Alien Rock Candy in the 619

• Thread starter 619ster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
619ster

619ster

ARC# 2 is curing up now, and so far samples have been quite pleasing. Definitely doesn't compare to my #1 which I had no doubt about. But still very nice smoke with more Chem influences in #2. It's actually more of a full bodied smoke, where the #1 is more smooth with more head high, which eventually sweeps over the body. Basically #1 is like a super bomb OG type smoke with an extra lemon candy taste to it, and #2 is like a bomb Chem type smoke with deep relaxing full bodied aroma, and heavy on the lungs (not harsh).

I have one big beast ARC# 1 bush about 25 days in now in now. These pics are in week 3, and been hitting her up with defoliation every few days. I usually wait til end of stretch to hit up my ladies, but this lady is a VERY bushy thing with LOTS of bud sites to expose. She also has got dusted by my Lemon Grinderz OG male (Lemon Stomper x Deadhead OG) as well as a Strawberry Dogshit male (KK Strawberry Cough x OG Chem). Just a couple branches, didn't go all out breeder style on her lol. Should e interesting to see how she holds up. She is a beast!!!
CIMG4280
CIMG4281
CIMG4282
CIMG4283

catdaddy

catdaddy

ARC# 2 is curing up now, and so far samples have been quite pleasing. Definitely doesn't compare to my #1 which I had no doubt about. But still very nice smoke with more Chem influences in #2. It's actually more of a full bodied smoke, where the #1 is more smooth with more head high, which eventually sweeps over the body. Basically #1 is like a super bomb OG type smoke with an extra lemon candy taste to it, and #2 is like a bomb Chem type smoke with deep relaxing full bodied aroma, and heavy on the lungs (not harsh).

I have one big beast ARC# 1 bush about 25 days in now in now. These pics are in week 3, and been hitting her up with defoliation every few days. I usually wait til end of stretch to hit up my ladies, but this lady is a VERY bushy thing with LOTS of bud sites to expose. She also has got dusted by my Lemon Grinderz OG male (Lemon Stomper x Deadhead OG) as well as a Strawberry Dogshit male (KK Strawberry Cough x OG Chem). Just a couple branches, didn't go all out breeder style on her lol. Should e interesting to see how she holds up. She is a beast!!!
View attachment 285609View attachment 285610View attachment 285611View attachment 285612
hahaha, i see you're very fond of the big girls. figured you only keep one or two due to the fact that you have a perpetual system going.
what is the yield like on your main girl?
at what point do you do your major trimming throughout 12/12.
gl with the x's too, let me know if you need any testers, lol.

619ster

619ster

excellent gro from the start 619ster. I can't wait to get fully caught up in here great work friend this strain is tops on my list I hope u enjoy.
Thanks bro! I definitely recommend this strain if you don't already have it. I expected fire, which was fulfilled. I hear this "game changer" term being tossed around alot, but I gotta be honest...... GAME CHANGER indeed lol :p
Nice plants bro. Good luck with your crosses. I will be setting my male lad up in a few days to start to flower so I can make some crosses.
Thanks Noob! Can't wait to see how your breeding goes. Be careful with that pollen, that stuff spreads like crazy lol. I couldn't keep mine contained as well as I thought I could and may have strays in the garden. Not that I'm complaining, I love seeds if the genetics are fire!!!
A grade for sure! You have got me wonderng about LED now... maybe for side lighting...
Thanks for the kind words! LEDs have treated me well since I did a fair amount of research before purchasing just anything. 80% or more of the LEDs out there are crap!!! Mine can hang with HPS all day though. But I have them as supplemental side lighting for now. Used to run a 4x4 tent with only LEDs and was killing it when compared to HPS. Then I just upgraded my grow space and threw it all together. LEDs have a secure spot in my gardens:
CIMG4239

hahaha, i see you're very fond of the big girls. figured you only keep one or two due to the fact that you have a perpetual system going.
what is the yield like on your main girl?
at what point do you do your major trimming throughout 12/12.
gl with the x's too, let me know if you need any testers, lol.
Yea I like to veg long and pull nice hauls. I try to keep within limits of what I'm "allowed" since I am legal and figure that's the least I can do to play by the "rules" lol. Plus with the 8-12 different strains I have going at any given time, I'd be WAY over my limit trying to keep 3-4 small plants of each and running them like that. Plus with things in and out all the time, I'm sure I'd manage to overcrowd things even more so than I do now lol.

Not sure what you mean by yield on my main girl? But yes right now my main girl is ARC# 1, and yield is damn nice IMO. Of course, depends on how I grow her. But last couple plants were only vegged a few weeks at most, topped once, and I got 2 oz. per plant. I usually go for 8 week veg to get a qp per plant, but less than half the veg time and still getting half of what I would have got with double the veg time works for me!

I begin my trimming in veg. I defoliate mainstem fan leaves all throughout veg (up until top 2-3 nodes). 1 week before I flower I try to shave the legs if needed. Doesn't always play out that way though so the shaving of the legs can happen anywhere between a week before flower, up until maybe week 2 or 3 of flower. I usually don't defoliate plants during stretch period (usually the first 3 weeks of flower), but if I see the need for it, I don't hesitate.

As far as seeds go, I have gathered LOTS of Lemon Grinderz OG pollen, so if things go well with this cross, I'll most likely get a run going to make a couple hundred beans. Maybe you can get a shot at testing them out ;) Still got more Strawberry Dogshit pollen as well, but LG was the beast!!!
CIMG4228

catdaddy

catdaddy

very nice looking girl and great bud shot.

what type of lighting do you flower your male under and how do you collect and store the pollen? i got three males into bloom and wanted to collect and store from all 3, but not to sure on how to do it.

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

Thanks bro! I definitely recommend this strain if you don't already have it. I expected fire, which was fulfilled. I hear this "game changer" term being tossed around alot, but I gotta be honest...... GAME CHANGER indeed lol :p

Thanks Noob! Can't wait to see how your breeding goes. Be careful with that pollen, that stuff spreads like crazy lol. I couldn't keep mine contained as well as I thought I could and may have strays in the garden. Not that I'm complaining, I love seeds if the genetics are fire!!!

Thanks for the kind words! LEDs have treated me well since I did a fair amount of research before purchasing just anything. 80% or more of the LEDs out there are crap!!! Mine can hang with HPS all day though. But I have them as supplemental side lighting for now. Used to run a 4x4 tent with only LEDs and was killing it when compared to HPS. Then I just upgraded my grow space and threw it all together. LEDs have a secure spot in my gardens:
View attachment 286057

Yea I like to veg long and pull nice hauls. I try to keep within limits of what I'm "allowed" since I am legal and figure that's the least I can do to play by the "rules" lol. Plus with the 8-12 different strains I have going at any given time, I'd be WAY over my limit trying to keep 3-4 small plants of each and running them like that. Plus with things in and out all the time, I'm sure I'd manage to overcrowd things even more so than I do now lol.

Not sure what you mean by yield on my main girl? But yes right now my main girl is ARC# 1, and yield is damn nice IMO. Of course, depends on how I grow her. But last couple plants were only vegged a few weeks at most, topped once, and I got 2 oz. per plant. I usually go for 8 week veg to get a qp per plant, but less than half the veg time and still getting half of what I would have got with double the veg time works for me!

I begin my trimming in veg. I defoliate mainstem fan leaves all throughout veg (up until top 2-3 nodes). 1 week before I flower I try to shave the legs if needed. Doesn't always play out that way though so the shaving of the legs can happen anywhere between a week before flower, up until maybe week 2 or 3 of flower. I usually don't defoliate plants during stretch period (usually the first 3 weeks of flower), but if I see the need for it, I don't hesitate.

