Bad Red Bitch - The Search For Red

• Thread starter Seraphim19
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juiceyjay

juiceyjay

Hey there awesome thread I hope u can continue the BRB strain and really get some nice flowers. Just thought I would throw my 2 cents in about soil because it's seems like there is a lot of hate towards foxfarm ocean forest. Personally I have used. Roots organic,roots 707 (awesome soil just $35 a bag is to much) black gold, foxfarm, happy frog and I tried mixing my own super soil once ( I'll leave that to pros I had bad luck and never tried again). Fox farm is a soil for beginners to experts. Beginners need to understand this soil is a "plug and play" type soil. Meaning u dont need to add ANYTHING for atleast the first week or 2 depending on plant size.
These are my plants after 10 days in cup so u can see I know what I'm talking about.

I watered these when I first put them in cups October 19th then once more on the 24th with bottled water no nutes.(distilled has a little to high ph) and they were transplanted on the 29th into 5gal final pots.

20151018 000134
20151027 054137
20151029 191600
juiceyjay

juiceyjay

I'll be popping g some seeds shortly that I have from random dank I've gotten (jet fuel and some random fire purples) hopefully I can join in with u guys on a grow sometime and share my knowledge and exp. Along with stealing a few of your hidden secrets ;)

Sorry for spam.

Panacea79

Panacea79

Hey there awesome thread I hope u can continue the BRB strain and really get some nice flowers. Just thought I would throw my 2 cents in about soil because it's seems like there is a lot of hate towards foxfarm ocean forest. Personally I have used. Roots organic,roots 707 (awesome soil just $35 a bag is to much) black gold, foxfarm, happy frog and I tried mixing my own super soil once ( I'll leave that to pros I had bad luck and never tried again). Fox farm is a soil for beginners to experts. Beginners need to understand this soil is a "plug and play" type soil. Meaning u dont need to add ANYTHING for atleast the first week or 2 depending on plant size.
These are my plants after 10 days in cup so u can see I know what I'm talking about.

I watered these when I first put them in cups October 19th then once more on the 24th with bottled water no nutes.(distilled has a little to high ph) and they were transplanted on the 29th into 5gal final pots.

I agree that FFOF may be a 'plug and play' medium but it's also, as I've heard, read and learned myself a VERY HOT one, hence the not needing to feed for two weeks. That being said as a seed starter I am careful with it and tend to 'dilute' it for seedlings or use something different and more nutrient neutral altogether until I put em in their 'final pot'. All my humble opinion. Keep it green and growin' my friends

Panacea79

Panacea79

Yes, very good to start seeds in as it's not a hot soil like Fox Farms ocean forest or something is.. plus all organic. I start my seeds in it all the time with perfect results in 1gal pots.. once I'm sure I got females they go into 3gal.
I've got other seeds that I was warned were older and hard shelled and found using a knife sharpening stone to GRIND the seam onto is what finally worked to germinate them.. an emery board is ok but on the stone I could actually see part of the seeds shell coming off and leaving discolored marks on the stone showing I was taking some off... then soaked in water for 24hrs then into damp paper towels/baggie for 2-3 days.. if this doesn't work then I'd say move on eh? I wish you better luck Pan.. I too was 0-6 on the Lucky Dip try but did not try this trick I mentioned here with the stone..

Yeah, I've got quite a few of the beans from the packs we all received so I can trial and error with those too. Also I've found that the emery board that I use have 4 different grades on just ONE board and I see the residue on them fine. Anyway, keep on growin fellas ! Peace

Quagmire

Quagmire

Cool, sounds like you did all you could man.. I even recall you leaving them in the damp paper towel extra days so, not entirely our fault many of these beans failed.. hope you have better luck on the others Pan..

Panacea79

Panacea79

Cool, sounds like you did all you could man.. I even recall you leaving them in the damp paper towel extra days so, not entirely our fault many of these beans failed.. hope you have better luck on the others Pan..

Thanx quag.
I think I'll try like 3 different germination methods with my next go including the old school 'put seed in soil', water, lighting, wait.....lol! For real! I mean considering I think I kinda drowned or at the very least kept them too moist as well as too deep but, we live and learn, eh?
Quick question: I just finished up my 1st OG and went to give some a test run.
So I throw some in the grinder and I found a seed: not the first either.
During the big girls , roughly , 4th week flower I noticed a seed in one of the buds. Upon further searching I found the culprit: it was the OTHER PLANT!
Apparently she Hermied a bit on me when the lighting got messed up for 2-3days due to a bulb blowing causing the loss of, not ALL light, but my biggest; a 250 Watt CFL with gull-wing reflector....at least that's my theory on why/how/when she hermied. I immediately pulled the culprit and found about 2-3 banana sets that had burst hence pollinating the other plant but not sure f she affected herself. Long story/question short: If the plants BOTH came from the same pack of seeds ( Nirvana Auto OGK) will these 'new seeds', if viable produce hermied as well or will they be female or what???
Any feedback or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanx guys and The Search for Red is NOT over OVER HERE!!! Peace

