BEST BULB IN FLOWERING FOR QUALITY AND POTENCY?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
We Solidarity

We Solidarity

that is in the pudding that's where the proof always is!

got yer puddin right here...
IMG 0549

Under some DE bulbs...
IMG 20140609 150740077
IMG 20140602 094742693 HDR

But ya...I can't hang with people who get denser nugs under halides...those skills are beyond me :rolleyes:

Gosh it makes total sense too, since red spectrums increase the metabolism of phosphorus...which has nothing to do with flower density or oil production...

I've flowered under literally every lamp that has been made to grow under, with too many ballast brands and hoods to list...some are better than others, but honestly you'll notice more of a difference in your trichome development from watering\fertigation practices than the bulb you're growing under.

Last edited:

420Jackal

Brighter doesnt mean better! brighter means more lumens or lux. lumens aint shit, they are only primarily visible to the human eye. now wavelength and spectrum matter dramatically. Tried the Solis-Tek bulbs with GREAT SUCCESS! i read an article on a bong cleaner site, saw the companies instagram of their grows and decided to try their choice. technology changes, read up on it here 420kushclean.com/light-spectrum-cannabis/

not to mention they have a lot more UVB/UVA then any other grow bulbs out there that i researched. they are the ONLY ONE that use IRON FREE GLASS! and yes they are different the moment you fire them up! i wont grow without my Solis Tek every again.
Wow I just read that article what a great find!
I am still not sure after reading this thread though on what brand is best
From reading it appears to be 3 solis tek Sunmaster and gavita
I have never seen any lights like gavita working. !!' Can anyone chime in and compare please !!
I want to upgrade my lights after see all this new technology and reading up on it it seems that it might be worth a try
Other than that I am super happy with my grows
Always looking to improve

420Jackal

The Ushio red I'm running right now, those are comparable to AgroSun red.
Anyone ever get what they believed to be counterfeit lamps when ordering off the web?
I have used ushio red
Not bad at all
I'm just trying to learn about these other brands and give them a shot
Not that the bulbs I have tried suck
They are great the ones I have tried
I had used hortilux for years but after moving to digi ballasts I found a problem with them and ever since then I been experimenting :) it's been fun an a grest learning experience
I grow fire and have been for awhile. I would have never guessed that changing a bulb could change the look of a plant especially it's buds
But through my experiment I got the same strain to look so many different ways by just changing the bulb
All the ones I tried frost up my buds
I'm just having fun playing I guess
Lol

Anyone can school me on Gavita I would love to learn more and understand why they are better

420Jackal

Gavitas for the win! Saves money when it's all said and done. But if not then ushio or hortilux....buying cheap bulbs is a ridiculous concept.
Hey yo I never got an answer from Fatzip818og so I'll ask you. Can you explain better what you mean when you say Gavita for the win! ???
I would like to learn more about lighting. I have been a long time grower and just looking to stay up to date with technology. Simple put! When I see my strains grown under different bulbs and spectrums I for sure notice different growth and flowers. It just to me I see similar quality in the buds. In my experience halides have made more oils come out than HPS. HPS seems to be more white and larger with smaller oil droplets on the glands than the halides
So I mix my lights now.
I want to know what Gavita brings to the table that these other companies are not doing?
Double ended bulbs have been around for awhile. Plasma is newer but I really don't understand how gavita is better!?
I read from post that it is good but that doesn't explain why!?

To me having a fixture which forced me to proprietary bulbs ? Am I missing something?

Also gavita seems to have a ballast attached. That might be ok with small grows but when u deAl with 20 fixtures running that would mean I have 20 ballasts creating even more heat to get rid of! Temperatures easily pass 100 outside my grows building and adding more BTU's like 20 ballasts would only make it harder to keep the room at optimal temps. I prefer to keep my flower room 77 or below at all times and towards the end of flowering lower day temps to 70-74 for terpenes and oil preservation
I won't ever change that no matter who says what about temps. I love the outcome I have dialed in.
Now how does one deal with ballast heat of 20 additional ballasts?

Currently all my ballast are mounted in another SEPERATE room so is my co2 generators. And during peak months like July my room has trouble keeping temps down even with my 5 ton dedicated Air conditioner

Heat also increased humidity which then I have to deal with another problem!
As I have it setup now. No beed for dehumidifier all all! The room has taken years to perfect and dial in all equipment and strains. And when I say dialed in I mean it. Dialed in! Not just for perfection but also dialed in to use the least amount of equipment for environmental control

Anybody please chime in
I don't mind being schooled
Thst is how I achieved great smoke
By being open minded and willin to let others school me. I am here to listen
Even if I don't like the info or find it wrong I like to hear ones opinion and why they feel a particular way
I can sift through that info and see if I like it or find it helpful

homegrownking

homegrownking

I have done side by side comparisons on most high-end brands of HID bulbs. I started out on Hortilux then ventured to try all the rest, Digilux, lumatek, and Sun Pulse on all their kelvin rated phases. I came back full circle and am back to hortilux, I noticed more luminosity and bud density with hortis after doing side by sides. I have also heard a lot of good things about Ushios and Solis-Tek.

