Aquaman goes COCO. (Mother hunt)

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

would it be feasible to try and run co2 in a 4x4 tent? I know im not getting the full potential out of my light since i dont have any.
Honestly you can get around 1000ppm if you put the tent in a basement. Mine sits about 900 and now with my mother-in-law down there is about 1200 ambient co2.

I sit in my 10x7 room for 20 min and my co2 is over 2000ppm

Odiesel

Odiesel

Honestly you can get around 1000ppm if you put the tent in a basement. Mine sits about 900 and now with my mother-in-law down there is about 1200 ambient co2.

maybe i should get a co2 meter. My grow is in my own bedroom which i am in majority of the day so maybe im putting off enough co2

Odiesel

Odiesel

maybe i should get a co2 meter. My grow is in my own bedroom which i am in majority of the day so maybe im putting off enough co2
I'm thinking i should maybe get some of those exhale bags maybe or make my own co2 bottle. My closet is where i am veggins and is pretty sealed and i think it wont hurt to toss one in there.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

What are your temps?

I just read room needs to be at 85 to 95 F if using co2 supplementation of 1200 to 1500...wtf?

Plants become less prone to heat stress...lol...if co2 causes the earth to warm and is assimilated better by the plant if its hot!
It conditions the plant to enjoy hotter temps....that global warming crap is 2funny

Last edited:
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I could put on a mask and intake tube to the tent maybe? lol beers and bud thoughts
I am just thinking down low with a filter pointing toward where you would expect CO2 to be coming from as opposed to in some upper corner of the closet or something lol (just because CO2 is heavy so it will be a little higher down low...I figure....really like Aqua said you just want to make sure you are getting decent exchange...and hot air rises).

Odiesel

Odiesel

I am just thinking down low with a filter pointing toward where you would expect CO2 to be coming from as opposed to in some upper corner of the closet or something lol (just because CO2 is heavy so it will be a little higher down low...I figure....really like Aqua said you just want to make sure you are getting decent exchange...and hot air rises).
Ok so that makes sense. For the foreseeable future I will be flowering solely in this 4x4, which will be able to produce more than enough for me and my brothers, so the intakes that im using are the standard bottom intakes. Along with the good exhaust fan exchanging the air i think that fits the parameters and my exhaust is out into the room so essentially my whole room is a controlled environment i guess.
I run the ac to cool the entire room and dehu for it so i guess if i was to add any supplemental co2 into the room it would just stay inside and recirculate?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Ok so that makes sense. For the foreseeable future I will be flowering solely in this 4x4, which will be able to produce more than enough for me and my brothers, so the intakes that im using are the standard bottom intakes. Along with the good exhaust fan exchanging the air i think that fits the parameters and my exhaust is out into the room so essentially my whole room is a controlled environment i guess.
I run the ac to cool the entire room and dehu for it so i guess if i was to add any supplemental co2 into the room it would just stay inside and recirculate?
No idea on the last one. My opinion is that if you can limit your intake so that all the air is exiting out the top of your tent, but on the slow side (i.e. not through other intakes because the air is being drawn up and through the tent), that will be optimal for management.

Idk if that makes sense.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

For the most part yup... @sshz Used the exhale bags. Im not sure how much difference they made as I didn't see him test with a monitor but maybe he has some info that can help you on the exhale bags.

Odiesel

Odiesel

For the most part yup... @sshz Used the exhale bags. Im not sure how much difference they made as I didn't see him test with a monitor but maybe he has some info that can help you on the exhale bags.
I know for this current cycle if i were to get some they wont make any difference since its co2 from mycelium and not active co2. Essentially i would be putting them up now and letting them grow to toss off some co2 wouldnt really be much im sure and not actively available.

I know that i have seen a few people make a co2 generator with a bottle and yeast. Not sure how much co2 something like this or the exhale bag actually produce. co2 is for sure one of the least of my concerns in my grow currently but if i could passively add some by adding an exhale bag i dont think it would hurt.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Haha yeah I have seen it with an oxygen tank when I was in the railway. Cinderblock wall meet tank... not pretty

Lol yeah we had a few old 50# bottles years ago and, of course drunk at a bush party we buried a big piece of metal conduit into the ground sticking up with a hole cutout near the bottom. Then slid the tanks into the conduit upside down and shot the valve with a 30-30 lol. Things fuckin shot about 200 feet into the air and disappeared into the woods.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I know for this current cycle if i were to get some they wont make any difference since its co2 from mycelium and not active co2. Essentially i would be putting them up now and letting them grow to toss off some co2 wouldnt really be much im sure and not actively available.

I know that i have seen a few people make a co2 generator with a bottle and yeast. Not sure how much co2 something like this or the exhale bag actually produce. co2 is for sure one of the least of my concerns in my grow currently but if i could passively add some by adding an exhale bag i dont think it would hurt.
The mycelium produce co2 as a byproduct of respiration? I believe not sure. All co2 is available. The exhale just may not put off much at the start until the mycelium get going but this im not sure about the timeliness since I have never used them.

You can do many diy co2 generators. YouTube is full of how tons on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom