Bad Red Bitch - The Search For Red

• Thread starter Seraphim19
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
str8smokn

str8smokn

Yours is doing better then mine . Mine is still kicking the first leafs.
STR8

Quagmire

Quagmire

Yours is doing better then mine . Mine is still kicking the first leafs.
STR8

Yeah, mine were a bit slow to start to but now are doing much better.. last night I hit them with a full on feeding instead of 1/4 strength like I usually do because I'm on my 3rd run with this same soil so figure it's getting a bit depleted in some nutrients and especially Nitrogen.. Today I plan on making a feeding chart to post up like I talked about early in the thread showing what nutrients I'll be using and when and how much.. actually just ordered a bloom booster I used in the past that works extremely well, although it's not organic like the rest of my nutrients are and thus I'll most likely use it solo at like week 5 or thereabouts...

All I can do now is be hopeful that I get a male and female of these BRB so I can make some F1 seeds so next time I run them I can drop down about 15 of them giving me a better chance of finding 6 lovely females to grow... but still, this should be lots of fun..

Quagmire

Quagmire

My 2 plants are doing ok but I'm wondering if they don't have a bit of Blueberry in them with the leaf curling I'm seeing early on. Very strange twisting and curling in with some slight damage on the 1st & 2nd sets of jagged leafs... but as the new growth comes in beyond that the plants are healthy looking as can be so far. I'm hoping it has now stopped and from this point on things will be fine.. hope you guys are having some luck, how are yours doing Seraphim?

str8smokn

str8smokn

Can I see a pic? I think mine is doing the same and I was wondering if I've already shocked it somehow. I will get pic up tomorrow of mine,it's just getting into its first set of leafs
STR8

Quagmire

Quagmire

yeah, hang on let me take a new photo.... be right back

Ok, here are both plants

IMG 0014
IMG 0010

Last edited:
str8smokn

str8smokn

Thanks Quag. Mine is twisting the first set of leafs so far and they are in seed starter soil so I couldn't understand why.
STR8

Quagmire

Quagmire

Mine are in recycled soil but so are a bunch of others including 2 strains I just made new crosses of and all of them are doing fine.. I thought the newer leaf's were doing much better but as they get bigger I'm seeing them starting to curl in a bit also.. and I've never seen plants having deficiency issues this soon as most have foods stored within themselves to get by the first 2wks..
IMG 0015

Now here is a shot of one of my other plants.. hope Seraphim doesn't mind me showing it here..
IMG 0017

so not sure what's going on as I have 16 like this but both BRB's are having issues.. wtf

str8smokn

str8smokn

I guess we shall see,and ride this bitch on out. Thanks again for the pics I will get mine up tomorrow.
STR8

Quagmire

Quagmire

Thanks Quag. Mine is twisting the first set of leafs so far and they are in seed starter soil so I couldn't understand why.
STR8

No, my brother, I don't think it's anything you or I've done but maybe they'll grow out of it ya know.. I've had true Blueberry plants start out with this type of twisting and they looked awful early on, but within 2wks they had snapped out of it and were doing fine.. they also seem to have a slight yellowing to the veins also..

Quagmire

Quagmire

I spent some time goofing off with my Paint program last night and made this feeding schedule...
IMG 0015

Panacea79

Panacea79

I spent some time goofing off with my Paint program last night and made this feeding schedule...
View attachment 541956
Hey quag, I see that u use ure rooting feed every other week. The one i use says to use it during weeks 1 and 2 of veg then again during weeks 1 and 2 of bloom. Now I know all nutes are different but in your opinion do u think my plants, or plants in general, would benefit from root nutes throughout the grow?

Quagmire

Quagmire

Things are beginning to turn around for old Quagy here and I'm pretty stoked.. The more Indica dominant looking plant has almost rid itself of all leaf curling already while the more mixed pheno. is still showing it a bit on it's 2nd set of real leafs. Although it does have a bit of curl the necrosis look it had along with it is really clearing up.. I did give them a feed at week 1 which I usually don't and they seemed to of liked it a lot.. Maybe since Seraphim has worked them so far in generations using his feeding regiment they are more dependent on early feedings then some other genetics, who knows... we are constantly learning about this wonderful plant, I know that.. Here are mine around day #12

IMG 0001
IMG 0003
IMG 0008

Puppy Approved...lol
IMG 0012

Quagmire

Quagmire

Hey quag, I see that u use ure rooting feed every other week. The one i use says to use it during weeks 1 and 2 of veg then again during weeks 1 and 2 of bloom. Now I know all nutes are different but in your opinion do u think my plants, or plants in general, would benefit from root nutes throughout the grow?

Not necessarily Pan.. I think the biggest thing about growing is getting to know your strains really.. I've just found by using this particular Root66 product that I get the best results by using it this way, as soon as I run out of it I intend on switching it out with a product by Fertilome with more Vit B-1 and some other particulars I'm looking for in an organic rooting stimulator.. I'm trying to stay as close as I can within the Roots Organic line but a few items I think necessary to punch up my grow a bit are just not available thru them..

But, I get back to knowing your strain.. I just grew out AK47 x Sour60 3 times and by the 3rd grow I'd changed a few things, so good note taking is a must and the more you grow one strain the better you figure out what she needs.. like some just gobble up Cal/Mag, especially in a high Coco Mix, and some perform better with more Nitrogen later into the grow.. all of this can be very strain dependent.. So many hybrids these days have a different ratio of Indica to Sativa and can even vary within the cross by phenotypes..

