Accurate Information About Autoflowering Plants

• Thread starter Seraphim19
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Not much risk anymore as long as it is a reputable seedbank and you arent buying 5k worth of seeds every 2 months you dont have much to worry about. Just about the only way you are gonna get your seeds taken by customs is if they randomly open your box for customs check or if a dog alerts on your package. Both are highly unlikely but it could happen. My advise would be to not order too much at once. Losing a few seeds to customs would suck, losing hundreds of dollars worth of seeds would be much worse.

C

coloRAD0

Yeah makes sense. I'm surprised I couldn't find anyone in Colorado selling them. One dispensery's website said something to the effect of ....... We only carry the highest quality cannabis so we do not offer autoflower seeds..... After reading this thread and looking at some of the journals online i dont see why they arent a lot more popular for personal grows.

On another note... How many can I fit in a 4x2 space without them invading each other's space? I was thinking 3 gal pots/bags. Hoping to get taller, narrow ones. Is 6 out of the question?

str8smokn

str8smokn

Thanks. Any specific strains you would recommend that are pretty beginner friendly?

There really isn't a beginner type of Autos ,they all act about the same..
They are touchy though so take your time..
Dinafem are good,Paradise seeds are good ,those are two that have good results I know of.
But there's tons of them out there now. It's always good to try some smaller breeders also.
STR8

Darkstreets

Darkstreets

i cant wait to give autos a try for my next grow, next round will be all autos no photos ill see what i get but they fit my work schedule alot better then photos do!

str8smokn

str8smokn

Yeah makes sense. I'm surprised I couldn't find anyone in Colorado selling them. One dispensery's website said something to the effect of ....... We only carry the highest quality cannabis so we do not offer autoflower seeds..... After reading this thread and looking at some of the journals online i dont see why they arent a lot more popular for personal grows.

On another note... How many can I fit in a 4x2 space without them invading each other's space? I was thinking 3 gal pots/bags. Hoping to get taller, narrow ones. Is 6 out of the question?

I would say 3 in that space,but maybe 4.
STR8

Darkstreets

Darkstreets

ill start with 10 under the 1kw and if i like what im getting, the following grow ill double the wattage with 2 magnum xxxl hoods and run 30-40 of them (whatever will fill my 12x12 room leaving me a lil room to walk around and water them!)

C

coloRAD0

You could grow 40 autos in that space, we are doing an auto in a solo cup grow off right now.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/auto-in-a-cup-grow-off-thread.77515/
How many solo cups fit in a 4x2 area?
The better question is how much flowers can I get growing in a solo cup haha.
There really isn't a beginner type of Autos ,they all act about the same..
They are touchy though so take your time..
Dinafem are good,Paradise seeds are good ,those are two that have good results I know of.
But there's tons of them out there now. It's always good to try some smaller breeders also.
STR8

Thanks. From what I've seen on the forums it seems like if you are giving them a lot of attention you can catch problems early and correct them with a little help. There's a lot of really good stuff here in Colorado but Im ready to taste the fruits of my own labor.

str8smokn

str8smokn

I don't blame you there..^^^^^^^^
We all like our own fruit. It's cleaner..
STR8

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Royal queen seeds has an auto called easybud, supposedly the easiest to grow auto, similar to white dwarf. Potent with good taste

C

coloRAD0

Royal queen seeds has an auto called easybud, supposedly the easiest to grow auto, similar to white dwarf. Potent with good taste
I don't want it to be too easy :D.

When you used the OSS company you mentioned, did you pay the extra $10 for stealth shipping?

G

greengurl

Hey str8smokn, I was wondering about when you had given advice about flushing if you're usin a 3 gallon plant to use 9 gallons to flush it. I'm not sure I understand, you said to put the plant in a tub and just start pouring but im kinda of nervous.....did you really mean it the way I took it...dont want to drown the plant. Also that was at 7 weeks....you gave this advice to flush..im comin up on week 8....so i think i should have been flushed but i was workin on my cal-mag problem... Speakin of I think shes doin better the newer leafs look great but some of the older, larger fan leafs have not recovered. Ill post a pic so you can see what im sayin....... oh by the way I used some dolomite lime, for the cal-mag deficiency just fyi.

i got myseeds from MSNL they about 2 1/2 weeks

str8smokn

str8smokn

Yes to flush ,you will put in the bath tub . If a 3gal pot ,use 9 gal of water( hence the bath tub) .i would add two gallons let sit for a couple minutes,then hit with the rest of it pouring slowly so you don't wash away any dirt from the top. Let it sit and drain out then put back in room.
If you flood at once it will not drown the plant,just don't do if she is still wet from last feeding.
STR8

Panacea79

Panacea79

I ordered from http://original-ssc.com and they came to the us just fine. Now would be the best time to order from any seedbank. Increased holiday shipping makes it harder for customs to confiscate seeds.
I second the OSSC suggestion. They have seeds from most off the more well known breeders (i.e. Royal Queen, DinaFem, Nirvana, etc) and I've never had a problem with shipping. I've ordered about 4 times from them and a)got them every time and b) the germination rates (although they do depend on breeder) were good. Btw, I'm speaking from the standpoint of living stateside and I've only ordered Auto Feminized seeds. Germ rates somewhere around 75-80%

G

GeniusOnDrug

Hey fellow farmer
This my first grow ever doing it in a spacebucket i built useing 3 cfl lights 2x100w 1x150w im about 25 days in to my dwarf low flyer from crop king seeds also have there candi cane auto
This girl must be flowering bit i dunno she kinda stopet at 7 inch tall and began to bud i think smells not to bad i did give her some nute for flower bit not to much im useing medi kit but i think my biggest problem is my set up with only 3 inch of soil in a 5 gal bucket let me know what you guys think please tell me if im doing something wrong
20160118 075247 HDR
20160118 074911

str8smokn

str8smokn

Three inchs isn't deep enough, is my opinion. She needs a deeper pot.
It's too late now so do what you can with her.
The pics look good so far , your doing well.
You need to cut the bucket down to plant level so you can get good air flow around/through her.
STR8

N

Nikkio

Hey guys as I went through the posts I saw some pretty bad grows and weird things so I will share some tips with you I hope they help. I followed seraphim's and sr8 tips i got 360g dry from 5 autos (first grow) + i had to throw like 20 g rot.
1.Start seeds in paper towel or glass then plant them.
2. Never transplant autos put them in the final pots directly.
3. Do NOT plant few seeds in one pot wtf..
4.Since you want to grow buy at least 400w MH for veg and 400w hps for bloom, that CFL thing is pathetic and real equipment is not that expensive come on..
5.USE 11 liters pots people say its like optimum for autos.(ofc you can go bigger if u have space but no less)
6.When you put soil put until you filled your entire Pot to the very top of it..
7.Humidity : At the beginning 60-70 % , middle 45-55 % , end 35-40 %(in order to avoid rot,root infections etc)
8. Temps: At the beginning 24-25 Celsius, middle 26-27, end 27-28. When lamps are off ,temps should drop like 5-9 degrees more then 10 is stress for the plants.
9.Nutrients: I used seraphim's schedule only bio bloom and bio grow plants did well but not perfect. Im planning to buy some more probably heaven and alg-a-mic and see how it works.
10: Harvest: when you start seeing grey hairs its time and better a bit yearly then a bit late. I left one plant for 2-3 days more and it over bloomed or whatever the term is, and kinda ruined the taste and looks of the bud.
I hope this helps. Happy growing xD
P.s Im growing fast and vast auto now they are 10 days old and they smell like heaven i hope they turn out to be good. I will share the results.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom