Alien Genetics - Grow Log from Seed - Pure Coco, CO2

• Thread starter nMEEKS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Goodsen Cranium

Goodsen Cranium

MEEKS, I am THOROUGHLY enjoying your log. Very warm feeling to your writing. I don't call it OCD, I say it's attention to detail.;) I want to put your pictures of the sprouting process into a flipbook.:D
So crazy about having to rent the u-haul. Guess it's good that he's as cool as he is.
Lady Goods

soserthc1

soserthc1

meeks - he does inspection's while your in the house - that does not sound to cool ... i have only seen my landlord twice in 3.5 years and that was one time to many.... I am moving (well because i can now) and two because i hate to have to worry about growing in someone else house... but none the less your plant are looking fine bro you will have them back on track in no time.... And the Alien Gear is insane bro....I have three Rock Candy and Two grenades in my veg still in cups and the smell is insane all ready - I have had flowers in bloom for a few weeks... that didn't smell this good...... Positive Vibs bro..... best of luck......soser

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Lookin very nice.. It's gunna b a massive harvest with both these producing strains growing..
Here's hoping! Thanks for the positive vibes Goo!

MEEKS, I am THOROUGHLY enjoying your log. Very warm feeling to your writing. I don't call it OCD, I say it's attention to detail.;) I want to put your pictures of the sprouting process into a flipbook.:D
So crazy about having to rent the u-haul. Guess it's good that he's as cool as he is.
Lady Goods
Thanks Lady Goods, I spend a bit of time taking and cropping photos before I upload to The Farm, but I think I spent more time on those seed sprouting pics up through the first couple nodes than any other photo editing before! It's not even the same seedling every time, that would be too smart/easy, I just took pictures every few days of random plants and spent a bunch of time rotating photos and zooming to the right point, so it would have the appearance of a time lapse photo stream. . . . I'm glad someone noticed, makes the time worth it!

Yeah, the U-haul was a funny event for sure, that was my first time handling the property inspections so I had no idea what was gonna happen. But OGRaskal's White Fire OG survived the journey in excellent health and I think Delae testified to the quality of the final product in my grow log from last year!

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
meeks - he does inspection's while your in the house - that does not sound to cool ... i have only seen my landlord twice in 3.5 years and that was one time to many.... I am moving (well because i can now) and two because i hate to have to worry about growing in someone else house... but none the less your plant are looking fine bro you will have them back on track in no time.... And the Alien Gear is insane bro....I have three Rock Candy and Two grenades in my veg still in cups and the smell is insane all ready - I have had flowers in bloom for a few weeks... that didn't smell this good...... Positive Vibs bro..... best of luck......soser
The plants reek already! I hear you about plants that don't even smell in flower, I have been in some gardens where plants don't have any smell and they are in full bloom . . . . these girls in veg pollute the whole room with their stink if the fan bends a branch too much! Thanks for the vibes Soser!

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Those are gonna be some bushes Meeks.......love the early training on all your girls for maximum yield......so what nutes are being used this round?? you ditch the H&G??

Gonna be an alien assault on those tables of yours soon!
Yea the Alien Grenades especially is a bush monster! Huge leaves and a naturally spreading canopy with hardly any training required! The Lemon Alien Dawg seems to be a bit more spindly so far, but that may just be because it took an extra week to recover from the stress. All plants are fully back on track right now, I am hoping I can keep them that way during the nutrient transition over the next week. I will be switching to Jack's Pro Hydro as soon as all the dry ferts get delivered! Right now my plants have still been fed H&G the whole way through, but I'm ready for a change! Thanks for stoppin' in Mitch!

Looking good and ill be keeping posted! bout to pop the same gear over here. It will be nice seeing what I have to look forward to!
I'll do my best to give you some info to help out with your grow! Thanks for checking things out true grit!