Quagmire

Quagmire

On the seed... yes, it could be a full on female, BUT, not one you want to keep around.. my reason is, if this particular pheno of that cross experienced the small amount of stress you described and it caused hermie issues.. well, you sure don't want to pass this trait along to anything else. I'd personally throw them seeds away to avoid using them and possibly passing along this aweful trait bro.. no, throw them away and move on ok..
Not sure it was you who drowned the seeds buddy, they were just to hard shelled and old seeds possibly not stored properly.. But, he admitted to his error and I hope will correct it by passing all us involved a newer generation and nice fresh seeds and we can try this test grow all over again.. Seraphim and myself are about the only ones growing a female.. mine is around 5wks old.. and man does she smell wonderful..

Quagmire

Quagmire

Bad Red Bitch at 5wks old.. she smells nice and sweet, kind of like Berries really.. I must say she is becoming quite impressive here of lately and starting to get covered in goodness as the trich's are now crusting up the leaf edges each day more and more. but oh the smell... MMMmmmMMMM

4wks old....
IMG 0025

still a week ago at 4 wks old, she's filling in nicely
IMG 0026

Here at week #5 she is starting to put off a Berry Aroma that is unreal..

IMG 0019

Next time I water I'll get some better shots ok bye 4 now

Quagmire

Quagmire

Ok People... yes, we've had a few failures with this test grow, hit a few snags here and there, but trust me when I say they are actually minor and will be corrected I'm sure probably as we speak.. The question remains though, will it all be worth it in the end right??
Well, I"m here to show you YES IT IS.. For I have the proof for us all..

Bad Red Bitch in all her lovely Berry Aroma sticky glory..
IMG 0001
IMG 0008
IMG 0015
IMG 0035
IMG 0037
IMG 0021
IMG 0029

Quagmire

Quagmire

And yes I said seeds.. the male was around just long enough to drop some pollen on her pretty hair.. she was a blonde at the time and he was a hulk of a man as I recall.. He had dirty blonde hair and muscles and big arse balls... oh baby did he have big arse balls.. The F'n kids will be F1's.. I'd say we'll probably have about 30 youngun's.. yeah, she's a baby maker fo sho... I see welfare in her near future, food stamps the works... govt cheese here we come... welcome, Bad Red Bitch and her pregnant self....
IMG 0030

S

Seraphim19

I am back after a little trip away to gather strains and catch up with old friends, and what a trip it was! you know it was good when you cant remember half of it!

I am going to update once I get the pics sorted but its not good my end. My last BRB ended up being a male so it got chopped. I have put some fresher seeds down so I can show her off a little more but to be honest I am already looking to the next grow off, where the seeds will be fresh and the strain is very exclusive. Only 2 people on the planet have access to the strain right now.

Anyhow enough talk let me get those pics ready and posted

Quagmire

Quagmire

Sounds like you've been up to no good and lots of good... hahaha.. glad to hear your getting things sorted and this newest secret strain is already grabbing my interest man.. those 2 lucky people, may one of them be you boss man.. sweeeeeeett..
Hey, I got ahold of some very old genetics from a buddy myself.. Original Pacifica's G13 x Black Widow, seeds a small breeder friend put into hiding over 10yrs ago so hope out of the 20 I get a few to germinate.. then something called "Kate" = SFV OG x Chemdog, more seeds put back by same friend.. I plan on mating them both with a strain called LBL or Long Bottom Leaf... hope both of our projects turn heads eh?

Your girl is looking frosty and smells full on of berries.. like the milk after a bowl of fruit loops.. nothing but goodness.. here she is today.
IMG 0021

S

Seraphim19

This is my one that turned out male. it was looking good too! Had a nice structure and took a long time to show sex which made me think it was female.
20151026 212021

20151026 212026

20151026 212035

I really liked this plant until I looked under the canopy and saw Nuts!
20151026 212124

Here is a close up in case there are people who are not used to sexing a plant(the wet bit is where I pulled a leaf off to get the shot)
Nuts

But, onwards and upwards! I have put a few more down to germ and once they pop up I will post them here.

@Quagmire yours is looking lovely the frost is really starting to kick in now. I cant wait for you to try her and tell me what you think

Quagmire

Quagmire

This is my one that turned out male. it was looking good too! Had a nice structure and took a long time to show sex which made me think it
@Quagmire yours is looking lovely the frost is really starting to kick in now. I cant wait for you to try her and tell me what you think

Nice structure for sure, to bad it's not of the proper generation or he'd be a keeper to use for breeding huh? I'd of guessed female early on also. Man, I wish I could afford them airpots you use.. maybe soon as I have other friends who use them with great results.. I did invest in a few cloth ones to try out for better root air circulation and health..
She really has a strong berry aroma and is finishing faster then all the others.. hitting her with some Big Bud one more week.. but looks like she'll finish up around 55-60 days.. what u say on usual finishing time bro..?

IMG 0017

IMG 0023
IMG 0014

Panacea79

Panacea79

On the seed... yes, it could be a full on female, BUT, not one you want to keep around.. my reason is, if this particular pheno of that cross experienced the small amount of stress you described and it caused hermie issues.. well, you sure don't want to pass this trait along to anything else. I'd personally throw them seeds away to avoid using them and possibly passing along this aweful trait bro.. no, throw them away and move on ok..
Not sure it was you who drowned the seeds buddy, they were just to hard shelled and old seeds possibly not stored properly.. But, he admitted to his error and I hope will correct it by passing all us involved a newer generation and nice fresh seeds and we can try this test grow all over again.. Seraphim and myself are about the only ones growing a female.. mine is around 5wks old.. and man does she smell wonderful..

Hey quag,
Glad to hear that a couple of us got those stubborn BRB's to pop up!
And on the thing you said about 'not being sure if I was the one who DROWNED' my seeds"...YES, it was me.
Anyhow, on to the forum subject: I'm an IDIOT!!!
When I decided to go and do my last TWO BRB's I also started up TWO Fem. 'Auto Diesels' from the seed (and breeder) site I've been using for about a year and a half now called 'Original-ssc.com'. Like most sites they sell THEIR OWN breeders seeds as well as a clearinghouse/distribution for other breeders like DinaFem, Nirvana, Herbies, etc. Anyway, like I said, I'm an idiot.
I started out emery-boarding 'em, soaking them ( in separate cups of course and labeled), then into the towels into bags overnight again, both labeled.
Next day, with tails about 1/8 inch or at least shells cracked and the tail lining th crack, ready to pop out soooo...I figured, hey, I'm gonna use peat pellets, as in MY experience, I have about 75%-85% efficacy and seedling results.
So as I prepared the pellets, the heating mat and dome I kept them on SEPERATE, LABELED plates!
Next I put the germinated seeds into the pellets and onto a waiting paper towel, again, taking NO CHANCES, labeled on either end as well...
So next I grab the two Auto D's and put it m in the the jiffy-dome then put the BRB's in as well then.....the phone rings; I answer it. Telemarketer. Bye-bye! Back to work....."OMFG! CWOL!! (Cry-whining out loud, lol!)
I HAVE NO IDEA WHICH ARE WHICH!!!Long story short, TWO ended up popping thru and ore now about 2 1/2" tall with 2nd leaf sets coming in and are going into either 1 or 3 gal. 'homes' today. But I STILL am not ANYWHERe near sure if I have 2 BRB, 2 Auto D, 1 of each, etc! The ONLY difference i see right now is tat one is a bit smaller than the other....
I guess all I can do from here is transfer and and wait until it'd be sexing time or until they're mature enough and if both or one is a BRB that it will show the breeds signature 'craggily leaves'??
Again, thanks for listening and if someone could reply to this post with a good pic of the BRB with its strange, twisty leaves. Peace and resin grease!

S

Seraphim19

Nice structure for sure, to bad it's not of the proper generation or he'd be a keeper to use for breeding huh? I'd of guessed female early on also. Man, I wish I could afford them airpots you use.. maybe soon as I have other friends who use them with great results.. I did invest in a few cloth ones to try out for better root air circulation and health..
She really has a strong berry aroma and is finishing faster then all the others.. hitting her with some Big Bud one more week.. but looks like she'll finish up around 55-60 days.. what u say on usual finishing time bro..?

View attachment 549596

View attachment 549598 View attachment 549599
The air pots are cheaper than you think check on ebay and I bet you get at least 1 just to try them out. they do produce better plants but they have their downsides too mainly more work involved.

The finishing time all depends on you and what kind of effect you are looking for. If you want her to show what she can really do then you are looking at 70 days. Budding starts early on this and most of my strains but don't let it fool you, she has a way to go yet. You should see trich concentration go nuts soon, she likes to get frosty.

Personally I would recommend that you let her go until 70-80% of the fan leaves have yellowed and she has stopped drinking. At that point you should have a very potent bit of bud on your hands.

thought I would share a quick tip I got for taking photos of frosty bud. If you want to get a shot with really good trich definition try using a black background and taking the picture in a dark/dim lit environment and using the flash. Try it and see what you get

Top Bottom