One thing I did figuring out what this BuggleguN needed (AK x Sour60) was on my 2nd grow I only fed once during veg and twice during flowering to see what if any deficiencies I might have.. and to my surprise I had very little showing the plants were getting almost everything needed from this great soil I use.. Roots Organic, read up on it's ingredients at most any hydro store. Best soil I've ever used and I've used a LOT of them...

Panacea79

Panacea79

Not necessarily Pan.. I think the biggest thing about growing is getting to know your strains really.. I've just found by using this particular Root66 product that I get the best results by using it this way, as soon as I run out of it I intend on switching it out with a product by Fertilome with more Vit B-1 and some other particulars I'm looking for in an organic rooting stimulator.. I'm trying to stay as close as I can within the Roots Organic line but a few items I think necessary to punch up my grow a bit are just not available thru them..

But, I get back to knowing your strain.. I just grew out AK47 x Sour60 3 times and by the 3rd grow I'd changed a few things, so good note taking is a must and the more you grow one strain the better you figure out what she needs.. like some just gobble up Cal/Mag, especially in a high Coco Mix, and some perform better with more Nitrogen later into the grow.. all of this can be very strain dependent.. So many hybrids these days have a different ratio of Indica to Sativa and can even vary within the cross by phenotypes..

One thing I did figuring out what this BuggleguN needed (AK x Sour60) was on my 2nd grow I only fed once during veg and twice during flowering to see what if any deficiencies I might have.. and to my surprise I had very little showing the plants were getting almost everything needed from this great soil I use.. Roots Organic, read up on it's ingredients at most any hydro store. Best soil I've ever used and I've used a LOT of them...

Thanks man! And I will DEFINITELY check that soil out as I'm thinking I'm gonna try and go a little more organic with my grows going forward as well as implementing LED's

Quagmire

Quagmire

Thanks man! And I will DEFINITELY check that soil out as I'm thinking I'm gonna try and go a little more organic with my grows going forward as well as implementing LED's

I thought seriously about going with LED's just because of the constant battle I have with heat issues, but instead, I decided to go with a 400w vs a 600w or 1000w light.. Although I'd love to add some LED strips for side lighting eh !!
Man, I've been thru all the soils: Foxfarm's both light warrior and Ocean Forrest, 3 types of Pro mix be it the compressed 3.8 cu ft units or the bags, Coirbrick in small bricks to 5kg large bricks but found out if you purchase the wrong type you'll battle nutrient issues or retaining sodium.. Used Coco for a few years and finally got tired of fighting headaches with it.. then took a break for almost 5yrs until about 9mos ago.. got lucky and purchased an entire Roots Organic starter kit w/light, foods etc etc for $299 at Xmas time and never looked back.
This soil is the best I've ever used and re-used now 3x's
Roots organic soil

Make sure you use this exact green bag and stay away from the one called " 707 " as the soil in that one is a bit more for outside work ok... Now I used to do this years ago using a friend, Subcool's , own private mix he created.. Problem is it cost me a buttload of $$ to make it and it was much more then I needed, breaking down the ingredients for a smaller grow was not easy either...

Plus, when I found this stuff by Roots it has most of the products he used and I found that very cool.. the great thing about this is for Auto Flowering it has almost everything a plant needs and matter of fact my 2nd grow I fed them once during veg and once during flowering using only a PK booster.. best hidden secret of an experienced grower man... PK 13/14 used at week 5-7 depending on finishing time.. you won't regret switching to this.... nice price too...

Quagmire

Quagmire

Well guess what people... here I am at exactly day #14 and both plants have shown sex.. barely, I mean I have to view it thru a 30x jewelers loop ($5.00, great investment) but it's there.. on the slightly taller plant clustering and on the shorter one with less leaf curling 2 hairs coming out in 2 locations... I am jazzed because I fully intend on making F1 seeds for myself to keep in stock and work this strain into who knows what.. I have a few other plants I may hit with it, who knows with me.. lol.
Just thought I'd share this with ya'll ..

Maybe our Guru Seraphim will chime in soon and talk to us about this leaf curl and what he thinks it may be...nutrient deficiency or trait of the mystery Sativa he used in it.. lol

hope others have the same luck.. peace

north knect

north knect

Well guess what people... here I am at exactly day #14 and both plants have shown sex.. barely, I mean I have to view it thru a 30x jewelers loop ($5.00, great investment) but it's there.. on the slightly taller plant clustering and on the shorter one with less leaf curling 2 hairs coming out in 2 locations... I am jazzed because I fully intend on making F1 seeds for myself to keep in stock and work this strain into who knows what.. I have a few other plants I may hit with it, who knows with me.. lol.
Just thought I'd share this with ya'll ..

Maybe our Guru Seraphim will chime in soon and talk to us about this leaf curl and what he thinks it may be...nutrient deficiency or trait of the mystery Sativa he used in it.. lol

hope others have the same luck.. peace
You lucky bum quagmire lol..what were thE chances of getting your male and female out if 2 seeds!? Not one of mine sprouted and I thought mb it was a bad batch of water of somthing on my part but I soaked 3 of your bubbleguns last night and already have 2 tails poking out..if ya make a few BRB beans let me kno..I still anxious to grow this out..hopefully u find that red pheno..well happy farming folks

Top Bottom