• Thread starter 2Water
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I disagree with that, I also grow indoors and outdoors
That has been my experience, with many different strains over the years.
Might not look as good but typically there’s a stronger and lengthier high, in my experience.
Some strains just thrive better outdoors,
As well some better indoor.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
Thank you sir, with regards to commercial seed banks, do you feel like the boom in legalization has helped or hurt the genetic pool and ultimately the seed supply we currently have? I have seen more mutations, failure to germinate and others recently over what was being recorded in the past. Do you think the seed banks play a role in that or is it just a difference in the amount of seeds being grown and recorded?
Well TBH I've used Nirvana before the legalization occured... now being legal at least 3 banks have screwed me.... I guess I'm a loyalist too... I find myself going back to use Nirvana 1st cause i truly find their genetics seems to almost always out do others....prices are always great with bogo sales...always since the mid 90s...

Not trying to be a promoter here but it's 1 seed Bank that's always been a constant in my grow life

2Water

2Water

Might not look as good but typically there’s a stronger and lengthier high, in my experience.
Have you done side by sides? If so, which benefited from one or the other?

2Water

2Water

Well TBH I've used Nirvana before the legalization occured... now being legal at least 3 banks have screwed me.... I guess I'm a loyalist too... I find myself going back to use Nirvana 1st cause i truly find their genetics seems to almost always out do others....prices are always great with bogo sales...always since the mid 90s...

Not trying to be a promoter here but it's 1 seed Bank that's always been a constant in my grow life
Consistency is important

PooToe

PooToe

Ok, but have you grown cultivars side by side to do true comparisons? I generally agree with your sentiment, just curious and being objective
I have. I've found the opposite to be true from what @1diesel1 stated. When I was working on NorCal farms we'd do indoor tent grows of the same cultivar to see the difference. Indoor flower was smaller but more potent for the most part. Outdoor flower was bigger but didn't seem to hit the level of high that indoor did nor did that high last as long. My anectdotal observation.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
What is you climate? Too many factors to make any side by side mean anything because we all have different enviornments. Pootoe had some large scale experience which is better

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
Well think of it like this... more demand creates more supply... so your gonna have more of the genetic mutations....

I think of it like pop corn... your gonna have a few of the uppopped kernels at bottom of bowl... those are your mutants and the good popcorn is your good seeds... as you add more bags.... more kernels will be at bottom of bowl....

Cause and effect
Supply and demand

2Water

2Water

I have. I've found the opposite to be true from what @1diesel1 stated. When I was working on NorCal farms we'd do indoor tent grows of the same cultivar to see the difference. Indoor flower was smaller but more potent for the most part. Outdoor flower was bigger but didn't seem to hit the level of high that indoor did nor did that high last as long. My anectdotal observation.
In regards to potency, was it the actual intensity of affect, duration or a combination of both?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Cool. It's all a lie. Farmers using agricultural engineers and botanists are just wasting their money. Big corps that have a lot at stake and depend on these people are doing it all for show. Marijuana is completely different in how it grows and its biology from other plants so that's why all these so called experts are bullshit. Gotcha........
yes a lot of it is bullshit and soo is all this modern breeding weed crap, all its doing is ruining marijuana, if your not old enough to have smoked marijuana earlier than 1990 than you don’t know the real high,..

2Water

2Water

So, it seems like we can all agree that environment plays either one way or the other.

From my understanding VPD is the measurement of the environmental factors so that we can use that measurement to gauge the stomatic response.

Any thoughts on that?

2Water

2Water

yes a lot of it is bullshit and soo is all this modern breeding weed crap, all its doing is ruining marijuana, if your not old enough to have smoked marijuana earlier than 1990 than you don’t know the real high,..
My take is the bullshit can only be manipulated in the presence of actual applications

PooToe

PooToe

Worked in NorCal from mid 80's.............

Respect your opinion but don't agree.

ACSippi

ACSippi

Cool. It's all a lie. Farmers using agricultural engineers and botanists are just wasting their money. Big corps that have a lot at stake and depend on these people are doing it all for show. Marijuana is completely different in how it grows and its biology from other plants so that's why all these so called experts are bullshit. Gotcha........
You don't get it. I'm not faulting you for that buy you gotta open your eyes to the big picture. If you don't want to maybe trust someone that does?

Now you're talking about farmers, growing food has been legal forever, sure botanists have a good understanding of how to grow corn. They're new to cannabis tho. So yeah, they're noobs in our world.

A lot of those big companies are failing. Paying big bucks for scientists then having to lay them off after they spend all that time getting things to run. Discarded so the business can save money yet still possess the knowledge. That's why I'd need a contract to work, I ain't setting someone up to grow millions of $s then they lay me off after paying me 60k. They'd save way more money using me then buying a stolen SOP they gotta figure out themselves with a 'master grower' that'll work for peanuts, way lower than what they would have payed me.

You said you worked in a facility? I know your mindset...

Top Bottom