• Tagged users None
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Today is last day of week 8.
Time to harvest the ladies.

Friday was their last day of light.
Lights have been off until today 24hrs so far. And they will remain out until I decide to chop at some point today.

My last feeding was Wednesday or Tuesday. I like the soil to approach almost fully dry on my last Projected day.

The dark period, 68° house temp, dry soil, and the diminishing light schedule. Let the ladies know their time is up.

This particular grow I would let them go another week. They seem mostly done with all the pistils orange, brown, or reddish in color.

Just seems 1 more week wouldn't hurt them.

But with my hernia surgery on Tuesday. I need to do these things early. Because I'll have recovery time which will prevent me from doing the hard stuff (lifting, moving, transplanting, etc.)

So my plan is harvest today, hang dry today.
Hopefully by the time they are ready for trimming or jarring I'll have healed enough from the surgery to handle it.

Once plants are done hang drying.
I will transplant the (rootbound) clones into bigger pots readying them for their veg phase before flower.

They need a little tlc veg time because I used nothing but water for the clones the past 8 weeks. I wanted to (see/experiment) how far the roots 707 soil could carry them without nutrients.

Turns out they ran into deficiencies big time and they need a couple weeks of fertilizer feedings to nurse them back to health.

So far the past 3 feedings have shown improvements in all plants.

But the second they are healthy again, They are getting flipped to flower.
With the large # of tops these clones have. They don't have much starting room to begin with.

My first grow had 4 tops.
This 2nd grow has 16 tops.
The 3rd grow will have 27 tops.

So this projected 3rd grow is gonna really push the limits of my 4 sq ft tent. I'm trying to find what the perfect number of tops is per square ft without affecting yield/quality.

Last edited:
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I made a custom hanging Rack.

Then I harvested the ladies during lights out with no lights on in the room. Once harvested I hung on hangars to keep the trichomes from getting lost on things it could touch.

I then installed the rack. Followed by individually hanging each whole plant on the rack. Each with their own corner.
20160925 122602

Now time to let them dry for 5-7 days.
The inline tent fan is running at lowest speed.
It will help the plants dry out evenly.

stonestacker

stonestacker

Surgery scares me enough already.
I'm gonna get em both at once.

I'd rather have to go through this only 1 time.

It will be done laparoscopically.

I'm still preparing myself for the after surgery pain :sweating:.
I'm still nervous as hell.

I've watched the surgery videos.
I know what , where and how they'll be cutting. My groin & nuts hurt just watching it.

Surgery is on Tuesday.

Lol you will be just fine. Kids these days i'm telling you.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Surgery scares me enough already.
I'm gonna get em both at once.

I'd rather have to go through this only 1 time.

It will be done laparoscopically.

I'm still preparing myself for the after surgery pain :sweating:.
I'm still nervous as hell.

I've watched the surgery videos.
I know what , where and how they'll be cutting. My groin & nuts hurt just watching it.

Surgery is on Tuesday.
Hey Son Momma and I got you in your prayers. Dont worry my man if they cut a little too much off your wife will still love you. :p LOL I had to say that. And if that give you narcotic pain killas be careful with that shit. Take only what you need and get off em as quickly as possible. Love you man. It's gonna be ok.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I agree with @G gnome that last set of pics had a shitload of white new growth looking pistils. Did you pull the trigger too soon??? Did you scope your trikes?

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
All due respect bud but these dont look anywhere near done....? These the ones u just took down?

I agree with @G gnome that last set of pics had a shitload of white new growth looking pistils. Did you pull the trigger too soon??? Did you scope your trikes?

You guys need to tend your own gardens.

These pistils looks brown to me...
20160925 160241

20160925 160355

stonestacker

stonestacker

Geesh little touchy there aint ya. Was just sayin. And you never answered bout scopin trikes pistils aint the only indicator. Go to your room till you can show some respect the your elders LMAO
I will never forget the look on my Dad's face when he was standing over me trying to tell me how to finish concrete. And I looked up and said who's fucking this dog you or me lol.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I remember one time he came home all trashed as usual and he was beatin on my Mom and he kicked me down a flight of stairs. Was tryin to get him off mom Good thing the stairs were carpeted. :)

Top Bottom