok

aleYarok

Shit looks nice bro very nice clean set up..Sucks about the clones going in to shock are u going to get new ones?Or just wing it???And I am not sure if u know this or not but just an FYI the yellow on the buckets u have their will attract Gnats and just a few of them can reproduce very quickly and will turn ur harvest to shit if u don't act fast trust me I learned the hard way..I am still new to this myself a few harvest only but with every one I have learned so much more each time and this was one of them nothing in my grow room is yellow but the fly type...And being as this is your 1st grow I thought I would share that with u so you can take care of that if you haven't already....Good luck!!!!

got teens today.
about the yellow... we where just waiting for the reflective stuff to come in the mail... its covered now

I really dont know anything about foliar spraying I am just going by what I experienced in my early stages of veg when I sprayed for bugs. My plants ended up looking exactly like yours. I figured it was because I sprayed with the lights on. I have done other foliar treatments starting to spray right at lights out... my plants do great.

Now as far as treating PM with foliar spray I have no clue... I have never heard about the advantages of spraying with the lights on for PM.

I cant understand how you can not burn your plants though spraying with the lights on, especially at the beginning of the light cycle... no matter what your treating for. If you have PM issue you should look into a sulfur burner. I have not experienced PM yet but some of my friends have burners in their room and they all have nothing but good things to say.

What type of medium where these teens in... how did the transplant into the MPB go for ya?

well im not seeing any signs of PM anymore, so no need to spray the plants anyways... it was really only the soil OGs on the ground that got it and i sprayed them good the same time i lightly sprayed the bubbas cuz 3 had small spots of PM(the bubbas are higher up way closer to the light than the soil plants on the ground which is why i guess they didnt burn)

they are in 3gal pots of coco. already has a nice root mass, can just pull the plant out and all the coco just stays together..
so we cut like 2" off the bottom of the buckets and they fit perfectly down into the net pots. there is still a good 1-2" of stones above the water level before the coco root mass (its still in the bucket (to hold the coco in) just with the bottom cut off) just sits on top of the stones in the netpot

hope that makes sense... ill get some photos up tomorrow

aleYarok

aleYarok

ok so these suckers are already 2 1/2 footers. hopefully they get a nice root system and dont stretch too much before we flip, what do you guys think? im thinking the roots should be popping in a couple days, they where starting to get root bound in the coco pots. i know dizzle flipped his bbk at 3 ft but if these dont have a good root system in the buckets by then should i still flip or wait till they get more roots in the buckets?
how should i train these? i started to open the plants up so hopefully they become nice and bushy...

help me avoid lumen shock with these girls...
bulbs are up as high as they can go, the bottom of the bulbs are aligned with the very tops of the girls
here are my lights
1 2
x3x
4x5
x6x
7 8

9/19 - 1,2,7,8 @ 1k
9/20 - 1,2,7,8 @ 750 | 4,5 @ 600 (wanted to spread the light out more)
tomorrow - 1,2,3,6,7,8 @ 750??
what next?
he said they where under 1800 w (im guessing 3 x 600w?) was ready to get rid of them because they where too tall for his veg station and almost touching the light (he pointed out they have slight leaf burn on the tops)

in one of the photos you can see the 3 bubbas saved transplanted to soil, the one has been really happy and never really lost its colors like the others... but the others now are getting their color back. they where looking really pale.

also note the OGoo in the topsy turvy, it really has exploded with growth and has hardly stretched at all!

DSC 0321
DSC 0322
DSC 0323
DSC 0324
DSC 0325
DSC 0326
DSC 0328
DSC 0329
DSC 0330
DSC 0331
DSC 0332
aleYarok

aleYarok

any idea how much too be giving these girls?
bulbs are up as high as they can go, the bottom of the bulbs are aligned with the very tops of the girls
here are my lights
1 2
x3x
4x5
x6x
7 8

9/19 - 1,2,7,8 @ 1k
9/20 - 1,2,7,8 @ 750 | 4,5 @ 600 (wanted to spread the light out more)
9/21 - 1,2,7,8 @ 750 | 3,6 @ 600
9/22 - 1,2,4,5,7,8 @ 750
9/23 - what next?

