anyone using "terpinator" ?

• Thread starter haqndyman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
john martin

john martin

Looks like they did a bare-minimum test. They proved the 4% K on the label, and tested what they had to by law:
2015 05 30 15 32 Fertilizer Product

I wonder what they would have done with the sulfur % in their test, since it is part of the 4% K.

Last edited:
E

endora

This was on the previous page:

The “Guaranteed Analysis” is the minimum percentage (%) of each nutrient as claimed by the company. Blanks and “0’s” indicate no guarantee for that nutrient.

http://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/Fertilizers/FertDB/Product1.aspx

I guess I'm just terminally confused. My apologies. I'd sure like to know how much sulfur I'm getting with this since I'm already getting that from another source... any downside to too much sulfer?

E

endora

Nice! Thanks for stepping up there, John. Nice legwork. Yeah, I'm not worried about that small amount. I'm using TM-7, which has like 2% sulfur, so... a bit more is probably fine.

justsomeguy

justsomeguy

The guaranteed analysis is the guaranteed MINIMUM analysis as reported by the company. AFAIK as long as the minerals listed are present in at least the declared percentage, the label is legal. There could be a hell of lot more stuff in there that they don't have to declare.

A few years back House and Garden bottles started listing really low npk numbers, like all under 1-1-1. They explained on the website that Oregon or California was disagreeing with their declared analysis and had everything pulled from the shelf. They relabled with new numbers and they same thing happened. Apperently they measure fertilizers differently in Europe than we do in North America and H & G couldn't figure out how they kept failing. Finally they gave up just moved the decimal point on their NPK to the left. So 3-5-9 became 0.3-0.5-0.9 for example. And the state regulators were happy with that. And H & G is loaded with iron, which is nowhere on the label.

If you have 4% potassium from potassium sulfate, you also have around 1% sulfur. All they tested for on that sheet was the declared amount of potassium and maximum levels for heavy metals.

Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper

dubious claims on this product since environment, plant genetics and bio chemistry are the deciding factors of how much and what terpenes are present....

sure there are substances that help this process, N-P-K Ca, Mg, S, B, Mn, Zn, Fe, Cu and Mo do alot of that by themselves!

E

endora

dubious claims on this product since environment, plant genetics and bio chemistry are the deciding factors of how much and what terpenes are present....

sure there are substances that help this process, N-P-K Ca, Mg, S, B, Mn, Zn, Fe, Cu and Mo do alot of that by themselves!

And yet many people are seeing measurable results. Go figure.

I agree with you about the factors that ultimately determine terpene levels, but I'm not sure exactly what your overall point is. What's so dubious to you? Plant genetics would indeed determine terpene production potential in any given individual. So? Nobody is claiming that Terpinator 'creates' a plant's potential; it just enhances the existing potential. How? Via biochemistry, as you state. The plant metabolizes whatever is in Terp and reacts by increasing resin and terpene production. A plant without existing resin and terpene traits isn't going to magically create those things if you use Terp.

As for listing basic nutrients and minerals as you did... yeah. That's just basic plant health. Proper nutrition. One would assume/hope we all already have that covered, along with proper environment. Basic/proper nutrition is not typically considered a 'terpene enhancer' - it is just the basic diet that you should provide for your plants - so I'm not sure why you are using it as a comparison. It's more of a foundation for reaching a plant's genetic potential.

I have been using Terpinator at 20 ml/gallon and definitely see enhanced resin production. I personally haven't seen any significant weight gains; just a small amount, probably due to the resin increase. As someone using the BioCanna line I have never had any lack of flavor or smell, so no real opinion on that.

The bottom line is this: this product may or may not work when used with various food regimens, and also may only be really effective with certain genotypes. I don't think generalizing is going to help. Each person would need to try it with their own regimen to determine if it is worth it.

It isn't a magic bullet. In my experience, though, it seems to at least pay for itself several times over, so there's that.

Products like BioBiz's Top Max have a similar resin-boosting effect, and I have seen some serious weight gains with Top Max. I am going to try a side-by-side next round: Two plants of four types, one of each type getting Terp and one of each getting Top Max. I will report back here if anyone is interested.

E

endora

how does it pay for itself several times over? you just noted no weight gain

you could "enhanced resin production" with a 3 dollar bag of epsom salt

"I personally haven't seen any significant weight gains; just a small amount, probably due to the resin increase."

I honestly don't know how to make it any clearer for you. An ounce increase per light pays for Terpinator several times over.

Epsom salt would be considered basic nutrition. As I already pointed out.

E

endora

Are all my big words confusing you? You need to work on your basic reading comprehension skills, apparently. And maybe on your basic conversation skills. Hell, maybe even some basic elementary-school-level punctuation would help. You type like a 12-year-old girl texts. You are a 'staff member' here? That's pretty fucking scary.

If you think an ounce per light is a significant weight gain you are quite a bit worse off than I thought. Too much epsom salts, maybe. For me an ounce is pretty much just chump change, but it still pays for terpinator.

Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper

LOL...

endora is having a hard time quantifying any real results on this product. Must be in your head then. Without empirical evidence in the form of scientific studies, all nutrient/additive claims are just that..................uh,ummm.......... CLAIMS.

ps. here a direct quotation from the manufacturers website: "
TERPINATOR® is the one and only product of its kind, formulated to increase the
concentration of Terpinoids in aromatic plant oils and glands.

Last edited:
Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper

furthermore, N-P-K , Ca, Mg, S, Si, Mn, B, Zn, Fe and Mo fed plants have been producing Terpenes and Oils for millions of years. Bio-Chemical processes within the plant have proven to be involved in Oil/Terpene production so what can be so magical about Terp (as you call it) that will have such a dramatic effect on Oil production within the plant?

Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper

best part is, the manufacturer has no ingredients to list as i thought this formula could contain catalysts like Fulvic Acid and enzymes but no info to document anything of the kind leads me to believe its just 0-0-3.

fulvic acid and enzymes will no doubt help terpene production but its nothing revolutionary. those substances are naturally occurring in healthly, rich organic soil.

john martin

john martin

Lab analysis would be cool, as well as one on Sour-Dee and Sugaree and Uncle John's.

I'd bet they all have similar ingredients to Bud Candy...

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
sulfur is a key to terpene production

potassium sulfate (terpinator)
magnesium sulfate (epsom salts)

ghettogrower

ghettogrower

After a few runs with terpinator I'm now questioning it tbh it seemed to make an improvement on one particular strain...but I'm not.running that anymore and thought I'd try us using Epsom salts in flower which I've never done tbh its always been a veg thing for me, anyway I've noticed a much more pungent smell when I get in amongst them and they sen to be a lot stickier too.....this has got to be the Epsom salts because I've never really any significant change with terpinator in the strain I'm running now, its a tough pill.to swallow but I think I've been robbed by terpinator lol I'll.stick to my £1 tub of Epsom salts from now on...I've still got 2 litres of terpinator left

Anyway can anyone recommend a good cheap.source of K? I read it somewhere on the farm the other day but can't find it now

Latest posts

Top Bottom