Baphomet's Danky Dungeon Grow, Take 2 (Bacio Gelato x Gushers)

• Thread starter bellumromanum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Im other news...lil droopy this morning but the res is empty so that's to be expected

20201105 071106
20201105 071102
20201105 071100

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Completely normal. After a few hrs of light they will perk back up and ad they get a sense of time you will see them start drooping a bit just before lights out. This i belive is because of the transpiration rate increase and decline.

Great to hear this confirmed out loud, as it's consistent with my observational experience so far.

I'm very pleased already with how this is going. Such different structure and growth starting from seed and with the plants having a little room.

Last run was 8 clones per box...packed dicks. I might do 4-6 in each box one time...just to get a quick crop. Top once. Veg a week or two and flip. I should have done that last run but I didn't know shit yet

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Howdy farmers. Plants looking pretty good this AM but I have one box a little droopier than the other side. They are getting basically identical treatment. Not overly concerned as I just refilled the resevoirs yesterday and they may be feeling mildly over-watered. I'll give them a few days to perk up before worrying more.

Other than that they're doing amazing. Lush dark green growth, starting to really smell already...I'm proud of these ladies so far.

#3 has been my pet favorite up until now but I think #6 is taking over that spot:

Meanwhile, in America:

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

And now that I sit here overthinking everything in my head I think I already know what the problem is. When I was out there earlier with my light meter trying to up the intensity a little bit I could only get about ~33k lux at full power. Last cycle I could put down around ~70k with the same lights.

I think the left side driver got unplugged and the COBs over the left box aren't lit. Since I'm injured and my wife doesn't have what's required to fiddle with the light intensity it'll have to wait until I can get out there again ><

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Been waiting to open the tent and be greeted by a bunch of happy praying perky girls, tonight I was rewarded!

These are easily the healthiest looking plants I've grown at any stage yet. Very happy with how this grow is starting out. Taking tops and starting mainline/manifold this weekend.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

They just keep getting better and better. Getting concerned about night time temps though. Think I might need to put an electric heater outside the tent intake....

Not trying to toot my own horn cause I know how little I really know but...I feel like I'd be happy if all my vegging plants looked like this. Damn.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Annnnnd they're not looking like that this AM! I should have taken pics but I'm already back inside...I think my reflex is to almost be embarrassed and not want anyone to see when they aren't looking perfect.

Anyways they just look super droopy and I think it has to do with the temperature lately. It's gotten pretty cold, down to just about 50 degrees inside the tent. I ordered some new toys to start finally getting control of the grow environment for real. I think I started this all assuming SoCal weather would just be year-round perfect and I wouldn't need to think about it. Silly me.

beluga

beluga

I think my reflex is to almost be embarrassed and not want anyone to see when they aren't looking perfect.
I get that.
I'm a perfectionist and it's kept me from doing so much in my life. But I'm humbling with age...
Just try to drill it into your ego that we've all fucked up a lot on the road to proficiency and still fuck up even when we've reached a point of consistency.
Especially when dealing with another living thing.
They look great, and I'll bet they bounce back in no time.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

I get that.
I'm a perfectionist and it's kept me from doing so much in my life. But I'm humbling with age...
Just try to drill it into your ego that we've all fucked up a lot on the road to proficiency and still fuck up even when we've reached a point of consistency.
Especially when dealing with another living thing.
They look great, and I'll bet they bounce back in no time.

Preciate that dude, I too have mellowed a bit with age and telling on myself like that is one of the ways I help keep myself accountable to the avoidance of hubris. It's funny too cause I was just preaching to my daughter last night about how getting something wrong doesn't mean you're bad at something - giving up does. Well...it was longer and much more articulate than that but that's the gist ;)

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Looking good brother. Have you seen the buildasoil dudes plants in those boxes?? Holy fuck. I highly recommend heading over to his IG and peeping his side by side. Are you having humidity issues?? Those controllers are life savers. Looking good brother.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Looking good brother. Have you seen the buildasoil dudes plants in those boxes?? Holy fuck. I highly recommend heading over to his IG and peeping his side by side. Are you having humidity issues?? Those controllers are life savers. Looking good brother.

Thanks man, yea a little humidity and more temperature issues. I have (mostly) everything I need to get it under control but until I'm cleared to walk again I can't really get out in the garage and start switching out ventilation and hanging new sensors etc.

