anyone using "terpinator" ?

• Thread starter haqndyman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Duder

Mate you really should put that. Back into play for your hybrid grows indefinitely I to the day still do this. Only difference for me is I don't stop until the three week boost so this is to say, for the first 4-5 weeks of flower and I get trichs from top to bottoms of everything most all the time not excluding 1/3 to 3/4 of the fan leaf and fan leaf stem here lemme show ya.......View attachment 550294View attachment 550295

You were on to something there. I am curious why did you stop using this method?

Nice! Those are the trics I remember! Even the fan leaves had trichs running up the stems! Would have to keep a bottle of iso near by when trimming to keep the scissors from gluing closed!
I stopped completely for a while. Got a new spot and im just getting back at it. Just getting my base nutes dialled in again. I swear H&G aqua flakes changed up their recipe from a couple years ago. I used to just drop my meter in the rez and add A&B until the PH hit 5.6, PPMs would be spot on every time and they would chug and chug and chug water. So I thought Id give jacks a try.

chillywilly

chillywilly

Trichs,...tga Danny boy selfing male... used Georges aloe, mini minerals minerals of life(made from crystals , mono atomic/nano,/ angstrom),a touch of algoflash, golden tree, John Ellis water, Patrick Flanagan Crystal energy nano/angstrom silica, a touch of calphonite(volcanic ash that is high in potassium, magnesium, iron and calcium), and Peru sea bird guano....hehe...
cw...
 20151117 220037

chillywilly

chillywilly

No snowstorm ultra, even though I got a fresh bottle... mini minerals the company, makes one of the highest grades of nutes, oh forgot concentrace sea water....most all are food grade...produces medical grade...

D

Duder

Thats deff my next purchase though Kilo! I deff need to get that back in the mix.
Fundage and research has been focused on my hardware lately. I built a couple dataloggers using this ESP8266 wifi chip. The Chips are only 3 bucks and temperature/humidity sensors are also only a couple bucks. I can monitor fluctuations in temperature and humidity from my phone. I’m working on a master time clock that will click on different relays in my contactor panel for lighting, fans/AC. and get all data logged and graphed onto my server using a raspberry Pi. PPMs, PH, Time of day water levels, ect.. This way I can start playing with variables such as different lighting spectrum’s at different times, what nutes work best when, ect. I can go on and on,lol... I just eliminated all of my pain in the ass T5 fixtures using COB LEDs in my veg area. The cobs kick the shit out of the t5s and MH in my setup anyway. Growth is explosive with very tight node spacing, using half the wattage and even cooler than t5s and there is no need to replace shitty fluorescents every 3 months anymore! WooHoo! The commercial LED manufactures are slowly moving towards COBs and away from the cheapo looking Christmas red and blue 3w diodes. DIY LED fixtures using COBs are easy and fairly inexpensive to make. In veg its a no-brainer. I got trees with thick stalks and tight node spacing with 150W of 5000k-6500k COBs. They are quite effective as supplemental lighting in my bloom room also so far. hopefully soon I can dial in the different lighting spectrums and slowly phase out my HPSs. I dont see that happening until I can justify it with the data. The cost of LED fixtures are not really an issue for me since I can make the same thing as the rebranded Chinese fixtures excluding the fancy case and marketing for an 8th of the cost. My first Veg Cob fixture was under $100 and the results let me replace all of the fluorescents with a couple hours of my time and a couple hundred bux. This addicting hobby has gone to a whole new level of obsession for me. lol

Last edited:
D

Duder

No snowstorm ultra, even though I got a fresh bottle... mini minerals the company, makes one of the highest grades of nutes, oh forgot concentrace sea water....most all are food grade...produces medical grade...
I just picked up a bottle of golden tree, late night random Amazon purchase,lol. What medium are you running your ladies in? I'm starting to get back into refining my nute regimen again, along with the growing list of other things I need to research. The plan is to have the computers do all the dummy work and data logging ASAP so I can focus on refining/building whats turning out to be a machine. Ha!
Nice trichs btw! Are you using a foliar?

