best butane to use?

• Thread starter Krypto1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KtidyFarms

KtidyFarms

I am not disagreeing with you because that is the normal way they do it, I've done a lot of work in paper mills also in my younger days and have seen ton's and miles of stainless piping and valves from 6" to 1/4" mostly for caustic chemicals and some steam that may be caustic and in 25 years ive only seen like 5 or 6 bottle's with a stainless valve. The picture is a stainless valve, here is another pic as close as I could get it. SAM 0446

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

yep thats sure is stainless, never seen one before on a flamable gas cylinder, see something new everyday...if i were you, you could still call up a welding gas supply company and ask them about the stainless valves, i dont see why they wouldnt be good except brass is a softer metal, stainless is pretty hard.....there must be a difference im sure if you call up a place they will tell you

P

psilisophic

DO NOT USE BRASS FITTINGS FOR ANY GAS THAT CONTAINES CANNABIS EXTRACT. pure gas is fine but components of the cannabis oil will leech poison from the brass, nothing to be used when making medicine.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

DO NOT USE BRASS FITTINGS FOR ANY GAS THAT CONTAINES CANNABIS EXTRACT. pure gas is fine but components of the cannabis oil will leech poison from the brass, nothing to be used when making medicine.
this is only if the extract is passing through the brass correct? the extract has to come into contact with the brass correct? because i see no way that it can leak into the extract unless its already leaking into the gas before the gas hits the material to be extracted.....

so im not sure what brass fittings your talking about that would have the extracted liquid run through them...in all systems i seen, closed or open, everything is stainless, but the gas tank valves are always brass, so the extract(oil) never comes into contact with any brass valves

Graywolf

Graywolf

For those brothers and sisters in OR, we now have Apis Labs offering Praxair 99.95% Instrument Grade for $300/Lp-5. They are located in Eugene, and can ship.

I sent a sample into a third party state certified forensic lab for analysis, and there were no molecules larger than C-4 detected at the test cutoff of .234 ppm.

After pre-distilling 49lbs through a 12" pot, there was only a light film of MO remaining behind, with no droplets or puddles. I also filtered that through a VICI Metronics polishing filter, and sent it in for a GC/MS analysis. I'll share those results when they are available.

You can reach Apis Labs at 541-359-5153 or [email protected].

Graywolf

Graywolf

For those brothers and sisters in OR, we now have Apis Labs offering Praxair 99.95% Instrument Grade for $300/Lp-5. They are located in Eugene, and can ship.

I sent a sample into a third party state certified forensic lab for analysis, and there were no molecules larger than C-4 detected at the test cutoff of .234 ppm.

After pre-distilling 49lbs through a 12" pot, there was only a light film of MO remaining behind, with no droplets or puddles. I also filtered that through a VICI Metronics polishing filter, and sent it in for a GC/MS analysis. I'll share those results when they are available.

You can reach Apis Labs at 541-359-5153 or [email protected].

The GC/MS analysis showed that the distilled and polished 99.5% Praxair Instrument Grade was 99.995% pure relative to molecules larger than C-4.

Isaac at VICI Metronics believes he can do a better job jet with the final filtration, so we will be running further experiments.

Mah

Mah

I use Puretane. It's triple refined n-butane. When I have had my shatter tested, the solvent results are incredible. Shatter taste cleaner and more flavorful in my opinion.

WPCollective

WPCollective

I use the Power 5x and get amazing results every time. You can order it by the case on Amazon. I've never had problems with it, I have used the 7x and 9x, even the volcano 9x, the meteor 12x and those 4 always left me with a waxy oil. I actually found little microscopic pieces of black in the volcano 9x runs.

Power 5X Butane - Amazon

1zipshatter
1zipshatter closeup
C

CO2Xtractor

The best butane to use is scientific grade 99.99999% pure CH4.......

Oh wait that is impossible. Might as well just use butane with heavy metals, poisons, and mystery oil straight out of the lighter fluid can. You people will all be half retarded by the time you are 40!

marianova

marianova

hi im a newbie here but sharing is caring, i have tried newport zero, colibri, vector, xikar, and i found that roor butane is the best among them. ive been using roor butane since a year and i had the best concentrates.
i even order my butane online at butaneworld.com and they are even cheaper than store prices. so fuck who cares, i wait 3 or 4 days to receive it but i save a couple of dollars :)

I've been hearing a lot about nxxt 2 zero butane but i didnt try it yet, anyone recommends?

J

jimis

American produced "n-butane" is ok, as the American standards for n-butane are strict. However, some other countries have much lower, if any standards for n butane. Eco green, out of Korea, for example, is 1 company that sells crap grade gas as "n-butane". I know of 3 companies that sell American n-butane by the can: Puretane (as mentioned here), Capitol (although I currently am unable to order from them), and Stok FYR USA N-butane (not to be confused with Stok FYR UK, which is NOT pure N-butane). Similarly, I would assume that any American made N-butane sold in bulk (by the multi pound cylinder), would be as safe as the brands sold by the can. According to a rep from Puretane, in the near future (if not by now), Puretane will be available for sale by the cylinder. Right now, Puretane is the purest brand of n-butane I know of... with no propane, and only a trace of iso butane. Is n-butane safe than propane or iso butane??... Well, Im not about to make that speculation... but, if organic status matters to you, then you would want to use only natural gases, such as n-butane, n-propane, n-hexane. Capitol apparently now sells a blend of n-butane and n-propane, which many people believe produces a better oil, but, once again, I currently have been unable to contact Capitol for an order. So, I can't verify the cleanliness of their gases.

