• Thread starter Poekie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
I have been posting nearly daily updates with pics since dropping the seed on 16th October so you can get a very good idea of the grow if you have the time to read it, there's a few really good other entries as well
Thanks i didnt read all the 64 pages but saw plenty of pics from Miss Afghanistan.
I really like how you grew her, the result speaks for herself.
Honestly, you should win that boot contest.

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
I'm sure all my Topping and Training extended the grow period by a couple of weeks, also I'm growing indoor in Coco/Perlite and 24/0 light.
Also, i read you chopped at about 30% amber, i usually chop as soon as i see a bit of amber and only few transparent left.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Also, i read you chopped at about 30% amber, i usually chop as soon as i see a bit of amber and only few transparent left.
30% Amber was the plan at first because I wanted a more Stoner type weed but she doesn't seem to want to turn more colour so I'm chopping her today, she is all milky with 5-10% amber so I'm happy enough with that.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Thanks i didnt read all the 64 pages but saw plenty of pics from Miss Afghanistan.
I really like how you grew her, the result speaks for herself.
Honestly, you should win that boot contest.
Thanks a million man :-)
I must admit that I'm quite proud of how she turned out, I'm going to call this grow method.. The Cauliflower Grow Style 😎
I have just submitted my final entry picture in the competition/challenge thread 10 minutes ago if you want to see her, I called you Poekie Seeds from Spain in the credits 😁

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Looking for sour spyder by Mdanzig Advanced Automatixx. Fem autos or non fem autos.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
In case anyone is interested in Afghan, the Afghan Auto from Poekie I just grew are giving me a return of over 30% making kief hash and it is potent stuff.
I started out with 25g and ended up with 7 1/2g plus another 1/2g quite coloured but still nice stuff.
Leftover material are also still well worth keeping for alcohol extraction.
20210207 132548

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
In case anyone is interested in Afghan, the Afghan Auto from Poekie I just grew are giving me a return of over 30% making kief hash and it is potent stuff.
I started out with 25g and ended up with 7 1/2g plus another 1/2g quite coloured but still nice stuff.
Leftover material are also still well worth keeping for alcohol extraction. View attachment 1089645
Great !
That sounds like a real good result.
And looking very yummy.
You keep surprising me...
I always make bubble hash, but now that i see this gonna make some kief as well.
Could you explain how you make yours, always interesting how others do their thing.
Thanks

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Leftover material are also still well worth keeping for alcohol extraction. View attachment 1089645
And have you tried pressing (manually) ?
I find the smell becomes much stronger after pressing.
I guess the terpenes come out of the resin glands while pressing.
Or is that bro science lol

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
D4161D0D 07B2 466E 92C9 FF5F409A3015

That bubble hash i made with Scott’s OG, Kosher Kush and Crater Lake.
Very smelly, mainly from the Scott, still the best OG Kush i tried.
With this i won 2nd and 3rd price at the cannabis cup from Thc Valencia.
I did some experimenting, when the bubble was dry i made a packet in oven paper, prepared 2 metal plates heated up on the woodfire to about 60ºC and placed the packet in between and stood on it for a little while, pressing it with my body weight.
The result was spectacular, it looked like a light brown/amber rosin, like some caramel candy.

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
View attachment 1089860
That bubble hash i made with Scott’s OG, Kosher Kush and Crater Lake.
Very smelly, mainly from the Scott, still the best OG Kush i tried.
With this i won 2nd and 3rd price at the cannabis cup from Thc Valencia.
I did some experimenting, when the bubble was dry i made a packet in oven paper, prepared 2 metal plates heated up on the woodfire to about 60ºC and placed the packet in between and stood on it for a little while, pressing it with my body weight.
The result was spectacular, it looked like a light brown/amber rosin, like some caramel candy.
Before anybody says without a pic it didnt happen here’s some pics lol.
A431E4EF 369C 46B0 9525 7073CA5B63BA
25A77887 A8A3 40AB 96E2 A8F623E30D69
84A75B19 322D 49F6 A3A9 F33FA731380C

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Great !
That sounds like a real good result.
And looking very yummy.
You keep surprising me...
I always make bubble hash, but now that i see this gonna make some kief as well.
Could you explain how you make yours, always interesting how others do their thing.
Thanks
I have been making my kief in a sort of kitchen/ghetto/McGyver type of way, I've been using a small food processor with variable speed, a regular kitchen sieve, another sieve from my juicing gear, my stash/sift box, and the hydraulic press in my Norwalk juicer.
The cones I pressed manually using a small plastic zip lock bag pressing into a corner with my thumbs and just giving it heat and pressure from my hands/fingers.
I have the small 1 gallon Bubblebags and have played with the ice water hash a little, but I haven't quite reached the quality that you have there in the pictures from the awards... Not just yet 😎
That's really cool awards to have, congrats man :-)

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
And have you tried pressing (manually) ?
I find the smell becomes much stronger after pressing.
I guess the terpenes come out of the resin glands while pressing.
Or is that bro science lol

I think the bit of heat generated from pressing itself is making it smellier and more pungent too, coins and small pucks I have seen made very succesfull with a quality pollen press and a heat gun, press-heat-press a little more-heat more etc... Then let cool down as much as you have time for, done right you can turn your lower grade kief into nice great standard type green/brown hash, it's one of my next experiments :-)

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
I have been making my kief in a sort of kitchen/ghetto/McGyver type of way, I've been using a small food processor with variable speed, a regular kitchen sieve, another sieve from my juicing gear, my stash/sift box, and the hydraulic press in my Norwalk juicer.
The cones I pressed manually using a small plastic zip lock bag pressing into a corner with my thumbs and just giving it heat and pressure from my hands/fingers.
I have the small 1 gallon Bubblebags and have played with the ice water hash a little, but I haven't quite reached the quality that you have there in the pictures from the awards... Not just yet 😎
That's really cool awards to have, congrats man :-)
McGyver hash sounds nice !
Interesting to see how creative people get with making hash.
Love it.
Stopped going to the cannabis cups some years ago.
Just wanna grow plants, make seeds and medicine.

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Hello fellow growers its spring again, slowly getting warmer here, about time to start my outside grow.

Gonna do a spring sale, all seeds 1 dollar, minimum order 20.

Still available:

Piña
Mamba
Cheese Magnum
Og Kush Mandarin
Crítical Nevil Haze
Crítical Orange Punch

Just starting to make new:
Auto Afghan, Green Poison and Zkittlez.

PM for more information.
Thanks

Moshmen

Moshmen

Get some of these beans guys :-)
I had excellent success with the Afghan Auto and I am currently growing a Magnum and a Pina, Magnum is a real big girl in week nine and looks very promising.
+1 you won’t be disappointed! I finished magnum a couple runs ago and have Neville running/finishing now! And well u gave already heard about the Afghan!

0AC38DC4 2D41 4347 A337 4B6F60350A3C
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom