Baphomet's Danky Dungeon Grow, Take 2 (Bacio Gelato x Gushers)

• Thread starter bellumromanum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Greetings earthlings,

View attachment 1065725

So for those of you who have been following along since it happened but I got great news from the doctor today (and also just realized how long I've had these GD plants vegging why do I seem to always do that).

Looks like the fracture in my foot has filled in nicely, the hardware is still in place etc. I can stop wearing the boot and start walking normally. I can start squatting and deadlifting albeit light weight again (my surgeon took care to add 'light for normal humans, not for you!' hahaha). Things are looking up!

View attachment 1065721View attachment 1065722

So that's super good news. Plus a friend of mine is moving and over the last week posted all his home gym equipment for sale. I snagged a full set of DB's up to 95 pounds (~$3k in today's market) and a Kabuki Duffalo bar (~$700 new) for under $2k. Fucking neato

View attachment 1065723View attachment 1065724

Things are looking up!

I think in retrospect of all the issues I'm having with these plants this go around that the soil isn't draining well and that I wish I had changed it or added perlite before beggining this cycle. I flipped the plants because I'm tired of fighting it and I'm considering scrapping the batch and starting over either with Fox Farm in 10g pots or by putting new soil in the EarthBoxes.

I dunno. We'll see how they look after 24hour dark period and go from there.

BR
Awesome news on the foot!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Appreciate your guys' support. I'm not usually this emo about stuff but goddamn was this a rough period for me. This community is really full of good people.
I used to be so dedicated... looking back i honestly don't know how I was sooo absolutely dedicated. Spending a couple hrs a day making meals for the next... never missed the gym even if all I could do is 5 min on the treadmill. Going away on holidays would give me anxiety of where or how I was gonna work out. It was kinda unhealthy as much as it was healthy.

It was an obsession and even so it was something that made me feel sooo good. The soreness was addictive and each time trying to push to get that soreness that says I had a great workout.

When I was injured it lead to depression and a feeling of cheating myself by not going even though I couldn't.

During that period of time in my life I honestly have never had lower stress and more self confidence before or since. Its truly helps a ton with mental health and well being.

For myself was vanity over health but thats usually how it goes with bodybuilding. The guys that do it clean and actually concentrate on health like yourself are on a whole level than what I was. Its something I can greatly respect.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

I used to be so dedicated... looking back i honestly don't know how I was sooo absolutely dedicated. Spending a couple hrs a day making meals for the next... never missed the gym even if all I could do is 5 min on the treadmill. Going away on holidays would give me anxiety of where or how I was gonna work out. It was kinda unhealthy as much as it was healthy.

It was an obsession and even so it was something that made me feel sooo good. The soreness was addictive and each time trying to push to get that soreness that says I had a great workout.

When I was injured it lead to depression and a feeling of cheating myself by not going even though I couldn't.

During that period of time in my life I honestly have never had lower stress and more self confidence before or since. Its truly helps a ton with mental health and well being.

For myself was vanity over health but thats usually how it goes with bodybuilding. The guys that do it clean and actually concentrate on health like yourself are on a whole level than what I was. Its something I can greatly respect.

I feel you man and I know exactly what you're talking about. Strength has become a part of my identity and without the ability to express that I felt like half the dude I was used to being.

But to be fair man I'm focusing on health in recovery, but when I compete I go after it pretty hard. I don't claim to be natty but I also take offense to people who assume because I'm not 100% natty means I must be cheating. I compete only in un-tested federations and at un-tested meets for exactly that reason and frankly I feel it's the most level competitive playing field I've ever been a part of.

So that being what it is - it's been over a year since I've been on any 'special sports supplementation' but next time I register for a meet it's pedal down and I'm filling out the 308 weight class. Probably push for ~320 bodyweight and a water cut down to 308 for weigh-ins. That's a solid 45 pounds from where I'm at now. I'll put on 10 or 15 of that in off season just from eating more and training lower body again. Then it's time to get weird 👿 👿 👿

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I feel you man and I know exactly what you're talking about. Strength has become a part of my identity and without the ability to express that I felt like half the dude I was used to being.

