Best products for crystal content increases

• Thread starter kushmaster42
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

Organicyumyum

I've had killer results using a mix of the 2.. Salt nutes with organic additives..<< I'm gettin the best from both worlds.. I won't say 1 is better then the other b'cuz I've smoke super dank from both types of growers.. I think a real grow master can produce top notch mega frosty,tasty,& clean burning dank with any style grow <<< hydro or organic.. I've had super big time organic guys like Doc & Alien enjoy & gave me props on my hydro buds.. But I'm not saying my way is better then urs.. Find what works 4 u & don't worry about other people trying 2 tell u how 2 grow ur dank..

I always hear how much better organic dank is but I've grown both ways & my WiFi #1 both ways & I'm gettin the same smells & tastes in soil & coco.. I'd say if u know what ur doing then u can grow dank any way.. I'm actually putting this organic VS hydro 2 the test as we speak.. I'm testing GSC 3 in soil & 5 in coco.. I don't really listen 2 people telling me what's better b'cuz I'll b the judge of that 4 myself.. I'll grow my sticky dank witch ever way works best 4 me..

I've smoked Doc's & Aliens organic weed & it was dank as fuck & I've smoked some hydro weed that was dank as fuck.. & at the same time I've smoke some organic & hydro weed that smoked like shit.. It's all about the grower & what he knows..

1 of these days I want 2 exchange buds with BaBa G & OrganicYumYum & I'm sure we will all agree that we all grow nice tasty dank.. At least I know I'll like there dank b'cuz I like any well grown weed from a great grower.. Maybe they won't like my weed I don't know? 1 of these days we will find out..

pretty sure i'll like your buds brother, seen enough to determine that. killing it homey! like i said, it's few and far between, but synthetic nutes can produce killer herb.

O

Organicyumyum

Correctly timed, positive stress seems to be good for trichome production. Others say to leave them in dark for a few days at the end of flower, before harvesting. How about UVB? How about dimming bright HPS lights, or finishing with MH? (light destroys THC)

It's one thing to talk about broadcasting the cheapest fertilizer on commercial soil crops. It's another thing altogether to talk about indoor hydroponics. It seems to me quite reactionary, and a little specious, to take the worst case mineral fertilizer scenario, and compare it to the best "organic" case.

Hydroponic greenhouses use a fraction of the water to produce tomatoes (a high water content fruit) compared to soil farms. They also use 97% fewer pesticides, as they're enclosed in glass, and there are few, if any, soil borne pathogens. In most civilized countries (excluding the u.s.) they use a closed loop system, so there's absolutely NO ground pollution. Grodan's precision growing means the least resources, for the maximum product. Frankly, we can't feed 7 billion people off dirt farms.

I'm sure we've all looked up guaranteed analyses on the u of washington's site. Did anyone else notice that pure blend "organic" compost tea has MORE heavy metals than Canna coco? Less crap in the food means less crap in the plant, and less crap in our bodies...right? I read a report that didn't find any significant difference in heavy metal content between outdoor soil grown, and indoor hydroponic grown cannabis. Maybe it's moot? Until somebody can produce reliable results that organically grown cannabis has lower heavy metal content than mineral fertilizer grown cannabis, any argument to this point is vain and useless speculation.

i wouldn't call pure blend pro organic at all. organic based is the word, and that is used broadly. I started out growing with pure blend and I wouldn't call it organic, regardless of what the label says. To me, an organic fertilizer most likely looks/smells like S**T or molasses. Open up a bottle of pure blend and I don't see or smell either. I get a synthetic smell when I smell it.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

if it says EDTA its not organic. Leadsled says EDTA will wipe out a herd quickly. He has a nice scope and I trust him..and Udyana backed it up.

Prety sure Botanicare uses edta in several of their products. I know their cal mag has it. Did some reading...

EDTA is a microbe killer.

Joseph29

Joseph29

bud candy worked for me!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

if facts mean smoking thousands upon thousands of samples grown organically and chemically, and growing for 12+ years in all ways (hydro, coco, organic soil), then Im gonna say it's fact. :) hydro has it's advantages and disadvantages, and those main disadvantages are that its not as tasty and clean. Ive had some expertly grown hydro samples recently that were all amazing but still don't hold a candle to organic soil

I attempt to start no argument, but your 12+ years of experience smoking and growing still don't prove facts. Until there is unbiased scientific studies that prove organic grown buds are 'tastier' and 'smellier' then synthetic grown buds, then I'll admit fault.

I grow 100% organic outdoors and 'almost' 100% synthetic indoors. So I have nothing against organics, but my opinion is mine, and your opinion is yours. To call 12+ years of smoking and growing 'facts' is very inaccurate.

Like I said before, I don't want an argument to ensue, but that is the only thing I believe you are wrong on, that experience smoking and growing can prove facts, it is simply your opinion, which is valued IMHO.

B

Bangarang

The first two products that come to mind are Bloombastic and Purple Maxx. Both are pricey and both have there place. Some people swear by Snow Storm but i feel like it didnt do the trick for me.

loudiamond

loudiamond

I haven't been on for a while but I did some reading and catching up. Since my last posts I have done a lot of research and have a couple more grows under my belt. Organic provide additional organic compounds,amino acids carbon blocks that are absent in synthetics. From my lab results the organically grown buds had a more balanced cannabinoid profile and the the smells were actually more complex. I had an electrician that I met tell me in his 40 years of smoking that wifi is the best tasting bud he has ever smoked.

loudiamond

loudiamond

From high times how to grow a cup winner. Notice of the 23 winners 15 were some kind of organic. And the judges unanimously voted the best flavor by those grown veganically and with compost teas. Another part
"Experienced growers and savvy competitors know that, while organic nutrients may not produce the best weight, they do bring out the true genetic potential of most strains, including the best flavor and aroma possible."

Nutrient Programs
The first decision any grower has to make when determining how to feed their plants is whether to use synthetic nutrients or go organic. The latter has a few different levels to consider, including whether to feed the plants directly or feed the garden’s soil with microbes and then let the soil feed the plants naturally instead.

Experienced growers and savvy competitors know that, while organic nutrients may not produce the best weight, they do bring out the true genetic potential of most strains, including the best flavor and aroma possible. As a result, it’s no surprise that in our sampling of 2012 Cup winners, 12 were grown organically while eight were grown using synthetic nutrients. (Editor’s note: The growers of the three remaining prize-winning strains -- organic farmers all -- declined to divulge their nutrient regimens to HT. Must be a trade-industry secret!)

Growing With Organics
Among the 12 organic farmers who did share their nutrient regimens with us, the two most popular lines were Organicare (from Botanicare) and General Organics (from General Hydroponics); Organic FoxFarm was also rated highly. Nearly all of the organic nutrient programs were used in conjunction with soilless mixes or compost.

It’s important to remember that mixing organic and synthetic fertilizers is counter-productive to the goal of organic feeding, since most synthetic fertilizers will kill the microbial organisms that help decompose minerals and nutrients in organic mediums.

Of the remaining three organic winners, one went “veganic” while two others used compost teas. Interestingly enough, the judges’ score-cards also indicated that the highest scores in the “Taste/Flavor” category came from these three entries. Talk about food for thought!

Growing With Synthetics
Synthetic nutrients, while in the minority in our survey of winners, are still the most popular choice for the mass of cannabis growers worldwide. There are a few good reasons for this, primarily that synthetics have the potential to result in heavier yields (though often at the expense of other qualities), and also because they’re generally easier to use in application (though this is less of a factor as new organic products come onto the market).

