A Month In On 8 Gelato

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

Just found the answer. There's not much info on using Masterblend online.

Up to bloom you use 12g fert, 12g cal, 6g Epsom but in bloom your supposed to change it to 12g, 6g, 6g. So I'm burning the tips with to much calcium and nitrate N.

I'll flush tomorrow and try the new mix at 2.0 ec but can't do much more than that for now.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Just found the answer. There's not much info on using Masterblend online.

Up to bloom you use 12g fert, 12g cal, 6g Epsom but in bloom your supposed to change it to 12g, 6g, 6g. So I'm burning the tips with to much calcium and nitrate N.

I'll flush tomorrow and try the new mix at 2.0 ec but can't do much more than that for now.

Cool, are those numbers just for dwc? I've had my masterblend just sitting here for a while without trying it. I'm running coco though so just wondering.

S

Shawnery

Yes for rdwc but I've read another thread on some site from start to finish and he used the same numbers for coco and it had photos but don't count on it, it was only one post.

Junk

Junk

Another thing that is strange about these girls is the way the roots grew. Instead of having tiny hairs just brushing out of the net cup there's only a few large roots that then break up into small hairs.

The issue is that my girls have very little root strength and have all fallen over at the bottom and then grew back up, I just never noticed till now. The first grow I did the roots were all the way at the top of the net cup and made the plants sturdy. This time there is absolutely zero roots traveling to the top of the net cup.
That sort of root development is normal.

Aside from strain differences, if u want more roots, u need larger net pots, root booster in the beginning, and top feed doesn't hurt. In dwc a scrog is helpful, otherwise u r constantly dealing with floppy plants.

U r growing huge plants in a tiny net pot. Mine net pots r 8" and my plants are nowhere near as large as yours. Your roots have very little to secure to and huge plants to stabilize. U have to fix those ratios, and....u have to support the plants somehow. They r going to get super heavy.

S

Shawnery

I've used zipties around the stem pulling in the opposite direction of their leaning. I secured the zipties by drilling holes in the lid edge, no hole into bucket so no light to worry about. Hopefully that will do the job.

Strange because last grow it was completely different in terms of root growth. My roots filled the entire net pot. When I was done I just threw them away it was so much like a rock.

S

Shawnery

They're like water logged an heavy. Really weird. Same thing I've always done and then this. Maybe they were dry for to long and drank up to much at once...I sure hope this isn't the end. If they die I'm quitting growing!

S

Shawnery

Plants recovered but a good 5 to 10 percent of the leaves got damaged.

We'll see where it goes from here.

S

Shawnery

I screwed up yesterday and lost some leaves and hopefully not to much.
When I flushed and refilled I used ph down instead of up and burnt some leaves.
Hopefully not enough to really screw them up but we will see.
It's amazing that the ph being off for about 10 min did so much damage. Guess that's the bad and the good of hydro all wrapped up into one.

Note to self!
Don't be in a rush when working on my green girls!

DismalDude

DismalDude

I screwed up yesterday and lost some leaves and hopefully not to much.
When I flushed and refilled I used ph down instead of up and burnt some leaves.
Hopefully not enough to really screw them up but we will see.
It's amazing that the ph being off for about 10 min did so much damage. Guess that's the bad and the good of hydro all wrapped up into one.

Note to self!
Don't be in a rush when working on my green girls!
Damn,that escalated quickly!Glad you're all over it. ;)

S

Shawnery

Considering I'm in flowering phase do you guys think I should remove any of the leaves that were damaged by the ph fluctuation

S

Shawnery

Got to treat tonight for wpm. I've been using h202 or cider vinegar but then it's back every other day. It worked well when they were smaller. I'm picking up a sulfur burner on Wednesday but does anyone have a better suggestion then h202 or vinegar that's ok in flowering?

Only in week

S

Shawnery

All I know is it's super bushy and now that I know you probably don't need to top it. It was already growing like a Bush before I topped it. Topping it just made it really thick as in many many branches.

jammie

jammie

hey there Shawnery, just stumbled on this post. Bought some gelato33 beans for next grow so wishing you the best. I'm a long time 5gallon dwc grower.

Top Bottom