I actually have one of the Infinity AC fans with the temp/humidity controller built in just sitting in a box, and now I have the inkbird temp and humidity units also.

The tent has been getting down in the 50's at night with the cool weather and I just need to get ahead of it a little.

Yea I've been following his grow, dude is crushing it in the earthboxes (and the 30 gallons).

Hope everything is well brother!

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Thanks man, yea a little humidity and more temperature issues. I have (mostly) everything I need to get it under control but until I'm cleared to walk again I can't really get out in the garage and start switching out ventilation and hanging new sensors etc.

I actually have one of the Infinity AC fans with the temp/humidity controller built in just sitting in a box, and now I have the inkbird temp and humidity units also.

The tent has been getting down in the 50's at night with the cool weather and I just need to get ahead of it a little.

Yea I've been following his grow, dude is crushing it in the earthboxes (and the 30 gallons).

Hope everything is well brother!
All is well but yea been getting cold at night. Had to put a heater in the veg tent. Clones were way too cold.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Thanks for joining my man 🙏 💪
Hey man, so before I start this post I just wanna say that this is just me on my bullsh*t and I really don't wanna tell people what to do. I am just trying to share some perspectives I have been thinking about in an honest to god attempt at good vibes spirit.

I was thinking about your lifting injuries and how much it sucks to have such a freak setback out on my back porch....and I thought about my work tutoring students for college entrance exams. As a tutor, I often also operate as a kind of coach to help kids with performance anxiety and so forth. And one thing I have begun telling them that has really come from my work with plants is this:

You have all these ideas about your history with these subjects and with this test. What you are good at and what's hard. But you are, every day, writing and rewriting that history...and you get the chance to frame your struggles for your future self every day. We have already seen what it takes to grow in the direction we need to grow to improve, and so it just comes down to connecting the dots between where we are and how we want to frame our experience with this test in the future...and that goal will become more real as we get closer and I know what you are doing will get you there because I have seen it before. I can tell you that scoring well on something I struggled with as felt better to me, and when I talk to a lot of people they have a similar experience. So I bet it would feel better for you, too. But it also feels good to excel in our strengths and make those even stronger. What feels bad is when we know we didn't hit our potential on something because we didn't work hard enough. I would know because I have done it too many times to count. But I can work toward not having that feeling and so can you. Because that's the only one that hurts. Not actually falling short. Falling short when you felt like you should have prepared better. Every time I have ever felt regret, it's because I knew I wasn't doing the things I should have done to put myself in with the best chance to get the result I wanted. The few times I have actually given myself permission to say I worked hard enough, I have never regretted it afterward. Ever.

More or less. I tie this into their coursework and personalize it and so on.

And I know you know this from your lifting, but to me I learned about it a lot from how cultivating these plants is kind of like that too. Like we know what the general direction of a good expression is going to be, and so if we maximize that we know good things come later in the form of great buds! Or whatever, it trends toward the direction of good and it is really all we can do. I used to be a distance runner and thought I knew the wisdom of this, but tbh I was lying to myself....I was still too goal oriented and reaching for something better rather than just growing from where I was....to me a goal should be like the sun, not a cliff's edge to grasp......Growing has taught it to me in a deeper way I think....I have a hard time explaining it but I am trying..... Again, just for me personally.

Idk if that makes sense at all or if this is completely nuts. Again, please don't take it as me preaching to you....if anything I am saying I admire your approach to all of this. Just kind of my two cents that I think might be tangentially related or interesting to someone out there.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Hey man, so before I start this post I just wanna say that this is just me on my bullsh*t and I really don't wanna tell people what to do. I am just trying to share some perspectives I have been thinking about in an honest to god attempt at good vibes spirit.

