Are these Spider Mites? Please help.

• Thread starter Pisano
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Farmer88

Farmer88

Lulz, we're back to thrips. You're in flower, just use that stuff @ComfortablyNumb suggested because its probably the safest option in this stage. OR grab yourself like a pretty sizeable monocle, probably at the local apothecary or perhaps the cobbler or haberdasher has a side gig in lenses, and some fine tweezers and spend and evening going leaf by leaf, branch by branch and removing them. Basically the same thing as organic potato beetle contol. Oooo, I bet if you can locate a portal to a steam punk alternative timeline it would be lousy with every kind of monocle imaginable.

Pisano

Pisano

Update:

I’m going to follow @ComfortablyNumb plan. I purchased Lady Bugs (coming today), I have and will continue to use Plant Therapy for now. Deleafing today and will spray again when I complete since it will be easier to get all the leaves considering it’s bushy as hell right now. I also purchased that exact microscope and that will be in tomorrow.

I think the photo below confirms the Broad Mites... let me know what you guys think. I pulled a couple leaves off and put under the 60x scope I have and can’t seem to find anything. Might have seen some eggs but also could just be pores or trichs. The leaf color and taco show signs of broad mite damage to me. Some leaves look like they have TMV now which is another sign from what I understand.

Hoping to save this round. I know the lady bugs will help but might be too late as their life cycle when they are babies might just hit close to harvest time.

Doing a bit more research, I’m going to use Suffoil X with what I currently have in Veg/Cones, next day release the predatory mite Amblyseius Cucumeris. I actually think that’s what I found in the pics and videos I sent.. look very similar to me.. shape, color, number of legs.. the fact I could spot it with my naked eye. If it’s the case, amazing how naturally a predator came in... kinda mad I killed the little guy now. Curious if you guys think it’s Cucumeris now too. See pics below.

Pisano

Pisano

1. Possible Broad mite leaf damage

2. Online photo of Preditory mite (8 legs)

3. My bug found that I believe is the predatory mite with 8 legs

733DAC62 6DD3 48A2 8C65 69DFDD164E2D
C156F5FF 3414 40F6 B513 C08C61232E35
59B29563 C298 4277 8B5F 1A310242F8C5
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

If you have a garden store close by see if they have mature ladybugs. I used to get 250 for $3 back in the day.

Pisano

Pisano

@ComfortablyNumb None of these stores around me have em. I had to order online.. pay more for shipping than I did for the lady bugs themselves 🙄

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

@ComfortablyNumb None of these stores around me have em. I had to order online.. pay more for shipping than I did for the lady bugs themselves 🙄
That sux, but you will be getting it under control.
How are you applying the plant therapy?
We mix it, then spray a small paper towel and use the to wipe the leaves and stems.
Then spray the soil and till it into the top inch of soil.

Pisano

Pisano

Just spraying the plant all over, under side of leaves, on top, sides... drenching em. Was told by PT to use 2x concentrated but will back down after seeing some hair burn.

Dosifry

Dosifry

If they are indeed thrips You can use captain jacks ( name brand) spinosad. Sry if someone already suggested it. I’ve killed off large colonies of thrips and mites w captain jacks. It is safe. No worries contaminating flowers. 2 oz per gallon.

Dosifry

Dosifry

I’ve never had it singe the bud hairs either. Don’t apply under strong lights but I’ve done that too w no I’ll effects. Just saying.. I’ll shut up now 🤐

mancorn

mancorn

I don’t think that’s TMV, but just a two-toned leaf mutation (which is pretty common).

Pisano

Pisano

@Dosifry appreciate ya!

Shit.. Did I panic for no reason? Anyone else think that bug could be the Cucumeris predator mite?? If @mancorn is right and my leaf pic is just a common leaf mutation.. I’m left with no signs of bug damage to the plant... just a shit ton of knowledge gained from the fellas @Farmer88 @ComfortablyNumb @cottageman @PizzaBob 🙏

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I don't know about the spots. I would keep a close eye on them just to be sure.
The rest of it is par for the course. We get worried about one thing and end up learning all sorts of goodies.

A little homework reading for you.

mancorn

mancorn

I don’t like spraying until I know the problem. (Unfortunately you have to get fucked a few times before you figure it out.) Clip and monitor.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I just saw some heat stress that looked similar from a distance.
Can you give us a close up of one of the spotty areas, both sides of the leaf?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Someone please 'splain why you wash your smoke. And how are you not washing trich's off?
There are video's on YT showing how to wash your buds. Just be gentle because you can wash off tric's with too vigorous washing.

I use 3 washes in 5 gallon buckets. 1st bucket cold water & 500ml peroxide. dip,swish and shake off before plunging into the 2nd bucket with a touch warmer water a plastic lemon and 1 cup baking soda, dip swish and shake off before plunging into the 3rd bucket with just cold water dip,swish shake off then hang with an osculating fan blowing on the buds lightly for about 2 hrs until dry to the touch & no more water dripping off. Then dry normally it works. rain dosent wash off trich's & neither will washing if done gently, get all wild and bang the buds around on the sides you will lose the heads off the trich's

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
For thought, might try it if i had them. A hot, gentle shower.
A cold water spray with the hose on a fine mist with some pressure will wash them off. Do it every day for 2-3 days outside if you can and sterilize your room with bleach while your plants are drying off out of the light.It will keep their numbers down but it won't get them all without some neem or other essential oils. I used a variety of oils but I found Neem worked the best. You can't use that shit in flower though just in veg. In flower just wash them off the best you can outside or in the shower, hold the plant to support while washing buds will get heavy and bend over without it. I get my wife to hold the plants while I've sprayed them down.

Latest posts

Top Bottom