Autos Maybe

• Thread starter Broken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Enforcer

Enforcer

Hey @str8smokn @incogneato I think you both have experience with Foxfarms soil. Mine is the HappyFrog which from reading seems not as hot as the FFOF I have to water tomorrow AM the water has been bubbling but I have not put anything in it. I am using Fox farms nutes. Tomorrow will be day 19 would you recommend water again or add any of this from their schedule?
I used the Big Bloom, Grow Big, and Tiger Bloom. As well as the Open Sesame, Beastie Bloom, and Cha Ching. They are fine but very strong. Part of the reason my first run sucked was I over fed. I would suggest when you decide to start the feeding schedule, begin using the liquids at 1/2 strength and the dry at 1/4 strength.

As far as when to begin feeding and feed frequency in soil, I don’t have the best of experience there lol.

str8smokn

str8smokn

Yes I think you could start using it also at 1/2 strength of recommended dose.

Once you have your second set of true leafs I would start using the Grow Big Veg food at 1/2 strength also.
STR8

str8smokn

str8smokn

After going back and looking , I think your ready to start feeding some Veg nutes.
At the next watering add 1/2 strength of the Veg food.
Water first with just 1/2 a cup or so of water , then 30 minutes later water with your nutrient solution.
The first watering will break the tension and give your feed water a better dispersion thro the p0t.
STR8

Broken

Broken

After going back and looking , I think your ready to start feeding some Veg nutes.
At the next watering add 1/2 strength of the Veg food.
Water first with just 1/2 a cup or so of water , then 30 minutes later water with your nutrient solution.
The first watering will break the tension and give your feed water a better dispersion thro the p0t.
STR8

I had watered with 1/4 strength this morning and had to divide what water I had up so each pot got about 16 ounces. I couldn't water to any run off because my year has started out with frozen water lines.

incogneato

incogneato

I had watered with 1/4 strength this morning and had to divide what water I had up so each pot got about 16 ounces. I couldn't water to any run off because my year has started out with frozen water lines.
Str8 prob has more exp with soil than i do so id hate to disagree but i dont think you really need to feed nutes just yet. Weak feed wont hurt but i doubt you need it yet. How much could those little plants have depleted from the soil so far? Sorry to hear your pipes busted, been there. So far the biggest thing i learned is to keep it simple. I know we want to do all we can to make these things grow to their full pottential but the best thing you can do is k.i.s.s. and get out of your own way. Over loving your plants is the best way to mess them up. Good watering practices will be your most important skill. Thats made the biggest difference in my grows so far. Lets see some updated pics with each question, things change fast and it will help people give good advice. Happy New Year btw brotha.

Broken

Broken

Str8 prob has more exp with soil than i do so id hate to disagree but i dont think you really need to feed nutes just yet. Weak feed wont hurt but i doubt you need it yet. How much could those little plants have depleted from the soil so far? Sorry to hear your pipes busted, been there. So far the biggest thing i learned is to keep it simple. I know we want to do all we can to make these things grow to their full pottential but the best thing you can do is k.i.s.s. and get out of your own way. Over loving your plants is the best way to mess them up. Good watering practices will be your most important skill. Thats made the biggest difference in my grows so far. Lets see some updated pics with each question, things change fast and it will help people give good advice. Happy New Year btw brotha.
The year started off shitty can I skip 2018? Water and internet went out. Net is Back but do temps it will most likely be a week without our water back on.

The FastBuds GSC says "likes a good feed so be sure to up the nutes above what you might normally expect to use." Right now my nutes chart says
Big Bloom - 6 tsp ( 0 - 0.5 - 0.7) EWC tea
Grow Big 2 tsp ( 6 - 4 - 4 ) earthworm castings and Norwegian kelp enough nutrients and trace minerals to create the kind of healthy branching
Boomerang 1 tsp ( 2 - 0.2 - 0.3 )Boomerang’s® microbial-based formula helps plants bounce back and thrive while encouraging new root growth and vegetative growth. It contains solubilized organic nutrition that is immediately available for amazingly fast recovery of stressed plants; Boomerang® can also be used as a vegetative supplement.
Kangaroots .5 tsp ( 0.8 - 0.1 - 0.03 )
is a liquid root drench formulation designed to enhance the proliferation and root mass development of both primary and secondary roots.
it contains nutrients specifically designed to be immediately available to plants and roots alike. Kangaroots® also contains concentrated amounts of microbes designed for hosting not only directly on the roots, but in the soil around them. it supplies essential macro and micronutrients that plants thrive on for both hydroponic and soil applications. For optimal results, follow the FoxFarm feeding schedule.

Microbe Brew .5 tsp Plant Food Activator ( 1.0 - 0.3 - 0.2 )
Bush Doctor® Microbe Brew® is a liquid suspension microbial inoculant with a complex blend of ingredients specially formulated to help plants achieve optimum microbial habitats at the root zone.
Microbe Brew® contains concentrated amounts of fungi and bacteria spores that will encourage large populations to colonize at a rapid pace. Microbe Brew® includes organic micronutrients that will feed your plant and microorganisms as well.

Wholly Mackerel .5 tsp I have none
This is suppose to have 1260 -1470ppm if mixed that way
today 1 gallon bottle with 1 1/2tsp Big bloom, 1/2tsp GrowBig and nothing else.

Im thinking just water next time, unless we decide different. Then try nutes 1/4 strength with next water they would be at 3 1/2 weeks.

incogneato

incogneato

The year started off shitty can I skip 2018? Water and internet went out. Net is Back but do temps it will most likely be a week without our water back on.

The FastBuds GSC says "likes a good feed so be sure to up the nutes above what you might normally expect to use." Right now my nutes chart says
Grow Big 2 tsp ( 6 - 4 - 4 ) earthworm castings and Norwegian kelp enough nutrients and trace minerals to create the kind of healthy branching
Boomerang 1 tsp ( 2 - 0.2 - 0.3 )Boomerang’s® microbial-based formula helps plants bounce back and thrive while encouraging new root growth and vegetative growth. It contains solubilized organic nutrition that is immediately available for amazingly fast recovery of stressed plants; Boomerang® can also be used as a vegetative supplement.
is a liquid root drench formulation designed to enhance the proliferation and root mass development of both primary and secondary roots.
it contains nutrients specifically designed to be immediately available to plants and roots alike. Kangaroots® also contains concentrated amounts of microbes designed for hosting not only directly on the roots, but in the soil around them. it supplies essential macro and micronutrients that plants thrive on for both hydroponic and soil applications. For optimal results, follow the FoxFarm feeding schedule.

Bush Doctor® Microbe Brew® is a liquid suspension microbial inoculant with a complex blend of ingredients specially formulated to help plants achieve optimum microbial habitats at the root zone.
Microbe Brew® contains concentrated amounts of fungi and bacteria spores that will encourage large populations to colonize at a rapid pace. Microbe Brew® includes organic micronutrients that will feed your plant and microorganisms as well.

Im thinking just water next time, unless we decide different. Then try nutes 1/4 strength with next water they would be at 3 1/2 weeks.
Damn thats tuff on the water situation. Sorry to hear you have to deal with that bro. The nutes sound like good stuff, not sure why there needs to be so many different bacterial inoculants but it still sounds like good stuff.

Damn thats tuff on the water situation. Sorry to hear you have to deal with that bro. I think your instincts are right on. I thought about it and im gonna put my foot in my mouth. Str8 grows in soil so he knows what hes talkiing about. Can you get a pic of em up? Are they showing maturity at all?

madgrower

madgrower

Ok found happy frog soil local today and will be adding pearlite to it. (no used soil) Wish I had some 3 gallon smart pots. I think 5 gallon maybe too much and 2 not enough. I wish I could find someone growing Auto's in soil showing the end result of there roots. @Grow4me got any pics?

It looks like we will be transferring 7 seedling the 8th seed was a dud .

@jipp if your out there bud "Bowl Up"
i use 10 gallon pots and their full of roots when the plants come dowm

incogneato

incogneato

Got to hit the bed catch you in the morning
We both crashed around the same time. They look good bro. i was asking if they were just watered because they look a lil droopy and i wanted to make sure they're not being overwatered. I would pribably go with water, water, feed until they show a lil sign of hunger. Hope you get water soon bro.

Broken

Broken

We both crashed around the same time. They look good bro. i was asking if they were just watered because they look a lil droopy and i wanted to make sure they're not being overwatered. I would pribably go with water, water, feed until they show a lil sign of hunger. Hope you get water soon bro.

I was up way past my bedtime lol. I think I may have just watered in too close a circle in the first couple weeks especially with the soil not being wet before planning. I figure this may have caused slow growth causing them to be small for the 3 week mark. With this I just wanted to make sure I give them every advantage because with these Autos I now realize there is no time to correct mistakes and each oops means less yield. A double edge sword it is, By the time you see a deficiency and adjust you have lost some potential growth but if your proactive you risk losing growth due to nute burn or lock out. So watch them daily and take pics and compare it will have to be. Making me stress while trying to get it right lol.