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Ok it's been a little while since a real update and I have some free time so I might as well share! The girls are HAPPY! Had to start with that, because on top of everything else, that is the biggest change from the last update.
I recently ran out of a few bottles from H&G and decided to try something new instead of replacing those over priced colorful bottles. . . . so with Cap holding my hand pretty much the whole way, I ordered Jack's Professional Hydroponic fertilizer from JRPeters Inc. along with there Calcium Nitrate, MOST, and pH Adjuster. I also picked up a bag of epsom salt from my local pharmacy for few dollars. The total cost of completely converting over to this new company and using their entire recommended line, was less than replacing just one of three bottles I ran out of from H&G!! But wait, I didn't even get to the best part yet!

I mixed the new salts up probably more cautiously than necessary the first time, but I wanted to make sure everything was fully dissolved before adding each new ingredient, and I wanted to make sure all the ingredients were going in the right order (thanks again to Capulator for all the help)! I love that my feed water is a clear swimming pool shade of blue now, instead of a dark red/brown rez from H&G that I could barely see through!

The pH was the only thing that was different than what Cap said it would be. He said that his mixture always comes out around 5.7 or if anything a little higher. . . . but mine mixes up at 4.5 pH before adjustment consistently. . . . so I used the pH adjuster also from JRPeters Inc, as per their recommendation for a small batch, and used it to bring the pH of my reservoir up to 5.6 I have fed 3 times now to 10% runoff, and I could not be happier with the results!!

My plants instantly took to the new fertilizer. The next morning I was telling myself it had to just be the placebo effect because there was no way I was seeing healthier and faster growth just 12 hours after watering in the new fertilizer for the first time. . . . but the plants growth rate only got faster and faster, and the color in all the leaves, along with shape only became more and more uniform, even among seedlings that had previously been showing significantly different leaf patterns! Honestly I am compelled to share this with every grower I know, out of all the different product labels I have read that promise healthy plants this and faster growth that, nothing has been as significant a difference in as little time with as little experience as this companies cheaper than dirt fertilizer!

Now I'm not saying I have the perfect recipe figured out or anything, I just mixed up Jack's Pro Hydro at 3g per gallon, then added roughly .05g MOST per gallon, and mixed extremely well. Then I added .7g of Epsom salt per gallon because Mg was a deficiency symptom my plants were hinting at a couple weeks ago, and Cap said .5-1g was OK. Again after mixing thoroughly, I added 2g of Calcium Nitrate per gallon (which is when the water gets that nice blue shade). After all this is mixed, make sure you have room in your reservoir to add between 20-40% more water to dilute the solution to the desired ppm/EC level. Right now I am feeding my plants at 675ppm on my Hanna combo meter which I think is set to .5 scale. That is working great right now under a 1000w light, but I am feeding my plants under a T5 Fluorescent around 520ppm and they are exploding! The recipe I just described at those rates will mix up somewhere in the mid 800's on my meter, which is why room for more RO to dilute the solution is important.

Anyways, that was a whole big update/pitch on my new fertilizer, but I hardly mentioned what the plants have been up to! The first thing to say is that 7 out of 10 plants are now in upgraded pot sizes! I will have my hands on 3 more pots by tomorrow or Wednesday, but for now, the majority of the plants are living in their new 7 gallon homes! Obviously this translates to growth exploding even more, but I only transplanted them last night so that is still on its way! I need to redo the LST that I had attached to the 3 gallon pots to maintain the canopy spread on the new 7 gallon pots, but I should be able to get that done tonight or tomorrow and the plants will enjoy a nice stretch in the mean time :)

The only somewhat bad news is that the plants are growing too fast. . . . meaning I expected them to take longer to recover and adjust to the new fertilizer, but at this rate they are going to be way too big by the time I know the sex on the clones, which I am just now getting roots on. . . so I am in a bit of a pickle! My thoughts right now are just to continue vegging until I could have a full run with 50% males, that way, if I have a high female rate, I am a bit over vegged and might have to take a plant out and make it a mother for later, but I will still be able to fill both trays if there is a high male rate. I may change my mind about this though, because they are already the size my WiFi where when I flipped them and those plants where perfect size for 4 in a tray!

Wow, ok, that was a larger than expected update, but I hope some of you take the time to read it, because non of it is bullshit, and I wish I would have started with this last year! Now for the part that we all know you will look at before reading any of this, a few pictures I took this afternoon. And remember, these were taken 16 hours after transplant, and they look like this!