mango420

mango420

Hey, nice setup with the mpbs. Just curious why your lights are so high? Ive read almost all the info from dds on these setups and im pretty sure you want the bulbs right beside the plants. It looks like your plants have streched quite alot and im not surprised with the distance your lights are from the plants. Im sure they can handle full side lighting by now. With putting the lamps right beside the plants it will encourage them to bush out latterly instead of straight up and build a bigger plant. hope that helps

B

biggs

dam bro, thats a killa setup. really like the hanging plant. great idea, can't wait to see how it turns out. good luck with it bro.

aleYarok

aleYarok

lights are high because DDs (and everyone else) recomends running them at the top when you introduce new plants into the room. i know these "teens" are massive but they have only been in the room for 6 days now, dont want to lumen shock them like i did the last baby clones. should i still lower them? im also kind of worry they might bush out too much. our centers are 46-48", shorter than i believe what most MPBers are running.

the roots just starting poking out of the hydroton in the netpot. should be lots of rooms swimming in a couple days (i hope). then once there are a ton of roots but the plants arnte too big we'll flip... the guy we bought them from said 4 weeks till flip, so like 3 more but i think they will be way to big. i hope another week after the roots hit will be good?

also, had the greatest fucking day at the hemp expo. after getting a nug of chernobyl and talking with sub about photography tips and working with hightimes, i didnt think it could get much better than that. but today... well i think it needs its own thread. tomorrow im going back to take photos and receive my prize from sub =)

mango420

mango420

I would lower them gradually, like one per day and watch the plants closely for heat stress or lumen shock. You would deff be fine for room if u bushed them out more. Cant wait to see these babys flowering, good luck man!

F

fiftythree33

aleYarok,

I had a lot of issues with my clones in 100% hydroton and would guess that was part of the problems you were having... Unless you were top feeding 24/7 or flooding the entire net basket you probably weren't providing enough water/food. Especially with that much light...

Hope these "teens" do better for you...

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

aleYarok: Organocide is fish and sesame oils. The oils are what really burn the plant up when the lights are on. It's actually the bulb heat that causes it and not the bright light. They get an almost transparent yellow color.

FYI... check into a sulfur burner because the bubba likes to powered her self up hard at night.

Good luck with the new cuts brother.

aleYarok

aleYarok

havent updated in a while so here it is...
basically everything that could go wrong probably has. learned a lot from this grow and ready to rock the second one when its time. before flipping these girls i was little worried (right now i couldnt be happier and really proud of ourselves). during veg they got attacked by root aphids and spidermites simultaneously.

i also think the center plant got fusarium... although its supposed to be a 2-3 day death (https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=188414) the center plant had been slowly dying since the flip, we finally decided to pull it a couple days ago (today is day 33), wasnt looking like it was going to make it all the fan leaves wilted and it was covered in mites!! i havent seen them since veg so down it went. sad because it was our biggest plant before flip. before we chopped it down it looked like it had half the weight on it as the others plants, scrapped what i could to make some oil.

first photo is the dying plant taken on 11-11 (sorry not a great photo, but u get the idea) since the chop we moved 2 soil plants in its place. one of them is one of the original bubbas from the MPBs that almost died from lumen shock, saved it and put it in soil. it recovered and started growing nicely was about half the size as the other soil plants when i transplanted it again into a bigger pot (with subcools super soil, i had one pot of this as i won it from subcool, with out a doubt the best way to go, this bubba looks super happy and all i have to do is water her, i since have made my own batch of subs super soil for next round (with a bunch of tga gear but thats another thread)) and the second plant now sitting by the bubba in the center is a lemon og that got LSTed, u can see how much bigger it is than the other lemon ogs.

the soil plants look a bit defiencent but i am giving them full streangth general organics biothrive and biobud. not a nice green like the bubba in super soil, but still dank non the less. the Cadillac is ridiculously frosty and the lemon og looks like it has shards of glass broken all over it.

pictures day 33
1 sick plant (10/10)
2 bubba in super soil
3 bubba
4 caddy
5 caddy
6 caddy
7 lemon og
8 lemon og
9 lemon og (LSTed bitch)
10 lemon og
11-20 blackberry kush

ive heard 55 days for blackberry kush so that puts us at dec 15th. with a 5 day flush (500ppm) i need to start on the 10th...
now my question is what if it doesnt look ready on the 15th? but ive already been flushing for 5 days?
i know in soil it isnt a problem because u flush for 2 weeks, but with MPBs they flush so quickly i dont want them to crumble up before its ready.

wow that was a long post, kudos to whoever reads the whole thing
any guess on weight? would be really stoked to get a # per tree.

