Are these Spider Mites? Please help.

• Thread starter Pisano
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
zebrausa

zebrausa

I can't tell what these are but we spray with acid water to kill then two day later we use alkaline water to wash off and clean.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Russet
What magnification is this? I’m no expert but they look clear with 8 legs, not a two spotted spider mite, thrips are more cigar shaped and aphids are usually big, like you can see them easily with the naked eye. Russet mites are extremely small and look like beneficial mites which is kinda what this looks like. Once again not an expert at all but at first glance maybe a beneficial bug or (hopefully not) a russet mite?
Mites dont look anything like beneficial mites! Wtf? No no no. Where do you get this misinformation from? They have narrow bodies way different than swirski, andersoni, cucumeris, or any other benie ive seen pics of...gtfo!

mattb

mattb

Beneficial mites hypoasis miles . If it moves fast usually your ok . Plus those plants look great

Txconnection405

Txconnection405

Sulfur evaporator and wettable sulfur worked best for me. I saw only one broad once but always found eggs till just recently. They're no joke, trim your leaves off and spray then every other day run the evaporator in between spraying. Kill any plants that are obviously suffering it's a waste of effort.

Scar818

Scar818

Mu suggestion for thrips or mites would be azamax, crop control and plant therapy, mix azamax and crop control in your water and spray. Azamax with 40ml per gallon and crop control 75 ml per gallon. If those are thrips i would recommend straying twice with a 5-7 day internal in between. Your other options are spraying with plant therapy and monterey insecticide

cottageman

cottageman

Russet

Mites dont look anything like beneficial mites! Wtf? No no no. Where do you get this misinformation from? They have narrow bodies way different than swirski, andersoni, cucumeris, or any other benie ive seen pics of...gtfo!
I meant to say spider mites can be confused with beneficial mites my bad. And yes they do definitely look similar to beneficial mites they’re literally both mite species why would they not look similar?

Pisano

Pisano

Just an update, these were in fact the cucumeris.

I've been researching beneficial insects and have been working on a plan to get them into my next round. I hate spraying anyting tbh. I reached out to a couple bug companies to see what they recommend and was told to use nematodes, hypoaspis miles, andersoni and californicus... I know of some guys around me with russets and want to get in front of it cause I know its only a matter of time until they leak into my grow. Do the nematodes kill the hypoaspis/andersoni/californicus? I know the nematodes are in the root zone with the hypoaspis.. just want to make sure im not buy bugs that just kill each other.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Just an update, these were in fact the cucumeris.

I've been researching beneficial insects and have been working on a plan to get them into my next round. I hate spraying anyting tbh. I reached out to a couple bug companies to see what they recommend and was told to use nematodes, hypoaspis miles, andersoni and californicus... I know of some guys around me with russets and want to get in front of it cause I know its only a matter of time until they leak into my grow. Do the nematodes kill the hypoaspis/andersoni/californicus? I know the nematodes are in the root zone with the hypoaspis.. just want to make sure im not buy bugs that just kill each other.
That's a very good question and I have no idea.
I suggest you reach out to a Prof or two at Agricultural universities. Ask them that.
Just tell them you grow some food and herbs at home to offset expenses if it comes up. You do have some tomatoes planted, right?

Top Bottom