IMG 4831
IMG 4840
IMG 4842
IMG 4844
IMG 4846
IMG 4834

-Meeks:cool:

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

Loving it bro.....your topping and training is perfect those have potential to be so freaking big.......seems like those aliens grow freaking fast every update they look way bigger! or is that just that greenthumb coming into play?

or is it those new nutrients? so you fully on the jacks now?

how many products are in the jacks lineup meeks? I saw what you listed but is that everything?

sounds like you are really likeing the switch already and the pics say the ladies are too!

gotta love saving money and seeing better results!

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Loving it bro.....your topping and training is perfect those have potential to be so freaking big.......seems like those aliens grow freaking fast every update they look way bigger! or is that just that greenthumb coming into play?

or is it those new nutrients? so you fully on the jacks now?

how many products are in the jacks lineup meeks? I saw what you listed but is that everything?

sounds like you are really likeing the switch already and the pics say the ladies are too!

gotta love saving money and seeing better results!
Thanks for the very kind words Mitch! The plants, especially the Alien Grenades, are stupid vigorous when they are happy, so much so that I could probably take pictures right now and if you didn't know any better you might guess they were from multiple days of growth after this afternoon. I honestly shorten the time I think I have until flip every time I walk into the grow room! And I think it has to be the nutrients plus the genetics, because I have made more than a few rookie mistakes early on in this grow.

And yeah, I'm on the full Jack's line now, which for me is a few less products than what Capulator is currently using, but it is what he recommended for getting the hang of the dry salts for my first run. The only two products I purchased along side the other items I listed, are MonoPotassiumPhosphate (MKP) and MonoAmmoniumPhosphate (MAP) which will be used in the bloom phase, and I need to consult with Cap more specifically on when and how much of each I will need at that point. So I guess that means it is technically a 6-part line up, but I hardly count the Epsom salts, or even the MOST because of how little you have to add, so I consider it just a 2-part lineup for veg, and because the MKP and MAP in combo are just a cheap replacement for a bloom booster (if I understand their use correctly), then it is like a 3-part bloom line up. . . . if that makes any sense.

My Ingredients for veg:
Jack's Pro Hydro = 3g/gal
MOST = .05g/gal
Epsom = .7g/gal
Cal-Nit = 2g/gal
Dilute with RO to desired ppm
pH Adjust to 5.5-5.7
Feed = Happy Happy Plants

The hardest part about using these dry salts is convincing yourself to make the switch away from the hype companies! Honestly I was asking Cap so many questions, I'm glad he was patient enough with me to help me feel confident, but it is so simple once you do it just one time! And I am liking the nutrients more and more every minute, because I just emptied a 20 gallon reservoir of feed water, and I was able to feed every last drop in the reservoir, because the solution stayed 100% mixed with no settling of salts! This is a major improvement from H&G which leaves so much shit at the bottom of your rez. after just a couple days you can't use the last 2-3 gallons of water.

very nice update bro. your plants look very happy.
Thanks BigC, I was looking at my plants and looking at my log and things weren't lining up, so I felt like doing a big update to get both back on the same page! The plants are super happy, thanks for checking things out!

Wow Im just looking at how big they got in the past 7 days, crazy fast!

shit.. good work homie :)
Yea they have only been getting the Jack's for a week now, and the growth that has occurred in the last 7 days easily doubles the growth from the 2 full weeks before that! And it's not just height increase that I'm referring to when I say growth increase. The stems are getting thicker faster, the leaves are getting larger, the nodes are getting tighter, the axillary buds are breaking dormancy sooner, and the strength of individual leaves to hold themselves upright and pray to the light is getting better! Thanks for the close observation and kind words DrCGT! I haven't seen plants this vigorous and happy since I got insane yields from the infamous White Urkle B!

Oh, and did I forget to mention that multiple plants have begun putting out a lemon zest aroma whenever they are bumped or shaken!? I have a feeling that is only going to become more present as these girls start to flower :D very soon!

-Meeks

Top Bottom