Dead11 11
Bubba1
Bubba2
Caddy1
Caddy2
Caddy3
Og1
Og2
Og3
Og4
DSC 0313
DSC 0315
DSC 0319
DSC 0340
DSC 0350
DSC 0351
DSC 0355
DSC 0361
DSC 0366
DSC 0368
TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Ale,
Sorry to hear about your hurdles this run. Keep your chin up, and make sure that this run's problems have been at least learning experiences. As far as when to flush, don't start flushing till they look pretty much ready to clip.

aleYarok

aleYarok

yeap. im glad to have made it this far and have so many fat sticky buds. walking into that room is like walking into heaven.

the mpb forum is becoming pretty dead, heh?

as far as flush here is a quote from DD (have a word file of quotes from threads)
"every leaf will be brown and crispy if you go 7 days mate. All my gardens dont even get straight ph water anymore. The last 5 days i run 500 ppm's of bloom a & b.
theres to much light to run plain water. All my patients cant beleive, some still dont beleive that i run hydro, they say its the best tasting organic.... lol"
will still flush and give straight RO right before chop to really flush em out

one of the plants seems to be maturing faster than the others? is this normal? there are no more white hairs, and its already starting turn a nice shade of purple =)

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Ale,
yep, the mpb forum is getting to be a ghost town.
It is completely possible to have a plant mature a little faster or slower than it's sisters.
You should just tale that one first, while the others stay a little longer.
Keep up the good work.

-TF

aleYarok

aleYarok

Ale,
yep, the mpb forum is getting to be a ghost town.
It is completely possible to have a plant mature a little faster or slower than it's sisters.
You should just tale that one first, while the others stay a little longer.
Keep up the good work.

-TF
sounds good.
will be nice to be able to take one plant down a day or two early. we have never done this before so it will give us an idea of how to cut her down and trim/dry

aleYarok

aleYarok

got some new strains for next run =)
in the buckets will be bubbas (diff cut than i had last run) (will prob go back to blackberry kush after, clones just arnte ready for buckets)
then for soil plants i have from last run:
2 OGoo
2 BBK
2 Cadiliac
2 Jack the Ripper
(lost the lemon og and bubba, hope the new bubba is just as dank, the one bubba i have in super soil right now just look absolutely fucking amazing)
got some seeds from TGA (still a month away from sexing?):
5 vortex
5 pink lady testers
4 cheesequake
and the rest of clones i got from harborside going into soil:
2 FIRE OG!
2 sfv og
2 Chemdog 91
2 jilly bean
2 rom x grapefruit
SOOO STOKED to have so many strains (variety is the spice of life) and cant wait too try that FIRE

E

easypleasie

That's a lot of strains to be running at once! Good luck, bro. It's a lot of work catering to so many different strains and their needs. You're gonna be busy as hell lol!

aleYarok

aleYarok

i dont really mind, i love seeing how different strains grow and figuring out what i like.
and all these bitches are just going into subs super soil anyways. virtually no maintenance, just water.
each pot is supposed to get 1/3 - 1/2 super soil (maybe even more if its super heavy feeder)
so any ideas on which strains are heavy feeders?
i know from sub jilly bean and cheesequake should get 1/2 and vortex will be good with a 1/3rd

hopefully in a year or two ill have 20 of each of these strains =)

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Ale,
I forget, was this run your first MPB or first grow period? If you haven't checked it out already, I would check out DJ Short's post on drying and curing. Good stuff there.

Looks like you got a full house now, with all those strains.

With that much variety, I would have to buy a wine fridge to keep all of my vacuum sealed samples of herb, just for head stash :D

Top Bottom