S

ssteely71

SunMaster bulbs are garbage. I picked up 20 bulbs as they were bogo. After 3 months they flicker a month later it's dead. No longer firing. Crap made in China. Buyer beware.

Sounds like your wiring and ballast are garbage, or your a competitor. SunMaster makes some good quality bulbs, not a rep, just have used them.

T

toquer

Sounds like your wiring and ballast are garbage, or your a competitor. SunMaster makes some good quality bulbs, not a rep, just have used them.
Multiple ballasts yield the same results. The two cases I got are obviously defective thus they were buy one get one free. Not knocking the spectrum, that rocked but the 600w full novas don't last for more than 3 months. I upgraded my grow to gavita.

D

DreamsCumTru

I just seen something about those lights in another forum so I seen this one and thought I would get more info on them and when I come to this one I find out about something else.... A new grower here who is inspired by you all just would like all the info out there

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

Hey yo I never got an answer from Fatzip818og so I'll ask you. Can you explain better what you mean when you say Gavita for the win! ???
I would like to learn more about lighting. I have been a long time grower and just looking to stay up to date with technology. Simple put! When I see my strains grown under different bulbs and spectrums I for sure notice different growth and flowers. It just to me I see similar quality in the buds. In my experience halides have made more oils come out than HPS. HPS seems to be more white and larger with smaller oil droplets on the glands than the halides
So I mix my lights now.
I want to know what Gavita brings to the table that these other companies are not doing?
Double ended bulbs have been around for awhile. Plasma is newer but I really don't understand how gavita is better!?
I read from post that it is good but that doesn't explain why!?

To me having a fixture which forced me to proprietary bulbs ? Am I missing something?

Also gavita seems to have a ballast attached. That might be ok with small grows but when u deAl with 20 fixtures running that would mean I have 20 ballasts creating even more heat to get rid of! Temperatures easily pass 100 outside my grows building and adding more BTU's like 20 ballasts would only make it harder to keep the room at optimal temps. I prefer to keep my flower room 77 or below at all times and towards the end of flowering lower day temps to 70-74 for terpenes and oil preservation
I won't ever change that no matter who says what about temps. I love the outcome I have dialed in.
Now how does one deal with ballast heat of 20 additional ballasts?

Currently all my ballast are mounted in another SEPERATE room so is my co2 generators. And during peak months like July my room has trouble keeping temps down even with my 5 ton dedicated Air conditioner

Heat also increased humidity which then I have to deal with another problem!
As I have it setup now. No beed for dehumidifier all all! The room has taken years to perfect and dial in all equipment and strains. And when I say dialed in I mean it. Dialed in! Not just for perfection but also dialed in to use the least amount of equipment for environmental control

Anybody please chime in
I don't mind being schooled
Thst is how I achieved great smoke
By being open minded and willin to let others school me. I am here to listen
Even if I don't like the info or find it wrong I like to hear ones opinion and why they feel a particular way
I can sift through that info and see if I like it or find it helpful
a thought i have is can you divert a small portion of the cool air to blow on those ballasts, this might help with temps and keep them running efficiently. if you haven't tried em yet, run dual arcs for a comparison, best of both worlds IMO.

P

PapaPurple

I don't know if anybody posted about the Digilux but this is a top of the line bulb comparable to the Hortilux, designed for digital ballasts operating at a much higher frequency causing there to be no real flickering affect. Greater Lumens, higher PAR, and cheaper than the hortilux.

sixstring

sixstring

I don't know if anybody posted about the Digilux but this is a top of the line bulb comparable to the Hortilux, designed for digital ballasts operating at a much higher frequency causing there to be no real flickering affect. Greater Lumens, higher PAR, and cheaper than the hortilux.

i run the piss out of those bulbs,love me sum digilux 600w :)

DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

I didn't take the time to read through the thread and I'm sure someone already said this.. Hortilux Blue Daylight bar none. The blue light simulates winter. This causes the plant to produce more resin thinking winter (and death) are around the corner. Cold temps will help with this also. It makes the plant produce more tricomes in vein searching for pollin. DONT use a lot of high PK bloom boosters for bulking. This will make them larger but at the expense of quality. BEST buds I ever grew were on GH Lucas formula only with daylight blue bulb. I'd never suggest this combo except for this application.

Peace DS

symbiote420

symbiote420

I'm a cheap bastage lol I used to run Hortilux but switched and I've been using PlantMax for close to 3 years..... I usually replace em every 3 months but times have been kinda hard lately and the bulbs I'm using now have probably been in for a lil over a year and honestly I'm not seeing any decrease in growth or yields yet. I will be replacing them in the next week or two because I've probably jinxed myself now for mentioning that but for a cheaper bulb they are one of the best IMO!

I have a pal that has won multiple local Cups and High Times that uses Plant Max too, if that don't speak for the quality of the product produced from them I don't know what!

Top Bottom