I was thinking about your lifting injuries and how much it sucks to have such a freak setback out on my back porch....and I thought about my work tutoring students for college entrance exams. As a tutor, I often also operate as a kind of coach to help kids with performance anxiety and so forth. And one thing I have begun telling them that has really come from my work with plants is this:

You have all these ideas about your history with these subjects and with this test. What you are good at and what's hard. But you are, every day, writing and rewriting that history...and you get the chance to frame your struggles for your future self every day. We have already seen what it takes to grow in the direction we need to grow to improve, and so it just comes down to connecting the dots between where we are and how we want to frame our experience with this test in the future...and that goal will become more real as we get closer and I know what you are doing will get you there because I have seen it before. I can tell you that scoring well on something I struggled with as felt better to me, and when I talk to a lot of people they have a similar experience. So I bet it would feel better for you, too. But it also feels good to excel in our strengths and make those even stronger. What feels bad is when we know we didn't hit our potential on something because we didn't work hard enough. I would know because I have done it too many times to count. But I can work toward not having that feeling and so can you. Because that's the only one that hurts. Not actually falling short. Falling short when you felt like you should have prepared better. Every time I have ever felt regret, it's because I knew I wasn't doing the things I should have done to put myself in with the best chance to get the result I wanted. The few times I have actually given myself permission to say I worked hard enough, I have never regretted it afterward. Ever.

More or less. I tie this into their coursework and personalize it and so on.

And I know you know this from your lifting, but to me I learned about it a lot from how cultivating these plants is kind of like that too. Like we know what the general direction of a good expression is going to be, and so if we maximize that we know good things come later in the form of great buds! Or whatever, it trends toward the direction of good and it is really all we can do. I used to be a distance runner and thought I knew the wisdom of this, but tbh I was lying to myself....I was still too goal oriented and reaching for something better rather than just growing from where I was....to me a goal should be like the sun, not a cliff's edge to grasp......Growing has taught it to me in a deeper way I think....I have a hard time explaining it but I am trying..... Again, just for me personally.

Idk if that makes sense at all or if this is completely nuts. Again, please don't take it as me preaching to you....if anything I am saying I admire your approach to all of this. Just kind of my two cents that I think might be tangentially related or interesting to someone out there.

Wow man, first off let me say that I appreciate your time and consideration in writing this post. Have zero fear that you're being perceived in anything but a friendly manner and that I enjoy the wisdom of other people's experience and perspective. Good vibes spirit solidly intact.

I can tell you that my earlier posts regarding my recent injuries were written at the peak of my frustration, and I'll be honest in this anonymous-ish forum and admit that I've spent the last few weeks in the first real depression that I've experienced in many years. However, I'm currently in a much better spot and have begun rounding the corner on this little funk.

I love what you wrote and I can identify with your speech in several ways. I hope this can be taken in the nature it is intended, but most things don't come to me with a great deal of struggle. For that reason powerlifting has become very important to me because I've had to work harder for the things I've accomplished in this domain than almost any other. One of the reasons the timing of all of this is particularly hard - because I was coming back from one of my first experiences with underperformance on the platform that I could directly attribute to my own poor effort in the preceding off-season training block. I had vowed never to let that happen again and had a brutal off-season followed by one of the best meet preps of my life and that was when I had to drop out of prep about a year ago now. It still leaves a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth that the last time I was able to compete I took my ability for granted.

It also reminds me of when I played cards for a living (a couple years in my 20's in Vegas). I never got upset at an early out in a tournament if I was making the right plays and got donked by some tourist. But when I was playing loose or made a stupid decision or didn't wait for my spot and I got outed that way...I got pretty upset.

Dude you said:

"The few times I have actually given myself permission to say I worked hard enough, I have never regretted it afterward. Ever."

That's some of the truest shit I ever read, and echoes very closely my guiding principles in life.

Anyways I do have to get back to work but I think we agree on goals also. When you get too specific about things you set yourself up for resentments. Still, I've given myself until I'm 40 to go after a 2k total (a meet where your heaviest single completed rep on squat, bench and deadlift together total over two thousand pounds) and I'm not gonna be able to shake that one.

I'm not taking this laying down, I'm still out in my gym 3x a week doing upper body training without loading my feet. A lot of larsen press work - basically I'm still doing all my programmed bench work but with my feet off the ground, I'll come back with a monster bench. Tomorrow I have the next appointment with my surgeon to get new x-rays and (hopefully) permission to walk on it again. In the long term (another) 6 weeks is the blink of an eye and I'm still uniquely positioned and privileged to get to continue my training at all.

Makes sense with the plants too, as it does with most things in life. Take the time to do things right, keep the effort high and yourself honest and usually the results will reflect that. So often in life the results of anything or everything we do are a reflection of our own integrity.

Thanks again for the thoughts and words brother.

BR

Last edited:
Top Bottom