As far as seeds go, I have gathered LOTS of Lemon Grinderz OG pollen, so if things go well with this cross, I'll most likely get a run going to make a couple hundred beans. Maybe you can get a shot at testing them out ;) Still got more Strawberry Dogshit pollen as well, but LG was the beast!!!
View attachment 286064

lemon grinderz x gsc = cha ching . . . . yessss

619ster

619ster

very nice looking girl and great bud shot.

what type of lighting do you flower your male under and how do you collect and store the pollen? i got three males into bloom and wanted to collect and store from all 3, but not to sure on how to do it.
I'm ghetto style with my males lol. I just stick them in a dark closet every night, and let them get light through a wnidow every day. They flower just fine for me that way. I then wait til they start popping (2-3 weeks maybe more with sativas), and chop the top and maybe a branch or two depending on how much pollen I want, then stick in shot glass of water and isolate it. 2-3 days later you'll have a pile of pollen after a quick few taps and wiggles lol. I keep a paper or magazine below to gater and scrape pollen up on. Store in a vial inside of frezer, or if you're going to use within a week or two you can place in dark cool spot like your buds.
lemon grinderz x gsc = cha ching . . . . yessss
Sounds like a nice plan! I can get my hands on the cookies so ya never know. Need some pollen? LMAO!!! I don't care for the cut really from the samples Ive tried but I gotta grow her at least once just for the hell of it :rolleyes:

Had to move the beast in the middle:
CIMG4327

soserthc1

soserthc1

very informative last few post 619 was interesting volley of questions between you and others. Its cool to hear other people's way of doing thing and maybe tweek yours a little as i collect pollen in larger cups but seems it would make alot more sense to use a shot glass and simplify things, you really don't need a ton either .... Also did not realize how big your grow was till last few post good read .... also dig the fact you play by rules gotta be hard ...peace soser ...

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

I'm ghetto style with my males lol. I just stick them in a dark closet every night, and let them get light through a wnidow every day. They flower just fine for me that way. I then wait til they start popping (2-3 weeks maybe more with sativas), and chop the top and maybe a branch or two depending on how much pollen I want, then stick in shot glass of water and isolate it. 2-3 days later you'll have a pile of pollen after a quick few taps and wiggles lol. I keep a paper or magazine below to gater and scrape pollen up on. Store in a vial inside of frezer, or if you're going to use within a week or two you can place in dark cool spot like your buds.

Sounds like a nice plan! I can get my hands on the cookies so ya never know. Need some pollen? LMAO!!! I don't care for the cut really from the samples Ive tried but I gotta grow her at least once just for the hell of it :rolleyes:

Had to move the beast in the middle:
View attachment 286399
Shit if you dont want to do it, i will. Haha

619ster

619ster

Thanks all! Things still moving along. I see a few beans growing on the ARC, but not as many as I intended. Or maybe they're just not visible yet. Not sure if I did the pollination too early? Well I'll be taking more pictures soon. Gotta tie her up now as she is really packing the buds on and the stems are not gonna support them too much longer. I have one in DWC that is at almost 3 weeks in which I'll get pics of as well. But for now:
Iphone 001

And this picture right here is funny to me as you can see the wildly out of control 6 foot+ Chocolate Rain in the rear left which is the one pictured above in the frosty nug in front of the LED. She leans right into the light foot print lol:
Iphone 005

And Cheese, hit me up if you really want to do that. I doubt I'll be growing the cookies. I've had batch after batch, and it's just not my thing. Not gonna waste my time with a low yielding strain that I don't even like THAT MUCH. Is good smoke though. I'm sure the Lemon Grinderz OG should add some cola action to it along with some more Lemon OG funk. The stud had a mean cola when he started bustin nuts!

619ster

619ster

^^^ Yea dat ^^^

Here's some Blueberry Skunk from Flying Dutchmen I've been smoking since forever lol. I had a keeper from one fem bean. She grows nice big chunky buds of skunky blueberry tasting meds. Real skunk too but of course got the berry taste from the Blueberry. Just filling in space here since I can't pop my Alien Grenades just yet:
Sd card 044

619ster

619ster

Damn 6 how many strains you run at one time?
At the moment I have about 8 different strains. But gonna chop all my Chocolate Rains soon, as well as an Emerald Jack, just cut my last Pineapple Express down, shit IDK lol. May be more or less after this next week as some stuff is leaving the stable forever and some stuff is getting their first run. Maybe I'll get a full grow journal posted up here some day once things are less hectic for me.

Just want to update my ARC#1 status. Still alive and kicking. I need to get clones cut for next rounds and need to upcan the mommy as well. She's big as hell in her little cup, but y'all know how I do lol. Here's some pics from my beast bush:
CIMG4364
CIMG4365
CIMG4366
CIMG4367
CIMG4360
CIMG4362

Top Bottom