Thanks for the help and for the positive vibes on the water but it will most likely be a week or more before its back on.

incogneato

incogneato

I was up way past my bedtime lol. I think I may have just watered in too close a circle in the first couple weeks especially with the soil not being wet before planning. I figure this may have caused slow growth causing them to be small for the 3 week mark. With this I just wanted to make sure I give them every advantage because with these Autos I now realize there is no time to correct mistakes and each oops means less yield. A double edge sword it is, By the time you see a deficiency and adjust you have lost some potential growth but if your proactive you risk losing growth due to nute burn or lock out. So watch them daily and take pics and compare it will have to be. Making me stress while trying to get it right lol.

Thanks for the help and for the positive vibes on the water but it will most likely be a week or more before its back on.
No doubt, just want to make sure you dont burn them. Thats harder to fix and also costs yield and potency. I think you're on the right track with your feed anyway so dont stress brotha. They're fine for 3 weeks from seed and when they're ready they'll take off.

Broken

Broken

i use 10 gallon pots and their full of roots when the plants come dowm
With Auto's ?

No doubt, just want to make sure you dont burn them. Thats harder to fix and also costs yield and potency. I think you're on the right track with your feed anyway so dont stress brotha. They're fine for 3 weeks from seed and when they're ready they'll take off.
Thanks man . After aborting last run I need a win even if I were growing roses lol. Reading 58 pages of noobs asking questions might have me gun shy a little lol.

Left the house to run errands today and was 10 miles away before I realized I left me wallet at home and had to go back and then while out I lost my debt card for a few hours. Getting all my headaches out for the month early I hope.

Broken

Broken

First pic is the sickling overwatered maybe lockout? One of the 2 Purple ryder is a Darker green then all others probably the best looking plant. a couple of the others a little light coloring on the newer growth.

With water being scarce around here I let the humidifier run out last night but had to put some in this morning RH was at 29%

20180103 114410
20180103 114625
20180103 114632
20180103 114640
20180103 114848
20180103 114904
20180103 114927
jipp

jipp

yeah that first picture the plant is looking as rough as me. laughs.

i put 2 pineapple chunk seeds into a bowl of water today. i also took a hand full of blue cookies x 93 seeds that had tails and pop them into dirt too. i have a shit load of the blue x 93 so im just gonna pop beans until i have to many them sprouting hopefully then cull the weak links or something. laughs, as i always get to many males otherwise.

white widow auto is growing fine, as is aphrodite fem. so, two chicks for sure. and maybe the others will pop too.. not tossed them yet. so hopefully ill be able to make this work.

and i really hope the pineapple seeds will pop. that oil will taste so good.

incogneato

incogneato

First pic is the sickling overwatered maybe lockout? One of the 2 Purple ryder is a Darker green then all others probably the best looking plant. a couple of the others a little light coloring on the newer growth.

With water being scarce around here I let the humidifier run out last night but had to put some in this morning RH was at 29%
Yea she just looks a lil overwatered. They're looking good overall bro. Id just let that runt dry out a little more before you water her again. Im battling low humidity in my veg tent too.

Broken

Broken

yeah that first picture the plant is looking as rough as me. laughs.

i put 2 pineapple chunk seeds into a bowl of water today. i also took a hand full of blue cookies x 93 seeds that had tails and pop them into dirt too. i have a shit load of the blue x 93 so im just gonna pop beans until i have to many them sprouting hopefully then cull the weak links or something. laughs, as i always get to many males otherwise.

white widow auto is growing fine, as is aphrodite fem. so, two chicks for sure. and maybe the others will pop too.. not tossed them yet. so hopefully ill be able to make this work.

and i really hope the pineapple seeds will pop. that oil will taste so good.
Maybe "you" are just over watered? :) I will have the benefit of your grow experience when I drop those PC.

I hope some of other beans pop I been known to dig them up lol Thats why I get a spout at least before I drop them now.

Yea she just looks a lil overwatered. They're looking good overall bro. Id just let that runt dry out a little more before you water her again. Im battling low humidity in my veg tent too.
Yeah the ugly thing has some tiny spots on some of those ugly leafs but has some ugly new growth to which confuses me that in her shape anything new would start. I have the RH back to 50% trying to get my heater and Ink bird worked out.

Top Bottom