Bad Red Bitch - The Search For Red

• Thread starter Seraphim19
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Quagmire

Quagmire

My two have shown sex and I got 1 male and 1 female.

I had a bad batch of soil recently but these babies were the first put in new soil so they have escaped the vicious yellowing that my other plants have suffered.

the male has been killed, I am doing a feminised seed run at the moment so I cant risk any other pollen contaminating the seeds.
Here he is before the chop
View attachment 544655
Side View
View attachment 544656
Balls!
View attachment 544657

I know that this girl will be contaminated by the feminised weapon x pollen I am making at the moment, but I really don't mind a few fem RED X seeds wont hurt.

That male has some awesome structure to him eh Seraphim?? very nice donator .

I'm going to have to invest in some of those pots M8te.. your plants always look so dang healthy and I've read such great things about how those type of pots help with root production and health..
since these BRB's are not of the best generation I too am not making pure F1 seeds but contaminating them with my Sniper, which could create something very cool so who knows.. the Sniper is: AK47 x Sour60 F1 x (Assassin F1) x( Godzilla Grape #5 x Superfreak).. size should really increase and the Superfreak is from SSSC M39, a really potent plant with great size capabilities.. check her out at day 50

Superfreak 2 day 50
Superfreak Day 50

Panacea79

Panacea79

That male has some awesome structure to him eh Seraphim?? very nice donator .

I'm going to have to invest in some of those pots M8te.. your plants always look so dang healthy and I've read such great things about how those type of pots help with root production and health..
since these BRB's are not of the best generation I too am not making pure F1 seeds but contaminating them with my Sniper, which could create something very cool so who knows.. the Sniper is: AK47 x Sour60 F1 x (Assassin F1) x( Godzilla Grape #5 x Superfreak).. size should really increase and the Superfreak is from SSSC M39, a really potent plant with great size capabilities.. check her out at day 50

View attachment 544943 View attachment 544944 .

Mmmmmmm, that's a pretty flower Making my mouth water!

Panacea79

Panacea79

Update: well I took down my big OGK Auto yesterday and all I can say is WOW! Easily my biggest yield ever let alone off ONE plant. I have some buds that'll probly end up as thick as a can of red bull once they're dry! I just PRAY I don't fuck the dry and cure up. I live in an apt. building with 3 other neighbors and the smell was bad enough with it GROWING! I hung up the big 'uns yesterday but I just didn't have the energy to do the smaller branches after about 2 hours of trimming. I basically just took the fans and longer leaves off but left some of the length on the sugar trim even if there wasn't much on em because I figured I'll get a slower drying process with those leaves HOPEfully kind of cupping the flowers a bit. Anybody have any tips for the smell? I mean I burn incense constantly and it doesn't smell in the hall outside my door but, goddamn does it reek in the house throughout pretty much....
Anyway, enough about that. Wish me luck on the dry/cure. I'm thinking I may pull a qp outta this. It's insane!!

Panacea79

Panacea79

Ok, sorry for the rant there. Update on Project BRB: I believe I mentioned that I definitely see the first green on the Big D. It's in the soil but plainly visible and I think I have a winner there so...As far as the 3 BRB's I brushed some soil off the surface and I'm about 80% sure I see a little white (root) and/or light green (cotyledons?) on TWO of the three Reds. I gave them all about half a tsp or so of water yesterday day and I'm alternating having the humidity dome one and off throughout the day as to avoid any mold OR drying out. But I have a good feeling that I'll get at least one to pop the surface. If not I still have 2 mor BRB seeds so....crossing fingers. Til next time, keep it green fellas

Quagmire

Quagmire

My BRB girl is looking good, took the male down after a few pollen sacs opened up on her, just not getting to serious about making F1's with these, but, I do have other seeds from Seraphim to play with down the road..
Here's an update on the girl. I gave her a good feeding and she seemed to of really liked the foods so will keep it up until she says otherwise.. at day #26 or so not too bad
IMG 0002
IMG 0003

Panacea79

Panacea79

I agree. She's looking nice and healthy. A little short but after this 3 foot tall OGK fiasco and running out of space,I'll take a....not quite a SOG or even a SCROG....what would u call a bunch of small plants with just 1 main cola and a few smaller ones but all in there own pots?? Would that be COOPOG (CO-OP OF GREEN) hehe! Just got done trimming and hanging all my branches. Now I see why people will PAY OTHER PEOPLE to do that shit, lol! If I NEVER see another branch of weed it'll be.....well, a sad and cold day in HELL!! But I'll enjoy the small respite between now and chop time for #2. Thank god she's like 1/4 to 1/3 as big

Quagmire

Quagmire

I feel ya Pan.. on my last grow I trimmed up my first 1/2lb haul.. I trimmed for hours 2 nights in a row and my hands were starting to cramp up and I actually love trimming.. it's the manicuring that is tedious, making all the bus look what one would call, bag appealing. I slow dry everything in a dark room until small branches snap like a twig and then manicure.

