About to get into growing, could use some advice

• Thread starter Tofta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tofta

Tons of bud spots poking through! Went ahead and brought the tent down to 10 plants. Surprisingly there was a heavier smell during mid/late veg state then now.

20240216 003413
20240215 051830
20240215 052230
20240216 003348
S

SnoopingAsUsualI

Tons of bud spots poking through! Went ahead and brought the tent down to 10 plants. Surprisingly there was a heavier smell during mid/late veg state then now.
That's actually a great looking plant. The smell depends on terpenes so during the plant getting cooked their content may differ so that's probably why the smell became lighter...

B

Ben123

You have some deficiency. the jagged serenaded edged are going up wards. Might have an a slight humidity issue or the light is too close. This your first grow? Your leds might be too close and too much heat and intensity from a new light. Looks like you’re in middle week 2 or beginning of week flower, go ahead and defoliate bottom 1/3 and remove huge fan leaves covering bud sites.

T

Tofta

You have some deficiency. the jagged serenaded edged are going up wards. Might have an a slight humidity issue or the light is too close. This your first grow? Your leds might be too close and too much heat and intensity from a new light. Looks like you’re in middle week 2 or beginning of week flower, go ahead and defoliate bottom 1/3 and remove huge fan leaves covering bud sites.
It's a humidity issue should be corrected in the next few days.

G

gegill70

I appreciate the defoliating tip. I am always hesitant to trim during budding because opinions vary SO much. Some say it will wreck your grow while other say similar to your tip or even trim it all except for the top fan leaves. I am trimming more and more and have yet to have adverse reaction.

B

Ben123

I appreciate the defoliating tip. I am always hesitant to trim during budding because opinions vary SO much. Some say it will wreck your grow while other say similar to your tip or even trim it all except for the top fan leaves. I am trimming more and more and have yet to have adverse reaction.

B

Ben123

Well what I noticed the next day after defo, my plants seem to love the hair cuts. The leaves stick straight upwards towards the light the next day and turn lush green. It’s all up to preference to the person. Those leaves carry major water and lots of humidity and pest issues. The leaves on the outer side of the plant I always leave on that’s not covering bud sites. Ever since I started defo I never again had issues with white flies or spider mites ever again. You will notice the nodes that’s once covered will grow tall and even out with your canopy and will produce more.

Last edited:
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Healthy plants handle removal of leaves well. I was also hesitant to prune my plants when I started growing. Practice helps. So does watching and learning how these plants grow. You're so right about opinions. Maybe there are so many because there are many ways to prune, and most of them work well. I use the word "prune" because managing how a plant grows involves more than removing fan leaves. It can also involve removal of tops and branches.

B

Ben123

Healthy plants handle removal of leaves well. I was also hesitant to prune my plants when I started growing. Practice helps. So does watching and learning how these plants grow. You're so right about opinions. Maybe there are so many because there are many ways to prune, and most of them work well. I use the word "prune" because managing how a plant grows involves more than removing fan leaves. It can also involve removal of tops and branches.
There’s many ways to skin a 🐈. It definitely helps for me imo. What may work for me may not work for others.

T

Tofta

Plants are really starting to look great, can't thank you all enough!

Doing a light watering later today and one last mix of fish bone meal and a tiny bit of phosphorus for the final feeding (soil should be built up). Water wise: alternation of RO with calmag and tap water and last week and a half/2 weeks before harvest flush with perhaps with the molasses method?
Thanks again for all your help. This is an awesome group!

20240218 021127
20240218 020540
20240218 020447
B

Ben123

Plants are really starting to look great, can't thank you all enough!

Doing a light watering later today and one last mix of fish bone meal and a tiny bit of phosphorus for the final feeding (soil should be built up). Water wise: alternation of RO with calmag and tap water and last week and a half/2 weeks before harvest flush with perhaps with the molasses method?
Thanks again for all your help. This is an awesome group!
Try top dressing with silica from power si. The stuff is great.

T

Tofta

Got their last top dressing of fish bone meal and a half dose of raw phosphorus in the water to given them a little extra jolt for flowering. Plants have reacted well to the feeding and will begin creeping up to 18 hours 100% light power and 6 hours at 80%

20240221 130549
20240221 130457
T

Tofta

Day 49: Currently have 4 plants at this stage with 5 maybe 1 or 2 weeks behind, despite same germination date ( stunted flower growth or late bloomers?) Northern lights definitely has a pepper smell to the buds and they seem to be stacking trichomes pretty well.

20240226 011851
20240226 011839
Screenshot 20240226 012528 Messenger
Top Bottom