Been having a few problems

• Thread starter DazedNconfused78
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Anthem

Anthem

Also take a look at the unit and see if it has a threaded connection at the collection tank to mount a hose. Some do and some do not. If you have one that will allow for draining the collection tank (hint they usually have a cutout for the drain line in the body of the unit) what will work is to mount the dehumidifier about 30 inches off the ground and install a drain line to the unit and go to HD and get a couple 13 gallon storage tots (use 2 because they will flex and break) Drill a hole at the top of the tot or in the lid and run the drain line into the tot. This should make it so the tot only needs to be emptied every day or so depending on the size of your grow.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Also take a look at the unit and see if it has a threaded connection at the collection tank to mount a hose. Some do and some do not. If you have one that will allow for draining the collection tank (hint they usually have a cutout for the drain line in the body of the unit) what will work is to mount the dehumidifier about 30 inches off the ground and install a drain line to the unit and go to HD and get a couple 13 gallon storage tots (use 2 because they will flex and break) Drill a hole at the top of the tot or in the lid and run the drain line into the tot. This should make it so the tot only needs to be emptied every day or so depending on the size of your grow.
Right on! Good idea! Thanks. Yeah. I know it has an auto drain on it

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

This damn dehumidifier has a 3 minute shut off delay on it. That sucks. Because of course every time it shuts off when it gets to the right humidity it goes right back up to like 60%rh or whatever its at after 3 minutes. It went from 45 to 63 in three minutes.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

now get the owners manual and see about changed the set points. Again the set points should be programable.
Yeah. I have it set for 50 already. Its the 3 minute delay thats gonna mess me up. Any way to bypass that?

Anthem

Anthem

This damn dehumidifier has a 3 minute shut off delay on it. That sucks. Because of course every time it shuts off when it gets to the right humidity it goes right back up to like 60%rh or whatever its at after 3 minutes. It went from 45 to 63 in three minutes.
What is your humidity per the local weather report?

Anthem

Anthem

Yeah. I have it set for 50 already. Its the 3 minute delay thats gonna mess me up. Any way to bypass that?
The three minute delay is part of the hot start safety measures to prevent the unit from over heating.
I have not really taken the time to read thru all of this post. what is your growing method? I think I saw a couple pictures of white film over something. Are you doing ebb and flow flood table?

Anthem

Anthem

If I am understanding correctly you have the humidity set for 50 percent and the unit is turning off at 45 percent. So you have a 5 degree dead band. And by the time your hot start 3 minute delay time is over the humidity has reached 63 percent. Can you let me know what the humidity is per the local weather report? I am trying to understand your conditions to give further insight.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

What is your humidity per the local weather report?

The three minute delay is part of the hot start safety measures to prevent the unit from over heating.
I have not really taken the time to read thru all of this post. what is your growing method? I think I saw a couple pictures of white film over something. Are you doing ebb and flow flood table?
47% humidity for the local weather. Ebb and flow. My res is in the tent.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

If I am understanding correctly you have the humidity set for 50 percent and the unit is turning off at 45 percent. So you have a 5 degree dead band. And by the time your hot start 3 minute delay time is over the humidity has reached 63 percent. Can you let me know what the humidity is per the local weather report? I am trying to understand your conditions to give further insight.
I actually had it at 45 to begin with. I have it at 50 now. But it still.does the same thing

Anthem

Anthem

47% humidity for the local weather. Ebb and flow. My res is in the tent.
Is the rez covered with a lid and just small holes for the lines?
Can you post a recent picture of the set up. Here is what I saw and I want to confirm. the plants are small which is actually part of the challenge. I just need to confirm so I do not give you poor advisce.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

It is averaging 53% though. But the spikes from 43% to 63% are not good. Am i right on that?

Anthem

Anthem

Do you have a
It is averaging 53% though. But the spikes from 43% to 63% are not good. Am i right on that?
It is actually going from 43 to 63 so it is spiking up and down which is not ideal. Is the rez have a cover with just holes for the lines?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

3 min delay is very important unless you want to burn out the compressor.

I run my drain line to a catch pan that my runoff also goes to with a 120v furnace condensate pump in it... that automatically pumps it to a drain so I never have to get rid of runoff or dehuey water.

Can get em cheap like $40-50 if your looking to cut down on work. They are 120v and just wire a plug to them.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000SM342Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_H47G7C8682F06548EKNJ

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Some are programmable going off memory.
Not that I know of for the floor models I believe they are usually +/-5 so that's a swing of 10 not including the delay for the sensor to read which usually is a big part of the problem.

On my inkbird I set a 2% deadband and can place the sensor in an ideal position. I can keep my humidity with 5% at all times. So it kicks on at 2% above the setpoint and shuts off at the setpoint not below

Also never use a humidifier and dehumidifier at the same time... they will just keep kicking eachother on unless you have them setup perfectly and sensors in ideal places. Even then you need a larger deadband.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Is the rez covered with a lid and just small holes for the lines?
Can you post a recent picture of the set up. Here is what I saw and I want to confirm. the plants are small which is actually part of the challenge. I just need to confirm so I do not give you poor advisce.
No. I d
Also do you have a humidifier in there as well?
No. I did have one in there when i needed it. I took it out a few weeks ago. The plants kind of regulated themselves for a minute. My internet sucks here. Im having trouble getting a pic to load. And the res has a lid on it. The one that is made for it. And only the port hole is open. But i also have that panda film hanging all the way down the sides of my table

Pondracer

Pondracer

Not that I know of for the floor models I believe they are usually +/-5 so that's a swing of 10 not including the delay for the sensor to read which usually is a big part of the problem.

On my inkbird I set a 2% deadband and can place the sensor in an ideal position. I can keep my humidity with 5% at all times. So it kicks on at 2% above the setpoint and shuts off at the setpoint not below

Also never use a humidifier and dehumidifier at the same time... they will just keep kicking eachother on unless you have them setup perfectly and sensors in ideal places. Even then you need a larger deadband.

This. I use a Hydro-X the same way. Remember you have three mechanisms for controlling humidity. Humidifier, Dehumidifier, exhaust fan. A controller allows you to use all 3 pieces in concert and once you figure it out its rock solid. For me there is nothing sweeter than being in the grow room, lights on and nothing running but the circulation fans. No exhaust, no humidifiers and no heat. Everything nicely in balance. When I am tuned right, like now, it will be like that for 5 minutes.. then 5 minutes exhaust... then quiet again. Minimal electricity, minimal use of my carbon filter.

Top Bottom