But to be fair man I'm focusing on health in recovery, but when I compete I go after it pretty hard. I don't claim to be natty but I also take offense to people who assume because I'm not 100% natty means I must be cheating. I compete only in un-tested federations and at un-tested meets for exactly that reason and frankly I feel it's the most level competitive playing field I've ever been a part of.

So that being what it is - it's been over a year since I've been on any 'special sports supplementation' but next time I register for a meet it's pedal down and I'm filling out the 308 weight class. Probably push for ~320 bodyweight and a water cut down to 308 for weigh-ins. That's a solid 45 pounds from where I'm at now. I'll put on 10 or 15 of that in off season just from eating more and training lower body again. Then it's time to get weird 👿 👿 👿
Tbh i advocate test for anyone over 30. And to your point you can take all the gear ya want and if ya don't put in the work its pointless.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Tbh i advocate test for anyone over 30. And to your point you can take all the gear ya want and if ya don't put in the work its pointless.

100% agree man. Finally got my dad to start doing TRT and it changed his life.

I even keep it pretty light for the first half of prep but last 6 weeks I'll pour it on pretty thick...cause you know test is cool but if you just really need the kind of road rage that will have you hopping out at stop lights to fight and a hard-on with enough sexual aggression to fuck the transmission out of an armored truck with nothing beats a little drol and tren ;)

hahahaha

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Day 1 Flower

Hay guyz

So the plants appreciate being flipped. I dunno if it's a thing but they've been vegging for ~8 weeks and I think they were pissed about it. Anyhoo, overnight improvement in vigor and growth. Gonna keep them on regular water for a week or so to level things out before adding any more nutrition.

Now I have a conundrum though because I ordered a 5x5 Gorilla tent to replace my current Amazon $100 special as the main flowering space. BUT they have shipping delays so by the time it gets here and gets set up I'll probably be 1.5 weeks into flower and they'll be full grown into the trellis.

Anyone have experience with changing grow rooms a week or two into flower? Am I going to shock them and fuck stuff up?

Here's how they looked right before lights out:

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Day 1 Flower

Hay guyz

View attachment 1065986

So the plants appreciate being flipped. I dunno if it's a thing but they've been vegging for ~8 weeks and I think they were pissed about it. Anyhoo, overnight improvement in vigor and growth. Gonna keep them on regular water for a week or so to level things out before adding any more nutrition.

Now I have a conundrum though because I ordered a 5x5 Gorilla tent to replace my current Amazon $100 special as the main flowering space. BUT they have shipping delays so by the time it gets here and gets set up I'll probably be 1.5 weeks into flower and they'll be full grown into the trellis.

Anyone have experience with changing grow rooms a week or two into flower? Am I going to shock them and fuck stuff up?

Here's how they looked right before lights out:

View attachment 1065987View attachment 1065988
Should be fine if the conditions are similar.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

At his point I'm pretty certain my soil isn't draining well and that's what the cause of basically all my issues have been. What do you guys think about trying to replace some of the soil? Would you bother digging around the roots to do such a thing (remember it's a sub-irrigated reservoir) or a few days into flip do you think that's likely to cause more stress than potential benefit?

beluga

beluga

At his point I'm pretty certain my soil isn't draining well and that's what the cause of basically all my issues have been. What do you guys think about trying to replace some of the soil? Would you bother digging around the roots to do such a thing (remember it's a sub-irrigated reservoir) or a few days into flip do you think that's likely to cause more stress than potential benefit?
I dunno what the solution would be per se, but I seem to think very-early flowering is okay to do some stressful manipulations.
I know with my general potted plants, I'll throw river stones or other broken ceramics in the bottom if they're not draining well enough... but that's top-irrigated.. I'm a little out of my element here.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I have no idea what I would do with a sub-irrigated reservoir but in general I think poking holes to improve drainage is probably fine. I would use like a chopstick-size skewer and just stay away from directly below the plant.

beluga

beluga

My concern with hole-poking would be dry spots... but since you're working with basically just capillary action..? I dunno.
Maybe poking holes and filling them with something porous and also absorbent? Like perlite? But that's too thick...
Again... out of my element.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
You can’t let the soil dry out at all? Like take the covers off? I wouldn’t dig around but maybe poke some holes with a kabob skewer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom