best strain to treat shizophrenia

• Thread starter dirk d
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Straits

Straits

Just saw the name of the thread; Best strain to treat scizophrenia.....there's none! One of my friends many year ago was scizophrenic,and he smoked a lot of hash and weed and was in and out of mental hospitals,who nursed him back to a tolerable state of mind,but when out again,he didn't take his medication,and continuing smoking all day long.Just listening to him when he had smoked,he was talking gibberish,and would get aggressive when you didn't saw things the way he did.He end up comitting suicide 28 years old.I'm not saying that it was marijuana/thc that did it,but it certainly wasn't helping him,but there's too many variables here.I watched while one of my early comrades slowly disintegrated,and I've never felt so helpless in all my life when I think back,I'm just turned 50 and even its over 20 years ago it stands clear to me as it was yesterday.So Dirk unless you can get pure CBD dont think about cannabis as a cure when we're talking scizophrenia,it'll only accelerate the disease.

K

kolah

I am not an MD and never wanted to be one. There are many stages/phases of schizto's..some mild, some extreme....some in the middle of the road. There is no recipe cookbook to follow, no magic bullet. IMO each individual case is different. I also would like to think there are alternative (better and safer) ways to treat these folks without using heavy pharma drugs. Maybe it is not as complicated as we seem to think it is.

The Mind, Body and Spirit all need the proper attention. Modern western medicine doesn't support all three. And almost always they treat only the Body which further destroys the other two (Mind and Spirit).

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The more I'm reading about the role of various foods, the more I'm believing that schizophrenia (and perhaps many other mental illnesses) can be controlled or possibly even alleviated through diet.

K

kolah

Yes SM, I have read quite a few articles/studies where they introduced different foods/nutrients. supps to mental patients and had very good results. Again, I am a huge supporter of The Gerson Therapy Program (and I was a patient as well).

Nutrition is a HUGE factor.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You may recall that, while my father is an MD trained in classical western medicine, that my mother is a registered dietitian who has come out against GM foods (in direct conflict with the dietetic organization she's belonged to her entire career, by the way). Both advocate cannabis.

dirk d

dirk d

Diet is the foundation of the body. There is nothing more important. Every ailment can be traced back to a nutritional deficiency.Just look at our plants. Same thing they just show it in colors lol

I refuse to believe that man can treat what nature can not. Smoking may not be the best method but I believe that Various Hash/Simpson Oils show very good potential. Unfortunately most of us stoners just love to smoke lol I am soon going to start testing my RSO so i'm hoping that will help.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You better believe I love to smoke, and you can pry my joint from my cold dead hands WHEN I'M DEAD.

Just sayin'.

surrealife

surrealife

misinformation repeated is killing the MMJ movement, thanks
why do people keep saying" too many variables""(hear that alot on here),
then spouting some opinion saying all of somebodies should never smoke MJ...?

i keep posting someones opionion who i am interested in...
what, is the doc getting lost?

i'm gonna grow hiw strain after i saw this

wow,

surrealife

surrealife

drink more water
like kolah said, we are mind, body, and spirit.
and maybe some rez

surrealife

surrealife

iv'e had a mallory wise tear, rip between stomach and esophagus, years of vomiting on empty stomach.
researched gluten free. not my issue, but lots of people living miserably due to that.
sad really
you have great info

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You might want to read Wheat Belly. I'm currently in the middle of an interview in Acres, USA magazine with William Davis, M.D., who's the author, and he's making some astounding assertions and suggestions. The long and the short of it that I'm taking away is that the wheat we're eating isn't the wheat of 35 years ago (the dwarf variety came out in '84-'85 or so). He's talking about LDLs (he discusses these blood fats differently) going down, diabetes rates going down, weight going down--much more to it than just the gluten.

Then there's also the issue of vital minerals. Did you know that foods high in oxalic acids actually bind to vital minerals and make them bio-UNavailable? Vital minerals like Ca, Fe, and Mg. Bonded with Ca makes calcium oxalate crystals--the most common form of kidney stone. Rheumatoid arthritis sufferers should not eat Solanaceous vegetables--alkaloids specific to this group aggravate the condition, in part by increasing swelling in the joints.