P

paperc07

American produced "n-butane" is ok, as the American standards for n-butane are strict. However, some other countries have much lower, if any standards for n butane. Eco green, out of Korea, for example, is 1 company that sells crap grade gas as "n-butane". I know of 3 companies that sell American n-butane by the can: Puretane (as mentioned here), Capitol (although I currently am unable to order from them), and Stok FYR USA N-butane (not to be confused with Stok FYR UK, which is NOT pure N-butane). Similarly, I would assume that any American made N-butane sold in bulk (by the multi pound cylinder), would be as safe as the brands sold by the can. According to a rep from Puretane, in the near future (if not by now), Puretane will be available for sale by the cylinder. Right now, Puretane is the purest brand of n-butane I know of... with no propane, and only a trace of iso butane. Is n-butane safe than propane or iso butane??... Well, Im not about to make that speculation... but, if organic status matters to you, then you would want to use only natural gases, such as n-butane, n-propane, n-hexane. Capitol apparently now sells a blend of n-butane and n-propane, which many people believe produces a better oil, but, once again, I currently have been unable to contact Capitol for an order. So, I can't verify the cleanliness of their gases.

Yeah I was hearing it was out of Puretan, Whip It, and Power.

H

hashmon82

My question would be, if it's a new forumla and near zero impurities why didn't the refinement X go up from 5x to say 7x or something? Just a thought, I'm betting the formula is the same and they see the market and demand for dabs/butane....they like sales and that sticker might just get them...
i use Whip it premium or Nxxt zero both give great results

H

hashmon82

hi im a newbie here but sharing is caring, i have tried newport zero, colibri, vector, xikar, and i found that roor butane is the best among them. ive been using roor butane since a year and i had the best concentrates.
i even order my butane online at butaneworld.com and they are even cheaper than store prices. so fuck who cares, i wait 3 or 4 days to receive it but i save a couple of dollars :)

I've been hearing a lot about nxxt 2 zero butane but i didnt try it yet, anyone recommends?
i have used it works very well great product imo

Consentratez

Consentratez

After years of this thread I am goI got with puretane - they just went back to shields because of "improper labeling". I believe hey used the word extracting on there label because there stuff is made for purely extracting. I have a shop here that sells them still ( they may have got a bunch before ).
Save your medicine broman go with puretane

waxman

waxman

I have tried many, many brands. So far, Newport has produced the best medication for me by far! I have a case of Whip-it Premium 420 ml cans that just came in. I will use this on my next run to see how it stacks up to Newport.
Newport claims "near zero impurities" While, Whip-it Premium states "zero impurities" I decided to try Whip-it due to test results I found online. With Whip-it Premium being #1.
Here are the results:
Best Butane for BHO

C

Cypher10z

Me and the boys at @cypherextracts don't use anything but 99.99 pure medical grade N-butane. The reason is that no matter what can you pick it will contain propellant and usually hydrogen sulfide and mercaptans to make the gas smell. The problem lies in that even with a proper vac oven and pump, the boiling point of these compounds exceeds the boiling point of not only the terpenes but cbd and thc. It's literally impossible to purge properly. Unfortunately you need a license to get a tank, and when you do they are almost 200 lbs.

waxman

waxman

@Cypher10z, You and the boys are doing it right! You are correct in every aspect of using canned butane. I would use the 99.9% Medical grade N-Butane but, I have not run that much material at one time. I do have the license to purchase N-Butane and will do so when I have built up enough material to run through my Closed Loop system again.
I can buy 15lb tanks @www. bestvaluevacs.com for $145.00. I do however distill all butane I use before extractions.
I want to have my product tested, but not sure who to use? I would like to put out the best product I can since my Dad has stage 4 Cancer and uses oil for treatment instead of chemo. He is now in remission! Thank god! I use glass tubes sometimes, A closed coluum every now and then. I run my Closed Loop when I have a bunch of material to run at once. I am phasing out all but the Closed Loop. I have all the proper equipment to purge my product Any help I would appreciate! Only been extracting for about 2 years. I DO NOT SELL my product.. It is for the sick and Disabled only! I have been told that mine is better than the medical stuff in Colorado??? I don't know? There is black ass shit here in Florida...
Thanks for the input!

C

Cypher10z

Good shit. Yeah it makes sense shits darker in florida, the laws make it so. Side note, what ever tane you use, grb some molecular sieve and activated carbon and fill a filter tube to keep funk out, no matter what tane you use a closed loop with good pumps will create such a high level of turbulence in the recovery phase that the possibility of precipitants (water or other) will occur. Happens any time you got a vigorous boil.

Latest posts

Top Bottom