Right now BRB girl is about 2ft tall.. she is a sort of short but very bushy plant with lots of budsites so, good plant in my book.. The fun should start in next few weeks.. last night I gave her the first flushing and she spit out some yucky water so probably needed it.. she sure loves the nutes though, gonna have to hit her again and probably every other watering.. show her again in a week ok... hope others are doing good with theirs..

Quagmire

Quagmire

Shit she looks good my friend.
STR8
Thanks Str8.. hey bro, make yourself some F2 seeds of that BubbleguN, she is getting her own little following already for her potency, thru the roof man.. I've had heavy smokers go face down after 2hits.. Medical smokers ask, wtf is that.. so at least do some preflower pollinating to make yourself a few seeds ok.. very much worth the effort to keep it around for ya..

str8smokn

str8smokn

Thanks Str8.. hey bro, make yourself some F2 seeds of that BubbleguN, she is getting her own little following already for her potency, thru the roof man.. I've had heavy smokers go face down after 2hits.. Medical smokers ask, wtf is that.. so at least do some preflower pollinating to make yourself a few seeds ok.. very much worth the effort to keep it around for ya..

Ha funny.
I would but you haven't hooked a Farmer up yet.
She does look and sound good tho.
STR8

Panacea79

Panacea79

I feel ya Pan.. on my last grow I trimmed up my first 1/2lb haul.. I trimmed for hours 2 nights in a row and my hands were starting to cramp up and I actually love trimming.. it's the manicuring that is tedious, making all the bus look what one would call, bag appealing. I slow dry everything in a dark room until small branches snap like a twig and then manicure.

Right now BRB girl is about 2ft tall.. she is a sort of short but very bushy plant with lots of budsites so, good plant in my book.. The fun should start in next few weeks.. last night I gave her the first flushing and she spit out some yucky water so probably needed it.. she sure loves the nutes though, gonna have to hit her again and probably every other watering.. show her again in a week ok... hope others are doing good with theirs..

I agree that the 'manicuring' for 'bag appeal' IS tedious but, IMHO, necessary.
I've been reading this drying/curing method (by a forum member called @clockworx) that employs, along with the traditional hang-til-snap step, black draw-string garbage bags which you, upon reaching that important 'branch/stem-snap', pull up and over the hangar and proceed to pull it about 60% closed or so on top. From there you just continue to leave the branches hanging, with or without a hygrometer, until they're 'cured'. Remember that this is all paraphrased and from memory so I'd check the thread out personally if you wanted to try it but...apparently you DO NOT need to reach your hand into the bags to check the buds out, he says you just 'feel them thru the bags' and if they feel damp or whatever to just take them back out and let them hang freely until you get that semi crispy feel back. The point is to keep the curing process going pretty slow and I've read quite a few things suggesting that the ' slower, the better'. It causes the buds to tighten up and, for me, most importantly it helps to give your crop that dank smell we all strive for but has so far eluded me, lol! But, I'm learning!!

Quagmire

Quagmire

Ha funny.
I would but you haven't hooked a Farmer up yet.
She does look and sound good tho.
STR8

Oh, my bad.. I'll put you on the list for the F2 seeds me Amigo is making.. we have 3 of us working projects together we call " The 3 Amigos " .... lol. After all the awesome responses I'm having one I sent F1 seeds to make another big batch ok, I got ya mixed up with North Knect who I did send a 10pk to a few months back, sorry.. I do have a bunch of the Sniper seeds people are more then welcome to test grow, but I personally think the cross is a NO Go so why bother eh? better off to wait for the goody F2's.. I did pollinate my BRB female with the one male I had so we'll see.. but I do have others if your in need I'm always willing to help a brother out or swap some.. hit me up in a private message ok.

Quagmire

Quagmire

I agree that the 'manicuring' for 'bag appeal' IS tedious but, IMHO, necessary. But, I'm learning!!

So many ways to do it, but yes, slowly is proper.. The old school pot farmers used to place it in paper bags lightly closed, opening them a few times a day to release moisture.. but the paper bags breath just enough to allow moisture to escape.. I use the jarring method to cure however.. I hang dry them until almost done, then place on screens snipped into buds broken apart from the main branch that may be holding moisture still.. once they are dry to the touch I jar them up in large canning jars and put into the dark closet.. every 2 days I pop the lid off and let stale air escape.. what this does is allows the plant to rid itself of Chlorophyll, the dark green pigmentation that occurs in the leaf material that usually makes one cough if not related to the expansion of the weed itself.. makes the smoke very harsh and hides flavor big time.. curing rids the plant of this slowly.. I'd say a min of a month of curing to get any affect.. I leave mine in jars from this point on popping the lids often for fresh air.. the buds flavor, color and overall burning will improve a lot.. strong aroma I'd say is mostly in the strain you grow, not in any method... some maintain a good strong aroma and some don't.. some you have to pinch the bud a bit to get the smell to come out... usually stink the most right after being cut and some stay strong, some don't... My BubbleguN stinks up the house still... but this has nothing to do with potency, trust me...

str8smokn

str8smokn

@Quagmire I knew you had me mixed up with KNECT. I just thought it was funny. I know your a busy man and a lot of projects your working on, so no harm my friend. Keep on working your magic .
STR8

Quagmire

Quagmire

Thanks Str8.. and like I said, your ever in need hit me up ok.. always willing to help a brother out.

Bad Red Bitch is just that.. turning in to quite the Badass I'd say.. she loves food for one thing and I've almost got the yellow veins taken care of and right now looking pretty healthy for being in 3x's used soil.. so I bumped the food strength up quite a bit and she's doing great..
Just got thru feeding her and added some blooming nutrients into the soil on top of feeding her.. she is actually further along in flowering then all the others so her finishing time thus far is quite impressive.. I imagine she's going to have quite the Bad Red Bitch of buds on her folks so keep on watching..

IMG 0021
IMG 0022
IMG 0025
IMG 0045

Panacea79

Panacea79

She IS looking happy☺️ Bad news on my end. The 3 BRB I had started never came to the surface but the BIG D shed her she'll but has a bruised looking first leaf and those haven't fully separated so, anyway....ok, so after seeing the least likely of the four show green I had to do a little excavation. I found 1 seed cracked but withered inside and the other 2 I must have put too deep cuz I found em at the bottom of an inch of soil mix at least and basically drowned or smothered would probly be more accurate. Well I still have 2 BRB, 2 Big D, about 9 Lucky Dips and a Few Treacle to play with so....you live and learn. Also I have some of the almighty Roots Organic XXL soil to play with and plant the next batch in. Is the ROOTS XL ok for seed starting?? I'll do a little reading. It's not over yet!

Quagmire

Quagmire

Yes, very good to start seeds in as it's not a hot soil like Fox Farms ocean forest or something is.. plus all organic. I start my seeds in it all the time with perfect results in 1gal pots.. once I'm sure I got females they go into 3gal.
I've got other seeds that I was warned were older and hard shelled and found using a knife sharpening stone to GRIND the seam onto is what finally worked to germinate them.. an emery board is ok but on the stone I could actually see part of the seeds shell coming off and leaving discolored marks on the stone showing I was taking some off... then soaked in water for 24hrs then into damp paper towels/baggie for 2-3 days.. if this doesn't work then I'd say move on eh? I wish you better luck Pan.. I too was 0-6 on the Lucky Dip try but did not try this trick I mentioned here with the stone..

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

I've got other seeds that I was warned were older and hard shelled and found using a knife sharpening stone to GRIND the seam onto is what finally worked to germinate them.. an emery board is ok but on the stone I could actually see part of the seeds shell coming off and leaving discolored marks on the stone showing I was taking some off... then soaked in water for 24hrs then into damp paper towels/baggie for 2-3 days.. if this doesn't work then I'd say move on eh? I wish you better luck Pan.. I too was 0-6 on the Lucky Dip try but did not try this trick I mentioned here with the stone..

Cracking older seeds is what I do..
Soaked 24 hours no longer.. Why?? Fet told me you can drown seeds if soaked more than 24 hours.. This may be truth..
If they haven't cracked,, I crack them with a forceps (roach clip) and place them in a damp paper towel..
The pressure is placed on the seam of the seed,, point toward the forceps fulcrum.. The seeds are then lined up on the paper towel.. Placed in a baggie and hung vertically to give you a straight tap root.. I let the radical get one inch or so long and put them in coco.. You will need some practice with the forceps technique.. Easy peasy and quick when you have it..

Peace

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
Cracking older seeds is what I do..
Soaked 24 hours no longer.. Why?? Fet told me you can drown seeds if soaked more than 24 hours.. This may be truth..
If they haven't cracked,, I crack them with a forceps (roach clip) and place them in a damp paper towel..
The pressure is placed on the seam of the seed,, point toward the forceps fulcrum.. The seeds are then lined up on the paper towel.. Placed in a baggie and hung vertically to give you a straight tap root.. I let the radical get one inch or so long and put them in coco.. You will need some practice with the forceps technique.. Easy peasy and quick when you have it..

Peace
very good tech. I use my thumbnail and index finger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom