About to get into growing, could use some advice

• Thread starter Tofta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

climbit

I'm already near 40 inches and under the power setting suggestion, also other strains have shown signs of stretching. Wonder if this is from the 24/0 light schedule and a few weeks of RO without calmag?
Dam I could never get behind the 24/0 light cycle. Imagine you had to work 24 hours a day bro. You would be cooked. I know for a fact I’d be. I’m not an experienced grower, even still 24 hours of straight work, I’d bet not even a robot could do.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Good looking out! It should take at least 90 days unless I'm mistaken, I know the Columbus flavor band is in the same situation and it takes 90 days for reversal since they voted to reverse it. If that's the case my harvest will be well before any changes can be made. If it goes down to 6 I'll have to Jumpstart my transition over to photos instead of autos.
You in Ohio? Last I checked it is 6 plants per adult up to 12 plants total per household. Are they changing that to 6 total per household?

Sunasun

Sunasun

I'm already near 40 inches and under the power setting suggestion, also other strains have shown signs of stretching. Wonder if this is from the 24/0 light schedule and a few weeks of RO without calmag?
Cold water can do that too as pH fluctuates with water temperature. What temperature is your water?

T

Tofta

Cold water can do that too as pH fluctuates with water temperature. What temperature is your water?
Very well could be the water temp, a few 3am waterings that very well could have been colder than normal. Ideally room temp is around 74 and I try to keep water in a room that runs a little hotter than that.

T

Tofta

You in Ohio? Last I checked it is 6 plants per adult up to 12 plants total per household. Are they changing that to 6 total per household?
Yes 12 plants per household as of now. Apparently they might change that down the road. Hopefully I think I will be well past harvest if any changes where to occur.

S

scotty2hotty

i doubt they will send anyone to verify how many plant you grow at home...

i hate thoose plant limitation laws they are plain stupid ...
Me too! As far as someone coming around, most likely depends on where you live. Got a ton of redneck cops in my hood, who would definitely love to ruin someone's day. Thankfully things are progressing...maybe in another 50 years, unlimited grows, like home brew! Until then happy gardening.

T

Tofta

Gave them a nice top dressing of coast of maine fish bone meal ahead of their watering later today. Definitely starting to see a uptick in their thirst.

20240208 230357
T

tgpeters

That was grown outside, wasn't it? Yield is usually more for outside growers. I'm curious though, was that 80 ounces weighed wet or dry? I'm only asking because the bud in the bucket looks like it was before drying.
My bad, I misspoke. This grow was all auto flowers. The huge harvest from 1 plant was an auto. My bad for typing photo.

T

tgpeters

Hi, For the newbies - please don't assume hydro is "too" hard. It's not. I love hydro, and have grown a ton of weed both hydro and in soil.
Just to show a quick Hydro plant, this young plant grew just over 13 inches in 6 or 7 days. I can't remember if the stick was added on Friday or Saturday. Anyway the stick marks where the plant was 6 days ago. This is a Sour Bubble - Indica. Via Hydro, I've never seen growth like this in soil. Not even close. If you can run a PH test and pay attention to PPM (just follow MFG recipe and stay on the light side / mid size) water every hour or so, more often when plants are young. you probably won't screw it up. I use a Dutch bucket concept with 3 gallon buckets and perlite. I'll try moving to storage containers (they are lower) or rockwool slabs. Some auto's get really tall, needing string to hold the plants down.

You will be impressed with how fast everything grows.

20240209 090345
Last edited:
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

Canna Fu
Supporter
Canna.....the more posts I read of yours, the more I'm loving you......haha.....

But seriously.......autos are more finicky and like canna said, if you screw up in the least possible way, the yield will suffer dramatically......

I just like knowing that I have a little more time to fix an error with photos.....

That, and you can keep the strain going forever if you like the traits that it possesses.....autos are 1 and done, even if that plant is the most phenomenal plant you ever grew or smoked....

I won't knock autos because I kinda grow them also, but photos for the win in my book!
Thank you ! @Bilber would have to say the same right back at you , you are good people ✌

ReallyOldDude

ReallyOldDude

Today marks the start of week 5. Some good growth and a bunch of flower points coming through
Your tent looks like mine wire wise lol. I had to put a power strip in my tent too! Then all the control wires etc.

Top Bottom