What can be happening to our brains as well? I know that my father's bipolar pretty much went away when he was taking Lithium, a completely different person from the one who'd raised me. (If only he'd stay ON the fucking Lithium!)

surrealife

surrealife

huh, they need to research what has always been here, not try to improve
what is perfect for us.
science thinke itself so smart....cutting edge...lol
barely scratching the surface, going wrong direction from what is right in front of us...
long live the plants....
is there a wheat movement,
so they molested a dwarf out of wheat?
i assume for the "good wheat"...is it too long of a life cycle?
money, they just can't get enough

i think everybody has got something,,,,more or less prevelant maybe.
no one gets out of this life alive, or unfd up

6 82012 1

fractal

fractal

Blueberry can be like smoking valium, but I agree with squiggly 100%. Serious cases of schizophrenia should probably avoid smoking cannabis.

squiggly

squiggly

I posted previously on this thread stating that in my experience as a mental health professional cannabis has been considered contraindicated, or, ill advised. I was mistaken. Though I haven't fully reviewed the research, it appears that CBD is being used in trials as a safer alternative to antipsychotics, which have a slew of very bad health consequences. My oldest brother has schizophrenia, and pharmacology has offered no solution for him for the last twenty years, and symptom management to varying degrees. Looks like I need to procure a good CBD strain. Just wanted to correct my error. Some links...

http://healthland.time.com/2012/05/...phrenia-with-few-side-effects-clinical-trial/

http://www.schizophrenia.com/sznews/archives/005024.html#

Cheers!

Something that really worries me is that most folks don't really have the know-how either chemically or medically to make the right types of decisions about this kind of treatment. I suggested that folks stay away because its quite clear that THC will have a less than desirable effect. Beyond that, I'm sure that you are aware messing with the brain chemistry in a schizophrenic could send them down a path they will never return from.

The activity of THC does not mimic or resemble any effective treatment of schizphrenia on record. In fact, as previously stated it does precisely the opposite of that and appears to be essentially the reverse of the types of medications which are commonly used.

I do understand that neuroleptics and antipsychotics have some of the worst side-effects of any drug. In fact it's probably not proper to really call them side-effects. They are just effects, they happen to virtually everyone who uses them.

CBD is a different story, but I feel like when we're in a forum with non-professionals it's important to state that getting a high CBD strain is not the same as receiving medical treatment for a disorder via ingestion of CBD.

If you go to the hospital and your heart is beating too fast you might be treated with a beta-blocker. You will certainly NOT, however, be treated with a beta-blocker, a slew of phytochemicals, more than 50+ terpenes--some of whose structure and toxicity or activity is completely unknown--and caffeine (a drug which will increase heart rate). In this way, smoking weed to treat schizophrenia is NOT a medical option. It's a hazardous option filled with unknowns and absolutely laden with unpredictable effectiveness and safety.

It may be considered a medical option in those situations where brain chemistry has not been compromised--for pain management, appetite management, et al.

However, for this particular situation--if you want to treat a schizophrenic with CBD you must treat them with CBD ONLY. Not a high CBD crude extract. Pure, unmolested, CBD.

Anything else is a roll of the dice, and I'm sure that as a clinical professional you will find no alternative but to agree with me on that.

As an aside, perhaps some folks have it so rough that a roll of the dice is worth it to them--and I don't mean to jump down those people's throats. My body is mine and your body is yours. Do with it as you please, but I do think it's important that people have the information in terms they can understand before they make such big decisions. The medically proper recommendation here is to stay away from crude mixtures of chemicals if you are a schizophrenic--especially if those mixtures are known to contain contraindicated compounds. Sometimes illness can cause us to reach for solutions where they do not exist. Perhaps CBD can be helpful, but if it's not administered in a medically responsible and repeatable way then we can't truly know anything about it's effectiveness.

The guess might be worth it to some, but they should know it is a guess--and it's one that could backfire.

gaiadreams

gaiadreams

Hi all, I just wanted to touch base on this thread. I have recently tried R4 oil which is mega high CBD and low almost no THC. Unfortunately I tried too much the first time and ended up with all my symptoms aggravated. That was not good. I have also tried Dixie Dew Drops hemp oil extra support, and Cidbex peppermint. Dixie was great for mood enhancement. I mean off the charts great! I at first used the recommended dose and that was OK, I found real relief and great sleep at bout 20 times the dose. Unfortunately, Dixie is very expensive, and Cibdex was not so great, so I'm back to trying to figure out how to grow R4 and extract pure CBD from it. No easy feat I am finding out. Any one with any tips would be much appreciated. (on growing R4 or extracting pure CBD) Thanks!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Thanks for posting this up! I've got to go find a video that showed how various solvents can allow you to extract different cannabinoids, can't remember where I saw it.

Here we go!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom