Best products for crystal content increases

• Thread starter kushmaster42
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Stick a screwdriver in the trunk of the stem a week before harvest.

I heard thats what people do in Afghanistan because it stresses the plant and will increase resin production. The Afghans can't control there environment because they all grow outdoors so they use primitive techniques, but it works.

HumboldtDr

HumboldtDr

Whats your ailment?
Supporter
Like some of the pros on here are telling you. All about genes first. Then its Low temps and humidity. Its almost like you're squeezing out the last bit of grease.

N

noone88

Hate to resurrect an old thread. Some strains are naturally covered with trichromes (blue dream, bubba). Other strains need to be tweaked to get it to produce abundance amount of resin. Sometimes there are genetic limitations.

The healthier the plant, the better it will do at all stages. Make sure you have everything dialed in (temps, humidity). My trick has been for the last 3 weeks, feed with snowstorm ultra, and lower the temps progressively (74 in week 6, 68 in week 7, and low as possible in week 8 during flush).

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

And oragnic fertilizers are natural so they don't do any harm, lol your a funny guy!

Organic fertilizers do have salt in them, so you are WRONG about organic ferts not doing ANY harm. There is this thing called the Salt Index (SI), and every organic fert has a different amount. So when people use organic ferts IMPROPERLY it can hurt the environment. Just like using synthetic ferts IMPROPERLY could hurt the environment.

This conversation started because you were stating your OPINION about organics making bud taste and smell better, but you claim it to be FACT, which is false. Now you still make false claims about organic ferts doing no harm to the environment because they are natural, but you seem to miss the part about organic ferts having SALTS in them, organic or synthetic, they are still salts which could do harm.

Again, I am not bashing organics, I use them to grow. But there is no real evidence of organic ferts producing better flavors or smells in bud. Now there are benefits of organics over synthetics and vice versa. There are lots of vitamins, minerals, microbes, ect. in organics and those will help the plant uptake nutrients and many other things which in-turn will help produce more essential oils which make bud smell and taste better.

IMHO the nutrients themselves won't effect flavor and smell based on whether its organic or synthetic because we all know the organic nutrients must be broken down into synthetic forms so the roots can up-take it. So some nutrients WILL effect flavor and smell, but it has NOTHING to do with being organic or not because ALL nutrients are inorganic once inside the plant.

Nutrients definitely effect flavor and smell indirectly, for example, if your plant is deficient in S during flower, then the plant won't be able to produce as much oils because of the lack of S. Again, it does not matter if the S is from epsom salt or molasses because once it is in the plant it will be the same inorganic nutrient.

This is what I believe to be fact, so if anybody has facts to prove me wrong then please do so. I'm not trying to start an argument, I just want a normal and friendly conversation about this because so many people say organic nutrients make bud taste and smell better, but when you look at how the molecules are absorbed and move within a plant it contradicts itself.

K

kolah

Stick a screwdriver in the trunk of the stem a week before harvest.

I heard thats what people do in Afghanistan because it stresses the plant and will increase resin production. The Afghans can't control there environment because they all grow outdoors so they use primitive techniques, but it works.

Interesting. Has anyone ever tried this?

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

Correctly timed, positive stress seems to be good for trichome production. Others say to leave them in dark for a few days at the end of flower, before harvesting. How about UVB? How about dimming bright HPS lights, or finishing with MH? (light destroys THC)

It's one thing to talk about broadcasting the cheapest fertilizer on commercial soil crops. It's another thing altogether to talk about indoor hydroponics. It seems to me quite reactionary, and a little specious, to take the worst case mineral fertilizer scenario, and compare it to the best "organic" case.

Hydroponic greenhouses use a fraction of the water to produce tomatoes (a high water content fruit) compared to soil farms. They also use 97% fewer pesticides, as they're enclosed in glass, and there are few, if any, soil borne pathogens. In most civilized countries (excluding the u.s.) they use a closed loop system, so there's absolutely NO ground pollution. Grodan's precision growing means the least resources, for the maximum product. Frankly, we can't feed 7 billion people off dirt farms.

I'm sure we've all looked up guaranteed analyses on the u of washington's site. Did anyone else notice that pure blend "organic" compost tea has MORE heavy metals than Canna coco? Less crap in the food means less crap in the plant, and less crap in our bodies...right? I read a report that didn't find any significant difference in heavy metal content between outdoor soil grown, and indoor hydroponic grown cannabis. Maybe it's moot? Until somebody can produce reliable results that organically grown cannabis has lower heavy metal content than mineral fertilizer grown cannabis, any argument to this point is vain and useless speculation.

C

CleanerJack

Interesting. Has anyone ever tried this?

Yes I have heard of this and tried it except we do it with nails and we put two of them in in a cross pattern and use nails that aren't big enough to split the stalk. When I was taught the technique it was called crucifixion.

glockdoc

glockdoc

havent done it personally but ive read numerous times it does work. best thing to do to find out of shit like that is true or not is to simply find out if its done to crops by farmers is to ask an oldie.

im surprised that no one mentioned good old asprin water. asprin is made out of a chemical that plants release too correct plant sickness (immune booster) and also to when they are under attack by bugs. cannabis produces thc partly for a insect repellent and like others touched upon...when stressed. asprin water will make it think both..... ive even read its nute companies "secret ingredient" in highly reputable nute lines..
im going to give my girls a nice drink of asprin water and keep y'all posted.
just fyi; it is toxic to the plant if too much is given.

O

Organicyumyum

genetics are the key to trichome production, that and how quality your herb is grown. Anything that "boosts" crystal production is most likely only making it look more potent. Ive seen GSC buds that have a "frostier" look but that doesn't mean they are more potent than my organic ones. I feel like some of these products that boost crystal production only do so aesthetically, not so much so for more potency. A plant that is grown to its full potential will be as potent as it possibly be. A wonder product will not give more potency.

O

Organicyumyum

Plants can be just as healthy, stinky and tasty from synthetic nutes. I've seen and tasted it myself.

Its all about dialing in your environment, nutrients and using good genetics.

im going to politely disagree with this. organic soil is the only way to get the truest, stinkiest, cleanest burning/tasting herb. Dont get me wrong, hydro can be phenomenal, but the best is a clean soil organic sample.

O

Organicyumyum

So is it really BETTER for the environment and HEALTHIER for people????? Still no hard FACTS, all myths.

if facts mean smoking thousands upon thousands of samples grown organically and chemically, and growing for 12+ years in all ways (hydro, coco, organic soil), then Im gonna say it's fact. :) hydro has it's advantages and disadvantages, and those main disadvantages are that its not as tasty and clean. Ive had some expertly grown hydro samples recently that were all amazing but still don't hold a candle to organic soil

O

Organicyumyum

Ok bro, salts are so dangerous lol. I don't use shitty synthetics made from Monsanto and some great farmers on this site are spreading "dangerous" info on how to make your own synthetic ferts using salts. So go preach to them.

Again, there is no proof of organic NPK making bud taste and smell better. So there is no need for me to keep on with this conversation, unsubbed.

come smoke with me bro, I have proof for you :D

O

Organicyumyum

Being open to the possibilities of the world will help you along not just with growing but with yourself
You'll find that chemicals are only sold for one purpose, profit. Cheaper to produce, so they had almost everyone fooled when they first came into growing. Advanced Nutrients has had a big hand in it. As we learn more we begin to realize that there are people getting 1lb plants growing resposnibly(Organic) ill be honest synthetics are easy to use and they yield a ton. But now that I know a couple of secrets, when I run out of my synthetics. I'm going to swith to Age old organics Bountee and the earth & grow system and call it a day. I have a caretaker in my meetings that pulls a 1lb a plant organically and its the best of kush I have ever smoked. I don't even like smoking it because it makes me comatose, so I eat the buds and it helps with the knee pain(knee was destoyed in motorcycle accident)

He is going to teach me how to you use that system and ill post the grow on here should be sometime in beg of March.

You can see what the earth n grow is all about. The ppl who know about it don't share it because it gives them a monopoly in the area and they are giving away free meds and still have dough(he showed me the only 100,000 stack I have ever seen.

Link to my current project talking about earth & grow grounding system

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...-grow-show-start-to-finish.52770/#post-969928

yo bro, look at www.simplici-tea.com. Their nutrient pack makes an amazing super soil that will yield you over 30 gallons of soil. At around $90 bucks per batch its much cheaper than buying bottled nutes and much easier as well. All the nutrients for your plant are already in the soil so that you mainly just water with plain water. This will give you the cleanest tasting herb you have ever grown.

O

Organicyumyum

jr peters synthetic nutes for the win! LOL (sorry OW I had to do it):rolleyes:

Letting your plants go longer than 8 weeks is a great way to get better herbs you impatient motherfuckers!!!

haha! For the record everyone, Cap is one of the few if only synthetic growers I have ever met that has that super quality hydro bud. Amazing hydro is possible, just few and far between. Keep it up my man!

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I've had killer results using a mix of the 2.. Salt nutes with organic additives..<< I'm gettin the best from both worlds.. I won't say 1 is better then the other b'cuz I've smoke super dank from both types of growers.. I think a real grow master can produce top notch mega frosty,tasty,& clean burning dank with any style grow <<< hydro or organic.. I've had super big time organic guys like Doc & Alien enjoy & gave me props on my hydro buds.. But I'm not saying my way is better then urs.. Find what works 4 u & don't worry about other people trying 2 tell u how 2 grow ur dank..

I always hear how much better organic dank is but I've grown both ways & my WiFi #1 both ways & I'm gettin the same smells & tastes in soil & coco.. I'd say if u know what ur doing then u can grow dank any way.. I'm actually putting this organic VS hydro 2 the test as we speak.. I'm testing GSC 3 in soil & 5 in coco.. I don't really listen 2 people telling me what's better b'cuz I'll b the judge of that 4 myself.. I'll grow my sticky dank witch ever way works best 4 me..

I've smoked Doc's & Aliens organic weed & it was dank as fuck & I've smoked some hydro weed that was dank as fuck.. & at the same time I've smoke some organic & hydro weed that smoked like shit.. It's all about the grower & what he knows..

1 of these days I want 2 exchange buds with BaBa G & OrganicYumYum & I'm sure we will all agree that we all grow nice tasty dank.. At least I know I'll like there dank b'cuz I like any well grown weed from a great grower.. Maybe they won't like my weed I don't know? 1 of these days we will find out..

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

The homie Rival gets killer results in soil with salt nutes.. Bad ass growers r juss bad ass no matter what they use..

Also this year Girl Scout cookies took 1st place at the LA cup with weed grown with GH 3 part.. A good grower will always grow great weed.. If u got the green thumb u got the green thumb!! Ur green thumb won't turn black & fall off if u use salt base nutes..LOL

Top Bottom