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Sorry @haqndyman I have started something leading to the point of thread stealing I have no interest in doing so but the fact is that the actual post comments on and information being shared is of the highest as well some takes a great understanding of how the plants and nature deflect therein to such things as terpinator I have opened up a new thread that we can continue with the overall process and conversation with the more advanced stuff not detailing the subject of terpinator here is a link for those whom are interested in the current subject matter this HTML will get you there https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...nd-additional-nutrients-durring-flower.77275/ all are welcome to come join in the conversation or just lurk in the back or whatever you fancy.

chillywilly

chillywilly

I just picked up a bottle of golden tree, late night random Amazon purchase,lol. What medium are you running your ladies in? I'm starting to get back into refining my nute regimen again, along with the growing list of other things I need to research. The plan is to have the computers do all the dummy work and data logging ASAP so I can focus on refining/building whats turning out to be a machine. Ha!
Nice trichs btw! Are you using a foliar?
My medium is Espoma organic soil mix fortified with a little worm poop...my foliar is Georges aloe water and Patrick Flanagans crystal energy , and mini minerals...all are food grade and extremely safe...brings all the goodness out...plants usually don't like to be force fed to bring the essential oils out, just the essential s, volcanic ash such as azomite increases oil production in plants, the presence in the soil activates not stimulate terpene production...minerals provide electro charges as according to its periodic chart number, each activating different phases of the plant as with human biology activating....key to key hole...unlock the many doors...golden tree is super nice, don't need much for excellent results, foliar spray in veg is very good, not on flowers- soil feed+...

chillywilly

chillywilly

have you looked at Factor-x and bud candy for "carbs" that helps in making increased terepene production ?
Carbohydrates only good for helping to keep up energy in plant structure mostly in leaves, high potassium will assist the structure of flower formation...we grow a skeleton(the plant) , the trichomes/essential oils is the meat on them bones...many companies(in the cannabis industry) sell based on ignorance, or to commercial interests...but I guess that the private grower will sooner or later will find their way...
cw...

chillywilly

chillywilly

High uv also produces high trich/essential oil production, in other words, MH lamps not HPS... hps formation, mh oil production...keep it simple and safe...kiss...
cw...

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Iv been useung the KISS for years maye love that saying but for me it gies Keep it stupid simple another way usualy the more appropriate Keep it simple stupid but ibam curious to what it is your looking for you have been here all day posting silly tips that are missinformed as MH is very important the last ten days of flowering and the knfo you pop in with is found everywhere and most everyone here already knows, and i hit the ignore button as I am ranting am about something that is nothing to concern myself about. I would have to say that is proably why I am the only one dumb enough to say anything to you at all but those who know me know it's just me so not trying to be rude or offend just don't know how else to say it?if it was my thread I would have already asked you t to Please stop and create your own thread for this stuff but as it is not and @haqndyman dose not log on much i will just imply it and also say that you have overlooked more than a few of the words you posted being obsolete or incomplete info

chillywilly

chillywilly

Well excuse me...I'll leave the thread...no silly tips...thanks guy... have a peacefull day...

haqndyman

haqndyman

Iv been useung the KISS for years maye love that saying but for me it gies Keep it stupid simple another way usualy the more appropriate Keep it simple stupid but ibam curious to what it is your looking for you have been here all day posting silly tips that are missinformed as MH is very important the last ten days of flowering and the knfo you pop in with is found everywhere and most everyone here already knows, and i hit the ignore button as I am ranting am about something that is nothing to concern myself about. I would have to say that is proably why I am the only one dumb enough to say anything to you at all but those who know me know it's just me so not trying to be rude or offend just don't know how else to say it?if it was my thread I would have already asked you t to Please stop and create your own thread for this stuff but as it is not and @haqndyman dose not log on much i will just imply it and also say that you have overlooked more than a few of the words you posted being obsolete or incomplete info
x2 brother

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Ok so..... now to get us all back on track here friends let talk more about the terpinator and what is the actual stay in the grow.
First let's gear from them shall we.....
Terpinator had their Ph.D Laboratory director, Dr. Dave on Heavy T's Grow Show a while back. I just listened to the podcast, check it out for the technical info you are possibly looking for. He created Terpinator with two growers with decades growing in Humboldt. Sounds like they are giving it a lot more than just a few vamped mods in what it's made from (i don't believe that the specific terms are correct is what I'm saying instead over hyped talk is all I hear). The Interview starts about 20-30 mins in and is pretty detailed, he talks the whole show. They say it is for sure Organic and talk about how the outputs can be USDA Certified Organic when grown with Terpinator

http://www.dfzradio.com/podcast-archive/ - November 20 show.

So I waited for you to get back @haqndyman to get things rolling again and here is the spiel.

There has been a lot of buzz around the release of Terpinator. With its promise of boosting the level of terpenoids in your plants, Terpinator aims to deliver higher levels of aromatic plant oils and gland development to your precious flower. This new formulated aromatic booster not only promises to deliver higher resin content to your flower, but also pumps flavorful aromas that accentuate your finished product.