Both General Hydroponics and Botanicare started out as synthetic-only nutrient companies and still sit atop the leader board as the makers of the best artificial nutes out there. Surprisingly, Canna -- another excellent brand based in Europe -- contributed to only one of the 23 winning grow programs, but it’s still recommended by many.

shoestring

shoestring

First off. Some of your most trichome covered buds i have grown and smoked can SOMETIMES not be as potent. While pretty to look at some varieties i have grown in the past that were choked with crystals were not all that stellar in quality. Looks can be decieving. Now with that being said this is usually not the case. Heavy trichome producing plants USUALLY translates into high potency and awesome taste. But not always. Now with a variety that has genetic potential to produce massive trichomes is the first and foremost important key. Then its just a matter of having a dialed in room and nutrient/additive regimen. If you have the ability to control your room temperature and humidity then a slightly cooler room during the last 2 weeks helps. And lowering your humidity another 10% will go a long way towards frosting up the rite ladies too. If your using co2 to increase photosynthesis rates go ahead and shut that down the last 2 weeks too. It works for me. And using an additve like Bloombastic, Snowstorm, or any of the millions of others out there CAN give you that extra kick for choked out trichs. But them bottles are the last thing on the list. They also have a tendency to prolong flowering. These are opposite of standard monopotassium phosphate boosters most of us use by default.

shoestring

shoestring

Oh by the way. The original Pure Blend nutrient line was almost realeased totally organic years ago. Dont know if it was Botanicare or if they licensed it later. What they were trying back then was release a 100% organic bottled nutrient. During final trials in tomato greenhouses it didnt quite work without extreme heavy aeration. This was years ago. They also found out its extremely difficult to measure electrical conductivity with all organic nutrient solutions. And here it is years later and nutrient manufacturers are still trying to produce an all organic line that has no problems and give results similar to synthetic fertilizers.

B

Bangarang

I agree that looks can be deceiving. Purple Maxx or Snow Storm your stuff from week 5-7 at 2.5ml a gallon and you will see what you want. But again Potency is what you really want to work on. aka Genetics

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

Some of the products that I've had good results from:
Cutting edge solutions: Uncle Johns Blend
Atami Bloombastic
Budswell

Don't know what uncle johns is, but it works nicely.

KarmaPharms

KarmaPharms

-Sugars, the more raw the better
-Altering the climate, lowering temps, and lowering humidy to create drought
-Introduction of UVB in your room
and the obvious one....CAPS!
Im new to forum and I am constantly reading about CAPS. Can someone tell me what they are, please?

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

Im new to forum and I am constantly reading about CAPS. Can someone tell me what they are, please?

I got this one.

Capulators Beneficials. Capulator is a user on this forum and I suggest you research some of his posts. He is the proprietor of a product line labeled " OG Biowar"- a media inoculate consisting of multiple strains of micro biology that assist in growing cannabis.

THE END

KarmaPharms

KarmaPharms

jr peters synthetic nutes for the win! LOL (sorry OW I had to do it):rolleyes:

Letting your plants go longer than 8 weeks is a great way to get better herbs you impatient motherfuckers!!!
I know this is an old post, but what do you mean? I go by the trichomes to harvest. If you have an 8 week strain and you let it go 9-10 won't it over ripen? I harvest when the trich's are cloudy. My understanding is THC begins degrading once the trich's begin to amber.

KarmaPharms

KarmaPharms

I got this one.

Capulators Beneficials. Capulator is a user on this forum and I suggest you research some of his posts. He is the proprietor of a product line labeled " OG Biowar"- a media inoculate consisting of multiple strains of micro biology that assist in growing cannabis.

THE END
Fungi and bacteria? Is it a tea recipe or a product we can buy? Would this compare to say, Stump Tea?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I know this is an old post, but what do you mean? I go by the trichomes to harvest. If you have an 8 week strain and you let it go 9-10 won't it over ripen? I harvest when the trich's are cloudy. My understanding is THC begins degrading once the trich's begin to amber.

Yeah man what I meant is some people will cut a 9 week strain at 60 days.

Top Bottom