Are these Spider Mites? Please help.

• Thread starter Pisano
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PizzaBob

PizzaBob

100% not spider mite. Almost certain broad mites. Pylon is the best miticide imho because it is translaminar but not systematic and it will destroy all mites. I had a terrible russet mite infestation and I tried everything like that lost coast stuff you got. I dipped while plants fir 5 minutes and it did nothing. 2 consecutive Pylon apps 1 week apart and wiped em out.
And Pylon is approved fir food crops. Just wear your PPE!!!

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

100% not spider mite. Almost certain broad mites. Pylon is the best miticide imho because it is translaminar but not systematic and it will destroy all mites. I had a terrible russet mite infestation and I tried everything like that lost coast stuff you got. I dipped while plants fir 5 minutes and it did nothing. 2 consecutive Pylon apps 1 week apart and wiped em out.
We've killed all kinds of critters with it. It's good stuff. And when you do organic, there isn't a whole lot of options. This is approved for food all the way to harvest.

Farmer88

Farmer88

Pylon will definitely do the trick. It is only intended for indoor applications and can be very very hazardous outside. It is not intended for use in canabis so application rates may vary. For reference its about 1500 plants per acre for canabis.

cottageman

cottageman

The active ingredient in pylon has a soil half life of over 250 days... please do not use chemical pesticides when there’s other treatments to go to first that aren’t nearly as hazardous

Farmer88

Farmer88

The active ingredient in pylon has a soil half life of over 250 days... please do not use chemical pesticides when there’s other treatments to go to first that aren’t nearly as hazardous

It's not intended or designed to be used outside. It's commercial application is for ornimentals in greenhouses only. Recently has been approved for use in very limited vegetables and only in greenhouses, not hoops or high tunnels.

cottageman

cottageman

It's not intended or designed to be used outside. It's commercial application is for ornimentals in greenhouses only. Recently has been approved for use in very limited vegetables and only in greenhouses, not hoops or high tunnels.
It also has a pre harvest interval on food as well since it leaves a residue

cottageman

cottageman

That's what your wash station is for.
No, you don’t just wash it off especially if it has trans laminar properties and can stay in soil for that long, otherwise they would say to just wash it off and you wouldn’t have a pre harvest interval... and that’s a 13 day phi for green beans which have a casing in them, cannabis doesn’t so I’d assume it accumulates more than green beans. It’s not even considered low toxicity, it’s labeled moderately toxic

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

No, you don’t just wash it off especially if it has trans laminar properties and can stay in soil for that long, otherwise they would say to just wash it off and you wouldn’t have a pre harvest interval... and that’s a 13 day phi for green beans which have a casing in them, cannabis doesn’t so I’d assume it accumulates more than green beans. It’s not even considered low toxicity, it’s labeled moderately toxic
I only use in veg and indoors. All the sprayed surfaces are long gone by flower.

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

I only use in veg and indoors. All the sprayed surfaces are long gone by flower.
I list many pounds recently because none of the safe stuff worked. I even put my industrial ozone generator in the flower room and heated room to 120 fir over an hour. Only causalities were some plants lol. But at least what little product I saved was pesticide free.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You must have super bugs. We never have had difficulty in getting rid of them.
Mostly if you keep the environment stable, you don't suffer them anywhere near as much.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

We had russet mites. They came in with a bag of soil. I will not purchase from that store again.
we killed all of them in 3 treatments. After the grow, I washed the tent with the PT and we have yet to see another mite.
My wife is in there with the microscope looking for them at least once a day.

Farmer88

Farmer88

Guys, Pylon is not intended for canabis. The wash station comment was about vegetables. It will wash off after application. I don't understand why @cottageman keeps mentioning soil, this product is massively dangerous in soil and is not intended for that at all.

@ComfortablyNumb you are correct about stable environments, but ideal situations are relatively rare. And sometimes certain applications need to be made to stabilize things. This is one of the reasons I forfeited my organic certification years ago.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Guys, Pylon is not intended for canabis. The wash station comment was about vegetables. It will wash off after application. I don't understand why @cottageman keeps mentioning soil, this product is massively dangerous in soil and is not intended for that at all.

@ComfortablyNumb you are correct about stable environments, but ideal situations are relatively rare. And sometimes certain applications need to be made to stabilize things. This is one of the reasons I forfeited my organic certification years ago.
I get you. But this is where we are at for now, so while here, we will do our best to make it as simple as possible, and this helps.

Keeping a stable environment is not as tricky as you might think. It does get easier the larger the area. A tent is so small it is difficult to maintain.
A 4x4 is just large enough to get inside and close the door.

Top Bottom