• Thread starter Broken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Do not water until run off!!!!
That plant is way to small, your pot will stay wet for a week if you do that.

All you got to do is water the plant every other day or so . Just around the plant , not the whole pot yet.
Give them just Staight water and they will snap out of it.
Your over thinking this and making hard on yourself.
There is plenty of nutes in the soil to last for 3 weeks or so.
STR8
Its how i start mine... soak the dirt and let it dry out

IMG 20171227 183859 589
IMG 20171227 163941 632
Broken

Broken

The ph of a coke is 2.52 ....test your pen

Thank you very much I am going to go do that right away and test the water and then soil with my water
But if you get coke wet its really hard to....
It will get stuck in my nose?

Do not water until run off!!!!
That plant is way to small, your pot will stay wet for a week if you do that.

All you got to do is water the plant every other day or so . Just around the plant , not the whole pot yet.
Give them just Staight water and they will snap out of it.
Your over thinking this and making hard on yourself.
There is plenty of nutes in the soil to last for 3 weeks or so.
STR8

Straight water is it. As for overthinking it I am a very hands on parent lol. I check them 3-4 times a day

Thanks everyone

GT21 I on page 21 of 12 in 12

Broken

Broken

The ph of a coke is 2.52 ....test your pen
Ok thought I was smart enough to do this. Fail. Can you explain how to do this? My pen goes to 6.86 when you hold in the button. Can you please educate an old man?

As for watering my pot until run off compared to you. I have 1 plant for 3.75 gallons of dirt and you have it looks like 1/2 of dirt with a dozen plants. I would think that and the fact that if lose a single plant or a dozen you don't sweat it if I lose one its a lost to total harvest as I only have 8 and will not grow again probably until next fall

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Ok thought I was smart enough to do this. Fail. Can you explain how to do this? My pen goes to 6.86 when you hold in the button. Can you please educate an old man?

As for watering my pot until run off compared to you. I have 1 plant for 3.75 gallons of dirt and you have it looks like 1/2 of dirt with a dozen plants. I would think that and the fact that if lose a single plant or a dozen you don't sweat it if I lose one its a lost to total harvest as I only have 8 and will not grow again probably until next fall
Do you have ph drops to check against your pen? Just use tap water..

You wont lose any of yours.... im looking for select stuff and most will get chopped.

Heres a list of common drinks you can test your pen with.

And btw... you dont have to water to runoff all the time.... you are checking ONCE how the water ph reacts to the soil ph.... but ya... when i put a seed in i soak it good and leave it

Last edited:
incogneato

incogneato

As you can see theres more than one way to go about things. I think str8 is right about overthinking it lol. But thats what you're gonna do when its new to you. I think you're doing great if it makes you feel better it looks like both of these experienced growers do things differently with success. The most important thing to me is consistency. Once you find your way, keep things that way as best you can. No big swings in ph, temp, rh, feedings etc.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
As you can see theres more than one way to go about things. I think str8 is right about overthinking it lol. But thats what you're gonna do when its new to you. I think you're doing great if it makes you feel better it looks like both of these experienced growers do things differently with success. The most important thing to me is consistency. Once you find your way, keep things that way as best you can. No big swings in ph, temp, rh, feedings etc.
The worst part is when someone new has a problem and starts adding nutes.... thats the WORST thing you can do to a young plant

incogneato

incogneato

The worst part is when someone new has a problem and starts adding nutes.... thats the WORST thing you can do to a young plant
I couldnt agree more. Especially because as a new grower you dont really understand nutes in the first place. So then you see lockout or burn and add more to fix it. Plants that small have all they need. Especially in soil

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I couldnt agree more. Especially because as a new grower you dont really understand nutes in the first place. So then you see lockout or burn and add more to fix it. Plants that small have all they need. Especially in soil
And especially in the auto world... if you stunt or fry a plant.... you WILL lose in flower.... you cant just add a few weeks to veg and fix them

Broken

Broken

OK decided the pen was junk as it could not even duplicate its own results .
I know from my past this well water is about 6.6-6.8 IIRC

Here are 3 pics the first is straight from the tap with drops added.
2nd is water drained off soil test without adding drops. just to show coloration.
3rd is soil test water with drops added. Not sure if this test helps due to the discolored water from soil test
Tell me what you see.

20171228 130257
20171228 131703
20171228 134844
str8smokn

str8smokn

@GT21 he only has one plant in a 3 gal pot, your pic has about 10/12 sprouts in one 2 gal pot maybe.
Not dissing by any means but I don’t think it will work him, not at this time .
Also if your checking on them 3 times a day , are you adding /messing with them that often or just staring at them/ admiring?
STR8

str8smokn

str8smokn

There’s nothing wrong with admiring them, but they shouldn’t need attending to that often at this stage.
It’s proven that just you talking to your plants can increase your CO2 in your grow , any boost is a plus when indoors.
So tell them how much you love em and want to spoil them.
Just don’t spoil them yet. !!
Hehe
STR8

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
OK decided the pen was junk as it could not even duplicate its own results .
I know from my past this well water is about 6.6-6.8 IIRC

Here are 3 pics the first is straight from the tap with drops added.
2nd is water drained off soil test without adding drops. just to show coloration.
3rd is soil test water with drops added. Not sure if this test helps due to the discolored water from soil test
Tell me what you see.
Hey thats a good well. My buddies well across town is a 9.5... headache

Broken

Broken

There’s nothing wrong with admiring them, but they shouldn’t need attending to that often at this stage.
It’s proven that just you talking to your plants can increase your CO2 in your grow , any boost is a plus when indoors.
So tell them how much you love em and want to spoil them.
Just don’t spoil them yet. !!
Hehe
STR8
Mostly admiring Them but also micro managing the temp in the room and humidity. Turn the pots if they are leaning. Its either that or watch tv or on here right now.

Hey thats a good well. My buddies well across town is a 9.5... headache
Yes its good water straight out the the ground on its own draining into a a catch basin (well box) then pumped into the house with about 40-50ppm

jipp

jipp

@Broken - 1 Aphrodite, and 1 white widow auto pop ground last night some time.
they both are nice so far, nice thick shoots, and healthy. cant say much more than that with just there cotyledons exposed of course. from the blue cookies i have 2 seedlings im keeping a eye on..

thank you once again for the girls who will put out, laughs err i mean fems and autos. :D

bowls up homie.

Broken

Broken

@Broken - 1 Aphrodite, and 1 white widow auto pop ground last night some time.
they both are nice so far, nice thick shoots, and healthy. cant say much more than that with just there cotyledons exposed of course. from the blue cookies i have 2 seedlings im keeping a eye on..

thank you once again for the girls who will put out, laughs err i mean fems and autos. :D

bowls up homie.
Good to hear something poked its head out. I have one 5 day old GSC auto that seems healthy. of the 7 other ones 6 are healthy and growing daily the other one is a lost cause its alive but small and sickly. I should probably trash it.

On the girls I never had the patients for one that wouldn't put out lol and your welcome it will be cool to see them grow and hear a smoke report.

Broken

Broken

Well I wish I had did more reading before I started this grow. I would have seen pictures of plants at different ages and realized mine are awful small even though they look healthy.

I think the problem might have been because I was afraid of over watering I may have not wet enough soil to allow the roots to grow as they should. Them being Auto's I figure this will cost me because its not like I can just veg them longer.

Tallest plant is maybe 6" tall and only a couple have their first set of 5 finger leafs. I will take some pictures later tonight. They are 17 days old.

@str8smokn I have been reading a lot of your old post in the Accurate Information thread. What ever happened to Seraphim19? Seems like a loss of a wealth of knowledge.

Top Bottom