So what is it this new product promising to deliver through these so called terpenes? Terpenoids (or isoprenoids), are a subclass of the prenyllipids which represent the oldest group of small molecular products synthesized by plants, most notably conifers, and are probably the most widespread group of natural products on the market today- think of that citrus smelling goodness found in most cleaning agents and essential oils. These terpenes are frequently found in plant essential oils which contain the "Quinta essentia" plant fragrance that is highly sought after for its citrusy aroma in the essential oils world and in cleaning agents.
Terpenes are universally present in small amounts in living organisms where they play numerous vital roles in plant physiology as well as important functions in all cellular membranes; mostly playing the role in defense mechanisms and attracting pollinators. However, new scientific inquiry and breakthroughs into the benefits of adding terpenes to your garden have shown that the extraordinary variety terpenes can display can be due to ecological factors playing an evolutionary role in plant physiology.

Studies in Germany and the US have proven that the central role of terpenes, in all phyla of living organisms, is to participate in the formation and reinforcement of biomembranes. Because terpenoids are unsaturated hydrocarbons in aromatic plant resins, they also act as natural preservatives and protectants in most plants. In our case, however they mostly serve to pump resin levels and aroma for a high quality harvest.

Here is what Terpinator is supposed to do- and by most accounts by those in the industry who have tested it out- what it does deliver. Terpinator, which is an organic fertilizer, increases the concentration of terpenoids in aromatic plant oils. It works by enlarging the gland size and multiplying the amount of gland sites that produce terpenes on the surface area of the plant, which results in an increase in dry weight as they build up. Think of those sticky resin crystals and flavorful smells we all wish our flower to be rocking. Using Terpinator will not only enhance the genetics of your plant by bringing out the potency and aromatics, but it will also increase the shelf life or your harvest and deter pests as the plant grows. This special formula recreates a natural process that has been scientifically proven to defend plants from infestations. So while not advertised as a pest deterrent for IPM purposes, the benefits of adding Terpinator to your crop will result in healthier plants and dank, super smelly yields. Seriously if this product does what growers and agricultural scientists are saying, the Terpinator is going to bring out your plants' full genetic potential.

Notes for usage: Terpinator has a neutral PH of about 6 and should not affect your PPMs, but be careful trusting that claim. Nothing like a whacked out pH level to upset even the most seasoned of gardeners. The makers of Terpinator advocate for the usage of the product from veg all the way through flush. Going off their recommended levels of ml’s per gallon follows like this:

A level of 5-10ml per gallon during veg.

15-30 ml/Gal for the last 4-6 weeks of flower, all the way through to flush, though it may be advised to keep an eye on that type of usage until you personally have conclusive evidence to prove otherwise.

Growers who have tested Terpinator have done so at very high concentrations with a large variety of nutrients and mediums with few to any results of burning or negative effects in overall plant health. Because it can be used throughout the entire cycle of growth, while still doing its job, some ag schools that have conducted tests on the benefits of adding terpenes to your plants feeding formula are now waiting to see what additional benefits terpenes can have for non-coniferous plants. Some growers have even warned to be careful that adding extra terpenes to your plants can result in offsetting natural fruity flavors. Therefore if you are growing strains that are berry flavored or grape tasting, adding terpenes can switch the flavor to a more citrusy flavor that may not be desired. That evidence will be flushed out overtime as Terpinator hits the market and reaches into the grower nute formula mainstream. But this much is known, some types of plant oils have terpenoid, or compounds that contain very interesting odor molecules. By boosting terpenes in your plant the idea is you will be bursting your plants cell glands that will in turn create more resins in your flower, and the citric aroma of terpenes will give your flower a desired aroma that has stimulating effects. In fact, many plants that incorporate aromatic compounds that produce a plethora of odors have been long thought to affect our physiology through odor activation otherwise known as aromatherapy.

So does Terpinator work the wonders its creators promise to deliver? A quick survey through trusted forums and academic studies say the answer is yes, however most growers surveyed are rocking hydro and continuous grows, and little to nothing is mentioned about how to deal with berry and grape tasting flower. The suggestion here is to do some experimenting on your own. Set aside a couple of desired strains and see what Terpinator does for them. Until then many gardeners will be trying out Terpinator with degrees of differing of success and sharing their results with fellow gardeners. If you have strands that will greatly benefit from additional citrus aromatic burst then Terpinator may be the best choice for your garden this next season.

Top Bottom