Alien Genetics - Organic Feeding Program

• Thread starter Alien
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

el_tenador

Is it entirely impossible to get connoisseur flavor in coco? Bummer, i had intended on experimenting with ACTs in coco in the not so distant future.

O

Organicyumyum

Is it entirely impossible to get connoisseur flavor in coco? Bummer, i had intended on experimenting with ACTs in coco in the not so distant future.

i have had very good herb grown in coco, but it will still never live up to the full flavor potential of properly grown organic soil grown cannabis. many people will beg to differ, but i have experienced this on multiple occasions. I think that your yields in coco can be bigger than in soil, though I honestly have met many soil farmers who are rivaling coco and hydro growers with their yields. it all depends on your skill set, but at the end of the day, properly grown cannabis in soil wins the flavor competition every time.

A

Alien

Supporter
i have had very good herb grown in coco, but it will still never live up to the full flavor potential of properly grown organic soil grown cannabis. many people will beg to differ, but i have experienced this on multiple occasions. I think that your yields in coco can be bigger than in soil, though I honestly have met many soil farmers who are rivaling coco and hydro growers with their yields. it all depends on your skill set, but at the end of the day, properly grown cannabis in soil wins the flavor competition every time.

^^^couldn't agree more^^^

G

gooey

interesting i will have to do some comparison as my current opinion is that both can taste just as good...but thanks for the response was not guessing it to be a single issue but very good, thanks for your time

R

Reptile

yeah, its how its grown.. I give you that but the media is just the vehicle for the h2o, nutes and air, but flavor can be achieved in ANY system run if you foliar feed with light organic nutes, i can run hydro and youd tell me it was soil grown.

S

StringSinger

I havent read the whole thread so you might have answered this, but do you hand water or are you automated?

O

Organicyumyum

yeah, its how its grown.. I give you that but the media is just the vehicle for the h2o, nutes and air, but flavor can be achieved in ANY system run if you foliar feed with light organic nutes, i can run hydro and youd tell me it was soil grown.

i promise you i would know it's hydro. i started off growing 100% organic hydro that rivaled soil, but you just don't get the full flavor out of coco/hydro. the soil very much has to do with the way terpenes are released in the plant. look into how grapes are grown on different soils to achieve maximum flavor for wine making. this is a proven fact.

datDANK

datDANK

Alien were you the one who mentioned they never messed with pH? also you never put anything like dolomite lime in the soil?

R

Reptile

yeah....right, been doin it for 20 years indoors myself, I know what I'm talkin about. I've grown over 10,000 plants in every system thought of... I find it very amusing how all you so called pros "know it all" LoL!!! Get real:party0044:
i promise you i would know it's hydro. i started off growing 100% organic hydro that rivaled soil, but you just don't get the full flavor out of coco/hydro. the soil very much has to do with the way terpenes are released in the plant. look into how grapes are grown on different soils to achieve maximum flavor for wine making. this is a proven fact.

A

Alien

Supporter

I'm going to side with OYY on this one. For way too many reasons that I don't have the energy to type right now...

Fine organic soil is the answer to fine organic cannabis.

O

Organicyumyum

yeah....right, been doin it for 20 years indoors myself, I know what I'm talkin about. I've grown over 10,000 plants in every system thought of... I find it very amusing how all you so called pros "know it all" LoL!!! Get real:party0044:

alright, i didn't come here to argue cause i guess these are all opinions

R

Reptile

all of it...I run all systems, each has they're strong point, but a plant grows the same regardless of what its grown in it only breathes and takes nutes differently, I feed my plants through foliar 5+ times a day, pure h2o everyother spray, then the other sprays they get everything from worm tea to guano tea to str8 fish poo n seaweed.. works wonders.. But grow styles/results aren't for everyone, diff strokes fo diff folks.

R

Reptile

Exactly, stating one is better is absurd... different things work better for diff. peeps. I was "stuck" in my ways before i figured how to improve those shortcomings in the flavor dept. took lotsa work for sure... n 1000's of $'s in failed nute lines

HumboldtDr

HumboldtDr

Whats your ailment?
Supporter

I couldnt have said it better.

"Flavor can be achieved in ANY system as long as you foliar w/ organics."??? Thats just wrong. Can hydro be improved w some organic ways mixed in? Sure. I feel like maybe i'm just misunderstanding your wording.?

I havent read the whole thread so you might have answered this, but do you hand water or are you automated?

Just another way to get up and close to your ladies. As long as your workload allows, its a great idea, imho.

Again, i agree w/ yumyum. I feel like i would know if it was hydro w/ 'hydro' nutes. I'm not sayin hydro is garbage by any means. But if all factors are the same(famer, environment, genes, etc.) except org soil and nutes vs inert medium and 'salt' nutes, then i feel there would be noticable differences. And yes, this is only an opinion.

Alien were you the one who mentioned they never messed with pH? also you never put anything like dolomite lime in the soil?

I put oyster shell in there, and i'm almost certain Alien does too. And i havent checked ph in years. If you have good soil and a decent micro herd they will do the ph adjustment for your ladies.

all of it...I run all systems, each has they're strong point, but a plant grows the same regardless of what its grown in it only breathes and takes nutes differently, I feed my plants through foliar 5+ times a day, pure h2o everyother spray, then the other sprays they get everything from worm tea to guano tea to str8 fish poo n seaweed.. works wonders.. But grow styles/results aren't for everyone, diff strokes fo diff folks.

I thought you were running hydro that tasted like organic.? That looks pretty organic to me.? Not givin ya shit, just tryin to understand/learn what you're doing....

Exactly, stating one is better is absurd... different things work better for diff. peeps. I was "stuck" in my ways before i figured how to improve those shortcomings in the flavor dept. took lotsa work for sure... n 1000's of $'s in failed nute lines

I'm always looking to improve flavor, any chance you'll share the things you learned to improve your flavor?

O

Organicyumyum

in my opinion it is better. my taste buds can tell the difference between the two. many people cannot and they are satisfied whether it is chemmy hydro, organic hydro, coco or organic soil. some people just dont care. like you said different strokes for different folks, but that doesn't mean i can't tell the difference.

Latest posts

Top Bottom