best qb light setup for 4x8 i can order right now.

• Thread starter redshift75
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

redshift75

I can build a 16'x48'(maybe bigger if i started tweaking the numbers) greenhouse for the price of those quantum boards i just scooped up. eventually i do want to have about 30 96' x something. im not really picky but lets just say 96' length greenhouses. but ive really been digging 48' For food/produce though.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I can build a 16'x48'(maybe bigger if i started tweaking the numbers) greenhouse for the price of those quantum boards i just scooped up. eventually i do want to have about 30 96' x something. im not really picky but lets just say 96' length greenhouses. but ive really been digging 48' For food/produce though.
Envious.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Meiju and bava sell knocknoff strip lighting. Bava is even on amazon.

And there are some other shenzen factory companies on amazon selling the 240 and 260 watt board lights for $220- $300 depending on version delivered.

Much better option than chinese factory direct in my opinion. Easy return policy.

I might start aquiring parts over time for a full 4x8 strip build.

Hps bulbs have gone up in price. I was paying $65 for 600w hortilux now $92 so i got a pair of ushio this time. But they are more at most places now too. I paid $55 each.

I would love to see it. Still been toying around with the idea to swap out one of the 2k tables.

R

redshift75

in case anyone is curious - the lights shipped 2 days ago. will post when i receive them, JIC people wonder how long an order takes.

R

redshift75

That was fast.
other set will be here tomorrow. It travelled back in time to get here according to tracking. it left a day ahead and will goto alaska and come BACK! maybe im baked... but these lights might hit 1.21 gigawatts!!!

edit: also thats what happens when you buy the best. Im going to call my grow store and setup a time i can come in and testthem with the light meter. Last time i was there was a back log of people renting it for new setups.

R

redshift75

dumb question possibly... any of you have any good resources on how to wire these up good? Im not really sure how to wire them all or best route. isee just do the connector and wires. But do i need to shrink wrap or tape? sorry i just dont want to F* this up and burn something down or electrocute myself. This breaker aint going to pop lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

dumb question possibly... any of you have any good resources on how to wire these up good? Im not really sure how to wire them all or best route. isee just do the connector and wires. But do i need to shrink wrap or tape? sorry i just dont want to F* this up and burn something down or electrocute myself. This breaker aint going to pop lol
Wire them in series.

R

redshift75

anyone have any idea of a wiring diagram or which color on the power cord goes to what on the meanwell driver? i got a red/yellow/blue/green to a green/white/black or something.

threatco

threatco

They also came wired in parallel so i guess i should rewire the panels to series?

I used this. I am not an expert what so ever here.

Wall to driver input below.

Driver output to lights below.

Top Bottom