Supporter
Like this. Personally i love the RR's
You can see the offset hole here.
20200829 173348

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
We have an unruly mess again. Tomorrow the new snips come and we are gonna do some housekeeping. Some of these have to go. Gonna cut all new clones.

Also I fucking hate rapid rooter. But gonna flip em over and make my own hole or make one beside the ones provided. I make small clones and the holes are to fam big and a pita to try to keep tight against the stem. I consider this THE MOST important factor to succeed in cloning. If you can do this part you almost always succeed. I thought the rapids came with IBA but now not sure and not even gonna look. I'm going to go back to peat with promix IBA 80/80 temp/humidity and 95%+ success rates unless this hack works. I can accept that this is likely the reason for my failure being 25% rooting is the difficulty getting small cuttings to have media tight to the stem.

As promised this is a cluster fuck and I may do some not so good things in here to make it work.

Some of the cake n chem is lanky af and won't fit my grow style of SOG even discounting the massive debacle. So those may go here in the next few days. Which kinda sucks cause I was looking a bit for more wedding cake pheno. I will keep a mother of it though as if I even go back to scrog it would be perfect.

The DC and BDC are looking like structures that will aid to my SOG attempt and are very nice and uniform.

Gelato also looking nice for SOG and seems to be a trooper so far looking the nicest of the bunch but thats likely due to the late start and they missed some of the bullshit lol.

So pic of the mess... overall plants are relatively healthy but need some space and some adjustments after to fit their needs.

Oh how I know flowering is gonna be such a pita this grow. But after a few weeks I can tell coco is the place for me. Growth is great, easy af to look after for my back and while it costs a bit more I feel I will settle here and explore some coco options.

Anyhow pic. Kinda shameful but I'm not one to only post the good. Its a mess and its in large part from poor planning, lack of patience and a little neglect.
👍 omg amazing! What co2 ppm do you run on this?

amekins

amekins

We have an unruly mess again. Tomorrow the new snips come and we are gonna do some housekeeping. Some of these have to go. Gonna cut all new clones.

Also I fucking hate rapid rooter. But gonna flip em over and make my own hole or make one beside the ones provided. I make small clones and the holes are to fam big and a pita to try to keep tight against the stem. I consider this THE MOST important factor to succeed in cloning. If you can do this part you almost always succeed. I thought the rapids came with IBA but now not sure and not even gonna look. I'm going to go back to peat with promix IBA 80/80 temp/humidity and 95%+ success rates unless this hack works. I can accept that this is likely the reason for my failure being 25% rooting is the difficulty getting small cuttings to have media tight to the stem.

As promised this is a cluster fuck and I may do some not so good things in here to make it work.

Some of the cake n chem is lanky af and won't fit my grow style of SOG even discounting the massive debacle. So those may go here in the next few days. Which kinda sucks cause I was looking a bit for more wedding cake pheno. I will keep a mother of it though as if I even go back to scrog it would be perfect.

The DC and BDC are looking like structures that will aid to my SOG attempt and are very nice and uniform.

Gelato also looking nice for SOG and seems to be a trooper so far looking the nicest of the bunch but thats likely due to the late start and they missed some of the bullshit lol.

So pic of the mess... overall plants are relatively healthy but need some space and some adjustments after to fit their needs.

Oh how I know flowering is gonna be such a pita this grow. But after a few weeks I can tell coco is the place for me. Growth is great, easy af to look after for my back and while it costs a bit more I feel I will settle here and explore some coco options.

Anyhow pic. Kinda shameful but I'm not one to only post the good. Its a mess and its in large part from poor planning, lack of patience and a little neglect.
It’s a jungle, dude.

Pondracer

Pondracer

Also I fucking hate rapid rooter. But gonna flip em over and make my own hole or make one beside the ones provided. I make small clones and the holes are to fam big and a pita to try to keep tight against the stem. I consider this THE MOST important factor to succeed in cloning.

I quit using the Rapid Rooters and went back to a clear plastic cup that is one size larger than another solid color plastic cup. Drill some holes in the bottom of the clear cup. I keep the clear one inside the solid one to shield light but there is enough space in the bottom for some small drainage without letting the upper cup sit in it. I fill it with that coco mix we are using and perlite. Goes inside a dome on a mat. Got 100% on 6 clones last try. I like pulling out the clear cup to see root progress. Once I can see its dense enough I transplant.

The other thing is the cup is big enough for several weeks growth and thats time enough to flip the mother and check for sex.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
gonna flip em over and make my own hole or make one beside the ones provided.

How I used to use them. Got tired of accidently pulling clones out of the rooters trying to fish them out of the trays. Just flip them upside down and they will stand on their own in the trays/domes, cups, tuperware ect.

I thought root riots were the ones with IBA in them. Don't member rapid rooters having anything in them unless they changed them been a couple years.

Fudge

Fudge

If you see the straws that coco produces a soil mother will be easier to clone.

19.20 how I combat the straw effect from coco , this makes the stems a 100 times stronger and maximises the nutrient uptake too

I get 95-100% success rate cloning from and into coco with just a jiffy plug/nursery bag and I cut tiny clones

Ive been loving these nursery bags, a lot cheaper, you just use pure coco and soak it,

Last edited:
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter

19.20 how I combat the straw effect from coco , this makes the stems a 100 times stronger and maximises the nutrient uptake too

I get 95-100% success rate cloning from and into coco with just a jiffy plug/nursery bag and I cut tiny clones

Ive been loving these nursery bags, a lot cheaper, you just use pure coco and soak it,

Haha gotta love and respect Kyle he's been in the game forever... but man if he doesn't remind me of that one dude everyone knows who always shows up with a hacky sack and a ukulele smoking a chillum. 😄🤭🇯🇲

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Yeesh. Yeah me and booze have a bit of a tense relationship. Now i can drink socially, but my tolerance is down dramatically and i only drink with friends. Being a lightweight and not worrying about having too much and embarrassing myself is actually really nice.

And yes, pot is a much more effective gardening booster than alcohol in my experience too lol.
Yea, I haven't touched alcohol since 2011 actually. Sometimes, occasionally I'll drink a non alcoholic clausthaler, but that's it. No drinky drinky for me, too many savage native american genetics. Nothing worse than a an Drunk Irish-Indian.

Anyhow, I'm crazy enough without that in my life, somebody's going to get hurt, end up in prison, or dead. when I started occasionally waking up with blood on myself (not my own), that was a big warning sign. Especially when it all starts coming back to you little by little, what you had done the night before. (fighting). Or waking up in a jail cell and not knowing how you got there. Worrying about blackouts and other crazy shit you might have forgotten, it was headed to a very dark ending. Add to that, heroin and crack, or meth, benzo's, ect, ect., ect.... I'm glad I turned it around.

I just had a good friend (Alaskan Native Inuit) who wasn't able to put it down and died this last month. He was struck by a car, hit and run, and I think it might have been nefarious, (he was a loud, known drunk) but one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet if you took the time to get to know him. The crazy shit is I told him he was going to get run over a week beforehand, if he didn't watch out. He was blah, blah blah, all as usual. I smoked a big joint with him and the next week he was dead. I can't believe it happened, but I can't say I'm surprised either.

Some people don't make it out alive, unfortunately. Paul was 58 years old. The reason I say it was nefarious, is they didn't stop, they run him over, and then deliberately ran over the body, (I believe he was targeted, for being a loud obnoxious drunk) he was carried like so many feet, stuck underneath the car, they didn't try to "back up" or stop dragging his body, from what I heard. What a terrible end.

Last edited:
dire wolf

dire wolf

True for sure on the rapid rooters , I learned a long time ago to have a tool box of various size pokers ...... Day / night success rate
Also found that lubricating the hole with a bit of clonex or water / clonex mix makes a difference before the stem slides in

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

How I used to use them. Got tired of accidently pulling clones out of the rooters trying to fish them out of the trays. Just flip them upside down and they will stand on their own in the trays/domes, cups, tuperware ect.

I thought root riots were the ones with IBA in them. Don't member rapid rooters having anything in them unless they changed them been a couple years.
No doubt your right bro. I never did look into it before

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

View attachment 1056535
I know I said something makes me want to punch this guy in the face before but sometimes you just need to accept good info lol. I'll probably do some "supercropping" but in no way shape or form will I call it chiropractic plant therapy 🤔

I seen @Frankster use these bags and sooooo cheap. I will definitely be looking into them.

