Are these Spider Mites? Please help.

• Thread starter Pisano
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Farmer88

Farmer88

I get you. But this is where we are at for now, so while here, we will do our best to make it as simple as possible, and this helps.

Keeping a stable environment is not as tricky as you might think. It does get easier the larger the area. A tent is so small it is difficult to maintain.
A 4x4 is just large enough to get inside and close the door.

I don't think it's tricky at all. I've been in commecial agriculture for about fifteen years now and have owned my own farm for most of that time. For reference I'm in my early thirties.

And in an atempt to de-escalte, I do agree with your statements and find them to be sound. @Pisano will have to make their own decision as to their application. And I don't want to get hot under the collar arguing over which tools belong in the belt.

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

Guys, Pylon is not intended for canabis. The wash station comment was about vegetables. It will wash off after application. I don't understand why @cottageman keeps mentioning soil, this product is massively dangerous in soil and is not intended for that at all.

@ComfortablyNumb you are correct about stable environments, but ideal situations are relatively rare. And sometimes certain applications need to be made to stabilize things. This is one of the reasons I forfeited my organic certification years ago.
There are ZERO pesticides intended for cannabis. Again not a single pesticide in the world intended nor approved for cannabis. So after doing my research on it Pylon seems a good choice if done preflower. It is NOT systematic and will not translocate from the leaves sprayed in veg to the flowers. Yes it is translaminar but only on the existing vegetation.

Farmer88

Farmer88

There are ZERO pesticides intended for cannabis. Again not a single pesticide in the world intended nor approved for cannabis. So after doing my research on it Pylon seems a good choice if done preflower. It is NOT systematic and will not translocate from the leaves sprayed in veg to the flowers. Yes it is translaminar but only on the existing vegetation.

Dending on what state you are in (US) pesticide lables will have recommendations for canabis and are certainly approved. Almost all products intended for hops will also have mixing instructions for canabis in the present day. Years ago the lables would have amendments for the states that had legalized in some form or another. I agree Pylon would only be recommended during vegitavie state. Almost all systemic products would be discouraged for use in canabis.

Pisano

Pisano

@Farmer88 @cottageman @PizzaBob unfortunately, I am in flower. So that mainly leaves me with Plant Therapy or Nuke em’? I ordered some lady bugs too.. not sure if you fellas that will help.

I reached out to Plant Therapy (amazing customer service) and they actually thought it was a spider mite.. but no webs anywhere.. double sided sword.. wish I could find another one to get better pictures but also happy I haven’t seen others pop up after looking for HOURS. If I could send any of you the “apple Live Photo’s” I think you would be able to tell better what it is cause you can see the little bugger move.. moves around pretty good. DM me if that’s cool with you guys.. would put my mind at ease just to know for sure.

Per recommendation of PT, they said a lot of their customers will double up the dose, 2oz PT with 1oz ISO Alcohol per gal. I did that before the lights went on this morning and unfortunately looks like some of the hairs singed up a bit... never had that happen... anyone know if that damaged the final buds?

Living a dream.. while fighting a nightmare

Pisano

Pisano

@Farmer88 @cottageman @PizzaBob unfortunately, I am in flower. So that mainly leaves me with Plant Therapy or Nuke em’? I ordered some lady bugs too.. not sure if you fellas that will help.

I reached out to Plant Therapy (amazing customer service) and they actually thought it was a spider mite.. but no webs anywhere.. double sided sword.. wish I could find another one to get better pictures but also happy I haven’t seen others pop up after looking for HOURS. If I could send any of you the “apple Live Photo’s” I think you would be able to tell better what it is cause you can see the little bugger move.. moves around pretty good. DM me if that’s cool with you guys.. would put my mind at ease just to know for sure.

Per recommendation of PT, they said a lot of their customers will double up the dose, 2oz PT with 1oz ISO Alcohol per gal. I did that before the lights went on this morning and unfortunately looks like some of the hairs singed up a bit... never had that happen... anyone know if that damaged the final buds?

Living a dream.. while fighting a nightmare
@ComfortablyNumb sort bud, left you out!

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I wish I could show you the “Live Photo” where it shows the bug move, it’s def not a thrip for sure spider or broad mite... leaning toward broad unfortunately but thanks for jumping in!
What can you post?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I don't think it's tricky at all. I've been in commecial agriculture for about fifteen years now and have owned my own farm for most of that time. For reference I'm in my early thirties.

And in an atempt to de-escalte, I do agree with your statements and find them to be sound. @Pisano will have to make their own decision as to their application. And I don't want to get hot under the collar arguing over which tools belong in the belt.
We can disagree. I should have said "tricky for new growers", sorry. We used to plant potatoes every year in one section of the garden. About a 20x20 area. Our neighbor did the same thing, except he used lime on his soil first. We didn't feel it was needed. But both of us had great crops every time. There is always more than one way to do something and nothing wrong with trying it.

mancorn

mancorn

Have you compared to images of Neoseiulus californicus? Wondering if those two long front legs are used to gobble up other mites/eggs

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Have you compared to images of Neoseiulus californicus? Wondering if those two long front legs are used to gobble up other mites/eggs
Cali Nosy? Nope. Maybe I do need that bugology class..

Pisano

Pisano

@ComfortablyNumb @mancorn @Og_punkgenetics @Farmer88 @PizzaBob

Who knew you can save photos as videos! Appreciate another look fellas, hopefully these help..

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Thrips have a nymph stage where they look almost the same as aphids. They are different critters though and need to be dealt with accordingly.
Ladybugs are my favorite even though I hate having to clean them out of the rest of the house. After that, Lost coast Plant Therapy is great on thrips.
You can use it at double strength before flowering but, I recommend only half strength after flowering. It's food safe is what I was told so it can be used to harvest.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

There is a point in their lives that Thrips and Aphids and Spider mites look almost the same. This is usually caused by not enough magnification. Once you can clearly see them, they have different numbers of legs, and other ways to determine which is which. but if you can't see them, it's almost impossible to figure it out sometimes.
So, get yourself a nice microscope to look more closely at whats really going on.

Get yourself one something like this:

Microscope
mancorn

mancorn

Aphids don’t move that much, plus you would have flyers.
Yeah it’s moving pretty fast for a grazer. The adage about predatory bugs moving quickly and plant suckers slow, might be a clue. The thrips I see have longer thinner bodies and you would definitely see the leaf damage (as it’s very distinctive).

Dosifry

Dosifry

If it’s an aphid it will have two little tubes sticking out of its butt. They only sprout wings when colony size increases and food supply decreases. That way they can scope out the next plants to feed the hoard. Def need better magnification. A baby aphid looks just like an adult only smaller. 😁

Top Bottom