Abominable Snowman and Foo Dog Getting a female touch !!

• Thread starter Medusa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tywon

tywon

never seen anyone grow a plant upside down..... very interesting. If I were you I would make sure im taking the shoots off and supercropping every 4-5 days to grow nice big healthy plants. now that I think about it ive never seen anyone use rockwool in a cloner before. Very impressive work... Ya learn something new everyday !!! Great job all around and love the nails heheh Cheers

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
never seen anyone grow a plant upside down..... very interesting. If I were you I would make sure im taking the shoots off and supercropping every 4-5 days to grow nice big healthy plants. now that I think about it ive never seen anyone use rockwool in a cloner before. Very impressive work... Ya learn something new everyday !!! Great job all around and love the nails heheh Cheers
Thanks @tywon yep she got a trim job yesterday..the rockwool works for me to sprout seeds,,thanks for looking!

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
@loompa When time could you give me your thought on selfing ? Is it the best way to get a male out of a feminised female? or finding a male? Thanks M

Last edited:
BeenBurned

BeenBurned

Skillz M...I am looking forward to the flowers.
Lovely plants, and claws.:hungry: 18-6?

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
No pics of but pheno 3 and 5 the most stout and short of the snowman .. just cloned ... were on our way ! Week 4 in veg of
Upside down lemon dojoww x star pheno7 001
Upside down lemon dojoww x star pheno7 002
my experiment

BeenBurned

BeenBurned

Thats great...Well, when it flowers you will not have to support the bulk... lol
The heat is finally on in the N.W. Have a good day.

JAWS

JAWS

@loompa When time could you give me your thought on selfing ? Is it the best way to get a male out of a feminised female? or finding a male? Thanks M

i'm still confused here, you will never get a male with fems and/or s1.

unless its a freak, i've seen ppl get a male from a pack of fem/s1 but the case is usually some stray pollen from another and not a true male.

peace:)

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
i'm still confused here, you will never get a male with fems and/or s1.

unless its a freak, i've seen ppl get a male from a pack of fem/s1 but the case is usually some stray pollen from another and not a true male.

peace:)
No worries @JAWS I put that ? in the garbage where it belongs ! Like I said gonna find a male thru pheno searching the same strain then knock her up ! I am gonna look good in that shirt Bud Happy day today M

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter

Medusa, that is a great question. Now I am going to admit that I am not an expert breeder in terms of the science. Technically selfing just passes the female chromosome cause there is no " Y " chromosome. So to get a male off selfed seeds is impossible. At the same time I have seen males come off selfed beans, so to be honest, I dont know the exact science. Most probably it has to do with what JAWS said, but in the end, I dont really know. I can tell you I used a selfed male in those beans I worked years ago that went by the name Emperer. There were some nice females that came out of the progeny, but ultimately I didnt like the plant structures and so I opted to ultimately use a male with no genetic relationship with OG. It was alot easier to then isolate and find the desireable plants and weed out the traits I didn't like. So I can't give you the science, but I can give you my experience and my process to finding the right pairing of individuals to breed with to accomplish any given goal. All my knowledge is just based on doing it and watching results, taking notes and selecting carefully for specific traits and watching the outcome. So Im by no means a "master" breeder. I just know good herb, know what I look for in good herb, as a smoker and a grower and make my decisions based on the info I have.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Medusa, that is a great question. Now I am going to admit that I am not an expert breeder in terms of the science. Technically selfing just passes the female chromosome cause there is no " Y " chromosome. So to get a male off selfed seeds is impossible. At the same time I have seen males come off selfed beans, so to be honest, I dont know the exact science. Most probably it has to do with what JAWS said, but in the end, I dont really know. I can tell you I used a selfed male in those beans I worked years ago that went by the name Emperer. There were some nice females that came out of the progeny, but ultimately I didnt like the plant structures and so I opted to ultimately use a male with no genetic relationship with OG. It was alot easier to then isolate and find the desireable plants and weed out the traits I didn't like. So I can't give you the science, but I can give you my experience and my process to finding the right pairing of individuals to breed with to accomplish any given goal. All my knowledge is just based on doing it and watching results, taking notes and selecting carefully for specific traits and watching the outcome. So Im by no means a "master" breeder. I just know good herb, know what I look for in good herb, as a smoker and a grower and make my decisions based on the info I have.
Just appreciate your knowledge ! Pretty much decided to hang that idea up and find a male thats worthy of her.. Thank you @loompa and thanks to my my bud with the big teeth @JAWS for always helping me out what a little devil that one is ;)
Shoes flag

Latest posts

Top Bottom