Fudge

Fudge

I know I said something makes me want to punch this guy in the face before but sometimes you just need to accept good info lol. I'll probably do some "supercropping" but in no way shape or form will I call it chiropractic plant therapy 🤔

I seen @Frankster use these bags and sooooo cheap. I will definitely be looking into them.
I can't fault them and it's the same medium throughout life cycle, I just run a charge through it and a touch of kelp in my spray bottle

Madmax

Madmax

If you train a plant properly theres no need to do what hes doing lol..i could lst that plant and not cut one branch off and make all tops branches near equal..just looks like a lazy grow to me...scissor friendly lol....

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm scared to hit the room today. Its gonna be a dense mess and quite some time sitting and pruning/cloning/topping and thanks to @Fudge probably some supercropping. With my back issues may not even finish today.

I was about to start yesterday when I got charged with making dinner. I'm one of those ppl that go into panic if I dont get red meat at least once a week..... forwarned the household when I was going shopping that its red meat dinner tonight and to make no mistake about it.... So walk in and start browsing.... pass by a few cuts and BAM. Whole beef tenderloins $9/lb... I literally start looking around like I'm robbing the place. I grab 2 and head home head high and proud as fuck of myself, I'm salivating and thinking of how thick of steaks I'm gonna cut and how many roasts should I cut.

I walk in the door with the biggest shit eating grin you even seen with one over each shoulder like a caveman. Wife looks at me like WTF! You know that look... the one that screams why the fuck did I let him go by himself kinda look.

Then I proclaim loud and proud.. "WHERES THE BEEF" bad reference some of you probably remember. I sat in the kitchen cutting 1.5" tenderloins for grilling and 4 roasts 1 of which I cooked last night to a perfect Med/Rare so tender and juicy you cut it with a fork and it just melted in your mouth... could chew that shit with your tongue.

Can you tell I'm still sporting a grin this morning???

I have a feeling I will need to be accompanied by an adult next time I go.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If you train a plant properly theres no need to do what hes doing lol..i could lst that plant and not cut one branch off and make all tops branches near equal..just looks like a lazy grow to me...scissor friendly lol....
Yeah it is a lazy grow... thats all I'm doing these last 2 is making it through and find a couple mothers. Next grow will be SOG pretty lazy also. I'm starting to not have as much time as I used to and someday my back just says NO.!

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
$9/lb!?!?!?😳

Nevermind... $9 Canadian.🤑

I hear you on the bad back.
Growing in these height restricted tents is killing me... Eyeballing a bay in my shop for a build out... This old guy needs tables.

Plants look great!... Better to have too much/fast growth than not enough.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I'm scared to hit the room today. Its gonna be a dense mess and quite some time sitting and pruning/cloning/topping and thanks to @Fudge probably some supercropping. With my back issues may not even finish today.

I was about to start yesterday when I got charged with making dinner. I'm one of those ppl that go into panic if I dont get red meat at least once a week..... forwarned the household when I was going shopping that its red meat dinner tonight and to make no mistake about it.... So walk in and start browsing.... pass by a few cuts and BAM. Whole beef tenderloins $9/lb... I literally start looking around like I'm robbing the place. I grab 2 and head home head high and proud as fuck of myself, I'm salivating and thinking of how thick of steaks I'm gonna cut and how many roasts should I cut.

I walk in the door with the biggest shit eating grin you even seen with one over each shoulder like a caveman. Wife looks at me like WTF! You know that look... the one that screams why the fuck did I let him go by himself kinda look.

Then I proclaim loud and proud.. "WHERES THE BEEF" bad reference some of you probably remember. I sat in the kitchen cutting 1.5" tenderloins for grilling and 4 roasts 1 of which I cooked last night to a perfect Med/Rare so tender and juicy you cut it with a fork and it just melted in your mouth... could chew that shit with your tongue.

Can you tell I'm still sporting a grin this morning???

I have a feeling I will need to be accompanied by an adult next time I go.
You do low and slow w meat much? Seems to fit your personality to have been into it at some point.

I like doing pork shoulders personally. Something about melt in your mouth meat.....so satisfying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom